- 06/10/2016Jim's smart.
Scroll down to "UX Strategy: Jobs to be Done"Visualizing Value: How to Align Teams with Experience Mapping - O'Reilly Media Free, Live Eventswww.oreilly.com We are witnessing a shift in the way businesses create value. Competing today requires a new mental model of how the world works. Visualizations help organizations change their perspective; maps of the experience seek to align customers'...
- Producer19/09/2016the Full Disclosure Ambassadoron the Topic of Full Disclosure:a beBee Brand Ambassador is - in functional terms - a 'subsidized spokesperson' (The deal is: "If you market beBee effectively, we'll give you equity"). Under the circumstances ...Shouldn't a subsidized spokesperson...
- 27/08/2016Pharma Bro now has a Pharma Sis. #Mylan's #EpiPen response is weak PR spin. https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/stop-epipen-profiteering-drop-the-price-of-this-lifesaving-medicine-now?source=twitter& …
- 24/08/2016#IlovebeBee because ? I would love everyone to give your own acronym of beBee and what it means to you.
Comments25/08/2016 #17 Anees ZaidiDear @🐝 Fatima Williams one unique characteristics of beBee I love the most is that it helps me find other bees with common interests and the beBee environement immediately connects me with them. This ability I do not find on other social media platforms. And the interesting part is that you do not need to search fir such connections. You would keep buzzing around and suddenly you would notice common-interests bees in your circle.25/08/2016 #16 🐝 Fatima Williams#15 Thank you dear @CityVP 🐝 Manjit You can turn any comment into an erudite discussion . Yes " The bridges to our hearts are the most important, then how that forms home - and how home forms village" I also believe that our hearts are bridges in one way or the other. Network intelligence has become the norm of today's living and is indeed an interesting discussion. Thank you for introducing @Lauren Juzl Welcome to beBee land dear Lauren.25/08/2016 #15 CityVP 🐝 Manjit#13 Dear Fatima, ultimately it is called "Network Intelligence", utilized intelligently it empowers one's life. BTW Fatima I would like you to welcome @Lauren Juzl she has just moved to Madrid and all of this is a new experience for her. Her post https://www.bebee.com/producer/@lauren-juzl/technology-blackout-why-we-all-need-to-turn-off#c5 is pragmatic - and like the millennials I go to college with, she does ask questions which means she is actually thinking deeper about the full meaning of network intelligence. The bridges to our hearts are the most important, then how that forms home - and how home forms village - network intelligence begins at the village level - with your own life value highly central to all bridges.
- 05/08/2016Additional to What?
That’s not just snark. UX is broad - It is the Point of Integration of several Skills - and you can enter it from many directions.John Vaughan's answer to What additional training can I do to become the best UX designer possible? - Quorawww.quora.com
- 03/08/2016John Vaughan's answer to What is the best interface design for quick data update? - Quorawww.quora.com
- Producer03/08/2016ArchitectureDesign Insightfrom the Nielsen Norman GroupIt's short (2 minutes)and succinctly captures the biggest usability challenges for beBeeTake a...
- 01/08/2016Job Listings and Openings....... Ok beBee - why is Antarctica listed? It is essentially a closed continent - it is a pure military installation event. Certainly, Bank of America is NOT there for the listings that are posted. I recommend REMOVING it.... or REPLACING it with REMOTE jobs - jobs that are global, international, home based that are not tied to a country or specific location.
Thanks from a far flung digital nomad with no address
- Producer29/07/2016What's the relationship between UX Design and "Service Design"?Framing Question: “What’s the Difference?”General Consensus: “Not much”How do you describe the difference between UX and Service Design?What is the difference between UX Design and Service Design?Are CX and Service Design the Same Thing?Not to be...
- 24/07/2016My answer to "How can one decide if their website based start up needs a UX designer?" https://www.quora.com/How-can-one-decide-if-their-website-based-start-up-needs-a-UX-designer/answer/John-Vaughan?
- 20/07/2016"Thanks to Robbert Schuringa for Endorsements" for @youeyeguy on @LinkedInEndorsementslnkd.in This post announces the recent professional Endorsements in my LinkedIn Profile. Thanks to Robert Schuringa for Endorsement: User Experience What UxP Is Interaction Design Service User...
- 19/07/2016"As a UX Designer, what should I learn about Psychology?"
My answer on Quora : https://www.quora.com/As-a-UX-Designer-what-should-I-learn-about-Psychology/answer/John-Vaughan?srid=3qG9
- 15/07/2016“Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
-- Muhammed AliAli & Cosell (1981) An advantage of the US/Canadian Telidon system was that it allowed relatively hi-rez drawings. Visit TCS for more -...
