- Producer13/02/2017Choose your Vintage: Marketing to the Nostalgic You might think it a tragic state of affairs that the defining culture of the past five-to-ten years is one which relentlessly pillages the last century for aesthetic inspiration rather than come up with its own. In an age where human...
- Producer23/01/2017Viewability isn’t an issue if you know where to lookAccording to an article last year in Digiday which quotes multiple sources, 85-90% of Facebook’s commercial video views are silent. There is also evidence showing that Globally only 13% watch commercials in their entirety on the social platform....
Comments30/01/2017 #6 CityVP 🐝 ManjitPS I know it is Tottenham Hotspur, but with years singing Come on You Spurs - it is natural for me to say Hotspurs. That being said it took some time to figure out what COYS was - sometimes the obvious is sitting right in front of our nose - that is the best thing about being a Tottenham supporter because that is what life is - until of course Daniel Levy begins to learn how to "buy" success - so long as he does not move our new ground one day to the Chinese Super League. He will still sell Dele for a 100 mill.30/01/2017 #4 CityVP 🐝 Manjit#3 Dear James, I need to declare that I have not been a Spurs fan for my whole life - for the first 8 years of my life I did not know what football was. It began as peer pressure at the age of 7 when another kid in the school asked me which team I belonged to. I was utterly clueless to what he was talking about "The red side or the blue side". I responded "blue I guess". In that moment I had signed up to the blue gang and in 1968 the blue side was Tottenham Hotspurs.
I had chosen the red pill today I would have been a supporter of a team called Manchester United. Those were the only two options in the playground - so I count my blessings that those options were not Red=Arsenal and Blue=Chelsea. Ultimately by the time Martin Chivers scored his goals in the 1971 League Cup Final I had already been transformed into a die hard Tottenham fan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM-RgqVD7Dk
Yes I don''t regret taking the blue pill which next year will be 50 years ago - for all the titles Alex Ferguson won, nothing tops hungering for rare success and being rewarded every 20 years with a moment to remember like Ricky Villa - as I remember 1991. Though Spurs Fans treat White Hart Lane as hallowed ground, I did not enjoy much sitting on those small size seats or using the washrooms that reminded me that Tottenham has been around for a long-long time. Looking forward to the new stadium build, and perhaps the promised land that has not existed since Bill Nicholson stood larger than life as our manager, and when the most unlikely of managers Keith Burkinshaw turned out to have a cup winning midas touch. Now I offer you the "blue pill".25/01/2017 #2 CityVP 🐝 ManjitNow when do I say the words "welcome to beBee?
I hope Messieurs Javier [ @Javier 🐝 beBee ] and Juan [ @Juan Imaz ] discover what it means to have a brand chill, because today understanding branding is critical communication competency but diluting brand is a crime and when we turn brand into a prostitute, we turn it into a knock shop, something one can do for $5 on the backstreet of a branding quickie.
There are no short cuts, no simplistic messages, no platitudes, no easy riders - branding is a long-term craft for the banquet and not the soup kitchen. So indeed welcome James May, your arrival is most timely :-) Welcome to beBee !!!25/01/2017 #1 CityVP 🐝 ManjitThere are words here that jump of the page and these are words which I am particularly resonate about :
We know that great brands are appreciated deeply because Superbowl Ads have become cultural phenomena.
Yet branding is beginning to fall into the pearls category because people have are trying to drink brand like they line up outside Starbucks like teenage mutant ninja turtles. When I look at brand I either see the best of it or I see its degradation as in this pearls before swine clip from Streetcare Named Desire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLxUYa47OXE
In this clip I am Marlon Brando saying the same thing that Nova Spivak has said "people maybe brands but brands are not people" - and personal brand is that woman that Brando exposes - the brand that we appreciate is much bigger than the brand that is puss (I mean us). So this is a conversation about elegance, about resonance and most of all appreciation. The craft and the marketer today are two different animals. In this century to appreciate brand is to appreciate its craft then brand is personal.
- Producer12/01/2017Skip That Ad!A few months ago I commented on a post by Jim Murray in which we were discussing online ads. In my comment I told Jim that when given the option to click "Skip Ad" on a video I patiently wait through the few seconds in which the site (in the case...
