- 06/04/2017"Yellow Snow" it is supposed to be the last snow of the year
Of course in the west, it means that a dog relieved itself in a drift or field
- 05/04/2017The old ways are still apparent in Central Asia
100 miles outside of the capital - cars and computers are a rarity.
And thankfully neither Starbucks nor McDonalds has landed locallySakha warrior song: "Orto Aziya" - Legentej (Yakutia) Yakutia Sakha warrior song якутская песня "Орто Азия" -...
- 05/04/2017Асель Касмакунова - Кара жорго
The Dark Rider dance - sweeping the nation in line dance fashion - a great shoulder work out as well.Super Kyrgyz folk song and dance - Kara Jorgo(Kyrgyz Musics) Music of Kyrgyzstan. Асель Касмакунова - Кара жорго....
- 03/04/2017Bishkek has many "Tribute" restaurants piggy backing on an existing brand - either directly using their name or a spoof there of. Nearly every social media stream has its own themed cafe ( VK, OdnoKlassic, WhatsApp, McDonards, and of course Football Club Pubs ManU, Royale Madrid.... etc) YES, there was even an Obama tribute restaurant .....I saw was - because Bishkek is Repealing & Replacing that eatery with one to Celebrate the 45th President - Donald Trump.
Opening in a few weeks after the remodel.
Obama was not / is not popular here - there will be no face-time remnants of his Legacy in Central Asia.
- Producer01/04/2017Notice of IntentThis was my last Long form post on Linked-In over a year ago. Notice of Intent In that year, I have developed ties to the community and local out lying regions - made connections with construction, finance, and government entities that could help...
- 23/03/2017Toilet paper in the region (when you find it) is as such - no tube and it is a "raw" and course affair - just this side of wiping with shipping parcel paper.
No fluffy bears dancing
Mr Whipple has no worries of you squeezing this roll 😱
- The Dragon is normally associated with China ..... but China is right next door - so it was an easy commute for this red devil to make an appearance !
Actually - there is a long standing local folklore about dragons as well.
The Red Ceremonial one here is supposed to grant you good luck and fortune for the year.... the ones of olden days just wanted to eat you.
- More Cymolok for everyone !
I am honestly surprised that they have not thinned it down and made it into a booze yet..... but that is just the old moonshiner streak in my family thinking out loud......
With the right process - it could be a potent potable.
- The Spring Holiday of Nowruz came off in grand style.
Many of my students were involved in the dance performances and in the behind the scenes work for costumes and choreography.
The local news got way better pictures than I did - Enjoy
- 21/03/2017Symolok (Cумолок) is a traditional Kyrgyzs treat for the Nowruz (Muslim New Year Celebration) that is commemorated on March 21 - the Spring Equinox. It is a ground, strained and filtered grass whey concoction. It is 'juiced' mixed with a yogurt base starter and then fired over a large cauldron that is fueled by a fire. The process of cooking, cooling & stirring takes about 12 hours and is traditionally started on the marking of midnight for the ceremonial preparation. Family members will take turns stirring, singing and feeding the fire. An odd notion, is that there are seven stones in the bottom of the cook cauldron - one stone for each of the long standing tribal regions of the nation.
The taste is a mix between unsweetened butterscotch and raw applesauce - the kind you get on a farm without any sugar or preservatives. It is tremendously labor intensive and only available for the Spring Holiday. The tradition is that the first taste of your serving is to be done by inserting your pinky finger into the mix. I gather this to test the temperature - because right off the fire - it will burn your mouth like nobody's business. There were a few blended smoothy vendors down town that made the mix thinner and easier to drink - but nearly all the others had the consistency of Malt-o-meal
I found it delicious - but was admonished in horror by my friends when I suggested it would make a yummy ice-cream..... Apparently, some things are not open to cross pollination.Сумолок - материнская надежда Мы в интернете - http://kabarlar.org/ Мы в twitter - https://twitter.com/KABARLAR Мы в facebook -...
- 19/03/2017Dear Miscreant Globalist F*cks
Central Asia is NOT Europe
Go Home - Stay HOME.eeas - European Commissioneeas.europa.eu European Union External...
- 15/03/2017When travelling about the Stans - invariably you will have to take care of Business. This is the 'modern' toilet in the region, as it flushes. Liberals, Progressives and SJWs should rejoice, it is gender nuetral. Just shut your yap, drop your shorts (or what have you) squat over the hole and fire away. Remember the local tradition is to wipe with your bare left hand .....but if you are a frilly westerner & brought your own TP - be advised it goes in the basket next to the toilet and not down the drain.
