- Producer03/08/2017Cheers to Canucks!Out of interest and curiosity today I looked up Bees in Canada far away Was I astounded to find and see A nation so active here on BeBee To all Canucks, please take my post As a thanks and to you a toast! Jim Murray is a...
Comments03/08/2017 #14 Kevin Pashuk#13 Thanks Sara for spreading the word. Apparently if I win, I get a trip to the far northern regions of this great country. Canada has a lot to offer, and you are all welcome to visit. Call ahead, and we'll tell you how many layers of flannel you will need to wear to stay warm. (Kidding... it's over 30 deg C here right now, but that will change in 90 days.)03/08/2017 #13 Sara Jacobovici@Gert Scholtz, let's see a big Canadian/South African support to our fellow bee @Kevin Pashuk. Kevin has entered a photo contest to win a grand Canadian adventure. Please check out this page and vote for his shot of the BC Interior Mountains at Sunrise. (Look for the orange sky...)
For a wider beBee appeal, I tag @Javier 🐝 beBee.03/08/2017 #11 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand AmbassadorAwwww! @Gert Scholtzdit is 'n goeie Donderdag. Motivering vir "Hier is dit Kanada!". Skuilplek van alle verdrukte en weerloos, waar almal 'n kans bied om voorspoedig te wees en in vrede te vertrek. Die tuiste van ontelbare pogings en innovasies om die planeet te red van die groediest-belange waar hulle op die planeet staan. Cc@Javier 🐝 beBee03/08/2017 #10 Randall BurnsAwww @Gert Scholtz you warm my heart
Compared to others you are set apart
You're "busting a rhyme"
Can you pantomime?
Verse so friendly and cheerful
There really is no reason to be fearful
Thanks for the sentiment
You've made quite a statement
I'm sure that all of us here
From Moose Jaw to Red Deer
(and everywhere else)
Reciprocate your gesture
Even the Court Jester
We all do pray
That you have a great day
EH!03/08/2017 #8 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand AmbassadorAwwww! @Gert Scholtz that is a good Thursday. Motivation for "Here it is Canada!". Shelter of all the oppressed and defenseless, where everyone stands a chance to prosper and leave in peace. Home of countless efforts and innovations to save the planet from the greediest interests wherever they stand on the planet.03/08/2017 #7 Charlene Normanah gee @Gert Scholtz I just got back from a meeting with Jim Murray to your delightful prose. (During which, upon other things, I was shocked -- in a good way-- to see how much of a doyen the Murboy really is here on beBEE.) Thank you for so beautifully displaying all the Canuck charms. I am proud of the very fine folk in my country. As I am positive, you are of your fine country. Cheers and have a great day, eh?03/08/2017 #3 Kevin PashukWhat a great poem, eh? Gert? I'll have to pick up a two-four and some poutine and read it again by the lights of the Aurora Borealis.
My better half and I land in your part of the world at the end of September. We are doing the photo safari tour (Kruger), then a week in Cape Town. Our time in Johannesburg is unfortunately short.
- 26/07/2017Great location to visit: St. John's, a city on Newfoundland island off Canada's Atlantic coast, is the capital of Newfoundland and Labrador province. Its harbor was settled by the British in the 1600s. Downtown is known for its colorful row houses
- 20/07/2017@Javier 🐝 beBee Take that! LOL
- 18/07/2017My pet peeve is that many Canadians say it wrong. How embarrassing! @Graham🐝 EdwardsHow to pronounce 'Newfoundland' There’s no need to murder people over their pronunciation of Canada’s 10th province. Because it turns out there’s several ways to do...
- 13/07/2017Top Data Science and Analytics Programs in Canada | Best Big Data Analytics Courses in Canada | Stoodntwww.stoodnt.com Top Data Science and Analytics Programs in Canada | Best Big Data Analytics Courses in...
- 01/07/2017Best wishes to my spiritual homeland on its 150th birthday. Canada remains a beacon of goodwill and social conscience for the world to see and hopefully emulate.
Comments01/07/2017 #10 Phil Friedman#5 For the record, Kevin, I lived and worked for some 15 years in Canada, am married to a Canadian, and my daughters are dual U.S./Canadian citizens. The years I spent in Canada were at a time when the U.S. was pursuing a reckless and futile course of military adventurism in southeast Asia that was not worth a single drop of U.S. blood, nor that of anyone else. And some of us went into voluntary self-exile in protest against the forces driving that folly. Despite the international political pressures at the time, Canada welcomed us exiles, and willingly gave us a place to live, work, and flourish. For that I will always be grateful and carry a deep and abiding affection for what I call my spiritual homeland.
