- ProducerThe End Note. In The Book Of Life.Yesterday I attended a funeral. It was a respectful service that truly honored the person exactly as she was. She has lived as a bright example. Always. Throughout her whole life. Always supportive. Helping others. A humble giving hand. She did not...
Comments26/02/2017 #29 Pamela 🐝 WilliamsI don't think a more beautiful tribute could be written about any human being. Not what they accomplished, not what things they left behind, but the human spirit that will be part of all those they knew her, loved her. Thank you, thank you for sharing this tribute with us. May we all live our lives to be remembered in this way; That we were a friend, that we loved, that we cared about others, and that we taught our children to follow in these beautiful footsteps.26/02/2017 #28 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.very insightful comments @CityVP 🐝 Manjit, thank you for your viewpoint and your links. Every life is unique. Every story is unique. Regular meditation along our journey is healthy. From there we can consciously choose the next steps.26/02/2017 #26 CityVP 🐝 ManjitRegret accompanies a life that is well lived or it can be viewed as a disease that one must eradicate. Consequently if my cause was to take actions to stop "future regrets" I might end up regretting following that cause.
Personally, an individual who created the "Happiness Project" and now is a thought leader in the area of happiness (Grethin Ruben) wrote an interesting piece about "regret".
I also invariably in terms of the subject of 'regret' go back to the classic scene played by Danny Devito in "The Big Kahuna", which is today called the "Character Speech"
The only value of the answers we give to this question informs us the capacity of heart, mind and spirit and then the first two lessons from that for me is to learn how best to level-set and recognize the absolute danger of telling others how to live their life. If my life ends up amounting to telling others how to live their life - then that may end up being my greatest future regret. Yet how do I know that now. I absolutely do not and I am OK living with that as a living uncertainty if it means this is a learning journey.26/02/2017 #25 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.#24 I so look forward to reading more on that, @Matt 🐝 Sweetwood, it will be a wonderful article and then put into action, to inspire us all! Thanks for your comments.26/02/2017 #24 Matt 🐝 Sweetwood@Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc., @Javier 🐝 beBee, @Juan Imaz @John White, MBA @Virag Gulyas
"What five courageous actions could you take now to stop feeding future regrets?"
1. Spend more time with family
2, Spend more time with friends
3. Take more time off to travel
4. Do more charity
5. Teat everyone, including people who have wronged you, better.
ok... that's sounds like an article.... time to start wiring26/02/2017 #23 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.#22 my pleasure poet @Chas ✌️ Wyatt26/02/2017 #21 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.#20 true @Ken Boddie, that is a beautiful comment, I thank you for that. Good idea that you mention below.26/02/2017 #19 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.#17 my pleasure @Javier 🐝 beBee! Thank you for your appreciation.26/02/2017 #17 Javier 🐝 beBeeBeautiful beautiful beautiful @Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc. ! Many thanks for writing it.
- 23/02/2017My first book, "F.M.L. Standing Out & Being a Leader" just arrived. Fast track your way to organizational recognition and promotion the 'right way.' http://amzn.to/2kIgOyB
Comments05/01/2017 #7 Bill Stankiewicz, 🐝 Brand AmbassadorHello Bee's: You are such great folks here and its always a joy to chat with you here at beBee.com and on the phone too. Please if I can help you in any way let me know? Best regards, & many thanks my friends here @Praveen Raj Gullepalli, @Aurorasa Sima View moreHello Bee's: You are such great folks here and its always a joy to chat with you here at beBee.com and on the phone too. Please if I can help you in any way let me know? Best regards, & many thanks my friends here @Praveen Raj Gullepalli, @Aurorasa Sima., @Luiz Henrique Souza .E., @Jan 🐝 Barbosa, @Pascal Derrien, @Max🐝 J. Carter, @Aleta Curry, @sakthivel elumalai, @Praveen Raj Gullepalli, @David B. Grinberg, and @Maria Oslara Close
- 03/01/2017I am incredibly honored to be a 2017 featured Forbes 30 under 30 winner! Thank you to everyone who has supported me! http://www.forbes.com/30-under-30-2017/art-style/#65402cf75181
Comments04/01/2017 #22 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.well done power woman!
