- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Senior Manager Design to Cost for Aircraft architecture (m/f) position has arisen within Airbus (Commercial Aircraft) in Toulouse. You will join the Technical Management team inside the Architect & Integrator Department.
You will demonstrate a successful experience in Design to Cost and Value Engineering management at overall vehicle design level (eg. automotive industry), combined with a good understanding of Systems Thinking (Systems Engineering standards) and complex vehicle architectural and multidisciplinary design.
As such you will be:
• accountable for the definition and completion of Aircraft level Value Engineering and Early Design to Cost workplan and the Verification & Validation of corresponding targets. Perform Value Analyses for all Programs until end of feasibility phase, lead identification of Recurring Costs savings opportunities and influence embodiment into design until end of concept phase and contribute to convergence towards RC targets until end of definition phase
• responsible for the development and deployment of Value Engineering and Design to Cost capabilities (competences, Process Methods & Tools) in the A/C level Architects community. Consolidate Engineering inputs into the Co-design to Value stream of Airbus DDMS business transformation program and support its consistent deployment and effectiveness throughout engineering centres.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Representing Engineering function in the endorsement of A/C level value and Recurring Costs targets for each Program. Defining the workplan required to achieve RC targets from design to cost operations
• Permanently influencing early design phases to handle Recurring Costs as a driving parameter in trade-offs and checking that route to RC targets is properly handled during Design Reviews and Maturity Gates
• Performing Value Analyses at A/C level, enabling identification of value dimensions and value drivers with the stakeholders:
- To support Programmes TopObjectives/TopRequirements elicitation in a value-driven approach and their cascade into next levels of requirements
- To support launch of R&T projects requiring the definition and agreement of a top level value model
- Interfacing with Costing function for the development of RC models at A/C level
• Developing and deploying the referential for Value Engineering activities:
- Top Program Objectives-Top Product Requirements value-driven elicitation method
- Common Methods supporting the compliance of all Airbus Business Processes to Systems Engineering directive
- Adaptation of the referential to embed Co-design to Value principles of DDMS transformation project
• Supporting Chief Engineering teams on RC convergence targets in the definition phase:
- coordinates with the Technical Managers of the Programs
- organizes lessons learnt on Value Engineering/DtC deployment from one program to another
- provides guidance for the set-up of Early DtC operations and liaises with Costing function
• Defining the learning strategy on Value Engineering and Early design to cost for Aircraft Architects (together with relevant faculties)
• Working in close cooperation with the "co-design to value" workstream of DDMS transformation program and promotes a consistent value approach throughout the business.
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
• Educated to a Master degree level (or equivalent) in Engineering, Production, Manufacturing or similar discipline
• Solid Experience in Engineering & project management
• Successful experience in Design to Cost and Value Engineering management
• Experience in Manufacturing & Finance
• Knowledge in Value Engineering (mandatory)
• Experience in Recurring cost trade-off and Recurring Costs modelling in Design a