- Producer24/04/2017Seven Spring Cleaning Ideas To TryNo one knows how spring became the universally decided upon time to freshen up the home, but it is and now that Spring is here, you really should spend a little time giving your home a refresh. So carve out a couple of weekends and try the following...
- 24/04/2017EarthWall II / Ward + Blake Architects, Squirrel, Idaho, USA. To read more go to :- http://architecturelab.net/earthwall-ii-ward-blake-architects/
- 24/04/2017Tel Aviv’s Gran Mediterraneo Tower blooms with with a lush vertical garden.
This curvy new skyscraper envisioned for Tel Aviv is a lush oasis that combines modern, sustainable living with plenty of nature. The skyscraper is filled with Mediterranean and Dead Sea flora and features an automated car park, farms, electric charging stations and public gardens. The mixed-use Gran Mediterraneo tower, designed by French architect David Tajchman, is wrapped in mirrored glass and white concrete conceived using the latest construction and digital technologies.
- 22/04/201710 slides from Dezeen's Pinterest boards that offer a slippery alternative to stairswww.dezeen.com From meeting escape routes to easy kitchen access – this week’s Pinterest roundup features homes and offices that make the best use of...
- Producer20/04/2017The Ghost Tower: A Victim of the TimesBack in the 1990s, Thailand’s economy was booming and the future was as bright as it had ever been. Things were going so well that developers were seeing tall office buildings everywhere and residential skyscrapers, a true show of the nation’s...
- 20/04/2017Music-lovers of Huainan, China, can revel in this ''Piano House'' designed by architecture students from the Hefei University of Technology. The focal transparent violin contains the escalators and the staircase for the main piano-shaped building. Because of its unique shape it has become a popular tourist place and many newly weds have their photo taken in its front. The locals have dubbed it “the most romantic building in China. http://unusualplaces.org/piano-house/
- 20/04/2017A green-roofed Hobbit home anyone can build in just 3 days.
Can you imagine living in a 400-square-foot tiny home that is eco-friendly and energy-efficient, yet boasts all the amenities of a conventional house? Magic Green Homes fabricates such structures using prefabricated vaulted panels and covers them with soil, creating flexible green-roofed living spaces with a Tolkienesque charm. And the kicker? They're so easy to construct, just about anyone can build one.
The Green Magic Homes are composed of prefabricated vaulted panels manufactured with composite laminate materials, confined by walls in reinforced soil. The designs can be adapted to any type of topography and customized to fit individual needs. The good thing is customers can start small and purchase panels which would be sufficient to build a few modules and then expand as they go. It takes only three people to assemble the structure in three days, with no special skills or heavy equipment.
- 20/04/2017True North by TANDEM Design Studio, Melbourne, Australia
To read more go to :- http://architecturelab.net/true-north-tandem-design-studio/
- Go inside Hudson Yards as its ‘Vessel’ gets its groundbreakingny.curbed.com As the "public landmark" at the megaproject’s center begins its ascent, we check in on the status of the massive development’s myriad...
- 19/04/2017Comelite Architecture & Structurecomelite-arch.com We are Comelite Architecture & Structure. Our story starts with our clients. They are remarkably diverse: large and small, private and public, for-profit and nonprofit. We grow our business by helping our clients grow theirs. By putting their needs...
- Studio Gang to Construct "Hive" for the National Building Museum's Summer Block Partywww.archdaily.com Previously home to a beach-like ball pit, a giant maze, and sea of icebergs, this summer the National Building Museum in Washington, D.C. will...
- A' design awards and competition 2017 winners announced!www.designboom.com from 98 different countries across 97 different design disciplines, the winners of the 2016 - 2017 A' design awards & competition have been...
- Drone footage captures Apple Park as it prepares to welcome employeeswww.dezeen.com As Apple gears up to open its Foster + Partners-designed campus in Cupertino, a drone has filmed the buildings nearing...
- 18/04/2017Related's Stephen Ross kicks off construction on Hudson Yards' 150-foot climbable 'Vessel' | 6sqftwww.6sqft.com The installation has begun on 'Vessel', an innovative landmark designed by Heatherwick Studio, at Hudson Yards. The project’s idea stems from Related Companies chairman Stephen Ross, who chose Thomas Heatherwick to design the $150 million...
- Casa Cristal by Gómez De La Torre & Guerrero, Playa Señoritas, Perú. To read more go to :- http://architecturelab.net/casa-cristal-playa-senoritas-peru/
- 17/04/201712 Architecture and Urban Photographs Show that Symmetry is Perfection - Arch2O.comwww.arch2o.com Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.For the Ancient Greek, symmetry was perfection, and ever since, it has become the marking feature of classic architecture. It is, also, considered by some designers as one of the aesthetic...
- 17/04/2017construction update: zaha hadid's one thousand museumwww.designboom.com new images have been released of one thousand museum, the zaha hadid-designed residential tower currently under construction in...
- kupla, Korkeasaari Zoo lookout tower, Helsinki, Finland.
Korkeasaari Zoo (Helsinki) and Wood Focus Finland organised an architectural competition for the students of architecture at Helsinki University of Technology, with the assignment of designing a ten-metre-high view tower out of timber for the Zoo. HUT Wood Studio/ Ville Hara, architect SAFA. http://architecturelab.net/kupla-korkeasaari-zoo-lookout-tower-helsinki-finland/
- FRAME / APOLLO Architects & Associates, Nakano ward Tokyo, Japan. http://architecturelab.net/frame-apollo-architects-associates/
- Producer16/04/2017Benefits of Working with 3D Architectural Walkthrough CompanyWhen you hire a 3D Architectural walkthrough company, you get the benefit of showcasing your product in a different light. Nowadays, with so many similar companies, you need to do something that would help you break the clutter. Architectural...
- 15/04/2017The Dancing House in Prague was designed by the Croatian-Czech architect Vlado Milunić in cooperation with Canadian-American architect Frank Gehry.
The house is an architectural metaphor of a famous dancing couple Ginger Rogers and Fred Astair – that´s why the house is also called “Ginger and Fred”. The glass tower represents Ginger who bends and clings to Fred, the concrete tower. 💃🕺
Comments16/04/2017 #15 Gerald Hecht#14 @Lada 🏡 Prkic Exactly; I know I was twisting up the words to try to recreate the "experience" of the terrifying truth. The truth that you've expressed in a linear form --it's crazy!
I was gonna add a FWIW, it's not only architecture...it's everything! The full impact...spurred me to umm... I just wrote a "longform" post --it should be up now.
For now, I hope you are able to have an inspiring Easter...and I'm unplugging for a spell.16/04/2017 #14 Lada 🏡 Prkic#13 Gerry, I referred to the so-called expert critics. They are self-proclaimed experts and often "critics on duty" at the same time.
In my opinion, a serious critic should be competent in a specific field. You need to be an expert (specialist) in the same subject area before becoming a critic.
When it comes to architecture, those "expert/critics" can influence the results while sit on juries for architectural competition of public buildings.16/04/2017 #13 Gerald Hecht#9 @Lada 🏡 Prkic it's weird that there are:
1) expert critics,
2) expert artists, designers, architects...and
3a) that the people in: 1) (above) seem to wield such power over the perceived quality (exerting an inordinate amount of "Influence") of work produced by: 2) (above) ...even if the individuals in: 1) (above) don't have any expertise in 2) (above) or
3b) don't really have the requisite expertise to (technically/legitimately) pace them properly in 1) (above) in the first place. I'm certainly no expert in the subject of gaining expertise in "offering criticism"... but it does make me wonder about:
3c) people who exert undue influence on people's perception of the quality of work by 2) (above) without having actual expertise in EITHER 1) OR 2) (above). I think that the rapid increase in phenomena like 3c) (above) ...is what hath been wrought by "SM tricks" like "amplified twitterbot armies", a sense of "entitlement to possession of expertise" by people who poses no such thing...sad15/04/2017 #3 Lada 🏡 Prkic#2 Exactly! Thanks for such a comment, Gerry.
I don't understand why this unusual, but amazing, shape of the building has been controversial among designers and critics from the start. As always, much ado about nothing :-)
Despite all of the criticism, the building is regarded as one of the Prague landmarks.
- 15/04/2017The Jubilee Church, Rome by Richard Meier.
This Jubilee Church, an imposing white concrete structure dominated by three soaring "sails", was opened in 2003. For this building, the architect used a special concrete, containing titanium dioxide, a compound used as a white pigment which has the property of being able to absorb the surrounding smog. With this realization Italy was not simply modernizing its national identity through architecture, it was also going green.
- 15/04/2017Blast from the past - 2012/13 - Major renovations to a house in Eagle Canyon Golf Estate. To read more go to :- http://www.bluedesigns.org/eagle-canyon-house.php