- Producer08/12/2016A Welcome to the Keho FamilyMy son popped the question yesterday, on the anniversary of their first date, and my soon-to-be daughter-in-law...
Comments11/12/2016 #6 Margaret Aranda, MD, PhD#5 How adorable! A horseshoe makes a great decoration, too! / My parents had a family tradition of...hmmm. I probably don't even realize, like you, what 'qualifies' as a tradition as we grow up just accepting something as routine. Oh..I Know! All the girls got our ears pierced at 4 mo of age. Everyone thought that was cool as we didn't have to go through the piercing pain later on in life. Unless we wanted 4 holes, that is. ;)11/12/2016 #5 Randy KehoDuring my first wedding ceremony, my mother got up from her pew and walked up to us standing at the alter to present us with a horseshoe, which, in addition to being a symbol of good luck, is also an Irish tradition.
You should have heard the muffled gasps. I hadn't thought to mention it to anybody, so hardly anybody in attendance was aware of this tradition. They were,, however, aware of my mother's disposition, and expected the worst. @Pamela 🐝 Williams @Sara Jacobovici @Margaret Aranda, MD, PhD
- Producer22/11/2016New beBee ambassadors - 2016 NovemberWe’ve received many questions asking about the specific requirements that need to be met to become one of our Ambassadors. We are priorizing these actions:1. Promote beBee on the internet --> Whether it’s through your various social networks,...
- Producer09/10/2016A Long Jump in TimeTwo years ago I was a couch potato. I had always kept reasonably fit but I had fallen into a lull with little motivation for exercise. Passing by a running track one day, I thought, why not go back to what I was once good at - athletics? I...
Comments19/10/2016 #57 Lisa 🐝 Gallagher#55 My son has a contraption to do that with his bike too @Pamela 🐝 Williams. I would love to have a good bike and one of those 'contraptions' to use during the snowy months when you can't go out and ride a bike around here. I'm wimpier now, even if it's too cold, forget it. Oh to be young again!!19/10/2016 #55 Pamela 🐝 Williams#53 My bike riding is now wimpy but I have a very nice bike in the shed that needs a better seat as well! Since writing the comment I've been considering taking it in for a tune up. I have a contraption that turns my bike into a stationary bike and that allows me to build by bike legs on my actual bike.18/10/2016 #54 🐝 Fatima WilliamsIt will be awesome to watch a live buzz @Gert Scholtz
It's lovely to rekindle an old passion and revive ourselves with it.
As short as I am I used to jump at school ( giggles) and I was a sprinter too. I also used to be good at volley ball.
This is a great motivating buzz loved reading it. This is so true " One needs to get back to basic elements and the awareness of open space "
All the best again its beBee cheering for you 🤗🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🤗18/10/2016 #53 Lisa 🐝 Gallagher#52 I know live buzz works for @Lance 🐝 Scoular but not sure what part of Austrailia he's in. Look forward to seeing one too @Gert Scholtz. @Pamela 🐝 Williams, I will look for a bike that my bottom end feels comfortable on and start riding if you do too! I used to ride a lot and after breaking my tailbone for the 3rd time, I wasn't able to sit on my bike seat long at all.18/10/2016 #52 Gert Scholtz@Sara Jacobovici @Pamela 🐝 Williams I am sure the live buzz feature works in "them here" southern countries SA and Australia. So a live Buzz it will Bee! Sara - glad you stayed on till the ending - that was the intent. Pam - get back on your bike and ride! Thank you!18/10/2016 #50 Pamela 🐝 WilliamsOH, brilliant thought!, A Live Buzz from the competition would be great is you have the App! Is it available in Australia/South Africa? Maybe a teammate could video you jumping! I wanna watch @Gert Scholtz View moreOH, brilliant thought!, A Live Buzz from the competition would be great is you have the App! Is it available in Australia/South Africa? Maybe a teammate could video you jumping! I wanna watch @Gert Scholtz!!! Close18/10/2016 #49 Pamela 🐝 WilliamsBiking! I used to ride, rain or shine. In actuality I preferred the rain. Bent over the handle-bars of my ten-speed and feeling the water being kicked up by the rear tire and spraying my back with a fine mist was exhilarating. This was before helmets were required (actually I wouldn't have known where to buy one), so the cool damp air on my head felt wonderful.
- Producer19/10/2016Where I Really Earned My MBA (a Denny's on The "Shady" Side of Town)Don't let me kid you, Fort Collins is hardly a ghetto. It's a lovely university town that sits up next to the mountains and has a charming and vibrant downtown.However, there is one area out by the interstate that has fallen into some bad hands. A...
Comments20/10/2016 #55 Randy Keho#45 I was in that building once, but I can't for the life of me remember why? It must have been a meeting of some kind. It appeared quite rundown. I remember thinking, "This is Roosevelt University?" However, it was probably quite majestic when you were there. Was there an underground stable for the horses?19/10/2016 #49 Gerald Hecht#48 @Laura Mikolaitis It is small...although I still wouldn't want to paint it)...yeah it's hard to describe to people who haven't done the "upstate experience"...I must admit (from my Binghamton days) ...the best weekends and stuff were like *Finger Lake Winery Tours (I know people who still don't realize how "extensive" those could be, lol...*the first lake effect thundersnow, and *how Ithaca was to Binghamton as N'walins is to Baton Rouge...;-)
- Producer08/10/2016Whatssuping emocional: Una nueva forma de buzzBebee y su herramienta Producer, junto con el concepto de colmenas de afinidad y abejas que interactúan y colaboran para producir miel, es sin duda uno de los conceptos más rompedores que hay en el panorama de las redes sociales. Este nuevo...
Comments11/10/2016 #37 Anonymous#36 Hi Kevin, we have already posted the first cooperative buzz https://www.bebee.com/producer/@david-navarro-lopez/whatssapping-emocional-sabes-lo-de-pepe-se-ha-quedao-en-el-paro
This time, we used "colloquial Spanish", so I believe it is going to be difficult for Google translator to give the right sense to the sentences. Considering we are quite happy about the Spanish answer, we are already thinking about making the English version. We will keep you on the loop, as we have found it very interesting, had a lot of fun, and readers had good response to it.10/10/2016 #35 Anonymous#4 Aunque supongo que lo tendrás en cuenta, una vez hemos empezado a publicar, estamos viendo que al haber sólo un autor, al coautor no le llegan las notificaciones de comentarios, relevantes, etc. Supongo que si acabais dando la posibilidad de hacer "shared buzzes", lógicamente habrán tantas notificaciones como coautores hayan. Habrá que ver como los coautores gestionarán las respuestas a esas interacciones.
Dicho de otra manera. Un comentario de una abeja, que no especifique coautor, puede obtener tantas replicas como autores hayan. Algo en que pensar.
Supongo que haber empezado así, "a pelo", nos da la posibilidad de analizar mejor el "que pasaría si..."09/10/2016 #30 Anonymous#29 la locura, hasta finales del siglo XIX, se relacionaba con el rechazo de las normas sociales establecidas.
Pos si , locura es lo que es.