- 01/07/2017Happy 150th Birthday to Canada and thanks to all the amazing Canadians bees who keep on buzzing, spreading honey and cross-channel pollinating -- like ambassadors @Jim Murray @Anne 🐝 Thornley-Brown, MBA @CityVP 🐝 Manjit @Don 🐝 Kerr @Donald 🐝 Grandy...Say hello to Canada's two newest astronauts!www.theweathernetwork.com The Canadian Space Agency has announced our nation's two newest astronauts - Joshua Kutryk and Jennifer Sidey - who will soon join David St. Jacques and Jeremy Hansen as our future representatives in...
- 01/07/2017Happy 150th Canada Day to our friends in the north!!canada.comwww.canada.com Canada's great, shareable...
- 01/07/2017Know The Record Retention Requirements for Businesses in Canadawww.dataentryindiabpo.com If you intend to start a business in Canada, you need to know the record retention requirements that are essential for the...
- 26/06/2017Canada-European Union: Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA)Canada-European Union: Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA)www.international.gc.ca The Canada-European Union (EU) Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) is a progressive trade agreement that upholds and promotes the values that Canada shares with the...
- 24/06/2017Somewhere in Manitoba...
One day a wife tells her husband:
"Joe, you could do something useful, like vacuum the house once a week.”
Joe gives it a moment's thought and says: "Sure! Why not? Where's the vacuum?" Half an hour later, Joe comes into the kitchen to get some coffee.
His wife says, "I didn't hear the vacuum running. I thought you were going to do the vacuuming?"
Exasperated, Joe answers, "The stupid thing is broken; it won't start. We need to buy a new one."
she says, "Show me -- it worked fine the last time."
So he shows her. (Grandpa tries to start vacuum cleaner Δημιούργησα αυτό το βίντεο με το Πρόγραμμα επεξεργασίας βίντεο του YouTube...
- Producer15/06/2017My Country Is 150 Years Old This SummerMy country is called Canada.It bills itself as “The True North Strong & Free’ and that’s the way I have always seen it.I’ve seen summers here that can scorch the skin right off your face. I’ve seen winters cold enough to freeze a naked body...
Comments16/06/2017 #7 David B. GrinbergNice buzz, Jim. Canada is looking better each day from my humble perch as an American idealist for effective government, civil discourse and non-violence. Please save that "crawl space" in your new home for my wife and I -- just in case things really go south, so we can go north!15/06/2017 #5 Peter AltschulerIt will always be Canadia to me, @Jim Murray. Otherwise, you'd all be Canadans. (Of course, we in the south, should be United Statesians, not Americans: America encompasses both North and South America and all the nations in them. So folks in Belize and Bolivia are, technically, American, too.)
Enjoy your sesquicentennial celebration, Jim, assuming you'll have one. You can have a parade with Canadia's national car, the Chevrol, eh?, pulling floats that expand from Swan to say Saskatchewan and have, as the Grand Marshall, the Lone Ranger's sidekick, Toronto. Then you can top it all off with the national cheer: "C" eh? "N" eh? "D" eh? And take solace in that fact that, despite using loonies as money, you have true dough.15/06/2017 #2 CityVP 🐝 ManjitThere are times when I am in my home and the media we play and the things we access online leave me feeling like I have not moved from London, England. If I go across the street I enter Beijing, if I veer to the right, I enter Warsaw, Poland, and to the left of that house I enter Cairo, Egypt. That is the nature of the city I live in, but it is not representative of the wider nature of Canada.
I wish the folks that live in the urban areas I do would have a wider appreciation of Canada, but that is the nature of Toronto - a city that is microcosm of the world where people speak have a myriad of languages https://elalliance.com/toronto-languages/ While there is diversity within diversity in Toronto, the character of the country has its own diverse spectrum. I would rather had my family settle in Calgary than where it was agreed by majority we would settle. British Columbia would have been a great fit also being that in some parts it is no different to the British weather I grew up with.
This buzz speaks to all the other things that I could mention and it is representative of the way that I generally view Canada. England is no longer the country I spent the first 30 years of my life and I can sympathize with the young who tried to vote in Corbyn, as well as the older folk who wanted "to take their country back" - but that is what has poisoned the atmosphere there and in the United States.
