- Producer12/12/2017How to Improve Productivity at the WorkplaceThe main aim of starting a business is getting the best out of it regarding profit and sales. Hence, as an entrepreneur, you ought to practice various strategies to ensure your company maintains steady performance. Below are ways to improve your...
- Producer12/12/2017THE 4 POINTS OF STRATEGY FOR EVERY OPERATIONWe’re nearing the end of the year.It always seems to be the best time to reflect on what you’ve accomplished and what still needs work.It’s an excellent time to plan your goals and the strategy for hitting those targets for the upcoming year – 2018...
- Producer09/12/2017Strategy: A Simple And Usable DefinitionI have observed that when I speak of “Strategy” with most business people, it flies right past them as either a clichéd term or a concept that is only employed by those in higher management positions.My Definition of StrategyA wise use of existing...
Comments09/12/2017 #2 Paul "Pablo" CroubalianInteresting how the definition of "strategy" differs with the individual. To me, "strategy" is the actual setting of "important objectives and goals" as well as a general method to achieve them. The details of implementing the strategy are what I call "tactics."
To me, strategy revolves around broad objectives and general paths to desired ends. Tactics are what the boots-on-the-ground do to implement the strategy.
It also breaks strategy into strategy+tactics making it easier to get points across and get buy-in from different levels within an organization
- Producer07/12/2017How Multimedia Can Take Your Website to Google’s First PageYour website has been built and is now accessible online. You have said: I will upload a few articles, blog posts, and a few images and wait. My site will start ranking, all by itself. If this sounds like you, you certainly need a better strategy....
- Producer06/12/2017Andres Mejia of McKinsey & Co.: Thought Leadership TipsAndres Mejia of McKinsey & Co.: Educated ProfessionalAndres Mejia is an educated entrepreneur who worked as an Organization Solutions Expert with McKinsey & Co. until 2017. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering from...
- Producer05/12/2017#InternetofThings #Strategy You Should Consider for Effective #BusinessThe concept of the internet of things (IoT) officially made the rounds online just before the turn of the 21st century. IoT refers to any device that can connect to the internet and transfer collected data to other internet-connected devices. Some...
- Producer20/11/2017Semi-Autonomous Cars Are Getting Smarter But Not GeniusIf you ever were driving at the exact time when a thunderstorm started right before you, you probably had almost zero visibility, a felt the road become slick and slippery and felt a bit scared. A number of people even panic and let go of the wheel...
- Producer18/11/2017Leaders, What Culture Are You Prepared To Tolerate?Company foundersCelebrity actorsFamous comicsAnd now Government officials and Senators.In many of these situations what has quickly followed the apologies (in some cases), the contrition (in too few cases) or the steadfast denial (unbelievably) is...
- Producer11/11/2017Get Creative with Different Types of Pre-Inked Rubber StampsRubber stamps have been in use since time immemorial, especially for sealing important documents. Traditionally, rubber stamps were meant for official use; to mark the company profile on documents. However, this is beginning to change as more...
- Producer06/11/2017You've Had Some Negative Publicity. Now What?Nearly every company has to contend with negative publicity from time to time. In some cases, it's relatively minor - a bad online review. In others, a serious transgression might have been committed, and customers are leaving left and right. No...
- Producer30/10/2017Personal Branding: Why It Is Important To Develop CompetenceNothing will build your personal brand more than diligent development and promotion of your competence.Why is personal branding so important these days? With the flood of competitors and talking heads across social media, it is vital that you stand...
Comments01/11/2017 #9 Lisa 🐝 GallagherGreat points about Personal branding @Edwin Dearborn. "Competent people attract great opportunities," Most of the time this is certainly true. Competence without arrogance is key. I just landed a great opportunity through my writing, updating my resume and yes, competence.
- Producer31/10/2017Don’t Scare Away your Prospects with these Creepy Marketing TacticsIt’s that time of year again when kids go around town in their best costumes to ask candy from neighbors, college students hitting coffee shops to quench their annual thirst for pumpkin spice, and when a group of teens unknowingly summoned an...
- Producer27/10/2017David M. Daggett CPA: Tips to Help You Start Your Own NonprofitAfter his wife was diagnosed in 2008 with thyroid cancer, DavidM. Daggett, CPA felt like he had to do something to help other people going through the same experience. His wife has since fully recovered, and from their experience, they started a...
Comments27/10/2017 #1 Phil FriedmanWith all due respect, David, I suggest that, as a CPA, you should point out that non-profit status does not necessarily mean that a company is also charitable. Non-profit status can be secured in many states as a simple election at the time of incorporation and may, at times, be employed in a manner that has little resemblance to any form of public service or charity -- for example, a private non-profit may be paying its executives and other employees outrageously high salaries and associated compensation. And surely the public should be warned to look for IRS 501c(3) status in the U.S. before assuming that a given non-profit corporation is, in fact, also a charitable organization. Cheers!