Y si dos memos como nosotros pueden hacer que la gente se vuelva loca,
imagina que pasaría si esas mentes pensantes que corren por aqui en silencio, entrasen al trapo
Por Dieux, he vuelto a decir....trapo OH No!09/10/2016 #29 Mamen 🐝 Delgado#28 ¿He oído trapo?? ¡Dónde hay un trapo que me tiro!!!! 😂
Sin duda sois unos cracks, el estímulo intelectual es algo que nos mantiene despiertos, vivos (o más vivaces diría yo) y repercute en todos los aspectos del resto de nuestra vida. Es la premisa principal para el entendimiento y desde ahí para el conocimiento. Mira, se me acaba de ocurrir un tema para un Producer. Qué gustazo vuestra "locura" que de loca no tiene más que el nombre... 😉09/10/2016 #27 Oscar Montejo RodriguezEspero que esta sana locura en la que tanto @David Navarro López como yo nos hemos metido sirva para dos cosas: concienciarnos de las ilimitadas posibilidades que ofrece la union de más de una mente despierta con algo con decir, y la necesidad de aportar nuevas fórmulas distintas a las ya existentes dentro del mundo de las RRSS, algo por lo que BeBee apuesta de lleno. Seguro que David y yo no habriamos poder realizado esta "locura" en otra red social....09/10/2016 #26 Anonymous#23 Efectivamente, Federico. Sólo estamos a un pasito de darnos cuenta del increible potencial que puede tener actuar realmente como abejas. No "uno a muchos" sino "muchos a muchos"
¿Te imaginas una clase con un gran profesor? ¿y si en lugar de uno fueran muchos los que aportan cada uno lo suyo para dar la misma clase?
Yo he recibido cursos en los que los profesores se preparaban las clases en conjunto, y nos las daban de la misma manera, en la central de ITW en Chicago.
Al cabo del día, estaba totalmente exausto, pero lo que aprendí alli en una semana me hubiese costado un año aprenderlo de otra manera.
La mente humana es lo más complejo del universo. Si fuesemos capaces de dejar a un lado lo que nos estorba para poner a trabajar a la vez muchas mentes en un mismo asunto, el resultado sería grandioso.08/10/2016 #23 Federico 🐝 Álvarez San MartínGenial @David Navarro López y @Oscar Montejo Rodriguez. Ya tenemos la versión inglesa, pero no la española. Deseando ver artículos a dúo en español también. Cualquier aportación es bienvenida siempre. Y como bien dices, el hecho de estar cerca de gente afín une más los lazos, haciendo que el día a día en beBee sea más enriquecedor y haga que comiencen más relaciones estables y fuertes, que nunca he comprobado en otras redes sociales. He aquí la grandeza de la colmena.08/10/2016 #20 Anonymous#17 Pues ya puedes empezar https://www.bebee.com/producer/@david-navarro-lopez/whatssapping-emocional-sabes-lo-de-pepe-se-ha-quedao-en-el-paro
Pero aqui de lo que se trata es de que hemos abierto una linea en la que todos y cada uno podemos aportar algo
La suma de todos es lo que de verdad creemos que puede ser chulo
Animate. Que tú, por lo que te he leido, tienes mucho que aportar08/10/2016 #19 Anonymous#16 Buena aportación, Serafín. Tanto tú como Miguel #2 haceis referencia a la misma cosa: como organizar un multipost. No lo veo tan dificil, en nuestro caso ha sido cosa de ponerse a ello, y te seguro que la conexión ha sido fulminantemente inmediata con @Oscar Montejo Rodriguez , al que que no conozco de absolutaente nada, excepo de lo que le he leido aqui. Fijate en un detalle: se trata de personas con las mismas afinidades. Es como cuando llegas de nuevas a un partido de futbol de barbacoa que ya está empezado. De verdad cuesta tanto entrar al juego y disfrutar? Si te olvidas de tus "titulitis", si todos van en calzones, y lo que les interesa el fútbol, que mas da quen marca el gol? Es mas, a quien le interesa el marcador?
- Producer08/10/2016Manuel García y su nueva obra Las exploraciones: reflexiones poéticas sobre la violenciaLas exploraciones es una reflexión sobre la violencia y el mal, donde víctimas y verdugos forman parte de un paisaje lleno de luz y de sombras, donde la belleza contrasta con la fuerza desgarradora de las acciones. El pasado jueves, 6 de...
