- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players by original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to amazing worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to surprising moments of fun and adventure that also help you as a player to discover yourself and learn.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Rayman, Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, Tom Clancy’s : The Division®, Ghost Recon Wildlands and Steep !
By joining Ubisoft Annecy, you will have the opportunity to join a community of passionate and collaborate, but also to evolve, with pioneering teams in their field, from all around the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you push the boundaries of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.
Do you have talent and experience in the video game industry? Do you want to join a challenging, stimulating, creative and friendly work environment? Join us!
For its Annecy Production Studio, Ubisoft is looking for a Senior Gameplay Programmer to join a team in charge of developing a AAA game and participate in the upcoming Ubisoft blockbuster.
As a senior software engineer working in an AAA multi-site programming team, you are responsible for supporting and extending NPC technologies, from AI to animation, to meet game needs and quality expectations.
Eager to learn, you dig into the code base and engage communication with users and teammates to build a strong and broad understanding of the technology. You are in direct contact with end-users (animators, technical animators, designers…) and bridge the gap between them and the technical solution. You anticipate technical issues facing the team, you propose and implement solutions to address them and meet feature expectations. You help other programmers in finding technical solutions and mentor more junior coworkers in their learning process.
Strength of proposition, you participate in designing content prototypes in collaboration with the Design team.
You will participate in the architecture, design and implementation of the gameplay code following the Game Design intentions.
You will be looking for innovative tools and techniques allowing to achieve the best gameplay quality possible.
You will be the interface with all the trades (graphic designers, level designers, animators ...) to ensure that the constraints are well integrated in the game development.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
• 7+ years of experience in C++ programming in the game industry or software development.
• 3+ years of experience in gameplay programming, especially NPC aspects.
• Good knowledge of 3D programming and mathematics.
• Experience of AI technologies used in games like behavior trees, path finding…
• Experience of animation systems such as the one of Unity3D, Unreal, Havok, CryEngine, etc…
• Experience with multithreaded development.
• Proactive, autonomous, fast learner, team player with good interpersonal skills.
• Good working knowledge in spoken and written English.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
At Ubisoft Annecy, we are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Position available as soon as possible in Annecy !
Please submit a CV and all personal/professional work or portfolio website
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
Evolve in a leading French videogame company
About the company
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands. The teams throughout Ubisoft's worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms.