- 11/09/2016Sunday is Run Day! Great lululemon run - Now I'm ready for some NFL!!! Go Patriots!Michael Dowling on Twittertwitter.com “#lululemon #sweatlife #sweateveryday #runclub #im703miami @ lululemon athletica Western Chicago…...
- 04/09/2016Good way to start the day! #lululemon #7miler #runclub #sweatlife lululemon athletica Western Chicago Suburbs
- 28/08/2016One of the reasons I love triathlon is that there is no guarantee of a perfect event...something always happens - could be rain, heat, cold, mechanical, illness, fitness...accidents! You never know...but you HOPE you are ready to handle whatever comes at you...and there is always the possibility of perfect! Today was a rough one for me - lungful of water...a bit of panic...and too long in the water thrashing about. But I didn't quit...made it to the bike (spare wheels because aero wheels flatted the night before!) - handled...and then the run - wicked heat, 90% humidity...so I adjusted. Handled. Resulted in my WORST International time EVER...but I learned a ton about what I need to work on before #IM703Mimami. Jill had a GREAT day...and so that is worth a toast and encouragement for a next great event! Always improving!
- 27/08/2016#chicagotri is happening Sunday! Packet Pickup! Trying to rest...can't! We'll be in the water at 7:03 AM Sunday!
- 23/08/2016#havebikewillride - Quick 26 Miler! Chicago Triathlon this weekend...pushing the legs today...resting up a LITTLE during this week. Still training for ironmanmiami.com, but #chicagotri is going to be FUN!Michael Dowling on Twittertwitter.com “#chicagotri this weekend! So what if there is a cross wind - ride anyway! #havebikewillride @chicagotri https://t.co/bO8hBP6Xt2...
- 21/08/2016Ok! #lululemon run club - 7 miler DONE! A few couldn't make it today - so we ran with EXTRA smiles and handed out gift cards to a few folks training for the Chicago marathon - who DOESN'T want a free shirt from lululemon?! Jill and I are doing he Chicago Tri next week! Lots of pics expected - mostly of the free beer tent at the finish...Make it a great day today! Bee Fit!
- 13/08/2016You can learn a lot about someone when you ride 43 miles together...#sweatlife #pinkbikesrule #irongirl #IM703Miami #thewifeMichael Dowling on Twittertwitter.com “It's a good day when you ride together. #sweatlife #pinkbike #burningcalories #IM703Miami...
- 10/08/2016This training is starting to get painful. Second "Buzz" in a month. Not quite a beBEE...But I see stripes...and I am taking this as a sign! I don't mind a Sting or two - gotta spread the word! Went for a 25.5 mile Ride. https://www.strava.com/activities/671288417?utm_content=16183673&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=twitter #strava
- Producer09/08/2016A Busy Guy's Guide to Ironman 70.3 in 12 WeeksAWESOME! I am assuming you are reading this because you are committing to Ironman 70.3. This is big news…appreciate the size of this decision! If you are reading this before you have actually signed up for the race – please stop reading...open a...
- 07/08/2016What you do when you miss your OWN Sunday run club? "Suffer in Solitude"! Just getting it done! #lululemon #sweatlife #ironman703Miami #olympic effort!
Comments08/08/2016 #6 Lisa Gallagher#4 That's great to know about the river @Michael Dowling! Wind, I think he is used to because he's also training for Xterra right now too in Colorado. How exciting about Miami, sounds like it's going to be a great race. Hang on to that motivation, I know you will!!!08/08/2016 #4 Michael Dowling#3 @Lisa Gallagher - Jillie and I did Georgia in 2014...it a great race and your son will LOVE the river swim. It'll be his fastest swim time. It's a fast course but the bike can be hell if there is wind. IM703Miami is Oct 23! We have the Chicago Tri (biggest in the world) on August 28)...it's a great event with HUGE numbers of participants. Yep...lots of motivation!
- 30/07/2016Back from the near-dead! Fought a wicked flu since Tuesday...and it feels great to be sweating because I WANTED to for a change! Nice to reconnect with Jilly! https://www.strava.com/activities/658829216/shareable_images/map_based?hl=en-US&v=1469906094
- 25/07/2016For anyone interested in training for their first Sprint Triathlon - or looking to get back into it. Good Foundation Plan
- 24/07/2016Sunday is RUN DAY at #lululemon run club! New trail run in Elmhurst, IL on Prairie Path! Who cares about HEAT?!!...we run with the sun! #IronmanMiami703 #chicagomarathon #getfit #stayfit #sweatlife #running
Comments24/07/2016 #4 John Valledor#2 Michael, I live in Chester (next to Derry), going kayaking in a few at Pawtuckaway State Park. I love the White Mountains of our State. Ran marathons, now training to run the "Reach the Beach." 24-hour, mostly downhill race, and 210 miles. Phew, forming a team of 12 to each eat the 210 mile course is a challenge, but worth the effort with a finish on the Atlantic coast. Keep leading your cool team of runners.
- 18/07/2016Running doesn't have to be solo! Get into the community! #run! Get Strava and we'll run together! As if I really need to share this video to pump you up...Run with Us Running takes us everywhere – through city streets, on muddy trails, along neighborhood loops and to places we’ve never been. We run short and go long. We...
- 17/07/2016Great #sunday #runclub!! Most of the #lululemon runners did the #ChicagoRocknRoll Half Marathon today! For the rest of the #chicagomarathon crew - we train as always! Thanks for pushing me all 7 miles, Jillie and Woz!
- 13/07/2016A little advice to help you get through Ironman (really...any triathlon) Race Day!10 Thoughts for Race Day: Ironman - SHift/ wit/shiftwit.com During your months of Ironman training you will talk to a ton of people who have raced ...and no doubt you will scare the shit out of...
- 13/07/2016We are in full Triathlon season! Here is a guide to help you pack for one!Pack For Your Triathlon: Checklist - SHift/ wit/shiftwit.com Preparing for Triathlon is HARD! But you did it…and now you need to pack for your trip. Don’t sweat it. Use this as a guide to get you organized and packed. I’ve done 3 Ironman races, 1 Ironman 70.3, and many Olympic distance races…and traveled...
- 10/07/2016Last #lululemon club run before the Chicago Half Marathon next week! Great run with the crew this AM. Ran 10! #runforthehellofit #trailrun #lovetraining #sweat
- Producer02/07/2016Training with TunesWhen it comes to long periods of training on the bike, or when I am running (any distance), I am looking for something with a beat and a story. I like to get lost in the words and surprisingly, some of the alternative sounds that come out of Alt...
- 26/06/2016Another Sunday run club in the books with these amazing people and @lululemon - 9.5Miler - #sweatfest #run #runclub #🍋#thesweatlife #doit #summer #training #miami703
- Producer21/06/2016ONLY Cardio AFTER 40 Makes You Fat - Here Is The FixDon’t I know it!Look, as someone who slogs hours at a time on the bike, and long runs a couple of times a week during Ironman training…I can tell you, not only does my muscle tone disappear (infant arms), but my belly fat appears to accumulate. If...
Comments21/06/2016 #2 Michael Dowling#1 @neal - awesome!!! The first 2 months is the key...take it 26 more days and it's a habit! On the muscle side...do what works for you...even if it is body weight...clearly you want to avoid injury. So long as it works for you...have at it! Great results and all that matters is how YOU feel!
- 12/06/2016@lululemon Running Club - 8 miler today! Capped with a 90 Sec Plank - June Plank Challenge Day 12...DONE! @beeFit