- 20/09/2016Congratulations to all new beBee Brand Ambassadors:
Comments21/09/2016 #38 Dean Owen#34 I am not sure @Lisa 🐝 Gallagher. Frederico is working on it. I changed my app store and iTunes store today to Hong Kong to see if the beBee app was available for download there, but I can't find it. I would need an App Store account in the US or Europe to download it.21/09/2016 #36 Lisa 🐝 Gallagher#35 SWEET @Michele Williams! I will DM you and I can put it here too, I have my personal account and I made a twitter account for my stories hive. I can't believe how fast it's grown in just over a month since I created my stories profile. My personal: MiaLis79 beBe- bebee_stories21/09/2016 #35 Michele WilliamsI tweeted this wonderful announcement. @Margaret Aranda, MD, PhD wrote "All us Twitter fans need to keep promoting you!"
I am putting together a list to track all tweets from bees and official bebee tweets. All Bees please DM me with your Twitter handle (@michelewilliamz). Then follow this to catch and retweet the great content from bebee and all its bees: Twitter list - Bebee Buzz http://buff.ly/2d3lThw.
@Renée Cormier @Charlene Burke @debasish majumder @Donald Grandy @John Byler @RAVINDER VIJ @Manish Nair | Research Postgrad @WILLIAM C. BALLARD II @Milos Djukic @David Grinberg @Matt Sweetwood @Santiago Tomás Bellomo, @Victoria Lewin, @Samantha Appleyard, @Ray Looker @Vincent King @Bill SerGio The Infomercial King, @Mamen Delgado, @Franci Eugenia Hoffman @Paul "Pablo" Croubalian @Lisa Gallagher @Matt Sweetwood @David Grinberg, @Milos Djukic @Juan Imaz @Javier beBee @John White, MBA @Margaret Aranda, MD, PHD21/09/2016 #28 Anonymous#27 Thank you @David B. Grinberg, my dear friend. Your kindness is beyond doubt, but your speciality is a perfect strategic communication. These two skills are incredibly rare, particularly in social media, beBee should take this into account. Tell people you are great while they are "alive". Kind Regards, Milos21/09/2016 #27 David B. GrinbergMany congratulations to ALL the new ambassadors, this is great news @Javier 🐝 beBee and @John White, MBA ! I especially want to recognize my long-time dear friend @Milos Djukic (who I like to refer to as the "Brilliant Mind of Belgrade"). I also want to recognize @Pascal Derrien and @Deb 🐝 Helfrich, both of whom I have had the pleasure of interacting with here and on LinkedOut. Lastly, kudos to @Ashley Marie Taylor, who can hopefully bring more Millennials and members of Gen Z to beBee so that we can grow this important demographic of young people.
- 17/09/2016With his permission: One of our own Bees: @Kevin Pashuk performing House of the Rising Sun! Thanks Kevin!Rainsong WS200 - House of the Rising Sun Impromptu Cover This video was an impromptu session where I took a break from yardwork (hence the hat) grabbed my guitar to try and teach my son about not being 'tentative'...
- 01/09/2016Just got notification that my first month at Blasting News was to finish on a high note as I've been awarded the Golden Pen Award from their news agency. This award is given to a writer that produces the best content and attracts the most readers. It's a very high honor. I'm delighted, overwhelmed, shocked and surprised, and supremely excited for my future here.
- 22/07/2016We are proud that our new paper about hydrogen embrittlement in steels titled: "Hydrogen Embrittlement of Industrial Components: Prediction, Prevention, and Models" (July 2016) was promoted in CORROSION Jourmal by NACE International, The Worldwide Corrosion Authority.CorrosionJournal on Twittertwitter.com “Preventing hydrogen embrittlement in power plants and more, by @milosdjukic011...