Comments13/01/2017 #39 Pamela 🐝 Williams#34 I actually thought of you when I was writing this; "What will Paul the Ad man think of this?". Funny enough, when I first ventured into a Business degree they gave me one of those tests that are supposed to tell you what career you should pursue based on interests, talents, etc. Mine was: Advertising Executive. BUT!! it was the Advertising class that gave the test and I learned to...shall we say...sway those tests early in life. My very first college pursuit was Nursing (not my cup of tea at ALL) and the test I took in my psychology class (exact same test) returned the results: Medical Professional.
hahahaha. Those tests are so ridiculous! But I actually did consider an advertising career, just didn't work out.13/01/2017 #37 Sarah Elkins#10 Your post made me laugh out loud, @Pamela 🐝 Williams, I love that! And ew... wet sneezes are the worst. I think your idea and @Dean Owen's are terrific. I'll make sure we take some brief videos and lots of pictures at #NoLongerVirtual. We'll make sure we get all the bees in some part of the videos and photographs. Cool. Now... who else from beBee will BEE at NLV?!12/01/2017 #32 Pamela 🐝 Williams#30 Actually I have purchased thousands of dollars worth of office supplies from Staples. I was trying to track down something special that my boss wanted for each of the consultants working on a project (about 25 people) and no one store had enough of them (not real popular, but expensive) The manager helped me track down enough for everyone and even helped me get them shipped express to my local store. It's a good company with very helpful employees. I just try to buy local (small business) whenever I can for my personal needs.12/01/2017 #31 🐝 Fatima Williams#29 Ha Ha Hugs ! I do enjoy watching certain commercial's too but like @Chas ✌️ Wyatt say's it gets annoying when your actually trying to watch something 😁 😁😁 BTW I love the idea for a beBee video Ad 🤗🤗🤗🤗 It can be something like a time lapse kinda video showing how we grow and form connections here with some pics together and the business successes that are created !12/01/2017 #30 Chas ✌️ Wyatt@Pamela 🐝 Williams, so, I guess the bottom line from Staple's perspective is, did you go down to Staples and buy anything? There is now an ad-free version of YouTube available if you are willing to pay the subscription fee. Not sure how well it works, though. Perhaps the most annoying for me on YouTube are those little tabs that slide out from the left margin every few seconds as you are viewing the video. Every site I go to these days has pop-unders, pop-overs, or pop-ups, or worse, the cursor-catchers that bring up a new ad page as you innocently scroll across the page. Guess they have to pay to keep the lights on somehow.12/01/2017 #29 Pamela 🐝 Williams#8 Yikes, I missed replying to my sister's comment! :-). That would drive me crazy Fatima. Most of the commercials are just a waste of time. I guess that's why when something brilliant like this Staples Ad shows up I can't help myself, I have to watch. It's a disease I tell you, a disease, for which there is no cure! :-)12/01/2017 #24 Pamela 🐝 Williams#22 Well if she's only three then she's not going to be a sucker for the post-it notes like I was! hahaha
Kid's today are so far ahead of adults on the computer and internet...usually by the age 10 we're asking them questions! I think my daughter got her degree in Computer Information Systems just to help Mom out.
- 11/01/2017Very interesting (and work in progress) https://medium.com/@szczpanks/design-thinking-where-it-came-from-and-the-type-of-people-who-made-it-all-happen-dc3a05411e53#.ognxjs6k8Design thinking origin story plus some of the people who made it all happenmedium.com Recently design thinking has gained momentum in the business world but how exactly did it come...
- 02/01/2017Walking the roads of our youth
through the land of our childhood, our home and our truth
Be near me, guide me
always stay beside me so i can be free, free
Lets roam this place
familiar and vast
our playground of green frames, our past
We were wanderers
never lost, always home
When every place was fenceless
and time was endless
our ways were always the same
Cool my demons and walk with me brother
until our roads lead us away from each other
and if your heart’s full of sorrow, keep walking, don’t rest
and promise me from heart to chest
to never let your memories die, never
I will always be alive and by your side,
in your mind
I'm freeJohnnie Walker - Dear Brother Director: Dorian & Daniel www.facebook.com/doriananddaniel Actors: Robin Guiver, Mathew Lewis-Carter Voice Actor: John "Bang" Reilly Producer: Madlen Folk &...
- Producer01/01/2017Celebrating New YearWhilst spring cleaning my photo library, I came across one of my early photographs of fireworks. Looking back through my images was an interesting and informative reflective exercise. There is clear progression, not so many of what I then thought...
- 30/11/2016Wes Anderson, one of the best directors currently working, paired up with H&M for this wonderful short film about a late train for the holidays and how the passengers inside make the best out of it, Simply delightful!Come Together – directed by Wes Anderson starring Adrien Brody – H&M; Discover the H&M Christmas 2016 collection and see the new film directed by Wes Anderson, starring Adrien...
- 26/11/2016https://www.bebee.com/?pscroll=4beBee, Engagement through passionswww.bebee.com Connect with professionals in your field and bees with whom you share interests on beBee. Social network specialized in affinity...