- Producer20 Emotional Intelligence Interview QuestionsThis is a repost of my December, 2014 blog that has received over 36,000 views. Edit article Hiring and Promoting Emotional Intelligence During a recent talk at the MIT Aeronautics and...
Comments28/10/2017 #3 Claire L Cardwell@Phil 🐝 Johnson, MBL and Brand Ambassador @beBee - great article, I don't think I every got asked any of those questions when I was in the corporate world about 100 years ago! On top of teaching emotional intelligence in school I also think that meditation and mindfulness should be taught. Too often children whose minds are over-stimulated are fed sedative drugs instead of being shown how to naturally calm themselves down and re-balance.
- Producer25/10/2017Expanding Your New Business By Using Promotional ProductsOne of the hurdles new businesses must inevitably face is getting their product or services to their targeted market, and along with the how, who, and the where of advertising, they must find funds to achieve it, which isn’t always a...
- Producer23/10/2017An Ego Boost or Self Delusion?Note: I recently met a gentleman named Carl Dierschow, who owns/runs a consulting company called "Small Fish Business Consulting" (email@example.com) We had a great discussion centered around our philosophy, what we do and the services we...
- Producer23/10/2017Continuous Improvement Strategies: What to do depends on where you areImage: Construction of the Steve Jobs Theater, Apple "Mothership," new headquarters Cupertino, California I was talking with Bill, an executive at a construction firm. “I’ve been reading...
Comments24/10/2017 #14 Alan Culler#12 Thanks, @Don Philpott☘️
The other misuse of the word "process" is when it becomes an excuse for not making one's goals -"Yeah we only produced half of what we intended, but 'you know 'it's a process'" -makes me crazy. -it should be about simplicity and commitment. :-)24/10/2017 #4 Joanne GardockiConstruction is definitely a collaborative undertaking. Continuous Improvement Strategies can be applied from small individual growth up to and including the biggest big picture you can imagine. Alan does a great job of building a framework for assessment of CI initiatives and includes a reference to a previous roadmap article.23/10/2017 #3 Joanne GardockiGreat buzz, @Alan Culler. I really like using building construction as a base for the discussion. I love it when my eyes light up with places I can share buzzes and I will archive a copy for myself. Definitely rich complex honey. Thank you. #1 I absolutely agree, @Ali 🐝 Anani, Brand Ambassador @beBee.
- Producer17/10/2017Andres Mejia of McKinsey & Co.: Contributing to Reconstruction EffortsWhen Andres Mejia of McKinsey & Co. lived in New York, he became involved in the reconstruction efforts after 9/11. Andres Mejia of McKinsey also helped efforts in southern Texas after Hurricane Ike and in Haiti after the devastating...
- Producer28/09/2017Facebook wants to be the best alternative to LinkedInFacebook wants to be the best alternative to LinkedIn. Facebook wants to become the only platform you spend your time on. It swallowed Instagram, it swallowed WhatsApp, it’s strangling Twitter and it’s trying to strangle Snapchat. During the past...
Comments01/10/2017 #70 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand Ambassador#69 Jaja, I am not worried, nor did I misunderstand the meaning of your intent. Social media tools can easily become double blade. However for tech savvy like me we know our ways around to get users life easier, thanks to opensource community. I help government agencies and National TV broadcasters in the educative mission to vulgarize software and web based technologies, including mobiles. The famous 3-5 minutes format showcase. FB can be tamed.lol01/10/2017 #68 Franci🐝Eugenia Hoffman, beBee Brand AmbassadorIt takes innovation, time and patience. We must stay strong and look at the long-term picture. Quality over quantity. Analyze current strategies and trends - take a step back to see what's working and what's not working. Respect and promote each other and the beBee brand. Share, share and share across all platforms. FB started in 2004 and beBee is still young so we need to put the push on. There is an abundance of talent on beBee and I feel we can make this work.01/10/2017 #67 AnonymousSome changes, updates, outcomes and improvements are required. Also, careful analysis of current trends, statistics, key performance indicators, marketing strategy and future measures for sustainable development. People also expect both the social and the business components.30/09/2017 #66 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand Ambassador#65 OKay Mamen, no hurry. I am still around.jajajaja. It would be a pleasure and honor. And from your end, a few innovation's scoops in Exclusive. My friends and I have launched start-ups from beBee affinity networks...si si, de verdad, you can interview them also if you wish hahaha. It is incredible what can happen on beBee!30/09/2017 #63 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand AmbassadorFacebook isn't a for, it is if I may say so, full of friends waiting for us to tell them. Story + a call to action. Facebook is full of friends with no affinities, now beBee Affinity database can fin it's way to build relationships up to....friendship.30/09/2017 #62 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand AmbassadorInnovations take time. Give it to the team and let's keep the faith and our user's loyalty. With the human short memory attention span, re-branding and re-building on specific segments of population is still possible. Now we all hope that future enhancement will not be a catch up after competition's features. That would be a hell of disappointement and a fall back to aficionados. Meanwhile @Lance 🐝 Scoular we can conduct and perform meaningful innovative initiatives bringing new users to beBee. Won't take much a trimester to beta test an finally launch a beBee new version. The perfect x-mas gift!30/09/2017 #60 Noemi Barrazueta, MBA#54 Thank you @Lance 🐝 Scoular for tagging me on your comment. I just want to say thank you for introducing me to this platform, you're doing an amazing work promoting and serving as a beBee Ambassador - I'm pretty sure @Javier 🐝 beBee, @David B. Grinberg and all the beBee team are proud to have you as an Ambassador.
