- 25/07/2017In the Kitchen with Boria
ShChi is normally a vegetarian affair.... ham and beef have been known to show up when I get in the kitchen.
1 lb sliced mushrooms - I like to use shitake ; yes I know sorrels are standard - but it is my kitchen.
1 lb spinach leaves - just buy the salad bag - in Korea I could not get them fresh any other way
2 onions, chopped - I like the small red ones - more flavor
1 carrot, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
2 potatoes peeled - sliced like in the borscht recipe
1 tb fresh Dill, chopped
1/2 cup cream
1/2 head cabbage
Add all to the pot, fill with 3 cups water - bachelor Hack Trick - Add two tablespoons of canned mushroom soup to the water - it thickens the pot nicely
Cook on low for 2 hours - 1 /2 an hour before serving - add the fried cabbage.
Serve with Sour Cream - Friends and Vodka !
- Producer25/07/2017Summer PlovToday's menu creation is Plov, the traditional Central Asia peasant rice dish. The meal is said to originate from Uzbekistan – but there are many regional variations on the theme, and nearly 100 different versions have been printed and celebrated....
Comments26/07/2017 #6 Dean OwenSo often peasant food is the best. This is the second time I've read someone saying soak the rice. Is the rice different over there? I never soak rice. Japanese and Chinese short grain rice I wash thoroughly. When I cook a risotto I never soak or wash Arborio rice. Likewise for Thai rice and Basmati.25/07/2017 #3 Pedro 🐝 CasanovaOh...but the original Paella has not seafood...it has chicken...chorizo ( sausage ) and even rabbit meat. plus vegetables and of course the rice. Well in fact they are multiple variations of Paellas.. And believe me. That recipe could pass as a rice dish (paella ) any given Sunday.25/07/2017 #2 Brian McKenzie#1 ha ha ha - they don't do seafood here. Which is really odd - the rivers and lakes are full of amazing yummy fish. But shell fish are absolutely absent. Though the rumor is that the Chinese will be bringing crawdads with them when the Belt Road is the zone..... I can't wait.
- 16/07/2017Street beat Bishkek
The Red Dragon Kiosk. It is the size of my dining room table. My arms stretched from tip to tip.....it is TINY. But big flavor and small prices. Fried Rice (with Pork!), wontons, Chicken spiced beans with noodles and egg roll - 300 som. .....about 4.15 USD OMG Get my fat bryki!
- 16/07/2017Street life Kiosk
Beer to go. Cold and fresh taped kegs of local home brew. Everything from 2.3% Квас to a 9.5% Імперия offffffda. Oktoberfest everyday, all summer long.
- 23/06/2017Nadira was right - beware of where Asia meets Russia & India
yoooosthАЙДАНА ДЕКА - "БИЙЛЕ - БИЙЛЕ" ЭКСКЛЮЗИВ! "МУЗЫКА" телеканалында жаңы кыргызча...
- 23/06/2017Life in the zone Rocks - especially on weekendsАсель Кадырбекова Башканы жаным дебе ЭКСКЛЮЗИВ 2016!!! Asel Kadyrbekova Bashkany janym debe YOUtube ► http://bit.ly/1JfKgPA http://www.youtube.com/user/superinfokg?sub_confirmation=1 МЫ в VK ►...
- What cooks in hours
With spices sweet & sour
Over a fire on a hill
With flavors that kill
You gonna love some Plov
Come and get your Plov
Alone or with friends
Just dont Pretend!
You gotta have more Plov
- Fast & Furious Bishkek
The Lada side of the grudge match across town
A classic from when the Soviets stole and copied from Fiat
- Amazon Kyrgyz Style
Books are for sale on every major corner during the summer - price reductions for students to keep them smart in the vacation season.
- Producer25/05/2017Preparations for RamadanAha...it’s all Ramadan rush! Walk in into any hyper store or supermarket and one can see the visible crowd of customers—all hastily wading, surveying promo offers and picking up groceries at discounted rates and special deals.It’s like a shopping...
- Producer02/05/2017The Wheels on the Bus....This is a Ukrainian marshytka - it is a little shuttle bus for getting around town. They are privately owned and run at higher frequency intervals than the City Buses. A ride across town will set you back 4 ua - which is about 15 cents - a pretty...
- Producer28/04/2017ASTANA - Futuristic city for the 22nd centuryOne of the largest international expos of the decade is coming to the capital of Kazakhstan. EXPO 2017 is a recognized expo, also referred to as an international specialized expo, and is part of the World’s Fair system. Recognized expos are smaller...
Comments29/04/2017 #3 Lada 🏡 PrkicAstana je grad sam po sebi čudo, koji je izgrađen vizijom jednog čovjeka i uz pomoć najpoznatijih svjetskih arhitekata. Nigdje nema toliko čudnih struktura na jednom mjestu. Sajamski grad će samo upotpuniti sliku Astane po tom pitanju.
Uvijek mi je drago pročitati tvoje članke u Građevinaru, Anđela. :-)
- 06/04/2017"Yellow Snow" it is supposed to be the last snow of the year
Of course in the west, it means that a dog relieved itself in a drift or field