- Producer13/07/2016Affinity = a ModelThe substance of this article is being moved to my WordPress site. Please visit me there for more insights.thanks, John VaughanA while back I worked on a project to develop an internal affinity-oriented social network for professionals which...
Comments18/07/2016 #18 John Vaughan#15
By way of clarification, @Javier 🐝 beBee, I've proposed a number of things - but never suggested that beBee should become "a project management tool".
Collaboration is something else altogether. Admittedly, it implies more functional traction than we see in most of the Facebook-y trivia and shallow marketing tweets that dominate social media. Bell Labs saw the synergy in 2009. They're not dumb.
And Collaboration also has real resonance with placement, hiring, and recruitment efforts. In fact, I see 'recruitment' as the first step towards Collaboration ("I've got an idea/job description/proposal. Does anyone want to contribute?").
Relevant Footnote: Corporate Intranets are often "owned and operated" by the HR Department. There's a natural "affinity" with internal people-oriented (as differentiated from customer-targeted or business-driven) services, if you will.
I believe that you may want to re-visit the topic of "Affinity & Collaboration: Your Intranet on Steroids" after you've had a chance to re-consider, Javier. When you're ready to talk, please bring your wallet.
That invitation is open to anyone who 'gets it' and would like to make it happen ...18/07/2016 #17 John Vaughan#15 Thanks for confirming that my design guidance counts towards beBee ambassadorship, Javier @Javier 🐝 beBee.
I notice that there are at least 2 - seemingly redundant - hives ("beBee ambassadors" and "beBee's ambassadors") on the topic in English, but no direct access to info about "what is" an ambassador. I suggest that those would be good places to post links to that useful background info.
I also notice announcements that several people are now officially designated by beBee as 'Ambassadors'. How might that apply to me?
I know that my design guidance stuff isn't *literally* ambassadorship. Even so, I wonder if some of my more 'ambassadorial' efforts appear on beBee's radar. For example: My birthday happened the other day. I got a slew of nice birthday greetings from my LinkedIn followers. I took the opportunity to respond to them with this message:
"Thanks for your kind birthday wish. It really made my day.
I hope that you'll follow me now on beBee at
I have a similar message for LinkedIn colleagues who choose to connect with me there. Just sayin' ... Nothing markets quite as effectively as 'word of mouth', in my opinion
Thanks15/07/2016 #15 Javier 🐝 beBee#13 Hi @John Vaughan , I dont know what you want exactly. I am open to listen your suggestions. beBee is focused on improving communication but beBee will not be a project management tool because there are a lot of them ! beBee is the world's most dynamic professional social network. Individuals can create an appealing personal brand by combining their professional resume with their personal interests. Our innovative approach to networking facilitates a vibrant job placement and hiring environment for both individuals and organizations. We help build significant professional relationships, provide the ideal platform for sharing ideas and content and create economic opportunity for everyone.15/07/2016 #10 John Vaughan#6 I appreciate your honest - if incomplete - response, @Javier 🐝 beBee. I have asked on several occasions if providing a substantial amount of actionable usability design guidance is valued by beBee as "ambassadorship". Apparently not.
I shall continue to publish broadly on other topics.
I will continue to use beBeePlus as a forum for identifying your many UX and UI Problems.
For UX and UI Solutions:
Please feel free to follow my professional blog on Wordpress https://jcvtcsblog.wordpress.com/
and my website http://www.jcvtcs.com/index.html
and Quora https://www.quora.com/profile/John-Vaughan
Best of luck in "Making beBee all it can beBee".14/07/2016 #7 Federico 🐝 Álvarez San Martín#2 Kevin is true. We have many issues to do. We appreciate your feedback as users. It's really important. I keep all this and promise that gradually we will have better features. Thanks @Kevin Pashuk View more#2 Kevin is true. We have many issues to do. We appreciate your feedback as users. It's really important. I keep all this and promise that gradually we will have better features. Thanks @Kevin Pashuk and @John Vaughan. Best regards. Close14/07/2016 #5 John Vaughan#2 Thanks for the upvote, @Kevin Pashuk. The regard is mutual. BTW: I'd written and sent my message below before I saw your update.
Here's a UX-y type of thought:
Talk w/ development? Of course.
Perhaps also with Marketing...