Since I've joined beBee, I've been lucky to meet many amazing people and I'm looking forward to meeting many more wonderful Bees, please feel free connect and say 'Hi'.
Have a great weekend!
Note: Hablo Ingles, Espanol y tambien entiendo un poco de Italiano y Portugues :)30/09/2017 #59 Lance 🐝 ScoularPART 6 and FINAL
As engaging, friendly, supportive and encouraging as
@Javier 🐝 beBee
@John White, MBA
@Federico 🐝 Álvarez San Martín
and the rest if the beBee team are, I believe that, at present, if we collectively can attract the needed younger generations to beBee, they will not hang around long enough to experince the beBee cullture, before buzzing off to find what they percieve to be greener pastures.
-IT MAY TAKE LONGER THAN 3 SECONDS TO DISENGAGE
- BUT THEY WILL DISENGAGE.
I trust that I, together with all the beBee community, can speedily effect the necessary enhacements to progress beBee onwards and upwards, buzzing to new hights and continuing success.
from my 📱
FINI30/09/2017 #58 Lance 🐝 ScoularPART 5
*** If I as a 68 year old wrinkly, who LOVES beBee, feels hamstrung and frustrated, how do you think a 16 year old entrepreneur, used to Snapchat and Instagram, who wants to engage with mature business people and mentors on beBee, yet finds the infrastructure is less than user friendly.
I am reasonably forbearing and patient.
I suspect Millenials are not.
continued PART 630/09/2017 #55 Lance 🐝 ScoularContinued PART 4
9) Some critical issues I believe beBee needs to address.
- From my understanding, the beBee userbase has not rissen markedly in the year compared to the first years.
- Speed of incremental improvements needs to increase.
- Actions not vague or unkept promises are required.
- Specifically, Live Buzz, to my experience has not improved sufficiently since its release a year ago.
-Live Buzz would be my prefered means tlar to Snivartphone, like MIr on my phone's keypad.
- video definition leaves a lot to be desired.
- still no zoom which Snapchat has.
- no download of the produced video to repurpose on phone or computer.
- On Snapchat I created Memories - My Story in real time, saved it to Gallery on my phone and could then Tweet it, as well as upload it to my YouTube channel.
- ALL from my phone, wherever I was.
- I cannot do this on beBee
- Live Buzz content can't be viewed by a non beBee member.
Continued PART 530/09/2017 #54 Lance 🐝 ScoularContinued PART 3
8) I joined beBee in July 2016, on the invitation of @David B. Grinberg
who I now count as a (virtual) friend.
- I spent some time exploring beBee and viewing content.
- I then commenced using Producer with some articles adapted from LinkedIn long form articles.
-I also started to promote beBee on Snapchat using innovative graphics and 10 second videos.
- I created two multimedia projects utilising text, graphics and/or video for multichannel publishing primarily on beBee, Snapchat and YouTube then shared on Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Social Media Cross-Pollination Enhanced with beBee Oct 13, 2016
- Things Your Smartphone Replaced or Will Replace In The Future Oct 27, 2016 https://www.bebee.com/producer/@lancescoular/things-your-smartphone-replaced-or-will-replace-in-the-future
- As I gained confidence with beBee I started to refer people who sent me Linkedin invitations (I recieve about 5-10 per day mainly from my various Twitter handles) to my most viewed beBee article:
"10 Reasons Social Media Won’t Work For Your Small Business" http://dld.bz/ffW5U .
