- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Airbus Operations SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Manufacturing processes simulation specialist has arisen within Airbus (Commercial Aircraft) in Toulouse. You will join Manufacturing Technologies department in St Eloi plant.
In Manufacturing Technologies department, we are responsible for the management of the manufacturing technologies used in the plant to produce elementary parts and assembly them. We are in charge of improving existing technologies & developing new ones for our future products. We are an active relay for the transverse functions in order to disseminate best practices for the interest of the plant & Airbus.
In this frame, you will be accountable for processes (including industrial means & tools) simulation activities for St Eloi plant.
You will be in charge to:
- support the development/improvement of simulation laws in cooperation with Engineering team,
- manage the simulation plant’s needs through the specifications defined by Methods specialists,
- make some simulations and subcontract the others,
- collect data on the shopfloor to validate models and insure their continuous improvement.
The main technologies of the plant are:
- Superplastic forming, Hot forming & cold forming
- 3D Printing Metal
- Heat Treatment
Should you wish to work in such environment, join us!
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Define the needs of simulation for all the technologies of the plant answering to Methods specialist specification
• Define plant’s simulation needs to support production, improvement and R&T projects, development of new products answering to Methods specialists specifications and manage the portfolio & priorities
• Manage the available simulation laws available for St Eloi application and their limits of use
• Support the development & continuous improvement of simulation laws in cooperation with engineering team: simulation of the product during the process (deformation, residual stresses, heat transfers …) as well as the production means & tools.
• Manage the simulations activities for the plant: make simulation and manage the subcontracted ones to deliver them on time, cost and quality.
• Manage shopfloor data on a one shot basis and/or on a regular basis depending on the needs of validation and continuous improvement of the simulation results.
• Build simulation projects for the plant with Methods specialist.
• Put in place simulations strategies linked with the reactivity required by production priorities.
• First plant priorities: You will have to manage: superplastic & hot forming processes especially means & tools behaviors with complex thermo-mechanical aspects.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
• Educated to 5 years degree level (or equivalent) in Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering or a related discipline.
• Experience in Thermo mechanical simulation applied to manufacturing processes
• Experience in Mechanics
• Material knowledge
• Knowledge of Abaqus and other simulation tools
• Focused on simulation added value for manufacturing
• Customer focused
• Structure way of working
• Ability to work in team as leader or support with engineering (for laws development) & shopfloor (for data collection)
• Ability to take initiative and to convince
• Negotiation Level of French & English