- Producer17/10/2017Andres Mejia of McKinsey & Co.: Contributing to Reconstruction EffortsWhen Andres Mejia of McKinsey & Co. lived in New York, he became involved in the reconstruction efforts after 9/11. Andres Mejia of McKinsey also helped efforts in southern Texas after Hurricane Ike and in Haiti after the devastating...
- Producer28/09/2017Facebook wants to be the best alternative to LinkedInFacebook wants to be the best alternative to LinkedIn. Facebook wants to become the only platform you spend your time on. It swallowed Instagram, it swallowed WhatsApp, it’s strangling Twitter and it’s trying to strangle Snapchat. During the past...
Comments01/10/2017 #70 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand Ambassador#69 Jaja, I am not worried, nor did I misunderstand the meaning of your intent. Social media tools can easily become double blade. However for tech savvy like me we know our ways around to get users life easier, thanks to opensource community. I help government agencies and National TV broadcasters in the educative mission to vulgarize software and web based technologies, including mobiles. The famous 3-5 minutes format showcase. FB can be tamed.lol01/10/2017 #68 Franci🐝Eugenia Hoffman, beBee Brand AmbassadorIt takes innovation, time and patience. We must stay strong and look at the long-term picture. Quality over quantity. Analyze current strategies and trends - take a step back to see what's working and what's not working. Respect and promote each other and the beBee brand. Share, share and share across all platforms. FB started in 2004 and beBee is still young so we need to put the push on. There is an abundance of talent on beBee and I feel we can make this work.01/10/2017 #67 AnonymousSome changes, updates, outcomes and improvements are required. Also, careful analysis of current trends, statistics, key performance indicators, marketing strategy and future measures for sustainable development. People also expect both the social and the business components.30/09/2017 #66 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand Ambassador#65 OKay Mamen, no hurry. I am still around.jajajaja. It would be a pleasure and honor. And from your end, a few innovation's scoops in Exclusive. My friends and I have launched start-ups from beBee affinity networks...si si, de verdad, you can interview them also if you wish hahaha. It is incredible what can happen on beBee!30/09/2017 #63 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand AmbassadorFacebook isn't a for, it is if I may say so, full of friends waiting for us to tell them. Story + a call to action. Facebook is full of friends with no affinities, now beBee Affinity database can fin it's way to build relationships up to....friendship.30/09/2017 #62 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand AmbassadorInnovations take time. Give it to the team and let's keep the faith and our user's loyalty. With the human short memory attention span, re-branding and re-building on specific segments of population is still possible. Now we all hope that future enhancement will not be a catch up after competition's features. That would be a hell of disappointement and a fall back to aficionados. Meanwhile @Lance 🐝 Scoular we can conduct and perform meaningful innovative initiatives bringing new users to beBee. Won't take much a trimester to beta test an finally launch a beBee new version. The perfect x-mas gift!30/09/2017 #60 Noemi Barrazueta, MBA#54 Thank you @Lance 🐝 Scoular for tagging me on your comment. I just want to say thank you for introducing me to this platform, you're doing an amazing work promoting and serving as a beBee Ambassador - I'm pretty sure @Javier 🐝 beBee, @David B. Grinberg and all the beBee team are proud to have you as an Ambassador.
Since I've joined beBee, I've been lucky to meet many amazing people and I'm looking forward to meeting many more wonderful Bees, please feel free connect and say 'Hi'.
Have a great weekend!
Note: Hablo Ingles, Espanol y tambien entiendo un poco de Italiano y Portugues :)30/09/2017 #59 Lance 🐝 ScoularPART 6 and FINAL
As engaging, friendly, supportive and encouraging as
@Javier 🐝 beBee
@Matt 🐝 Sweetwood
@John White, MBA
@Federico 🐝 Álvarez San Martín
and the rest if the beBee team are, I believe that, at present, if we collectively can attract the needed younger generations to beBee, they will not hang around long enough to experince the beBee cullture, before buzzing off to find what they percieve to be greener pastures.
-IT MAY TAKE LONGER THAN 3 SECONDS TO DISENGAGE
- BUT THEY WILL DISENGAGE.
I trust that I, together with all the beBee community, can speedily effect the necessary enhacements to progress beBee onwards and upwards, buzzing to new hights and continuing success.
from my 📱
FINI30/09/2017 #58 Lance 🐝 ScoularPART 5
*** If I as a 68 year old wrinkly, who LOVES beBee, feels hamstrung and frustrated, how do you think a 16 year old entrepreneur, used to Snapchat and Instagram, who wants to engage with mature business people and mentors on beBee, yet finds the infrastructure is less than user friendly.
I am reasonably forbearing and patient.
