- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Airbus Defence and Space SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Project leader – Server Virtualisation (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence & in Elancourt. You will join IM Department .
Information Management (IM) delivers the expertise, technology and equipment for Airbus Space and Aerospace products - We make it fly!
IM is transforming and evolving but, we need even more talented people who can make a real difference to how we support, enable and deliver a diverse range of technological solutions and services to our customers.
As part of our transformation the new operating model is oriented around multi-functional, agile teams working with the business and developing our digital capabilities. What does this mean for you? A role in IM is an opportunity for you to grow and to develop your career in a progressive and innovative environment.
Our people, the teams they work in, and the values embedded in IM, are driving this change and you could be part of that too.
Are you prepared to re-think Information Management and Infrastructure services?
It is an exciting time to join the Information Management (IM) Team. IM is the Information Technology (IT) business enabler and unique IM Business Partner for Airbus Defence and Space.
Working in IM means living global trends (developments) such as digitalization, innovation and a new way of working.
Your role could also be defined as a Project Leader but with an important expertise to support our architects and project teams.
As a Project Leader, you will have to ensure that the projects that you have in your portfolio are delivered On Time On Cost and On Quality. Although you may have to manage Networks or Front Office projects, the majority of your projects will be BackOffice projects.
The Project Leader – Server Virtualisation is responsible from end to end of the good delivery of its projects.
In terms of organisation, we have today grouped together the project teams of the 3 infrastructure domain in a Unique Service Design and Transition team: BackOffice, FrontOffice and Networks.
Are you passionate for digital topics and interested in working in a diverse and international environment?
Then join us as a project Leader on virtualisation technologies.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Project manage your IT projects On Time, On Cost, On Quality.
• Because you have good Virtualisation, Storage and Backup skills, you will be able to support your DMs colleagues to build their project on these technologies. The other way round, other DMs may help you on servers, OS, Databases, Network skills, etc
• Collaborate with IM and Business subject matter experts and other IM colleagues to select the target architectures.
• Work with our IT partner teams to support integration, implementation and release to production.
• Work in iterative processes with the Business and validate findings.
• Assess, with the business, the expected qualification and assurance of the information in support of the use case.
• Work with the IM security team to ensure that the information used is in compliance with the regulatory and security policies in place (II901 and other regulations related to the protection of the defence).
• Educate the organization both from IM and the business perspectives on new approaches, such as testing hypotheses and validation of results.
• Demonstrate the following scientist qualities: clarity, accuracy, precision, relevance, depth, breadth, logic, significance, and fairness.
• Troubleshoot and implement enhancements and fixes to systems as needed.
This role will involve some travel for business (once a quarter maximum) in France and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
• Bachelor degree in computer sc