- 04/05/2017Hey Bees! Please do not send unsolicited sales pitches for #herbalife
Not only do I not support this company but, I think as many of it's past and current victims that this company should be shut down. I really do not care of Christian Ronaldo is a spokesperson and "face" of Herbalife.
"Allegations of corporate criminality and high-stakes Wall Street vendettas swirl throughout this riveting financial docu-thriller. Controversial hedge fund titan Bill Ackman is on a crusade to expose global nutritional giant Herbalife as the largest pyramid scheme in history while Herbalife execs claim Ackman is a market manipulator out to bankrupt them and make a killing off his billion dollar short.
For more than three years, Ackman, the founder of $12 billion Pershing Square Capital, has been waging war against Herbalife, a multilevel marketer that sells nutritional shakes and weight-loss products. In late December 2012, Ackman publicly declared that he was short $1 billion worth of Herbalife.
He believes that the company is operating as a "pyramid scheme" that targets poor people, particularly from minority populations. It's his contention that regulators, specifically the Federal Trade Commission, will shut the company down."
http://www.businessinsider.com/bill-ackman-betting-on-zero-movie-2016-3?op=1Filmmaker Ted Braun talks about Herbalife, Ackman, Icahn and role of documentariessecure.marketwatch.com Ted Braun, the director of the documentary “Betting on Zero” said he was drawn to the drama involving Bill Ackman, Carl Icahn and Herbalife because of the murky financial battle and surprising...
- Can I just offer some advice to the new startup owners/CEOs?
Stop with the Steve Jobs minimalist look, be yourself, already. Enough with the t-shirts a la Zuckerberg, black turtlenecks a la Steve Jobs, so on and so forth. Capitalizing on the housing crisis. Is this 'good innovation'? I hope tenants associations start to fight back. I just looked at rents in my hometown and they are up 37% since 2014. #rentberry #capitalizingonpoverty #capitalizingonhousingcrisisProperty Auction Startup Rentberry Angers Tenantswww.sanjoseinside.com Rentberry, a Silicon Valley rental auction startup, invites landlords to list a unit and then sit back as tenants outbid each other for a place to...
- No words. Have we really come to this a Nespresso-like machine to squeeze juice at a retail purchase price of $400? Can engineering and innovation use these same capitalistic business start-up models to tackle real problems like food insecurity/food security and malnutrition vs catering to people who can justify spending 8-17 USD on perishable juice packs which can be squeezed by hand just as efficiently? I see huge fails in this and the premise of providing "exclusivity' to a lifestyle which only few can afford is mind boggling. #juicero #whenstartupsgowrongSilicon Valley’s $400 Juicer May Be Feeling the Squeezewww.bloomberg.com Two investors in Juicero were surprised to learn the startup’s juice packs could be squeezed by hand without using its...
- Why doesn't traditional VC culture look to invest in Africa after all of the US and European years of exploitation and colonialism? Giving back isn't just a drop in the bucket via so-called philanthropical altruism in the guise of a Starbucks Ethiopian coffee latte, UNICEF, OXFAM or other bloated organizations. What about something by the people and for the people such as the ones below? Not too keen on the German control of at least 2-3 startups but, let's see here....The Top 10 Most Innovative Companies In Africawww.fastcompany.com African startups, nonprofits, and big businesses are tackling a range of challenges, from shopping to social...
- #ALEXANDRA BELL #MIKE BROWN #POLITICAL ART #RESIST #NYLON #counternarrative #responsiblejournalism #bias #racism #copywriting #editorsnoteThis Public Art Project Makes A Powerful Statement About "Fake News"www.nylon.com We talk with artist Alexandra...
- "was only 11 years ago that Jack Dorsey first sent a message via the experimental messaging platform that would be known as Twitter. He thought of it as a real-time status tool—a kind of smoke signal that would let your friends know where you were, what was on your mind, and whether you hiccuped. He did not imagine that one day the President of the United States would use it to mock beauty queens, misrepresent his electoral victory, and offend international allies and foes alike." #backchannel #medium #twitter #jackdorsey #onlineharassment #onlinebullyingJack Dorsey on Donald Trump – Backchannelbackchannel.com Twitter’s CEO on the president, the future of the product, and the harassment...
- In a world of alternative facts.....here is something different.
"Today he announced he’s creating a news website called WikiTribune. The site says: “We want to make sure that you read fact-based articles that have a real impact in both local and global events. And that stories can be easily verified and improved.”
WikiTribune is a “living, breathing tool that’ll present accurate information with real evidence so that you can confidently make up your own mind.”
#wikitribuneThe founder of Wikipedia is building a community-run news websitemedium.freecodecamp.com Back in 2001, Jimmy Wales co-founded Wikipedia with the mission of “empowering and engaging people around the world to collect and...
- One of the best articles, I have read about our modern society, Silicon Valley, the toxic venture capitalist culture, consumerism and the regurgitation of the same in new apps.
"the three hot trends in Silicon Valley horseshit"
nounNORTH AMERICANvulgar slang
"The purpose of these companies is to take whatever tiny sense of social responsibility businesses might still feel to give people stable jobs and destroy it, replacing whatever remains of the permanent, salaried, benefit-enjoying workforce with an army of desperate freelancers who will never go to bed feeling secure in their financial future for their entire lives. These companies are for people who think temp agencies are too coddling and well remunerative. The only service they sell is making it easier to kill minimally stable, well-compensated jobs. That’s it. They have no other function. They valorize Doers while killing workers. They siphon money from the desperate throngs back to the employers who will use them up and throw them aside like a discarded Juicero bag and, of course, to themselves and their shareholders. That’s it. That’s all they are. That’s all they do. They are the final logic of late capitalism, the engine of human creativity applied to the essential work of making life worse for regular people.
Our society is a hellish wasteland and I am dying inside."
#freddiedeboer #siliconvalley #horseshit
https://medium.com/@freddiedeboer/the-three-hot-trends-in-silicon-valley-horseshit-95cc5a85e8a4the three hot trends in Silicon Valley horseshit – Freddie deBoer – Mediummedium.com For a long time I told the same basic joke about Silicon Valley, just updating as some new walled garden network replicated...
- 21/04/2017#madrid #PP #corruption Were we really surprised? Are these people really going to be held accountable and will the fervent followers of the #PartidoPopular finally start to see the light? Where is the integrity?El PP deja sola a Aguirre y la empuja a dimitirwww.elperiodico.com La expresidenta se resiste a dar un paso atrás y llora al hablar de Ignacio...
- 20/04/2017The toxic male archetype. We see it in Silicon Valley within the ranks of prestigious companies such as Facebook, Google, Uber, etc. This month alone we have read many articles of men in the place of leadership, power or authority abusing their position and victimizing women. However, professional sports are another cesspool of issues and potential problems. The article in #derspiegel was not only alarming but, shows the darker side of FIFA and the extents this organization will do to protect their future superstars and of course investment. #realmadrid #sexualassaultDER SPIEGEL Exclusive: Cristiano Ronaldo's Secret - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Internationalwww.spiegel.de An American woman goes to the police in Las Vegas. She claims she has been raped by an athlete: global football star Cristiano Ronaldo. What really happened has never been resolved because lawyers settled the case with a payment of $375,000 by the...
- 20/04/2017I just watched this last night and I was alarmed at the levels of collusion from the WHO, CDC, FDA and even here in the EU to thwart the spread of vaping/e-cigarettes and instead keep the drug cartels aka pharmaceutical companies in business peddling their smoking cessation products. Of course from the public health arena the millions of organizations that accept R&D funds from tobacco companies, the pharmaceutical industry and of course lobbying for political power by banning e-cigarettes and vaping in order to maintain the order of the universe and keep people smoking traditional cigarettes. I watched this because I was curious about the May 20th EU ban and regulation of vaping and the spread of junk science and just bad public health prospectives from officials in positions, to tell the truth. I think you will find this to be a compelling documentary and enlighten you about the Tobacco Industry's stranglehold on the world from the macro level to the micro level. I found it quite disturbing to see the level of misinformation and the long term cost of 7 billion lives in our lifetime from inhaling traditional cigarette smoke. Enjoy!A Billion Livesabillionlives.com A billion people projected to die...you’ll be surprised who’s keeping it that...
- 04/07/2016Love him and his message. A podcast for anyone interested in fitness, wellness, entrepreneurship, art, endurance sports, etc.......Podcast | Rich Rollwww.richroll.com
Comments20/04/2017 #1 AnonymousA great podcast led by Rich Roll, vegan athlete, wellness coach and motivation and transformation expert. A very insightful podcast with very interesting interviewees and subject matter stemming from addiction, overcoming adversity and so many relatable subject matter. Enjoy!
- Producer12/04/2017The problematization of poverty: Post Development and Development Theory One response to the development impasse caused by modernization and dependency theories was "can do" neoliberalism; another involved reflection on the very purpose of development. This took shape across "alternative" approaches including...
- 02/02/2017Benjamin Franklin only had 2 years of formal education…
But he used ONE SECRET to become quite the scholar… receiving honorary degrees from Harvard, Yale, the College of William and Mary, the University of St. Andrews and Oxford.
During today’s Daily Shortcut you’re going learn the secret -- and get an inside look at what huge success looks like -- so you can fuel your business growth and success.
== Tune in right now, hereThe Power of Learningwww.empowernetwork.com The Power of...
- 31/10/2016@Deb 🐝 Helfrich @Javier 🐝 beBee Do any of you know this stalker driving me to @Milos Djukic and @Ali Anani, Brand Ambassador @beBee posts sometimes with a photo of bimself as a blonde woman?
- 28/06/2016U.S.’s first public solar road will roll out on Route 66www.curbed.com Missouri is installing energy-generating solar pavers along a section of the country’s most famous...
- Energizing and Relaxing Herbs
Chamomile (Matricaria recutita, Matricaria chamomilla, Anthemis nobilis)
When you feel as if you need something to calm you down or help you relax, chamomile is a good choice.
the flower of the plant that’s used for creating remedies, there are different
types of chamomile that herbalists commonly use. For nervous system health, I like to use German chamomile, Matricaria chamomilia. It’s an easy herb to grow, and it’s great for children as well. German chamomile is an annual plant that likes full sun.
Chamomile may reduce stress and discomfort, and it’s useful for digestive health. It’s also soothing for teething and colicky babies.
- How Do Herbs Improve Nervous System Functioning?
Herbs are useful in promoting the health of the nervous system in a variety of ways. For example, they provide nourishment and protection for nerves. They also help ease migraine and sinus headaches, and they can help you focus when you’re feeling a bit foggy. Herbs that improve nervous system functioning fall into two groups: nervine, or calming, herbs
and stimulant herbs, which enhance energy and give you a mental lift.
Let’s take a look at some herbs that benefit the nervous system.
- The nervous system is the master communication center of the body. For years it was believed to consist of the brain, spinal cord, and nerves, and it was thought to be an electrical system similar to telephone wires.
In the old view of the nervous system, a message could originate from any part of the body. It would then travel though the nerves to the brain, resulting in an action or thought. We now understand that the nervous system goes beyond this simple explanation. The nervous system
consists of hundreds of chemical messengers throughout the body, all interacting and moderating each other in a very complicated system.