I suspect Millenials are not.
continued PART 630/09/2017 #55 Lance 🐝 ScoularContinued PART 4
9) Some critical issues I believe beBee needs to address.
- From my understanding, the beBee userbase has not rissen markedly in the year compared to the first years.
- Speed of incremental improvements needs to increase.
- Actions not vague or unkept promises are required.
- Specifically, Live Buzz, to my experience has not improved sufficiently since its release a year ago.
-Live Buzz would be my prefered means tlar to Snivartphone, like MIr on my phone's keypad.
- video definition leaves a lot to be desired.
- still no zoom which Snapchat has.
- no download of the produced video to repurpose on phone or computer.
- On Snapchat I created Memories - My Story in real time, saved it to Gallery on my phone and could then Tweet it, as well as upload it to my YouTube channel.
- ALL from my phone, wherever I was.
- I cannot do this on beBee
- Live Buzz content can't be viewed by a non beBee member.
Continued PART 530/09/2017 #54 Lance 🐝 ScoularContinued PART 3
8) I joined beBee in July 2016, on the invitation of @David B. Grinberg
who I now count as a (virtual) friend.
- I spent some time exploring beBee and viewing content.
- I then commenced using Producer with some articles adapted from LinkedIn long form articles.
-I also started to promote beBee on Snapchat using innovative graphics and 10 second videos.
- I created two multimedia projects utilising text, graphics and/or video for multichannel publishing primarily on beBee, Snapchat and YouTube then shared on Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Social Media Cross-Pollination Enhanced with beBee Oct 13, 2016
- Things Your Smartphone Replaced or Will Replace In The Future Oct 27, 2016 https://www.bebee.com/producer/@lancescoular/things-your-smartphone-replaced-or-will-replace-in-the-future
- As I gained confidence with beBee I started to refer people who sent me Linkedin invitations (I recieve about 5-10 per day mainly from my various Twitter handles) to my most viewed beBee article:
"10 Reasons Social Media Won’t Work For Your Small Business" http://dld.bz/ffW5U .
A recent beBee member who travelled my convoluted beBee marketing funnel (Twitter > LinkedIn > beBee) is my Spanish speaking, fellow Aussie Sydneysider, @Noemi Barrazueta, MBA
who has quickly embraced the beBee culture and has contributed #42 below.
Continued PART 430/09/2017 #53 Lance 🐝 ScoularContinued PART 2
6) The MARKET will determine whether or not beBee SURVIVES.
7) I researched Snapchat for a month last year, via online articles and YouTube, to determine whetherke me could engage as a content marketer (predominantly video and graphics) before joining Snapchat early April 2016.
I then spent a month following well known marketers to see how they were engaging the predominently 13-24 age group.
I then started "doing my thing" and gradually built a substantial following (which is not a particularly easy thing on Snapchat) and "learned on the job" from savvy YOUNGSTERS, how to better engage.
UNFORTUNATELY, I had to drop my Snapchat involvement early this year as as I felt I needed to devote more time, effort and resources to BEBEE.
***I hope I made the right decision***
Why do I say this?
During my 10 months, actively using Snapchat (not an ambassador or investor in Snapchat)
- I was asked to be a beta tester.
- new or updated features were regularly realeased, generally for the better.
- there were crashes and user issues but resolution processes worked well.
- many users helped me when I stuffed things up and in turn I helped other users with their Snapchat issues.
- this was enabled via PEER to PEER contact via TEXT, VOICE and real time VIDEO - ON MY PHONE on Snapchat.
- Using the independent app Ghostcodes, I could guage the increasing user base of Snapchat users and also what other sopchat. (beBee is not an optional display on Ghostcodes)
Continued PART 330/09/2017 #51 Lance 🐝 ScoularPART 1
1) I agree with much of the sentiments of both the article and the commentstors below.
2) I LOVE beBee and the beBee community and the supportive nature within it.
3) I have worked in the social media aspect with a number of start-ups here in Australia and 1 mature company as an investor of TIME my NETWORK resources but NOT MONEY, as well as a "brand ambassador" for them.
Some have failed, others have flatlined.
4) Like the comentators below I want beBee to SUCCEED.
I don't count myself an expert on the article's subject matter or the comments I share below.
However, I have growing concerns for the ongoing viability of beBee competing with Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat and more to the point, NEW DISRUPTIVE platforms that will no doubt come along.
(Abraham Lincoln's success, in part was NOT to have "yes men" surround him.
I trust @Juan Imaz
and @Javier 🐝 beBee
have similar attributes and will take my points as constructive and in the BEST interests of beBee.)
5) Like LI, FB, TW, SC and INST, beBee is a business.
It has to provide VALUE to its shareholders, investors (which includes brand ambassadors - investing time and resources), advertisers and members - who are also investing their time and resources.
Everyone looks for RETURN ON INVESTMENT (ROI) in some form or other.
Continued PART 229/09/2017 #50 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand Ambassador#49 @Mamen 🐝 Delgado don't do that, jajaja...there are many ways to limitate FB features invasions and countestrike by draining their audience to ours. I will show you how and the tools when you have time; In the meantime check this (taking advantage of FB to drain their audience to MybeBeeTV: https://www.facebook.com/groups/710567269127414 ) By the way, I am ready when you are for our September's interview we talk about long time ago. You just need a webcam + a laptop + send me your email or skype ID inbox so i can invite you to a Live streaming session. We will invcentive FB users worldwide to join beBee together.
Boosting the economy and local businesses
Videos of Michael Shuman in english
- Producer25/09/2017Importance of Cyber Security Now and in The Future1. There is more to Cyber ThreatsTypically, cybercriminals are not interested in disrupting services. Most attackers are criminals after a paycheck. Attackers can steal identities, defraud tax authorities, rob banks, or commit insurance fraud....
- Producer25/09/2017How to Increase the Technology in Your CompanyLet’s face it, no business can deliver or market its products or services efficiently without making use of technology. Businesses that embrace this fact are the ones that survive and shape the world. Companies are compelled to integrate new...
- Producer12/09/2017How Successful Businesses Stay On TopWith a fresh generation of adult consumers hitting the market, businesses in every industry need to exercise certain powerful practices to stay on top. While there are many of things about the business world that have changed in the past decade,...
- Producer31/08/2017Your Essence Creates Access: How Experts can Grow their Practice from their JellyIn 2006, one of the fastest-growing businesses in the weight-loss industry began. It was the Tony Ferguson Weight Loss Program, started by Tony Ferguson himself in his Parramatta store. The night A Current Affair aired a story about how so many...
- Producer30/08/2017Questions to help you mind your business... Question #6Question #6: : Why can’t employees just do what I tell them? This is the sixth in a series of thoughts and opinions by Graham Edwards and Renée Cormier — click here to read the backstory and inspiration (if only for the entertainment). It should be...
Comments02/10/2017 #4 Pamela 🐝 WilliamsThere's an old article from the Harvard business review that was once sent to me by a manager so I would better understand the philosophy of upper management. It was called "Monkey on your Back". Let's just say I risked my job by my response to that article. First and foremost; I was their employee not their 'subordinate'. I despise that word with a passion, translating it as Sub - Ordinary... below ordinary, not as good as 'them' and the second point; As upper management and Owners, all problems were their problems and if my asking for their input meant they considered it my putting the monkey on their back, well tough noogies. I made them millions...put on your big boy pants and deal with it.
If you want a big laugh , read that piece of garbage. !
Great post, Agree with both of you...which was pretty close considering no collaboration.
- 22/11/2016Generating leads for your software company would be impossible if you’re not willing to shell out a huge amount of money. So how can a software company generate more leads with a small budget? Is it even possible? Yes! Check out some reassuring facts.Generating Software Leads in Australia with a Small Budgetwww.callboxinc.com.au Now we go to the all-important question: How can a software company generate more software leads with a small budget? Is it even possible?...
- 30/08/2017My presentation at FARCON is now live. Follow the link to see the slides and video.FARCON Presentation Now Livecyberiandata.com Last week I presented at FARCON 2017. It was a good conference with a lot of new ideas coming forward. Some of those ideas where in my presentation that I gave at the end of the day. A...
- Producer26/08/2017Business Collaboration - Starting The ProcessIn this article, which is a continuation of my first buzz highlighting the current statistics on business collaboration in Europe, I will be outlining certain methods of how collaboration starts. In addition to this, if you are seeking this form of...
- 25/08/2017Excellent & gutsy essay on what's wrong with diversity in tech, how feminist outrage is NOT helping, and what we can do to fix the problem in a far healthier and less divisive manner. Hopefully without anyone else getting fired for speaking their mind, whether one disagrees with it or not.I’m An Ex-Google Woman Tech Leader And I’m Sick Of Our Approach To Diversity!medium.com We must stop fucking it up for the amazing women in...
- 25/08/2017My Thoughts on FARCON 2017cyberiandata.com Yesterday, Augst 24th, was FARCON 2017. FARCON stands for Financial services And Retail Conference, which is mainly focused on various forms of analytics in these industries. I have...
- Producer24/08/2017Ecommerce Needs Big Data to Gain More SuccessAs more and more consumers are turning to the web to buy goods and services, e-commerce companies are struggling to make sense of the data received when someone purchases goods and services. Massive amounts of data collected are great for a company,...
Comments25/08/2017 #2 Numo QuestVery constructive publish. Regretfully I am missing a most important aspect here not mentioned. Roughly 45% of generic Big Data is flawed by incorrect entry, by deliberate flawed data, bias, commercial presentation, mirepresentation, bias statistics and surveys. Often this warning is repeated, I know, not commercially desired, yet a very important aspect of Big Data that in fact makes Big Data a hazardous product. Since there is no way to determine what part of the Big Data is useless, all commercial use of generic Big Data is a pretty unstable endeavor, wouldn't you say?
- Producer21/08/2017Shadow IT: Friend or Foe?Shadow or stealth IT doesn’t really lurk in the darkest corners of our organisations. On the contrary, shadow IT hides in plain sight. We see it every time one of our colleagues pulls out their personal smartphone1 or tablet and uses a free...
- Producer15/08/2017Questions to Help You Mind Your Business… Question #4Question #4: Should I hire a salesperson?This is the fourth in a series of thoughts and opinions by Graham Edwards and Renée Cormier — click here to read the backstory and inspiration (if only for the entertainment). It should be noted that neither...
- 14/08/2017Here’s why your business ideology needs a facelift
https://medium.com/@kashyapvartika/heres-why-your-business-ideology-needs-a-facelift-b9ee4429e915Here’s why your business ideology needs a facelift – Vartika – Mediummedium.com When Instagram came with the change of its logo, the world was divided in two groups. Of the 400 million users of the app, half were...
- 13/08/2017We all can share from other businesses or organizations. Their experiences, crises and responses are a way to learn from them. I am sharing my latest blog post in which I reflect on the Dallas Cowboys player suspension and their response.What the Dallas Cowboys can teach us about Contingency Planning. - Deliberate Planbit.ly Dallas cowboys organization response to a crisis was remarkable, this is a summary of what the Cowboys organization can teach us about contingency...
Comments13/08/2017 #1 Lisandra PaganWe all can learn from other organizations. We learn from their failures, crises, successes and response to adversity. I am sharing my latest blog post in which I reflect about lessons we all can learn from the Dallas Cowboys organization, in terms of contingency planning.
- 12/08/2017Q&A;: Considering Importing/Exporting/Global Trading of Products? What are your: Questions? Concerns? Suggestions? SUBMIT in comments below🔻 Join the Import Export Made...
Comments12/08/2017 #7 David B. GrinbergMany thanks in advance, Lance, for spreading your wealth of knowledge and experience with us on important global trade/economic issues. I've shared this Live Buzz in three hives: "Trade Marketing" and "International Trade" and "Live Streaming Videos."
I'm interested in learning more about the positive and negative effects of recent major global treaties like NAFTA and TPP on specific regions and countries. I'm also interested in learning more about leveling the playing field on fair trade for all nations. We hear a lot in the USA about unfair trade practices of China, for instance, whose high tariffs have reportedly contributed to a large U.S. trade deficit. I look forward to learning more from you on these issues when your new hive goes live. Thanks again!
cc; @Javier 🐝 beBee @John White, MBA @Bill Stankiewicz, 🐝 Brand Ambassador @Lisa 🐝 Gallagher @Franci🐝Eugenia Hoffman, beBee Brand Ambassador12/08/2017 #5 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.global entrepreneur bees, there is a course (global import export of goods) coming! Lance will give it!12/08/2017 #4 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.I look forward to that course, Lance!!!!
- Producer10/08/2017Do You Know What Your Operation is ‘Made of?’“I entered the packed cafeteria with tray in hand, searching for the right food to eat,” writes Marcelo Gleiser in their recent NPR article entitled “At CERN, In Search Of Nature's Building Blocks.”“Around me, hundreds of people of all ages spoke...
- 09/08/2017Elon Musk Reportedly Gave His Assistant a 2-Week Test When She Asked for a Big Raise -- What Happened to Her Is an Important Lesson in Salary Negotiationswww.entrepreneur.com In his 2015 biography, Ashlee Vance shares the story of how Musk stopped working with his longtime executive assistant in early...
- 09/08/2017Do you have what it takes in creating a handsome business presentation? Here are the Top 3 Ways on How To Make your Business Appointments Presentation Extremely FascinatingHow to Make Presentations for Business Appointments Interestingwww.callboxinc.com The same thing should happen for our appointment setting presentation, we have to keep a steady flow of excitement. So here's how you do...
- 08/08/2017Want to Take Better Notes? Ditch the Laptop for a Pen and Paper, Says Sciencewww.inc.com New research might have you reconsidering that old school pen and paper if you want to remember more of your...
- Producer08/08/2017BUSINESS TRADE SHOWS PART II: DURING THE EVENTWe’re back. In the last post, we talked about building momentum toward a trade show exhibition. Today, let’s look at your efforts during the show itself.You already should have sent out a reminder the morning of the show in posts on all your social...