- 11/08/2016Spring 2017 Application Deadlines and Average GRE Scores for MS in USASpring 2017 Application Deadlines and Average GRE Scores for MSwww.meetuniversity.com Looking at to Study in USA in January 2017? Know about the Spring 2017 Application Deadlines and Average GRE Scores for MS at top US universities in...
- 01/08/2016Let's reinvent this broken A/E/C Industry!Reinventing the Construction Industry, Jason Walker (jasonbarrettwalker)jasonbarrettwalker.wordpress.com Innovator, Entrepreneur,...
- Producer06/07/2016'Three Teachings' Cradle Leaves Us SuspendedAnother mystic Chinese temple? Certainly, but one with some interesting engineering, dating back almost 1500 years, and perched some 75 m above the base of the cliff into which it has been built.First there's the technique used to support many of...
Comments06/07/2016 #1 Dean OwenExcellent. This is quite an incredible structure that I was fortunate enough to be able to visit on Day 7 of my road trip around China. Well recommended. For some additional photos for anyone interested, visit : https://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/The-Great-China-Roadtrip/page-3.html
- 29/06/2016Is anyone else out there interested in transforming the highly dysfunctional commercial construction industry? Let's connect!Concept-to-Completion - C2C®
- 17/06/2016Engenharia CivilEngenharia Civil Um local para promover a troca de conhecimento e reunir todos os profissionais relacionados ao
- ProducerReforço de estruturas de concreto armado com tecidos pré-impregnados de fibras de carbonoO desenvolvimento rumo ao terceiro milênio coloca à indústria da construção civil o desafio de renovar a infra-estrutura do País e, ao mesmo tempo, de respeitar as enormes restrições econômicas atuais. Hoje mostra-se mais viável, em termos...
- Marketing y ProductoMarketing y Producto Más marketing, publicidad y nuevos productos dan mucho de qué hablar, y es por eso que beBee creó esta colmena en la que podrás compartir contenido interesante y
- WRITERS and PUBLISHERS on beBeeWRITERS and PUBLISHERS on beBee The mission of this Hive is to provide a venue for writers and publishers on beBee to share questions, answers, solutions and tips about the MECHANICS of publishing on beBee. Also to read, evaluate, comment on, and share the work of other
- Producer06/06/2016Light steel frameO sistema construtivo Light Steel Framing também conhecido como construção LSF ou estrutura em aço leve, faz parte do sistema CES (Construção Energitérmica Sustentável). É uma denominação empregada internacionalmente para definir o material...
- ProducerThermalTronix TT1640S-UAV - Mechanical Drawing - www.intellisystem.itProduct details: http://www.intellisystem.it/shop/prodotti/thermaltronix1640s-uav/ We are looking for resellers & distributors ___________About Cristian Randieri, PhdCristian Randieri is a brilliant intelligent and great proactivity person...
- ProducerIT-SSA6POE-IR INFRARED ILLUMINATOR - Intellisystem TechnologiesThe IT-SSxxPOE-IR PoE Series High Power IR Illuminator is a top quality LED light source of night illumination with the longest service life: Deliver high power infrared light for CCTV & IP camera at night time and improve performance of...
- ProducerIT-SSG6-IR - VANDAL RESISTANT SERIES IR ILLUMINATOR - CCTV Security - Intellisystem TechnologiesDeliver high power infrared light for CCTV & IP camera at night time and improve performance of camera to get clear pictures. Product Features • Precise secondary optical technology The latest LED technology assures...
- 18/04/2016( Market Research Report )
Building Information Modeling Market worth $ 7,946.5 Million USD by 2020
Building information modeling is used in the construction industry for designing and managing projects throughout their life cycle.
Request Sample for More Information :-
The overall value chain of the building information modeling market is closely interlinked with the traditional construction processes’ value chain and has been expanding rapidly and shaping into a strong, well-connected chain over the past few years. Several new product developments and software models have come up owing to the application of building information modeling in various vertical.Sample Request -Building Information Modeling Market by Types (Software & Services) - 2020 | MarketsandMarketswww.marketsandmarkets.com
- 08/04/2016Shell told to cut spendingwww.devere-group.com Royal Dutch Shell has been told by its shareholders to reduced its annual spending budget to below $30 billion – or 21.3 billion pounds – as a means of maintaining its dividend given the slow pace of the oil price...
- 08/04/2016The Zip-Code for NeuroDiverse City
What if there were an entire town or city that was designed and structured so that it was primarily run by a collaborative of disabled and special needs people?
There are many people with a wide variety of special abilities that include a range of developmentally disabled people but also other groups such as disabled veterans, the deaf, the blind, etc. Rather than having these people be the minorities, what if this town's overall architecture specifically targeted these people as the primary inhabitants and not a marginalized population? What if these folks were the ones who owned and ran most of the businesses in this zip-code and made the major decisions about how the city was run? This would put the concept of neurodiversity to an extreme test.
It seems as if this is not too dissimilar to what the women of the U.S. did in WWII in holding the country together while the men went off to war. Some might say that at that time women were assumed to be a lesser subset of the population that could not hold down a man's job, but the War gave them the opportunity to prove otherwise...and they did.
So, who is to say that those with disabilities couldn't do the same today on an even larger scale?
What if a collaborative group decided to "buy" a town that was on the verge of financial collapse...or one that is largely abandoned altogether? A revitalization project run primarily by those that are assumed to be outliers of society would set an amazing precedent and elevate the abilities of these folks considerably.
Maybe it's time that people stop waiting for permission from someone else to validate their presence as a human...and prove to humanity that they can achieve a better world...with or without the support of those who have believed that they are the normal ones for so long.
- 02/04/2016THE POWER OF PAPER 🌉 Self-supporting and weight-bearing paper bridge created completely out of paper without using any glue, screws, or any other fixings to keep the paper in place. It was built on the principles of traditional stone bridge building methods. The bridge was designed to hold at least its own weight (about 4 tons). ►
Comments03/04/2016 #3 Lada Prkic#2 Thanks for comment, @Ken Boddie.. Here is the link to an article with more information about it http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3075622/But-walk-Lake-District-bridge-no-glue-bolts-fixings-22-000-sheets-PAPER.html I’m fascinated with the paper as a building material. Japanese architect Shigeru Ban also pushes the boundaries of what can be done with paper with his cardboard tube structures.03/04/2016 #2 Ken BoddieHi Lada. It's interesting to see paper being used in this unique application. As I was brought up and schooled in UK, I would be interested to find out more about this project and where it was actually built. The video you thoughtfully provided did not have a sound track. Do you have a link to more details?
- 30/03/2016BAMBOO REINFORCED CONCRETE ►Dirk Hebel, a professor at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETH), has developed a new material, called bamboo composite material. Its advantages over steel are immense: higher tensile capacity, much lower production costs, lighter weight and corrosion resistant. It can be pressed into any shape and then sawn or sanded like wood. As reinforcement in structural concrete it has the potential to revolutionize the building sector. http://www.fcl.ethz.ch/event/bamboo-the-green-reinforcement/
Comments31/03/2016 #2 Lada PrkicBy extracting natural fibres of the bamboo plant and using modified technique, was created a new durable material that could replace steel reinforcement. This implies that almost anything can become a building material if we understand the nature of the material and possibilities of application.
- 24/03/2016BIOLOGICALLY GROWN BRICKS FROM SAND AND BACTERIA
- 14/03/2016What do you look for in an acquisition?Stonemill Partnersstonemillpartners.com
- 11/03/2016Mergers and Acquisitions firm looking for architectural firms thinking about selling their businesses. What are your questions related to that?The Process | Stonemill Partnersstonemillpartners.com