A recent beBee member who travelled my convoluted beBee marketing funnel (Twitter > LinkedIn > beBee) is my Spanish speaking, fellow Aussie Sydneysider, @Noemi Barrazueta, MBA
who has quickly embraced the beBee culture and has contributed #42 below.
Continued PART 430/09/2017 #53 Lance 🐝 ScoularContinued PART 2
6) The MARKET will determine whether or not beBee SURVIVES.
7) I researched Snapchat for a month last year, via online articles and YouTube, to determine whetherke me could engage as a content marketer (predominantly video and graphics) before joining Snapchat early April 2016.
I then spent a month following well known marketers to see how they were engaging the predominently 13-24 age group.
I then started "doing my thing" and gradually built a substantial following (which is not a particularly easy thing on Snapchat) and "learned on the job" from savvy YOUNGSTERS, how to better engage.
UNFORTUNATELY, I had to drop my Snapchat involvement early this year as as I felt I needed to devote more time, effort and resources to BEBEE.
***I hope I made the right decision***
Why do I say this?
During my 10 months, actively using Snapchat (not an ambassador or investor in Snapchat)
- I was asked to be a beta tester.
- new or updated features were regularly realeased, generally for the better.
- there were crashes and user issues but resolution processes worked well.
- many users helped me when I stuffed things up and in turn I helped other users with their Snapchat issues.
- this was enabled via PEER to PEER contact via TEXT, VOICE and real time VIDEO - ON MY PHONE on Snapchat.
- Using the independent app Ghostcodes, I could guage the increasing user base of Snapchat users and also what other sopchat. (beBee is not an optional display on Ghostcodes)
Continued PART 330/09/2017 #51 Lance 🐝 ScoularPART 1
1) I agree with much of the sentiments of both the article and the commentstors below.
2) I LOVE beBee and the beBee community and the supportive nature within it.
3) I have worked in the social media aspect with a number of start-ups here in Australia and 1 mature company as an investor of TIME my NETWORK resources but NOT MONEY, as well as a "brand ambassador" for them.
Some have failed, others have flatlined.
4) Like the comentators below I want beBee to SUCCEED.
I don't count myself an expert on the article's subject matter or the comments I share below.
However, I have growing concerns for the ongoing viability of beBee competing with Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat and more to the point, NEW DISRUPTIVE platforms that will no doubt come along.
(Abraham Lincoln's success, in part was NOT to have "yes men" surround him.
I trust @Juan Imaz
and @Javier 🐝 beBee
have similar attributes and will take my points as constructive and in the BEST interests of beBee.)
5) Like LI, FB, TW, SC and INST, beBee is a business.
It has to provide VALUE to its shareholders, investors (which includes brand ambassadors - investing time and resources), advertisers and members - who are also investing their time and resources.
Everyone looks for RETURN ON INVESTMENT (ROI) in some form or other.
Continued PART 229/09/2017 #50 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand Ambassador#49 @Mamen 🐝 Delgado don't do that, jajaja...there are many ways to limitate FB features invasions and countestrike by draining their audience to ours. I will show you how and the tools when you have time; In the meantime check this (taking advantage of FB to drain their audience to MybeBeeTV: https://www.facebook.com/groups/710567269127414 ) By the way, I am ready when you are for our September's interview we talk about long time ago. You just need a webcam + a laptop + send me your email or skype ID inbox so i can invite you to a Live streaming session. We will invcentive FB users worldwide to join beBee together.
Boosting the economy and local businesses
Videos of Michael Shuman in english
- Producer25/09/2017Importance of Cyber Security Now and in The Future1. There is more to Cyber ThreatsTypically, cybercriminals are not interested in disrupting services. Most attackers are criminals after a paycheck. Attackers can steal identities, defraud tax authorities, rob banks, or commit insurance fraud....
- Producer25/09/2017How to Increase the Technology in Your CompanyLet’s face it, no business can deliver or market its products or services efficiently without making use of technology. Businesses that embrace this fact are the ones that survive and shape the world. Companies are compelled to integrate new...
- Producer12/09/2017How Successful Businesses Stay On TopWith a fresh generation of adult consumers hitting the market, businesses in every industry need to exercise certain powerful practices to stay on top. While there are many of things about the business world that have changed in the past decade,...
- Producer31/08/2017Your Essence Creates Access: How Experts can Grow their Practice from their JellyIn 2006, one of the fastest-growing businesses in the weight-loss industry began. It was the Tony Ferguson Weight Loss Program, started by Tony Ferguson himself in his Parramatta store. The night A Current Affair aired a story about how so many...
Business Strategy6K buzzes