- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players by original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to amazing worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to surprising moments of fun and adventure that also help you as a player to discover yourself and learn.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Rayman, Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, Tom Clancy’s : The Division®, Ghost Recon Wildlands and Steep !
By joining Ubisoft Annecy, you will have the opportunity to join a community of passionate people and collaborate, but also to evolve, with pioneering teams in their field, from all around the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you push the boundaries of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.
Do you have talent and experience in the video game industry? Do you want to join a challenging, stimulating, creative and friendly work environment? Join us!
Ubisoft Annecy is currently seeking a Tools Programmer C++ and C# (Male or Female) to strengthen the production team.
As a tools programmer, you will design, implement and ensure the proper functioning of the game editor and related tools in order to develop the potential of the engine and increase the efficiency of the production team.
· Work on tools and tech to aid and guide procedural world-building
· Design, implement, and iterate on new and existing systems and tools
· You must be comfortable working in both C++ and C# on a regular basis
· Must be good at understanding requirements and clearly communicating in a cross functional team
A minimum of 2 relevant years of experience in software tools programming, ideally in the video game industry or equivalent and minimum a bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent training.
· Experience working on game engines and/or tools
· Working experience with DCC tools
· Professional experience with C++ and/or C#
· Familiarity with WPF and Python
· Debugging and problem solving skills
· Ability to accurately predict task duration and understand dependencies
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Able to communicate efficiently in English, both written and spoken
· Results-driven, service-oriented attitude
· Relevant experience as a Tools Programmer on a AAA project is a big plus
· Previous experience working with Houdini or comparable procedural pipelines is an advantage
· Automated build/testing experience is a plus
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
At Ubisoft Annecy, we are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Position available as soon as possible in Annecy !
Please submit a CV and all personal/professional work or portfolio website. Your application must be written in english as our Lead tools programmer is a non-french speaker.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.
About the company
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands. The teams throughout Ubisoft's worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms.