- Producer16/03/2017Join Millionaires Empire For Crowdfunding!Do you often feel that your desires or long-lost ambitions have been left midway in your journey of life just because you did not have the adequate funds to fulfill them? Do you feel the need or the urgency to complete them? Everyone ...
- 09/03/2017This beautiful picture is SO refreshing on a frosty day....but it doesn't tell a happy story.
It was used by The Huffington Post for my post to raise awareness of why it's becoming increasingly challenging for sun destination workers to earn a decent income. https://lnkd.in/eA9U57V
I started this GoFundMe to help 2 of them. https://lnkd.in/eSeP97f I cannot stress the urgency enough.
Please support in any way you can by donating or spreading the word.
- Producer06/03/2017Crowdfunding for Philanthropy: Social Media Disappoints....AgainIsn't this a gorgeous photo? I took it myself when I accompanied a client down south for their President's Club. It's the type of image that tropical dreams are made of. Unfortunately, although it is beautiful, the story it tells is not a happy one,...
Comments15/03/2017 #14 Anne Thornley-BrownUpdate: There is no improvement. Clearly, social media is no longer the appropriate platform for crowdfunding campaigns. As Brian suggested, video is better but to do a really good quality video takes $$. This should be sent out via email to family, friends, and colleagues and there should be a follow-up phone calls. I am surprised that since the Internet has been around for so long the majority of people who have contributed were uncomfortable paying on line. I would nix the crowdfunding site and give people the option to send payment via email transfer or money orders via priority snail mail. I am stunned that this is what we have come to, old school campaigns in this day and age.14/03/2017 #13 Anne Thornley-BrownWell, I am not into the bikinis but you have a point. There are so many of these campaigns that a very creative approach is needed to stand out and video is much more powerful than photos.
This came up so suddenly just before Christmas and I thought a crowdfunding campaign was the way to go. I had no idea that there were so many of these as I have not had any requests.
The take-away from this experience for marketing in general is that one has to pull put all of the creative stops and stand out from the crowd. I will keep this in mind next time.12/03/2017 #12 Brian McKenzieChange up the picture of the pitch - add bikini girls, party goers and of course the poolside DJ mix - better if it is a video instead of a static photo.
or As you are connected to Huff-Po - show a picture of Shantel and dump in generous amounts of #He4She archetype key words.
As for the taxi driver - more video - graphic street cuts and video game edits of driving around the streets of Jamaica - it the VR gaming nerds with a Fast & Furious / Transporter / Grand Theft Auto inspired clip. Change up the brand with something like SUN Company Virtual Taxi - mock up some t-shirts and give that a go. .... of course Cabaroake where a rolling troop of passengers get in cars and sing One Love together could work nicely too. Put that on Youtube & monetize the f out of it.06/03/2017 #7 Anne Thornley-Brown#2 @Pascal Derrien I had no idea. I hardly see any requests for crowdfunding support. I have seen only 4 in total and read stories about successful campaigns. That's what made me think this might work. I do understand that it's impossible to help everyone. Social media may not be the best way to crowdfund. Perhaps an old-fashioned phone or email campaign is best. That's what brought in almost all of the money.06/03/2017 #6 Anne Thornley-Brown#1 @Don 🐝 Kerr Thank you for the feedback. I am not familiar with Kiva. How does it work? I wonder if we can access it for people in Jamaica.
W.r.t. social media support it is interesting that most of your social media support came from beBee. So far, this seems to be a far superior network. I am glad I checked it out ....finally....before giving up on social media altogether.06/03/2017 #5 Anne Thornley-BrownThank you for all of the comments and please keep them coming. They are appreciated. I am heading out but I will be back later.