- 09/03/2017KURMANJAN was born in 1811 outside present-day Osh, Kyrgyzstan. During her 97 years of life, she united Kyrgyz tribes against Chinese, Russian and other Central Asian powers, commanded an army and negotiated the continued integrity of her nation. She became the first female leader to be recognized by the Tsar of Russia, the Emir of Bukhara and the Khan of Kokand. Since independence in 1991 and the bicentennial of her birth in 2011, she is remembered not only as a datka (righteous governor) but also as Queen of the Alai, Queen of the South and, most of all, ulut enesi—mother—of the Kyrgyz nation.Official Trailer Kurmanjan Datka Queen of the Mountains (ORIGINAL) Kurmanjan Datka Queen of the Mountains is a historical epic from Kyrgyzstan, set in the 19th century, which tells the true story of Kurmanjan Datka, a...
- Its the same f*cking recipe
Well telegraphed ..... and with the same idiocy planned
Somebody needs a few Hawaiian ShirtsU.S. mentors travel to Kyrgyzstan for TechWomen Delegation Programwww.kabar.kg
- Protests, Detentions, Arrests and Dead
Just as predicted - the Spring meeting of Putin with local Anti - US Kyrgyz government Prime Minister has been met with Western led Color Revolutionary Bullshit.Russian President Vladimir Putin arrives in Bishkekwww.kabar.kg
- The little nameless war that the Globalists / CIA / America have been funding and spooling up on the border has come to the capital city.
Right on time. Just as f*cking predicted.
Time to play ball.Protests erupt after Kyrgyzstan arrests opposition leaderwapo.st Hundreds of people protested Sunday in Kyrgyzstan after authorities detained a prominent opposition leader on fraud and corruption charges that his supporters say are politically...
- The nomadic tent not only dots the hillside and is the central hub to the still existing rural culture - it can even play a integral part to your table top as a souvenir or a dishwarmer - yes - the little yurt will keep pies and meat dishes warm for a very long time past it leaving the oven.
- Samsi (CAMCbi) Are a local 'fast-food' meat pastry that is available at nearly every quicki mart in the city. They are a 'hot-pocket' that is tandoor fired treat that is filled with ground meat, onions and often garlic. The meat is most often mutton - but chicken, beef and yes - horse will appear. The only think that will never appear - is pork, it is after all a Muslim Country and Pork is completely rare.
When they are hot - the oil and juice is nearly scalding - it is best to let them cool for a bit.
I like to buy them, put them in the fridge.... and make a slice to slide in eggs, mushroom and cheese cubes.... and then the microwave does it work.
Bring your fat bryki - they are not low-call in any sense of the word, especially after I am done with my version.
- Plov (Плов) is a season rice dish out of Uzbekistan for origin - but it is a favorite across the entire region. There have been over 200 different documented recipes of this staple. The rice is slow cooked in a seasoned broth over a long fire embers. Vegetables of Carrots, Garlic, and Onions are always on hand - the meat is often mutton during the spring and fall seasons .... but beef and horse will appear as well. My favorite rendition includes raisins, leafy bokchoy and seared potatoes added at the very end as garnish.
- Maksym Shoro ( Максым Шоро ) is a malted grain drink that is served on the corner when the weather is nice. The drink is sold by the cup or the bottle - when taken in the bottle - it is carbonated. You can also buy it in stores as well.
Though it is a grain / barley / malt mix - it tastes like carbonated peanuts. It is like drinking a fizzy peanut butter sammich.... but with a twist. About hour after drinking it - you will NEED a toilet. And you will experience I have dubbed Maxim Skorost - (Максым Шkороctb) - which if you know a bit of Russian - it means Extreme Speed .... a play on words to the brand - a havoc on your intestines.
on the upside - you will not need an enema in this region - ever.
- Ashlam-Fu (ашлямфу) is a cold noodle dish - served with a heavy spicy pepper dollop on the side of the bowl. The noodles are of a bean curd and starch variant instead of the doughy pasta variants that you may be mostly used to. Though the broth is cold - it is 'hot' with spices - usually a garlic, chive and hot chili making the dish 'sizzle'. Which veges appear depends on who is cooking and what their mood or cupboard has in store at the moment. But spiced cucumbers are often the center piece. Thick slices of onions are also my favorite. The best version I have had so far was when a batter of egg and KYMbiC was whisked together - fried in a thin sheet and then cut into strands about as thick as the noodles. It was simply amazing to watch the preparation - I will have to make in my own kitchen soon.