Comments15/08/2016 #16 Anonymous#14 I value the trust you have put into me @Phil Friedman and will work hard to maintain it.I am most grateful for your support, my friend. You are right. The most obvious problem is how to link models, phenomenology and morphology of hydrogen-related failures of industrial components at different scales and how to successful translate the insights gained into outcomes of practical value to the engineering community. This is an applied science, which is quite rare in the field of hydrogen degradation of structural materials. The proposed model is practical for use as a predictive maintenance of Industrial components, since it is based on the use of standard macro mechanical tests..15/08/2016 #14 Phil FriedmanNot generally at the forefront of sexy engineering and science, Predictive Modeling of corrosion and other forms of degradation in critical machinery is, to my mind, one of the most important and fruitful areas to be working in -- at least based on a benefit/cost ratio. The gains in maintenance scheduling and the avoidance of catastrophic failures in critical machinery have to be enormous. Well done, @Milos Djukic. It is an honor to have you as a fellow writer and friend. Kudos, and cheers!15/08/2016 #12 Anonymous“Professor Milos Djukic, et al., presented a modeling approach that can be applied to industrial boiler tube systems, in a paper titled, “Hydrogen Embrittlement of Industrial Components: Prediction, Prevention, and Models.” This paper focuses on predictive models for the hydrogen embrittlement of plain carbon steels used in industrial boiler systems. Correlations between microstructure, fractographic observations, and macro-mechanical testing data are used to propose a model enabling enhanced predictive maintenance of industrial component systems. Crack formation and growth due to hydrogen embrittlement (HE) and high-temperature hydrogen attack (HTHA) are both addressed.“
– from EDITORIAL, CORROSION Journal, Vol. 72, Issue 7 (July 2016), 2015 Research Topical Symposium Proceedings – “Environmentally Assisted Cracking” by @Christopher Taylor. (http://corrosionjournal.org/doi/full/10.5006/2144)15/08/2016 #11 Anonymous#8 Thank you dear @Pamela 🐝 Williams, We are proud that this paper: titled: “Hydrogen Embrittlement of Industrial Components: Prediction, Prevention and Models” published in CORROSION Journal is featured in one of the latest edition of Kudos Spotlights. (https://blog.growkudos.com/2016/04/19/kudos-spotlights-6/)15/08/2016 #9 Anonymous#7 Light Feather @Gert Scholtz, thank you :) My friend and a great scientist @Christopher Taylor, helped me a lot since he invited me to present an invited lecture together with Angelique Lasseigne at the NACE International CORROSION 2015 Conference, Dallas, USA, March 15-19, 2015 – within Research Topical Symposium (RTS): “Environmentally Assisted Cracking”. The RTS is the annual symposium organized by NACE research committee with a focus on topical issues of present scientific significance. All presentations at the RTS are invited contributions, with speakers and authors coming from government, academia, and corporations all over the world to present at NACE's annual conference..Sometime later this lecture have been printed as a review-research paper in a special issue of CORROSION Journal, Research Topical Symposium Proceedings – “Environmentally Assisted Cracking”.
- Producer12/08/2016A Milestone - #100!Webster defines a milestone as “An important point in the progress or development of something; a very important event or advance.” This post is an important point for me as it is my 100th continuous weekly blog post. There were some weeks when I...
Comments15/08/2016 #6 Mamen 🐝 DelgadoCongrats @John Whitehead for your archivement!!! As soon as I can I'll have a look to the other 99 posts. ;) I have a little problem with "continuity", it's hard for me to keep continuity on whatever I start, so you have all my admiration for your accomplishment. Thanks for sharing, very inspiring!!13/08/2016 #5 Lisa 🐝 Gallagher#4 Thanks for the compliment @John Whitehead. Believe it or not- I'm not able to create on a consistent basis as I'd like to. I have weeks where there is so much going on, it feels as though my brain doesn't have the patience to put my thoughts together rationally. This week has been one of those weeks so far! Kind of you to say :))12/08/2016 #1 Sara JacoboviciCongratulations @John Whitehead! Beautifully written, for example, "...a place for me to record my journey of change and transformation." Your weekly blog posts are witnesses of your journey, change and transformation. Inspiring to hear your success and wishing you continued success in the years ahead!
Great quote regarding transitions. I would like to share with you a post that I wrote on transitions. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/transitions-bridges-time-sara-jacobovici?trk=mp-reader-card
Thanks for sharing your 100th post John. Looking forward to reading the next hundred.