- Kids don't try this at home.image-store.slidesharecdn.com
- UNIQUE DESIGNED---(nautilus house -south America)image-store.slidesharecdn.com
- ProducerBilly's Words of WisdomMy Happy Place Billy's Words of Wisdom"There are people who make things happen, there are people who watch things happen, and there are people who wonder what happened. To be...
- 14/05/2017Found this on tumblr ~ The Curve in the Line ~ really cool & organic architecture
Luc Schuiten is a visionary Belgian architect. Following the principle of “archiborescence,” his buildings blend natural and manufactured elements into structures that resemble lotus pods, artichokes, and silkwork cocoons.
Direct 2 Luc ~ http://www.vegetalcity.net/en/The Curve in the Linehideback.tumblr.com hideback: “ Luc Schuiten is a visionary Belgian architect. Following the principle of “archiborescence,” his buildings blend natural and manufactured elements into structures that resemble lotus...
- Producer11/05/2017Printing Buildings...In Space!3D printing has been gaining popularity since being introduced for commercial consumption. People can now buy a 3D printer and use it at home! With the growing industry of 3D printing, it is inevitable that 3D printing will start to get out of this...
- Producer11/05/20173 Ugliest BuildingsMany agree that the term “ugly” is a subjective perspective and differs from person to person. Yet, sometimes the majority can agree when something ugly is just plain ugly. Buildings are not normally prone to getting called ugly but they do exist....
- Producer01/05/2017How 3D Product Animation Can Increase Your Business SalesEach business owner wants to increase their sales, which is why when they opt for 3D product animation services, it would do wonders to achieve this goal. Research proves that this service plays a role in improving sales for the business. While...
- Producer29/04/2017Watch your designs come to life with Architectural animation 3D Walkthrough CompanyDreams maketh a man. Before any architectural project comes into existence, it first comes into the mind of the client. Once the design is conceptualized in the mind, it is then drawn. Working with outsourcing provider like JMSD Consultant – 3D...
- Producer26/04/20173D Rendering Create Positive Visual Impressions of Building Design workOne of the most mundane experiences that we experience on day to day basis shows us the value of primary impressions. First impressions are a key to make an impression. As Malcolm Gladwell says in his book Blink, people make up their subconscious...
- 24/04/2017EarthWall II / Ward + Blake Architects, Squirrel, Idaho, USA. To read more go to :- http://architecturelab.net/earthwall-ii-ward-blake-architects/
- 15/04/20179 treehouses you can actually rent for an off-the-ground getaway
Treehouse envy is a common ailment, especially for those of us who can no longer fit into the beloved hideouts of our childhood. The cure: an adult-sized vacation stay in a treehouse. On sites like VRBO and Glamping Hub, you can choose locations around the world, from a tropical, open-air treehouse paradise in Brazil to a South Carolina treehouse boasting southern comfort and interesting antiques. There’s no better way to integrate with your vacation surroundings than by living in the trees (with amazing views). Your childhood treehouse goals just grew up.
- 14/04/2017J-4 House / Vertice Architects, Lomas del Mar, Lima, Perú. To read more go to :- http://architecturelab.net/j-4-house-vertice-architects/
- 13/04/2017IDMM Architects Designs Irregularly-Overlapped Concrete Boxes Overlooking To Sari-Gol Valley Of Korea. To read more go to :- http://worldarchitecture.org/architecture-news/cvpce/idmm_architects_designs_irregularlyoverlapped_concrete_boxes_overlooking_to_sarigol_valley_of_korea.html
- 13/04/20172017 Architizer Awards are "a stunning celebration of innovative architecture"www.treehugger.com They deserve an award for putting on such a terrific award...
- 12/04/2017MAD and Stefano Boeri propose crinkled towers and vertical forests for Milan's disused railway yardswww.dezeen.com MAD, Stefano Boeri Architetti, Mecanoo are among five architecture studios to unveil proposals to completely transform unused railways across...
- 11/04/2017Klein Bottle House / McBride Charles Ryan, Mornington, Australia. To read more go to :- http://architecturelab.net/klein-bottle-house-mcbride-charles-ryan/
- 10/04/20179 Stunning Buildings That Will Change the Way You Think of Wood.
A beautiful new coffee-table book features 170 dramatic examples of great wooden architecture.
When you think of wooden buildings, you likely think of log cabins or New England clapboard cottages. But thanks to new technologies like treatments for bamboo or cross-laminated "engineered" timber, wood is stronger, lighter, fireproof, and more practical than ever before—an alternative to environmentally problematic materials like steel and concrete. In London, for example, Murray Grove is a nine-story residential building built entirely of wood. Welcome to the era of wooden skyscrapers.
(Evolver, Zermatt, Switzerland, Alice Studio/EPFL, 2009. Photo: Joel Tettamanti/ALICE Studio EPFL) http://www.gq.com/story/9-stunning-buildings-wood-architecture
- 08/04/2017Architecture and interior design are two of my favorite things. I just saw this link on another . . . gorgeous stuff!Sugamo Shinkin Bank / emmanuelle moureaux architecture + design - Architecture Labarchitecturelab.net Sugamo Shinkin Bank is a credit union that strives to provide first-rate hospitality to its customers in accordance with its motto: “we take pleasure in serving happy...
- 08/04/2017Country Club Residence / Migdal Arquitectos, Mexico. To read more go to :- http://architecturelab.net/country-club-residence-migdal-arquitectos/
- The city Le Corbusier built: inside Chandigarh – in pictureswww.theguardian.com In 1950, India’s prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru invited the architect Le Corbusier to design a modernist city that broke with the country’s colonial...
- Converting Old Farm Into Housearchitizer.com Converting an old farm into a warm industrial farmhouse with big view on an old brick wall, original wooden beams and the beautiful area around the...
- Inside Zaha Hadid Architects’ under-construction One Thousand Museum in Miami.
Located on the water’s edge and overlooking Herzog & de Meuron’s Pérez Art Museum, ZHA’s One Thousand Museum’s curvaceous exoskeleton makes a statement. In accordance with the vernacular of condominium buildings in the city, the structural framework is all white, but that’s where the building’s flirtation with Miami modernism ends.
While serving as a structural device and taking on the typical billowing form ascribed to Hadid’s aesthetic, the exoskeleton also produces wide-open floorplans. “We wanted it, to a degree, to reflect what was going on inside the building,” said Lépine. In addition to the penthouse, there are eight full-floor apartments and 70 half-floor units.
Aside from palatial living units, One Thousand Museum is laden with luxury amenities: thirty thousand square feet of communal areas, including a two-story aquatic center, a sky lounge, a multimedia theater, a wellness spa, gym facilities, and a private event space—naturally, a “bank quality” vault is also included.
Ground broke on the building in December 2014. During the summer of 2015, one thousand trucks rolled onto site to pour 9,500 cubic yards of concrete in 24 hours to start the One Thousand Museum’s foundational work. The building is currently due for completion in 2018.
- 06/04/2017The Shingle House / NORD Architecture & Living Architecture.
The Shingle House replaces a dilapidated fisherman’s cottage at Dungeness in Kent. The cottage was known locally as The Smokery, since, like most of the fishing families in the area, the owner smoked and sold local fish from the site. On his retirement, the owner offered to sell the house and outbuildings to Living Architecture, presenting the team with an ideal opportunity to create a new house on the site, whilst respecting the historical significance of the area.
- 04/04/2017Hanging spherical lodge is a treetop retreat in Laos.
Spherical eco-lodges that hang from the trees could allow visitors to observe and immerse themselves in the flora and fauna of the Nam Et-Phou Louey Biodiversity Conservation Area in northern Laos. Coupled with new observation decks for observing the area’s endangered tiger population, the suspended sleeping pods give guests a protected and unique place to sleep. The project by Cole Company would be located near the village of Nam Poung, and it would create jobs for local villagers.
Inspired by structures found in nature like bird and insect nests, the spherical floating lodges are made up of a bamboo and timber frame, and basket-like base. The base fits two guests comfortably.
Stretched over the upper parts of the floating orb is lightweight hydrophobic fabric sourced from Vietnam that protects occupants against rain. The lodges are kept in place with taut cables which are secured to neighboring trees, ensuring a minimal environmental footprint.
The project would also include an elevated bamboo and timber observation deck, which is also suspended between three or four sturdy trees. The deck would allow guests to watch wildlife without disturbing their daily habits.
Architecture (Latin architectura, from the Greek ἀρχιτέκτων arkhitekton "architect", from ἀρχι- "chief" and τέκτων "builder") is both the process and the product of planning, designing, and constructing buildings and other physical structures. Architectural works, in the material form of buildings, are often perceived as cultural symbols and as works of art. Historical civilizations are often identified with their surviving architectural achievements.