... and Strategy
http://www.jcvtcs.com/understanding/uxp-role.html14/07/2016 #4 John VaughanUtility implies value. Usability is an underlying assumption of The Information Economy, even though it's not necessarily well-measured by Marketing and Sales. This article - and several of my other buzzes - identify real issues and propose a number of immediately actionable design solutions.
This article also proposes a that a well-designed affinity-oriented service has significant additional market potential for beBee ..... Does any of this apply towards Ambassadorship, @Javier 🐝 beBee?
- Producer13/07/2016What's the Buzz?Tell me what's happenin'...Status : It's What's Important ... to meWho loves ya?Status info is the measure of affinity. Let's do it right. BTW:LinkedIn is happy to tell me who "Likes" my stuff. beBee kinda hides it.Learn from your competitorsFor...
Comments16/07/2016 #17 Anonymous#4Yep, I'm on iOS. Yesterday, I couldn't leave a comment on a Buzz. Really strange! I'm going to try to use my computer. I also think I'm going to type up Buzzes in Word first, then copy over to beBee. Kind of hard to get involved in the conversation when the app doesn't cooperate.14/07/2016 #12 John Vaughan#7 #7 I appreciate beBee's energy and willingness to respond positively @Laurent BOSCHERINI. Have worked in the Product Development (http://www.jcvtcs.com/showcases/showcase-appdev.html View more#7 #7 I appreciate beBee's energy and willingness to respond positively @Laurent BOSCHERINI. Have worked in the Product Development (http://www.jcvtcs.com/showcases/showcase-appdev.html) and Software Entrepreneurship / Productivity Tools (http://www.jcvtcs.com/solutions/software.html) for a while. But, still ... Close14/07/2016 #9 John Vaughan#5 sorry to be a nag, @Federico 🐝 Álvarez San Martín, but the editorial interface still really ... well ... sucks. There are a bunch of problems: Bullet points are among the worst. editing them can cause entire portions of text to be moved to another place in the article, plus the loss of all styling. Please address this quickly. If you can't fix it - then at least give us an [ UNDO ] function so that we can back out gracefully. Thanks in advance.13/07/2016 #7 AnonymousThank you @John Vaughan for your relevant points. As a beBee who is using only my smartphone, I am very impressed by beBee's Team reactivity and all efforts done, in term of direct interactive adjustments. They did in less than three months, a lot of intuitive and technical corrections very astute and practicle, when others need years just understand the users concern.13/07/2016 #2 AnonymousYes, the design of the app (I haven't been on website too much) is a tad confusing. The first time I tried to publish something, the app said I needed a picture. I didn't have a picture that related. I could have posted a picture of my dog, but my dog had nothing to do with the Buzz. I wish the app had a way to invite people, especially off another site. The app itself is not stable. I've either been knocked off or it freezes at times. I've added people here to my network,, but would like to add from other networks that would benefit here.
Oh well, I've been enjoying my time here. It's not stuffy like LI. I'm sure things will improve...I hope.
- Producer11/07/2016How and Why You Need Your Own beBee Newsfeeds!If you could have your very own RSS Newsfeeds for all your beBee postings and shares, would you jump at the chance? In this article I show-and-tell how I've created my own beBee activity feeds and discuss what I've already done with them. I then...
- Producer09/07/2016There's a difference ...LinkedIn recently made much hoo-hah about how "LinkedIn Listens: A Better Way to Prompt for Member Feedback"LinkedIn Engineering The customer response to this claim wassubstantialvigorousnot all that positiveHere's mine(excerpted from the...
Comments09/07/2016 #7 John Vaughanmore relevant context from @Phil Friedman ... https://www.bebee.com/producer/@friedman-phil/customer-relations-management-versus-customer-service
- Producer07/07/2016Pollination - It's why we Blog ... ReduxThis article is being moved to my WordPress site. Please visit me there for more insights.thanks, John Vaughan This continues the thread re "how we share" information on beBee. That's not just a "Producer" issue (Initiate a discussion). We also...
Comments09/07/2016 #14 John Vaughan#13 Bless you, @Chas ✌️ Wyatt - You're one of the good ones for sharing. But also very much in the minority. Actually, this article has a significant number of shares ... so maybe that indicates something. In a related vein: I also wish that my short public "buzzes" could be part of the mix.07/07/2016 #1 John VaughanHey, @Federico 🐝 Álvarez San Martín. This article also exhibits some ugly artifacts in the lines "BeBee is different because it is an affinity based site." and "It helps you focus your message". These lines do not display as style text when published, even though they look OK when I have the page in edit mode. See "WYSI.not.WYG" in https://www.bebee.com/producer/@john-vaughan/editorial-tools-get-it-in-writing. The artifact appears to be triggered by overlapping styling and or cut&paste during the editorial process. Thanks
- Producer06/07/2016Editorial Tools : Get it in WritingHere are a few standard Editorial Tools that are missing - or don't work - on beBeePlease take a look, Federico Álvarez San MartínDon't get me wrong: I like beBee and want to publish here. That's why I want the editorial suite of tools to work....
