- Producer28/03/2017The CuratorBoasting only a peripheral curiosity, I graciously accepted an invitation to a pop up exhibition at the Shanghai World Financial Center. I was thinking about dinner anyway and it had been a while since I had those juicy crabmeat soup dumplings at...
Comments29/03/2017 #11 Dean Owen#6 I am quite surprised at the views and almost carefree attitude of the current Dalai Lama. In this recent interview with John Oliver he says "if I become the last Dalai Lama, I feel very happy"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLY45o6rHm0 View more#6 I am quite surprised at the views and almost carefree attitude of the current Dalai Lama. In this recent interview with John Oliver he says "if I become the last Dalai Lama, I feel very happy"
Obviously during the Cultural Revolution, many artefacts of this nature were destroyed. China has changed a lot since then. I trust many issues will be resolved in the near future. Close29/03/2017 #10 Dean Owen#5 These were painted on commission from a lama or monastery by Buddhist monks and depict many of the deities and icons of Vajrayana Buddhism. "The small painting would be placed in an offering bowl with wheat or rice in it, or else put on a korma, a special sculptural offering made of roasted barley flour and butter, the shape differing with each deity" (Treasures of Tibetan Art)28/03/2017 #8 Aaron SkogenGood Karma indeed! Interesting little pieces of history you hold @Dean Owen. I'm curious as to the symbolism or folk tales behind each.
I remember spending some time with one local during my time in Japan who was a storyteller of old folk tales. He loved telling telling Yamata no Orochi legends. He had similar small artwork (on parchment) that depicted the stories.
Cool stuff!28/03/2017 #6 CityVP 🐝 ManjitYou of course realize that you are holding artifacts that will themselves considerably change in significance when history coincides with a potential epochal moment in Tibetan culture :
- 21/02/2017Really cool, Pranav (in India) sent appreciation gifts after he won StringQuest's "Make the Case" for Music Education contest's grand prize - a great Tonareli case with a violin in the case too! View all contest winners here: www.stringquest.com/make-the-case-contest-winners
- 22/01/2017Hi everyone! I'd love to start a conversation about everyone's favorite medium!
My favorite medium besides digital is Gouache. I ADORE how versatile it is. Artists like Mary Blair and Walt Peregoy made wonderful use of the colors while artists like Eyvind Earle and Gustav Tengren were able to utilize it for detail. I've attached an older Plein air study I did. What mediums do you like and why?
Comments23/01/2017 #1 Paul Robin McNultyHi Kristen with my style of art where I am adding more than just the acrylic paint to the canvas I would be totally lost without impasto I can mix paint with it or just paint over and it of course is a great glue as well as a top way to get texture cheers Paul.
- Producer14/01/2017Valencia Exhibitions: January 2017 Round-upOver the Christmas and New Year period I visited my home town of Valencia, in Eastern Spain. The city has a vibrant (if undermarketed) visual arts scene which is becoming more and more popular with visitors and locals alike. As I tend to do when...
- 03/01/2017Since Arthur may be a Cane Corso, I wanted to refamiliarize myself with what makes a Cane Corso unique and sketch some.
- 02/01/2017I really like paintings at this stage, when you can see certain parts developing whilst others remain incomplete. I’m a little bored so I decided why not do a Sargeant master copy? And thus….I'm working on this. (( This is my digital study of John Singer Sargent's Original Oil Painting Masterpiece))
- Producer01/01/2017Defining Success and it's PursuitI'm new to Bebee. (If it's not obvious enough from my complete lack of understanding of the website.) Sure, I can navigate the interface and yes I know how to post--but I don't know how to use the website to its full potential. The same can be said...
Comments12/01/2017 #10 🐝 Fatima G. WilliamsGreat artwork @Kristen Maslanka The resolution is to keep learning . I love that and that's my motto as well. This sketch reminds me of the days in school when I used to get thrown out of class for sketching cartoons and after class my Teacher would put up my sketches on the notice board. Lesson was" Do what you love but not in my class ".😀🐝😀 Haven't tried a sketch in years. You inspire me :)12/01/2017 #8 Devesh 🐝 BhattNice, when we talk about Animal Anatomy, Americans are familiar with African wildlife, but not much about the Asian cousins.
Think Asia and they draw Pandas and Tigers, the rest still looks very African :)
An artist once told me that the African ones are so much beautiful, whether Elephants, Rhinos or Lions.
Still, I wait for a production where the Asian versions appear :)12/01/2017 #6 Wayne YoshidaWelcome @Kristen Maslanka! I think you will like it here. It is so different, I tell people there's nothing to compare beBee to - you have to try it out.
Meanwhile, here's a post about learning for you:
https://www.bebee.com/producer/@wayne-yoshida/staying-relevant-by-staying-curious View moreWelcome @Kristen Maslanka! I think you will like it here. It is so different, I tell people there's nothing to compare beBee to - you have to try it out.
Meanwhile, here's a post about learning for you:
I think this sounds like you! Close
- 26/08/2016A new Christian, 2012, after my boy passed I am standing in His spot in church, with His Bible (first time in His church) asking GOD,,
what now? after a comment was made, before the written Word was available to the people,,, art opened their eyes to GOD, Chills up and down came over me, "YOU WILL GUIDE THE LOST THROUGH ART '#76 THE LOOK OF GOD" Was a flood of emotion becoming a Christian Painter, 235 paintings ago,GOD bless you all, more to come
- Producer08/07/2016Abundance is a Feeling Abundance flows when I allow my heart to open wide wide and feel the love, that is within. ~ SuzieCLICK TO TWEET Abundance is a feeling, we are surrounded by abundance every day, sometimes we don’t see the small things that do create abundance.If...
- Producer14/06/2016PRODIGYFIRESTARTER - (THE FAT OF THE LAND/1997) I'm the trouble starter, punking instigator.I'm the fear addicted, danger illustrated.I'm a firestarter, twisted firestarter,you're the firestarter, twisted firestarter.I'm the bitch you hated, filth...