The young are not blind in viewing leaders like Corbyn and Bernie Sanders as highly intelligent thinkers but the older generation and the less educated have become cynical and want to return to a time that has now gone. At least Canada has so far been spared this crazy schism. At the end of the day, even if I personally wanted to live in the West Coast, my family made the best decision possible to choosing this country for our kids to grow up in and to develop some semblance of a meaningful future.15/06/2017 #1 Sara JacoboviciSpoken like a true ("North Strong & Free") Canuck, @Jim Murray. Nice read. I can't help but think of the time between the Centennial (listening to this as I write https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj4LZB5oarA) and the 50 years to now. Wishing Canada many generations ahead of peace and prosperity!
- 09/06/2017I remember the huge controversy this story sparked in the 1980s. It seems somewhat ridiculous now considering how diverse our population is. Why wouldn't our police force want to blend in with the people they serve and protect?The turban that rocked the RCMP: How Baltej Singh Dhillon challenged the RCMP — and won | CBC Canada 2017www.cbc.ca When Dhillon applies to join the RCMP in 1988, the dress code forbids beards and wearing a turban in place of the uniform...
- For the fourth time in its history, Canada is looking for exceptional people ready to push the boundaries of science, innovation and space exploration.
3772 Canadians responded to the call. Following preliminary tests and evaluations, 17 candidates have been selected to go to the next stage. In this video, part one of a three-part episode, six of the seventeen candidates share what led them to pursue their dream of becoming one of the next Canadian astronauts. Parts two and three will feature the remaining 11 candidates.Astronauts wanted – Episode 4, Part 1: My Dream 2017-06-02 - For the fourth time in its history, Canada is looking for exceptional people ready to push the boundaries of science, innovation and space...
- 28/05/2017@Renée 🐝 Cormier And they played all 4 verses every time !Canadian national anthem "O Canada"—All four verses! http://www.heartscenter.org God bless Canada! God bless Canadians! Sing all four verses of Canada’s national anthem and appreciate your good fortune to live...
Comments28/05/2017 #1 Louise SmithSince Expo 1988 in Brisbane Aus I can remember the melody of the Canadian National Anthem. I loved the Canadian pavilion and went there many times!
In 1989, I went to Canada and was not disappointed
- friendly people
- beautiful country
- a lake named after me
Happy Anniversary ! AND 150 MORE !!!
- 24/05/2017We have tech and you have Trump.
Fear us, America! :)Canada is North America’s up-and-coming startup centertechcrunch.com They say that nice guys finish last -- and Canada, with its reputation for polite citizenry and its charming prime minister, is used to being...
- 11/05/2017This is a post I wrote almost a year ago. Hopefully it will be a reminder to everybody who believes the world is on its way to hell that there are still some places where it's not. It one of my favourite posts because it's about something I love...my country and the people in it...all of them.I Am One Lucky Bastardwww.bebee.com I live in a country called Canada. To me, it's the best country going. We have our ups and downs, but the people here are basically pretty damn...
- 11/05/2017#TBT to when seemingly an entire community came together to build a 10 bed residential hospice in Essex County for our friends, family, and neighbors. Bringing compassionate care close to home for our most vulnerable will go down as one of my most memorable accomplishments in my young career.
- 06/05/2017https://www.bebee.com/producer/@randall-burns/a-little-cornstarch-between-the-legs-helps-cure-the-wolf“A little cornstarch between the legs helps cure 'The Wolf'...”www.bebee.com “The Wolf”, “Cook’s Crack”, “Chef’s Cheeks” is an affliction that cooks get from time to time due to the long hours of standing on their feet,...
- 13/04/2017What's more Canadian than a beaver at the Tim Horton's Drive Through? Not much, eh, @Jim Murray @Kevin Pashuk @Graham🐝 Edwards @Paul "Pablo" Croubalian @Paul Kearley🐝 @Javier 🐝 beBee
- Producer07/04/2017This is why I really, really like beBee...Simply put... it is the fascinating people you get to meet.Today I met Renée 🐝 Cormier and Kevin Pashuk for coffee (I actually had diet coke but this isn't about my slight addiction). I have known Renee for a while now and we meet regularly, but...
Comments08/05/2017 #58 Sara JacoboviciSorry I missed this when it was first posted @Graham🐝 Edwards. I love it! Everything about it; your style/narrative/story, the message you're communicating, your sense of appreciation, and more.....I could identify with what you wrote and am encouraged to see you present the human side of today's high tech world.