- Producer04/07/2016beBee's Missing Metaphor Here's what beBee describes as ...The BrandOn beBee ,1. We are bees.2. The affinity groups are hives.3. Shared content are buzzes.4. Writers are producers ( long content is honey).5. Stings are my bookmarked content. ... coming soon ;) I can...
Comments05/07/2016 #18 John Vaughan"bees do share" = true @Paul "Pablo" Croubalian . In their immediate communication with each other they sing (buzz) and dance (form patterns) - usually in order to direct each other to attractive flowers, which has strategic implications for pollination (first step towards creating honey, plus supporting the growth and flowering of longer term infrastructure).05/07/2016 #16 John Vaughan#10 Clarification, @Javier 🐝 beBee: I did not intend to propose that "Pollinate" should replace "Share" as labeling throughout the UI (though it's a thought). As noted in the title of this article, "pollinate" is currently the "missing metaphor". I believe that it's an important one - and should be made part of how we describe things.
That said, [ Share ] is a commonly-accepted and understood call-to-action. I DO propose that beBee re-visit the metaphors that describe what we can do in an affinity-based network which uses "bees" as a theme.
Aside from that, I suggest that the Comments section is not the place to litigate the issue, and "crowdsourcing design" isn't necessarily a great idea - especially if it's based on selective invitations. "Change is Difficult" enough, as it is ... https://www.bebee.com/producer/@john-vaughan/change
By the same token, "Collaboration" is a valuable attribute of an affinity-based network - and is the sort of thing that Bees do rather well. It's worth consciously designing into the system. Let's do it right.04/07/2016 #7 John Vaughan#6 Hope you'll reconsider, @Javier 🐝 beBee. It's never too late to get it right - and beBee still has quite a ways to go. BTW: The discontinuity and confusion between 'short' and 'long' posts exactly mirrors similar problems at LinkedIn. I don't know that I'd necessarily describe "good usability" as gamification, much less that you can gamificate too much.
- 03/07/2016Just sayin'John Vaughan's answer to What are the best examples of ux/ui for user feedback, comments, ratings? - Quorawww.quora.com
- 29/06/2016"Thanks for the Endorsements" sez @youeyeguy to Peter Chotin and Gary W. KellyEndorsementswww.linkedin.com This post announces the recent professional Endorsements in my LinkedIn Profile. Thanks to Peter Chotin for Endorsement: (u) Interaction Design Service User Experience What UxP Is Thanks to...
- Producer28/06/2016Dumb UX ... Fixed (and Quickly)Update: beBee's tech team corrected this usability glitch with 2 hours of acknowledging it. That's how to do it. Two Thumbs Up.IMO: This bodes well for beBee's success - esp. when compared to longstanding indifference ("user antagonism") from...
Comments28/06/2016 #3 Federico 🐝 Álvarez San Martín#2 #1 Thank you very much @Phil Friedman and @John Vaughan. That is all the bebee team. We hear and we want to improve slowly so that ye find them at home. I hope we always escribáis possible improvements or bugs that you find. Thank you very much again. Best regards.28/06/2016 #2 John Vaughan#1 Thanks, @Phil Friedman. And a big shout-out to @Federico 🐝 Álvarez San Martín and his team. Been doing this QA-as-UX thing for 30+ years now. The marketing folks tend to respond predictably, but the tech folks are where the rubber meets the road.
HEY! The [ Enter ] thing appears to be fixed. BIG THUMBS UP to Federico & Team for nice speedy turnaround.
I will leave this posting up, even tho it's fixed. Nice object lesson in "responsive design"....28/06/2016 #1 Phil FriedmanAgreed, @John Vaughan, it is a most annoying way to do things. And impeded engagement by cutting comments short, often inadvertently, but always by frustration. Hopefully @Federico 🐝 Álvarez San Martín View moreAgreed, @John Vaughan, it is a most annoying way to do things. And impeded engagement by cutting comments short, often inadvertently, but always by frustration. Hopefully @Federico 🐝 Álvarez San Martín, will revisit this soon. Cheers! Close