Comments24/02/2017 #5 Brian McKenzie#4 @Bill Stankiewicz, 🐝 Brand Ambassador Thanks for all the shares! All the weight I lost in the War Zone of Ukraine - I have put right back on in the Bishkek suburbs - it is very rude to refuse food here - and every visit will be eating; without exception. I can't wait for the snow to disappear so I can get back to walking everyday again (there is no snow removal here - and side walks are definitely 'seasonal')24/02/2017 #4 Bill Stankiewicz, 🐝 Brand AmbassadorCOOL HEALTHY BUZZ HERE: WOW another great dish here by Brian McKenzie!!!! I must of gained 9 pounds after joining beBee.com because of all these great recipes!! LOVE IT, now have to start reading more exercise beBee Hives :)
MAMA MIA YUMMM: " The noodles are of a bean curd and starch variant instead of the doughy pasta variants that you may be mostly used to. Though the broth is cold - it is 'hot' with spices - usually a garlic, chive and hot chili making the dish 'sizzle'"24/02/2017 #3 Bill Stankiewicz, 🐝 Brand AmbassadorWOW: WOW another great dish here by Brian McKenzie!!!! I must of gained 9 pounds after joining beBee.com because of all these great recipes!! LOVE IT, now have to start reading more exercise beBee Hives :)
MAMA MIA YUMMM: " The noodles are of a bean curd and starch variant instead of the doughy pasta variants that you may be mostly used to. Though the broth is cold - it is 'hot' with spices - usually a garlic, chive and hot chili making the dish 'sizzle'"24/02/2017 #2 Bill Stankiewicz, 🐝 Brand AmbassadorWOW another great dish here by Brian McKenzie!!!! I must of gained 9 pounds after joining beBee.com because of all these great recipes!! LOVE IT, now have to start reading more exercise beBee Hives :)
MAMA MIA YUMMM: " The noodles are of a bean curd and starch variant instead of the doughy pasta variants that you may be mostly used to. Though the broth is cold - it is 'hot' with spices - usually a garlic, chive and hot chili making the dish 'sizzle'"24/02/2017 #1 Bill Stankiewicz, 🐝 Brand AmbassadorWOW another great dish here by @Brian McKenzie!!!! I must of gained 9 pounds after joining beBee.com because of all these great recipes!! LOVE IT, now have to start reading more exercise beBee Hives :)
MAMA MIA YUMMM: " The noodles are of a bean curd and starch variant instead of the doughy pasta variants that you may be mostly used to. Though the broth is cold - it is 'hot' with spices - usually a garlic, chive and hot chili making the dish 'sizzle'"
- More from Ayana -
Көрүшкөндө көздөр тике карабай,
Эки мүнөз уяң өскөн баладай.
Жүрөк сырын жүзүбүздөн байкашып,
Баратабыз гүлдүү бакты аралай.
Биз ал күнү таанышканбыз жаңыдан,
Жарым карыш чыккым келбейт жаныңдан.
“Аппагыңды көрүп алчы” дегенсип,
Аңгыча эле жарк дей түштү чагылган.
Жарк дегенде неге сени карадым?
Жүрөк булкуп жайнап турду жамалың.
Дагы, дагы жарк дей түшсө экен деп,
Ошондо мен чагылганды самадым.
Басылганча туралы деп кичине,
Баш катабыз бир күрмөнүн ичине.
Ошол түндү дал ошентип өткөрдүк,
Неге мынча сүйүү кызык кишиге?АЯНА КАСЫМОВА ЧАГЫЛГАН ЖАНЫ ЫР YOUtube ► http://bit.ly/1JfKgPA http://www.youtube.com/user/superinfo... МЫ в VK ► https://vk.com/superkg INSTA ► https://instagram.com/SUPER.KG/...
- Ayana Kasymova in Kyrgyzs:
Сакта деп өзүң берген жалгыз сүрөт,
Сакталуу ошол бойдон менде жүрөт.
Тиктешиң тамашалап турган өңдүү,
Неге сен, неге сен,
Неге сен түштүң экен күлүмсүрөп.
Күлкүңө шектүү карап күткөн жүрөк,
Сезимге бир башкача ой түшүрөт.
Өкүнөм сен кайрылбай кеткениңе,
Калбай деп, калбай деп,
Калбай деп эч болбосо беттен бир өөп.
Өппөдүм мен өппөйүн, өкүнүч көп,
Мени алдап түшүмө окшоп кеттиң жөнөп.
Байкатпай мурдагыдай жүргөндүрсүң,
Башкалардын жүрөгүнө башың жөлөп.
Эгерде бирөө болсо менден бөлөк,
Же тытып сүрөтүңдү же өрттөмөк.
Мен тытпайм, күнөө сенде сүрөттө эмес,
Сүрөтүң, сүрөтүң, сүрөтүң
Жүрө берсин күлүмсүрөп.Аяна Касымова - Сүрөтүңө INSTAGRAM http://instagram.com/aitiev_95 скачать музыку http://tumar.fm/music/4995-srt.html Текст песни: Аяна Касымова - Суротуно Сакта деп өзүң берген...