- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Ubisoft is a global leader in the production, publication, and distribution of interactive video games. With 9,900 employees in 29 countries, the group is committed to providing innovative video games of excellent quality to the public.
Created in September 2017, Ubisoft Bordeaux is the newest of the French Ubisoft studios, working on iconic brands such as Just Dance, Ghost Recon, Beyond Good & Evil and the Raving Rabbids.
About 15 Ubisoft experts from all over the globe, created the core of the studio. With their experience, energy and passion, we are able to grow into a world class development team.
Announced as AAA studio, Ubisoft Bordeaux is growing rapidly and already counts more than 180 employees, from more than 15 different nationalities.
With the ocean less than an hour away, the vineyards at the gates of Bordeaux, and located in one of the most beautiful regions of France, Ubisoft Bordeaux is the ideal place to reconcile a demanding and creative work environment on leading Ubisoft brands along with an exceptional lifestyle.
If you like working in a stimulating, international and friendly environment, come join us and become a pioneer of this new studio!
The tools programmer will design, implement, enhance and ensure the proper functioning of the tools that will complete the engine possibilities and help improve the effectiveness of the production team.
Compile and understand the game production teams' needs and assess their feasibility to enhance the production pipeline
Analyze existing features in the engine and available tools and suggest improvements by designing and implementing new systems whenever necessary
Support the features and systems designed for production: production workflows in the engine, plugins for third-party applications (3DSMax, Maya, source control, etc.) and productivity tools (compilation, build process, etc.)
Analyze and correct the tools bugs determined by other working units and tools testers (and eventually the quality control team)
Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (production) to understand how to use the systems and features
You have an engineering school degree (5 years degree or equivalent), and can justify of a minimum of 3 years in the videogame industry or software development.
• Mastery in C# and in the .NET framework
• Professional experience with Winforms or WPF
• Strong skills in C++
• Good knowledge of script languages (Lua, Python, MaxScript)
• Good knowledge of Perforce and versioning systems
• Good knowledge of processing tools and languages (SQL, Excel)
• Experience with engines or production tools: Unreal Engine, Unity, other.
• Knowledge of graphical production tools (3DS Max, Maya, Motion Builder…).
• Ability to understand and account for user needs
• Strong interest in ergonomics and user experience
• Excellent ability to work effectively within a team
• Fluent in professional, written and spoken English
• Good communication skills, both technical and non-technical
• Strong organizational skills and able to work independently
About the company
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands. The teams throughout Ubisoft's worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms.