- 16/01/2017Tree Top Residence by Belzberg Architects, Los Angeles, California, USA to read more go to :- http://www.caandesign.com/los-angeles-unique-home-embodies-intent-offer-respite-city/
- 16/01/2017Building in a flood zone sounds like asking for trouble, but that doesn’t have to be the case if you use the right construction techniques. The most basic strategy to avoid rising waters is to raise the buildings above the flood level, but houses that actually float off the ground when waters rush in are impressive. While this type of automated flood defense isn’t as common as elevated homes, we may see it pop up in more houses as flooding threatens to become a regular occurrence around the world. http://inhabitat.com/6-amphibious-houses-that-float-to-escape-flooding/
- 17/12/2016Phuket, Thailand may be overrun by tourists in some areas, but there are still some sweet secluded spots to escape the crowds. The stunning Keemala Eco Resort designed by Space Architects is an exclusive retreat tucked into a lush hilly landscape overlooking the Andaman Sea that is infused with vibrant colors, earthy fabrics and natural materials that pay homage to the area’s pristine landscape. - http://inhabitat.com/thai-eco-resort-delights-guests-with-woven-pods-and-other-sublime-dwellings/
- 14/12/2016First Crescent by SAOTA – Stefan Antoni Olmesdahl Truen Architects, Camps Bay, Cape Town, South Africa - http://www.caandesign.com/first-crescent-by-saota-located-in-campus-bay-south-africa/
- 12/12/2016House with awesome GCA Architects, Andorra - http://www.caandesign.com/detached-family-house-awesome-views-designed-spanish-firm-gca-architects/
- 12/12/2016Fogo Island Long Studio by Saunders Architecture, Newfoundland, Canada - http://www.caandesign.com/fogo-island-long-studio-by-saunders-architecture/
- 10/12/2016Meera Sky Garden House in Singapore by Guz Architects - http://www.caandesign.com/the-amazing-meera-house-by-guz-architects/
Comments10/12/2016 #2 Ken BoddieI've loved turf roofing, Claire, ever since I saw it used to good effect in bottle storage buildings in a winery in Pokolbin, NSW many years ago. It has a great cooling influence. I also love the great blend of materials used in this house, unlike some others I have recently seen in trendy high priced housing here in Oz (I'll tag you in a buzz I'm working on).
- 09/12/2016Psychiko House by Divercity Architects, Athens, Greece to read more go to :- http://www.caandesign.com/psychiko-house-by-divercity-architects/
- 08/12/2016I think this Kodasema idea from KODA in Estonia is really great.
"Named KODA, the mobile house prototype contains an open-plan living space and mezzanine bedroom within its 25-square-metre footprint, and also includes a built-in terrace in front of its glazed frontage."
- read about it over @ dezeen.comKodasema creates tiny prefab house that moves with its ownerswww.dezeen.com This tiny prefabricated dwelling by design collective Kodasema is designed to allow its residents up sticks and move to a new location in less than a...
- 08/12/2016Villa Escarpa by Mario Martins. Luz, Portugal to read more go to :- http://www.caandesign.com/villa-escarpa-by-mario-martins/
Comments08/12/2016 #1 CityVP 🐝 ManjitNow that picture is what will make me want to be a billionaire - but even if I was, I would first splash the cash on buying Tottenham Hotspurs Football Club - so there is fair reason why the good Lord has kept me below the line of the 1% - but if I ever do, I definitely will check out this Mario Martins chap.
- 08/12/2016An Der Achalm Residence by Alexander Brenner Architects . Germany to read more go to :- http://www.caandesign.com/an-der-achalm-residence-by-alexander-brenner-architects/
- ProducerCommon Mistakes People make when Designing a HouseYou are about to build your dream home - but have you thought everything through? Poor design choices can make your home uncomfortable and sometimes unhealthy. Good pre-planning can help you avoid these common mistakes.1. Not considering your...
- 4 Reasons Why Restoring Historical Homes is a Good Investmentchambersarchitects.com The historical homes renovation market was hit hard by the 2008 recession, but is regaining strength, as home buyers renew their attraction to...
- House M by monovolume architecture + design, Italy to read more go to :- http://www.caandesign.com/house-m/
- 06/12/2016SAOTA designed the Beachyhead residence, a modern Plettenberg Bay home near the beach with great sea views. To read more go to : - http://www.caandesign.com/saota-designed-beachyhead-residence-modern-plettenberg-bay-home-near-beach-great-sea-views/
- 06/12/2016Super Villa in Los Angeles by Wolf Architects to read more go to:- http://www.caandesign.com/clever-combination-periodic-style-contemporary-residential-design-super-villa-los-angeles/
- 05/12/2016Bosque da Ribeira Residence by Anastasia Arquitetos, Brazil to read more go to : - http://www.caandesign.com/bosque-da-ribeira-residence-by-anastasia-arquitetos/
- 04/12/2016Park Royal on Pickering by WOHA, Singapore to read more go to :- http://www.archdaily.com/363164/parkroyal-on-pickering-woha-2
- 04/12/2016Elysium 154 House by BVN Architecture, Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia to read more go to :- http://www.caandesign.com/elysium-154-house-by-bvn-architecture/
- 03/12/2016Villa A by Najjar-Najjar Architects, Linz, Austria, to read more go to:- http://www.caandesign.com/villa-a-by-najjar-najjar-architects/
- 03/12/2016Ultramodern Casa a l’aspre by nomarq | estudi d’arquitectura, Orba, Alicante, Spain to read more go to :- http://www.caandesign.com/ultramodern-casa-laspre-nomarq-estudi-darquitectura/
- 02/12/2016Lyon Park House: renovation of a brick colonial revivalist house in Arlington, Virginia, USA by Robert M. Gurney. To read more go to:- http://www.caandesign.com/lyon-park-house-renovation-brick-colonial-revivalist-house-arlington-virginia/
- 01/12/2016An oasis of beauty and calm has been carved out from the bustling metropolis of Mexico City. Revolution Architects designed the Black Cabin, a compact green-roofed dwelling surrounded by nature at Desierto de los Leones woods in the city’s western region. Sustainability and cost-effective construction were the driving features of the modular cabin design, which is constructed from recyclable materials and elevated off the ground to protect the interior from the cold and humidity. To read more go to:- http://inhabitat.com/green-roofed-timber-cabin-floats-above-the-ground-in-mexico-city/
- 01/12/2016Kona Residence by Belzberg Architects, Hawaii - to read more go to:- http://www.caandesign.com/kona-residence-by-belzberg-architects/
Architecture (Latin architectura, from the Greek ἀρχιτέκτων arkhitekton "architect", from ἀρχι- "chief" and τέκτων "builder") is both the process and the product of planning, designing, and constructing buildings and other physical structures. Architectural works, in the material form of buildings, are often perceived as cultural symbols and as works of art. Historical civilizations are often identified with their surviving architectural achievements.