- 10/08/2017Official beBee #SXSW Voting Buzz 🐝🐝🐝
This is a chance for your U.S. CEO (me) to present beBee and Personal Branding to the large and important audience at the SXSW Conference in Austin, Texas. This is a popularity contest so WE NEED TO HAVE OUR COMMUNITY BAND TOGETHER and VOTE for my talk: "8-Ways Powerful Personal Brands Bring Success"
Please vote here and know that every vote counts!!! 🐝🐝🐝http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/vote/79409
- Producer18/02/2017Why beBee and How it's Possible To Go "Beyond Virtual" Some people join beBee to network with others who not only share common interests but they make true connections with these people which has led to new opportunities for Business. *UPDATE* NLV is over now but it appears Sarah Elkins will be planning...
Comments29/07/2017 #65 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand Ambassador#31 @Juan Imaz beBee needs a anthem for a Brands Ambassadors video clip On the style of Can't stop This Feeling feat-Justin Timberlake, but we have to dig into creative commons 0. to 3.0 licences and find some easy to record Lyrics, after any of us (BAs) could lipsync on it. Do you want me to lead the project?29/07/2017 #64 Lisa 🐝 Gallagher#63 I had a separate professional account on Twitter for some time but it wasn't gaining the same traction I have with my personal account. I think what plays into more traffic is the diversity of posts, including personal as well. I'm thinking that when people get to know you more on a personal level (just like beBee's mantra) they will follow more easily if they see diversity outside of business posts. I've never admitted this out loud but honestly, when I RT or post about Politics as one example, I gain a lot of followers. FB is mostly friends and I just recently included 'follow' as an option on my FB page because there are certain things I only want my friends to see. If it's business or helps another with their business I make those posts public. Since joining beBee, I've had many friend requests on Facebook and I don't like to add people I haven't interacted with, so allowing people to follow has saved me from accepting or declining many new friend requests now. I like that option on FB because you can still keep your personal stuff as private as possible while sharing content that you'd hope to go viral with the public.
Many people do join facebook to make an account for business only. I guess what it boils down to is this: how much time does one have to invest on each social media platform they have joined? My first is beBee, second FB and twitter last. @Paul "Pablo" Croubalian's tweetpack has been invaluable for me on Twitter.28/07/2017 #63 Anne 🐝 Thornley-Brown, MBAInteresting. I have always had separate personal and business social media accounts. I did that as I noticed when I posted music on my Twitter business account, people unfollowed me. Initially,
I didn't realize Facebook had business pages so I had a profile. Quite a few colleagues and some clients followed me. I encouraged them to migrate to the business page but many of them stayed on the personal profile. They are active and engaging.28/07/2017 #59 Lance 🐝 ScoularYour 10x 🏆prize Lisa 🐝 Gallagher
for my 10 + Back-Stage Live Buzz Tips Contest:
via Twitter 🐤
Why beBee and How it's Possible To Go "Beyond Virtual"
via @beBee #beBee 🐝🐝
Why beBee and How it's Possible To Go "Beyond Virtual"
by Lisa Gallagher 🐝 http://dld.bz/fz4St
via beBee, Inc. 🐝🐝
stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand Ambassador
Franci🐝Eugenia Hoffman, beBee Brand Ambassador
David B. Grinberg
Javier 🐝 beBee
Matt 🐝 Sweetwood
John White, MBA23/02/2017 #51 Lisa 🐝 Gallagher#50 Hi @Claire L Cardwell, I'm glad I posted it again for those who haven't seen the beeGees vid! Your having an unseasonably cold day in SA while we are having an unseasonably warm day in Pennsylvania, UA, it's 60 degs F. Thanks for reading/commenting and hope it warms up soon for you!23/02/2017 #50 Claire L CardwellI also haven't seen the beeGees video - it brought a smile to my face on an unseasonably cold day here in SA. I've also made some great connections here on beBee - far more fun and meaningful than on LinkedIn! Great buzz @Lisa 🐝 Gallagher View moreI also haven't seen the beeGees video - it brought a smile to my face on an unseasonably cold day here in SA. I've also made some great connections here on beBee - far more fun and meaningful than on LinkedIn! Great buzz @Lisa 🐝 Gallagher! Close21/02/2017 #48 Pamela 🐝 Williams#34 Okay, so what would be funny is a partner swap dance. Everyone does a video dancing with a shovel, then the shovel is passed to the next dancer (off camera of course ) and it looks like we're all dancing with the same shovel! hahahahaha! OH, I don't have a snow shovel...shoot, can't do it. LOL20/02/2017 #47 Lisa 🐝 Gallagher#46 Hi @Sarah Elkins, I know NLV will be a success! I can't wait to hear about it and yes, please live stream. Sorry I'm going to miss meeting many of you including Karthik and @Susan 🐝 Rooks, the Grammar Goddess. When you come up with a date for the next NLV please let me know right away. I really want to make it to the next one! I agree, hard to believe it's just in a few days.
- Producer27/07/2017Should I Use Event Software? : Easy, Effective and Insightful Project Management ToolsThe market for event management systems is booming, not least because of the rapidly advancing technology in the conferences and events industry. For organizers, this means more options for event planning and easier handling of the registration...
Comments27/07/2017 #1 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand AmbassadorThe french Goomeeo and the canadian sherpa solutions added geo positioning in tradeshows to better locate and funnel visitors who chose the client app end instead of the server's one. all benefits to your company visitors conversion on your stand...too bad for non equippped competitors cc@David B. Grinberg
- 09/06/2017Event Planning: 10 Healthwise Event Menu Choices http://www.eventmobi.com/blog/2017/04/10/10-healthwise-event-menu-choices #eventprofs #mpi #pcma
- 24/05/20176 Steps on How to Start a Booking Agency
#bookingagency #events #eventtech #bookingagent #Talent6 Steps on How to Start a Booking Agency - GigBasewww.eventlightning.com People are asking for your talent more and more. You may have booked a performer doing music or performance already at a gig or two. How can you turn what you have into a talent agency? Talent agencies serve to match talent with industry...
- 19/05/2017How To Calmly Handle Booking Last Minute Requests For Event ServicesHow To Calmly Handle Booking Last Minute Event Requests - GigBasewww.eventlightning.com Sadly over this past week, we got 3 last-minute booking requests recently that we could not fill. Two of these events had over 200 attendees – and they are contacting us less than 2 days before their event? I’m wondering what has been happening with...
- 05/05/2017May the 4th be with you!
Check out our fun Star Wars quiz for #eventplanning
Tell us what you think!As Event Planner, What Star Wars Character Are You? - Event LightNing GigBasewww.eventlightning.com
- 26/04/2017Outdoor Event Planning: 8 Practical Considerations
What are some other considerations for outdoor events?Outdoor Event Planning: 8 Practical Considerations - EventMobiwww.eventmobi.com Now that the calendar has passed the Easter season and the warmer weather is returning, event participants will welcome the opportunity to spend some time outdoors.Taking the group outdoors, even for a little, will breathe new life into what could …...
Comments26/04/2017 #3 Lisa JenningsThanks for the tips, Anne. As you said, a plan B is essential. A couple of additional items to consider include access to power, electrical outlets, or power drops. If a generator is necessary it will need to be budgeted for and where it is placed in relation to the event may require additional planning to reduce noise pollution.
If having food at your event, be sure to consult with your catering team and trust their expertise. The types of foods to serve and how long they will last will depend on your location and weather.
And don't forget about the bathrooms and trash receptacles. How far away are they? How many will be needed for the number of attendees you expect? Remember to schedule pickup once your event is over.
- 14/04/2017The why and how of incorporating white space into your events.The science of white space at eventswww.conferencesthatwork.com Conference organizers have an unfortunate tendency to stuff their programs full of sessions. It's an understandable choice; if participants have committed all this time and money to be present, shouldn't we minimize white space and give them as many...
- 06/04/2017Live streamers who don't want to blog?? They're missing out!Can Livestreaming Replace Blogging? One Fashion Influencer Says Nosbt.me If you regard livestreaming as the undisputed "best" marketing tactic, you haven't been...
- Producer22/03/2017If you have the choice, would you present first or last?Recently I was at a networking meeting that brought ideas and investors together, and in all of this an important topic was raised... as well as a differing opinion. The Founder and CEO of a successful startup was offering business perspective and...
Comments26/04/2017 #29 Henri GalvãoI think another reason for being first is if you feel kind of nervous. At least you won't have to wait what seem to be an eternity for your turn to speak ;-D
And even if you're not nervous, you're normally much more clear-headed to present your thoughts when you're the first23/03/2017 #20 Susan 🐝 Rooks, the Grammar Goddess#11 I received a certification (at a very low level, but still) in DiSC years ago, @Graham🐝 Edwards, so yes, I know a little about it (just enough to be dangerous, as they say).
And I'm a confirmed D/I myself. No natural C (except in my work), and since I love to be around the S types, I work on that aspect of myself.23/03/2017 #18 Harvey LloydGreat discussion and i think the argument could be made for either. I prefer to speak or present at anytime. Going first sets the standard of comparison, but if someone comes along with a better presentation/understanding of issues/solutions you can be unseated. The one thing i would say about speaking after first or last, i get to see the audience and their response to speakers. This has two effects, one i get to know them potentially and i get to tweak my ad lib comments towards a "known" audience.
In the end i would agree with you in general, your presentation needs to be the dragon slayer that slays the dragon first or after everyone else has just beat it to death23/03/2017 #16 Javier 🐝 beBeeWhen evaluating sequential information (as list of vendor presentation), people might get more influenced by the first presentation and this pattern is known as a “primacy effect“. In some instances, the final presentation has more more influence than the first presentation. Such a pattern is known as the “recency effect“. Now the question is which effect is more dominant and in which situations.
Is there a distinct advantage in presenting first versus last?
Should you pick an interview slot that is first in line or last in line?
Should you speak first or last?
You should present, interview or speak first, if the others will follow you immediately and there will be a delay between the series of presentations and the judgment or decision because of primacy effect.
On the other hand, you should present, interview or speak last, if there will be a delay between the presentations or interviews and the decision-makers will need to render judgment or decision right after the last presentation or interview because of recency effect. From my sales experience, such scenarios happen quite often, where customers will schedule vendor presentations separated by time and then render judgement fairly quickly after the last presentation. So if you are involved in enterprise sales, think about the recency effect when offered a choice to pick a presentation slot.
I found this great info at https://beyondheadlines.wordpress.com/2010/04/20/should-you-present-first-or-last/23/03/2017 #15 Anne 🐝 Thornley-Brown, MBASpeakers were asked if they would prefer to present first or last? End of day presentations slots are always a problem. It's bad design that makes this spot untenable.
Event and meeting planners would be wise to build in a buffer and end the day with a networking opportunity. Let's say your agenda is to end at 5:00, reserve the last 45 minutes to an hour for a networking reception or event. Schedule that to go from 4: 00 or 4:15 to 6:00 or 6:30. So if anything gets cut short, it's the networking. Make it compelling so that people want to stick around.
NEVER schedule departure for dinner right after the day's meeting agenda ends. Opt for a 8:00 or 7:30 departure for an 8:00 dinner seating.23/03/2017 #14 Anne 🐝 Thornley-Brown, MBADefinitely first. Without exception, every time I have presented last, the meeting, conference or event has fallen behind schedule and the compressed time I had to begin with has been chopped down even further. It's an impossible situation, especially when there is a hard stop due to a dinner reservation. On a going forward basis, I will not be accepting any engagements during this time slot.
- 15/03/2017#eventprofs The story Behind the Hashtag https://www.bebee.com/producer/@anne-thornley-brown/sharp-eventprofs-the-story-behind-the-hashtag#eventprofs The story Behind the Hashtagwww.bebee.com #eventprofs has become the most popular and recognizable hashtag for event planners, meeting professionals, and other industry professionals. Did...
- 23/01/2017Interview with Capetown's number 1 events entrepreneur and actor
- 11/01/2017Do you want to innovate in Spain? Join my workshop "How to Start Innovation?" In Valencia 20 januari on the FORTH innovation method http://www.forth-innovation.com/
- Producer22/10/2016How The No Longer Virtual Conference Is Moving Online Connections To The Physical WorldOur digital world and always-online digital lifestyle have allowed friendships with our online connections to blossom. Most people reading this will have an increasing number of professional connections on platforms such as LinkedIn or BeBee that...
Comments25/10/2016 #10 Sarah ElkinsThanks for this great write-up, Neil Hughes! To share this experience with some of my favorite online personalities - but in person - is going to be outstanding. Can't wait to see John White, MBA again, and to meet Heather R. Younger, J.D., CCXP, Karthik Rajan, Sarah (Sally) McCabe, Chris Spurvey, and Dustin McKissen in person. And those are the facilitators! On top of this great line-up, we get to learn from Aaron Skogen, Amy Blaschka, Zach Messler, and more. I'm giddy. Seriously giddy.24/10/2016 #9 David B. GrinbergKudos on another exemplary read, @Neil Hughes. It sounds like @Sarah Elkins has put together a wonderful conference with an impressive list of speakers. As I've previously written, folks should not rely on social media networking alone because, while helpful, it will only get one so far.
To be an outstanding networker requires taking the leap from online networking to offline networking in-person. That's really how one solidifies meaningful relationships. Unfortunately, this is becoming less and less commonplace in today's fast-paced mobile, digital and virtual world -- especially among Millennials and Gen Z.
Therefore, I commend Sarah for taking the time, effort and energy to arrange this conference. The only downside I see is the cost. Then again, one can't always put a price tag on the long-term value of building in-person networking relationships.23/10/2016 #6 Prakashan B.V@Neil Hughes: Thanks for this article..Good to know in detail about NLV..I like this idea! of meeting the online connections and getting to know each other more through such a great initiative viz. NLV . Sitting here in Bangalore I have already done it with some of the geographically separated connections when they were passing by this part of the world..And to @John White, MBA and many other friends participating in this...Have great time.23/10/2016 #5 Mohammed SultanNeil Hughes.To be face -to -face with online friends is an interesting experience.But people interest in conferences goes beyond our online dreams to the realities of our markets.It goes beyond personal preferences to seeking diverse,specialized and multi-faced information that no single platform can offered. When you go off-line you will be surprised to know how far our textual databases differs from the realty of a numerical world.
- Producer16/11/2016How to build a unicorn startup2 Days, 120 Speakers, Seminars, Workshops, ExhibitorsIntegrated Live is designed to help UK Marketers navigate the modern world of marketing. Launched in 2012 as The Digital Marketing Show, this ‘new look’ event recognises that everything is...
- Producer11/11/2016After Conference HangoverSo excited to begin implementing ideas, I arrived early to work the morning I returned from the conference. That's a big deal for me; I love to sleep and rarely choose to get up any earlier than I have to. But that morning was different. That week...
Comments07/12/2016 #6 Sarah ElkinsI just had a conversation with my friend about how quickly we can lose momentum and inspiration when we don't have a good plan -- and support -- to follow up and move forward. For the #NoLongerVirtual conference, we have a plan to avoid that deflation. Register today!
- 07/11/2016beBee will be as speaker at IntegratedLive in LondonHow to build a unicorn startup - Integratedintegrated.live Javier will be discussing the launch and rapid growth of beBee, how it has grown internationally and how they have managed to scale their efforts in line with being tipped for Unicorn status. He will also be talking about the idea behind beBee and...
- 10/10/2016beBee goes viral @MediaTechSummit - Pitch by @Matt 🐝 Sweetwood
https://www.bebee.com/content/854679/833907beBee goes viral @Media Tech Summit NYC: Buzz - beBeewww.bebee.com Matt Sweetwood has 5min to present beBee. So here...
- Producer29/09/2016South Summit - Innovation is now! - beBee, a market disruptorSouth Summit is one of the most relevant global innovation events.Below are just some of the inspiring thought leaders, technology innovators, market disruptors, international investors, and change makers who will be attending South Summit.South...
- Producer01/06/2016The hard yards to the Olympics : The wisdom of Billy Mills‘’The ultimate is not to win, but to reach within the depths of your capabilities and to compete against yourself to the greatest extent possible. When you do that, you have dignity. You have the pride. You can walk about with character and pride no...
Comments01/06/2016 #6 CityVP 🐝 Manjit#5 is a thought about regard. The value of regard is its diversity. We end a note and say "best regards" and it means something if we mean it. When I am watching sports I am watching excellence, we all are. I will watch the Olympics because through regard for people like Usain Bolt I take it seriously. So do governments but because of the sheer dollar value of it - but there are truths I also take into regard, and one of them is the reality of the Olympic ideal - that the idea of the noble amateur was actually an elitist mechanism to ensure that poor people that could afford to compete as professionals, could not do so. This is not something to be sad about, for this is what makes a Justin Thomas more important to me than a Usain Bolt - because there is no price of entry to thinking alongside good people and there is nothing to win here but our wisdom. That is also what makes Jim Thorpe and Billy Mills also more fascinating as a result - our love for the humanity in story vs. hero worship.01/06/2016 #5 Justin ThomasThank you for sharing and the comments everyone.#4 Firstly thank you for reading. During my research I had come across Thorpe's story and it saddened me that the institution that is held with such high regard could act to atrociously to those that worked so hard so thank you for sharing the information in the comment.01/06/2016 #4 CityVP 🐝 ManjitI am all good with inspirational stories but I also desire the face of reality. Billy Mills is representative of the everyday man who is motivated by a Rocky Balbao or against all odds story, I get that. In knowing the Billy Mills story, we should know the Jim Thorpe story because that is what balances my own perspective about the Olympics http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/why-are-jim-thorpes-olympic-records-still-not-recognized-130986336/?all Yes, the IOC gave back Thorpe only his medals but that was 30 years after he died and they added a nasty footnote that continues to dishonour him. The Olympics no longer represent the mythologies we have been taught to think they are. On the one hand we are taught Olympic ideals and on the other the Zika virus is only a global threat unless we have to cancel an Olympics. I am all for happiness and inspiration, but without truth it is an illusion that transforms into a delusion, and if that is what we desire, inspirational stories becomes simply a selfish affair because then we pick and choose our mythologies and our heroes. Find inspiration in all 7 billion people and in this, Billy Mills is honoured.
- 01/06/2016You're buzy so here's a buzz...
How to gain knowledge in just a 10 minutes video all you need to engage an audience when speaking... now it's up to you to learn it by putting it into practice...Julian Treasure: How to speak so that people want to listen | TED Talk | TED.comwww.ted.com Have you ever felt like you're talking, but nobody is listening? Here's Julian Treasure to help. In this useful talk, the sound expert demonstrates the how-to's of powerful speaking — from some handy vocal exercises to tips on how to speak with...