- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players by original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to amazing worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to surprising moments of fun and adventure that also help you as a player to discover yourself and learn.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Rayman, Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, Tom Clancy’s : The Division®, Ghost Recon Wildlands and Steep !
By joining Ubisoft Annecy, you will have the opportunity to join a community of passionate and collaborate, but also to evolve, with pioneering teams in their field, from all around the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you push the boundaries of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.
Do you have talent and experience in the video game industry? Do you want to join a challenging, stimulating, creative and friendly work environment? Join us!
For its Production Studio, Ubisoft Annecy is looking for a Senior Game Designer (Male or Female) to join a team in charge of developing AAA games and be a part of the next Ubisoft blockbuster.
Your mission will be to create progression mechanisms and main activities core to the player experience, in order to maximize his/her engagement for the game.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- In collaboration with the gameplay team, you will have to prototype, iterate and deliver some key features of the game.
- In collaboration with the UI/UX team, make sure your features are perfectly exposed and clear for the player to ensure their accessibility
- In collaboration with the tech teams and content teams you find the most efficient solution to leverage the quality of the features you’ll be in charge throughout the content.
- In collaboration with the live team, you will propose solutions in order to animate the community with these features once the game is released.
- Provide design documents throughout the production life cycle from hi-level concept to specific test cases.
- Test, measure, balance and adjust the settings of your features to ensure a great accessibility and yet a deep experience.
You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Game Design role.
You can justify from relevant experiences as a Game designer within complex design systems (progression, monetization, activities, game modes).
A significant experience on a multiplayer game or GaaS is highly recommended, within a AAA open-world.
- Team work: you know how to listen, communicate, mitigate and work together with a team of various job experts
- You have a strong knowledge of the industry, and leverage competition’s best practice.
- You are aware of the new gaming trends, news models, and know how to include these references in your design thinking
- Obviously, you know what accessibility, retention, engagement mean, and it is your focus.
- You have a player centric approach. Among the team, you are players’ white knight!
- You are proactive in identifying problems and finding solutions
- You are autonomous in working in a cell with your team
- Good level of English is required for suitable candidates
- Ability to speak French is a plus for non-French candidates
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
At Ubisoft Annecy, we are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Position available as soon as possible in Annecy !
Please submit a CV and all personal/professional work or portfolio website
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by
About the company
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands. The teams throughout Ubisoft's worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms.