- 06/10/2016Jim's smart.
Scroll down to "UX Strategy: Jobs to be Done"Visualizing Value: How to Align Teams with Experience Mapping - O'Reilly Media Free, Live Eventswww.oreilly.com We are witnessing a shift in the way businesses create value. Competing today requires a new mental model of how the world works. Visualizations help organizations change their perspective; maps of the experience seek to align customers'...
- 27/08/2016Pharma Bro now has a Pharma Sis. #Mylan's #EpiPen response is weak PR spin. https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/stop-epipen-profiteering-drop-the-price-of-this-lifesaving-medicine-now?source=twitter& …
- 24/08/2016#IlovebeBee because ? I would love everyone to give your own acronym of beBee and what it means to you.
Comments25/08/2016 #17 Anees ZaidiDear @🐝 Fatima G. Williams one unique characteristics of beBee I love the most is that it helps me find other bees with common interests and the beBee environement immediately connects me with them. This ability I do not find on other social media platforms. And the interesting part is that you do not need to search fir such connections. You would keep buzzing around and suddenly you would notice common-interests bees in your circle.25/08/2016 #16 🐝 Fatima G. Williams#15 Thank you dear @CityVP 🐝 Manjit You can turn any comment into an erudite discussion . Yes " The bridges to our hearts are the most important, then how that forms home - and how home forms village" I also believe that our hearts are bridges in one way or the other. Network intelligence has become the norm of today's living and is indeed an interesting discussion. Thank you for introducing @Lauren Juzl Welcome to beBee land dear Lauren.25/08/2016 #15 CityVP 🐝 Manjit#13 Dear Fatima, ultimately it is called "Network Intelligence", utilized intelligently it empowers one's life. BTW Fatima I would like you to welcome @Lauren Juzl she has just moved to Madrid and all of this is a new experience for her. Her post https://www.bebee.com/producer/@lauren-juzl/technology-blackout-why-we-all-need-to-turn-off#c5 is pragmatic - and like the millennials I go to college with, she does ask questions which means she is actually thinking deeper about the full meaning of network intelligence. The bridges to our hearts are the most important, then how that forms home - and how home forms village - network intelligence begins at the village level - with your own life value highly central to all bridges.
- 05/08/2016Additional to What?
That’s not just snark. UX is broad - It is the Point of Integration of several Skills - and you can enter it from many directions.John Vaughan's answer to What additional training can I do to become the best UX designer possible? - Quorawww.quora.com
- 03/08/2016John Vaughan's answer to What is the best interface design for quick data update? - Quorawww.quora.com
- 01/08/2016Job Listings and Openings....... Ok beBee - why is Antarctica listed? It is essentially a closed continent - it is a pure military installation event. Certainly, Bank of America is NOT there for the listings that are posted. I recommend REMOVING it.... or REPLACING it with REMOTE jobs - jobs that are global, international, home based that are not tied to a country or specific location.
Thanks from a far flung digital nomad with no address
- 24/07/2016My answer to "How can one decide if their website based start up needs a UX designer?" https://www.quora.com/How-can-one-decide-if-their-website-based-start-up-needs-a-UX-designer/answer/John-Vaughan?
- 20/07/2016"Thanks to Robbert Schuringa for Endorsements" for @youeyeguy on @LinkedInEndorsementslnkd.in This post announces the recent professional Endorsements in my LinkedIn Profile. Thanks to Robert Schuringa for Endorsement: User Experience What UxP Is Interaction Design Service User...
- 19/07/2016"As a UX Designer, what should I learn about Psychology?"
My answer on Quora : https://www.quora.com/As-a-UX-Designer-what-should-I-learn-about-Psychology/answer/John-Vaughan?srid=3qG9
- 15/07/2016“Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
-- Muhammed AliAli & Cosell (1981) An advantage of the US/Canadian Telidon system was that it allowed relatively hi-rez drawings. Visit TCS for more -...
- Producer13/07/2016What's the Buzz?Tell me what's happenin'...Status : It's What's Important ... to meWho loves ya?Status info is the measure of affinity. Let's do it right. BTW:LinkedIn is happy to tell me who "Likes" my stuff. beBee kinda hides it.Learn from your competitorsFor...
Comments16/07/2016 #17 Anonymous#4Yep, I'm on iOS. Yesterday, I couldn't leave a comment on a Buzz. Really strange! I'm going to try to use my computer. I also think I'm going to type up Buzzes in Word first, then copy over to beBee. Kind of hard to get involved in the conversation when the app doesn't cooperate.14/07/2016 #12 John Vaughan#7 #7 I appreciate beBee's energy and willingness to respond positively @Laurent BOSCHERINI. Have worked in the Product Development (http://www.jcvtcs.com/showcases/showcase-appdev.html View more#7 #7 I appreciate beBee's energy and willingness to respond positively @Laurent BOSCHERINI. Have worked in the Product Development (http://www.jcvtcs.com/showcases/showcase-appdev.html) and Software Entrepreneurship / Productivity Tools (http://www.jcvtcs.com/solutions/software.html) for a while. But, still ... Close14/07/2016 #9 John Vaughan#5 sorry to be a nag, @Federico 🐝 Álvarez San Martín, but the editorial interface still really ... well ... sucks. There are a bunch of problems: Bullet points are among the worst. editing them can cause entire portions of text to be moved to another place in the article, plus the loss of all styling. Please address this quickly. If you can't fix it - then at least give us an [ UNDO ] function so that we can back out gracefully. Thanks in advance.13/07/2016 #7 AnonymousThank you @John Vaughan for your relevant points. As a beBee who is using only my smartphone, I am very impressed by beBee's Team reactivity and all efforts done, in term of direct interactive adjustments. They did in less than three months, a lot of intuitive and technical corrections very astute and practicle, when others need years just understand the users concern.13/07/2016 #2 AnonymousYes, the design of the app (I haven't been on website too much) is a tad confusing. The first time I tried to publish something, the app said I needed a picture. I didn't have a picture that related. I could have posted a picture of my dog, but my dog had nothing to do with the Buzz. I wish the app had a way to invite people, especially off another site. The app itself is not stable. I've either been knocked off or it freezes at times. I've added people here to my network,, but would like to add from other networks that would benefit here.
Oh well, I've been enjoying my time here. It's not stuffy like LI. I'm sure things will improve...I hope.
- Producer11/07/2016How and Why You Need Your Own beBee Newsfeeds!If you could have your very own RSS Newsfeeds for all your beBee postings and shares, would you jump at the chance? In this article I show-and-tell how I've created my own beBee activity feeds and discuss what I've already done with them. I then...
- Producer04/07/2016beBee's Missing Metaphor Here's what beBee describes as ...The BrandOn beBee ,1. We are bees.2. The affinity groups are hives.3. Shared content are buzzes.4. Writers are producers ( long content is honey).5. Stings are my bookmarked content. ... coming soon ;) I can...
Comments23/03/2017 #22 John Vaughan#21 Just because you don't perceive broken-ness @Paul Walters, doesn't mean that the product/service doesn't need fixing.
Nor have I characterized beBee as 'broken" (that's your metaphor).
Perhaps it makes more sense if we frame the issue as "being competitive":
"I'm alright, Jack" is a convenient excuse for inaction. But it also means that your service will only appeal to the subset of people who are already satisfied - or at least unperturbed by whatever-it-is you offer. If you want to reach more than just that (very) limited audience - and beBee really, REALLY does - then you've gotta design beyond those limitations.
in my opinion05/07/2016 #18 John Vaughan"bees do share" = true @Paul "Pablo" Croubalian . In their immediate communication with each other they sing (buzz) and dance (form patterns) - usually in order to direct each other to attractive flowers, which has strategic implications for pollination (first step towards creating honey, plus supporting the growth and flowering of longer term infrastructure).05/07/2016 #16 John Vaughan#10 Clarification, @Javier 🐝 beBee: I did not intend to propose that "Pollinate" should replace "Share" as labeling throughout the UI (though it's a thought). As noted in the title of this article, "pollinate" is currently the "missing metaphor". I believe that it's an important one - and should be made part of how we describe things.
That said, [ Share ] is a commonly-accepted and understood call-to-action. I DO propose that beBee re-visit the metaphors that describe what we can do in an affinity-based network which uses "bees" as a theme.
Aside from that, I suggest that the Comments section is not the place to litigate the issue, and "crowdsourcing design" isn't necessarily a great idea - especially if it's based on selective invitations. "Change is Difficult" enough, as it is ... https://www.bebee.com/producer/@john-vaughan/change
By the same token, "Collaboration" is a valuable attribute of an affinity-based network - and is the sort of thing that Bees do rather well. It's worth consciously designing into the system. Let's do it right.04/07/2016 #7 John Vaughan#6 Hope you'll reconsider, @Javier 🐝 beBee. It's never too late to get it right - and beBee still has quite a ways to go. BTW: The discontinuity and confusion between 'short' and 'long' posts exactly mirrors similar problems at LinkedIn. I don't know that I'd necessarily describe "good usability" as gamification, much less that you can gamificate too much.
- 03/07/2016Just sayin'John Vaughan's answer to What are the best examples of ux/ui for user feedback, comments, ratings? - Quorawww.quora.com
- 29/06/2016"Thanks for the Endorsements" sez @youeyeguy to Peter Chotin and Gary W. KellyEndorsementswww.linkedin.com This post announces the recent professional Endorsements in my LinkedIn Profile. Thanks to Peter Chotin for Endorsement: (u) Interaction Design Service User Experience What UxP Is Thanks to...
- Not an unusual situation. Unfortunately.John Vaughan's answer to How should a single UX lead be integrated into an enterprise owned project? - Quorawww.quora.com
- On the theme : UX is Everywhere
They’re small-scale and kind of fun.
You might frame the conversation by asking the kids about their personal “pet peeves” (Problem/point-of-pain), then focus on Solutions (brainstorming), and then introduce after-the-fact Analysis … and maybe even Process.EveryDay UXjcvtcsblog.wordpress.com This is a grab-bag collection of UX fixes and observations that apply to usability in general – and often Beyond the Web. the Incidental Kitty Door The Value of Mis-direction Useful...
- “Do well by doing good.” In my downtime I volunteer design services to worthy non-profits. Taproot is a clearing house for this Post or find a pro bono project : Easy to use, remote work, you negotiate your relationship. Excellent opportunity to hone those “client-facing” skills.John Vaughan's answer to Since good UI/UX design is subjective, how does someone trying to break into the field 'prove' themselves to employers? - Quorawww.quora.com
- 15/06/2016Computer-Assisted Embarrassment
Computer systems shouldn't make us feel bad. But they often do. Contextual usability methods can help discover social defects in user experience.Computer-Assisted Embarrassment | Nielsen Norman Groupwww.nngroup.com Computer systems shouldn't make us feel bad. But they often do. Contextual usability methods can help discover social defects in user...
- 13/06/2016Thinking & Life skills (Learn, know, grow)Thinking & Life skills (Learn, know, grow) This Hive is about: (1.) LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT: Inquiry, Introspection, Creativity, Imagination, Exploration, Experiential; (2.) LIFE SKILLS: Logic/Reasoning, Philosophy, Psychology, Arts, Science, Neuroscience applications, Awareness of
- 04/06/2016"Making beBee all it can bee."
beBee Plus is our playpen for gathering, sharing, and exploring ways to make this a social network special.
I'll be posting some "leftover suggestions" from experiences w/ networks like LinkedIn and Quora. Plus some new stuff.