All I can say is that if after 8 years of active engagement on social media including:
- over 8 years of managing what has become a 350,000+ member virtual community on LinkedIn
- 5 years of active blogging across a variety of platforms
- regular interaction on Twitter with a network of over 8,000 followers and even leading large Twitter chats
- meeting quite a number of my connections at trade shows and industry events
people do not feel a connection with me, something is wrong.06/03/2017 #4 Phil FriedmanAnne, you may not like to hear this, but I suspect that most support of this kind comes from people who feel a connection to you, not to your cause. As Pascal points out, there has been a huge proliferation of such campaigns, including many that border on being frivolous (e.g. Help me realize my life long dream of going on a photo safari to Africa, etc,) I see many, many people in difficult circumstances everyday. And when I can I try to help. But how does one judge that your request is more worthy than others one comes into contact with daily?06/03/2017 #3 Lisa 🐝 Gallagher#1 Well said @Don 🐝 Kerr! @Anne Thornley-Brown, Don was very successful, ran a great campaign for a great cause, he wrote a book for male care givers based on his experience, caring for his precious wife who had cancer. Its people like Don who understand how these things work. Keep reaching out, post a buzz with the link and if it seems worthwhile, people are likely to help as they can. Best of luck and welcome to beBee!06/03/2017 #2 Pascal DerrienI think the main problem is the proliferation of requests, I am indirectly involved in social enteprise and linked to a fundation and I am targeted daily by 2 or 3 random or tailored requests to a point that I dont even reads them anymore...... I think there is a fatigue out there and I am not sure it is because of the medium?06/03/2017 #1 Don 🐝 Kerr@Anne Thornley-Brown interesting and in general I agree. My experience last fall with Kickstarter saw me gain both financial and sharing support from several Bees. From FB I also gained significant support. On LinkedIn? Zip on the financial front and the only sharing was from Bees who also frequent LI. My suspicion is that beBee fosters more genuine relationships based upon our ability to share our life stories should we choose and feel comfortable doing so. Have you considered micro-financing via KIVA for the driver?
- 02/01/2017Sustainability and Longevity in the market are appealing factors that make crowdfunding a success. The current and emerging trends could have a big impact on the traditional reward-based crowdfunding. Read here.3 Trends That Will Shape Crowdfunding in 2017www.entrepreneur.com The market is evolving, and so are the products that help drive it. Consumers and backers alike are on the lookout for customizable solutions to everyday...
- Producer26/11/2016Why Rock & Roll Hall of Famer Jerry Harrison Is Launching an Equity Crowdfunding PlatformWhat happens when you put tech royalty and a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame musician from one of the greatest bands of all time Talking Heads in the same room? The answer is RedCrow.RedCrow is a crowdfunding platform that was co-founded by CEO Brian...
- Producer14/10/2016Www. My Date Trees .comMy Date Tree is an agriculture crowdfunding project In which you can fund your own date tree in Israel. We invite you to become a part of our date farm, watch as your tree grows over the years, visit your tree at your convenience, eat of its fruit...
- 09/10/2016I want everyone with a heart and a sense of decency to help me with this. If you can donate, Great! I thank you. If you can't, maybe you can share this with others. I still thank you.Click here to support Help Me Get Out of this Abusive Adulterous Relationship!!! by David Chappellwww.crowdrise.com This is to raise money for court fees, lawyer costs, and everything else to get out of this relationship. My wife, to whom I am still married without even being legally separated https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013180054446 has been...
- 06/10/2016Yesterday I shared with you the story of Laura Mikolaitis and her husband - her everyday hero.
Today, as we embark on the final week of our campaign with a remaining objective of $2,470, we're sharing Laura's comment (with her permission of course) on why this book matters.
"I love the vulnerability that you show and how dedicated you appear to be in your quest to finding healthy pathways. So important, not just during our most challenging times, but always. Your writing resonates with me on so many levels and I am happy to have found you here.
"The exchange of stories is something that we all can benefit from. It can be quiet support in a dark moment and boisterous celebration in another moment. It seems your chapters have been infused with so much and I cannot wait to read more about your journey.
"Moreover, addressing the male caregiver is something that is important not only to discuss but to try and understand. My sister-in-law, who I think of as a sister, has been battling cancer for over 13 years. She often speaks about how difficult it is to not have familial support and that it is difficult for some family members to understand - especially her husband.
"Raising awareness is key and although we are all wired differently there are things we can do and learn to aid in the process. I wish you well and I do sincerely hope that the funds are raised to publish your book."
Laura Mikolaitis, October 5, 2016 on beBee.com
Please, if you're willing and able, consider supporting our campaign. We believe this book can make a genuine difference to the lives of very many people.
Many thanks for your consideration and to our many supporters, you have our eternal gratitude. Samuel and Gabriel in particular say a big THANKS!
- 22/09/2016You know I get things all the time from people and entities that promise to get crowdfunders "more donations" some "guarantee donations" and then donate $1 themselves. Kind of tricky wouldn't you say? I've been talking to other people about their experiences with "boosters" as they are being called. It doesn't look good for either side. The people in need, are getting upset because they are spending the money for nothing. The new boosters aren't getting anything to boost, because of disgruntled people in need. I personally am destitute, and spent $45 of my meager funds to get promoted and I got nothing.
So here is what I am going to do. I am promoting a fundraiser by Malakai Chappell. … …
CROWDFUNDING BOOSTERS or whatever you want to call yourselves; Prove to me that you can do what you say and I WILL PROMOTE YOU! Even if all you can do is donate $10 to her yourself, I will promote you.
That's right! I will promote you on twitter, Facebook, google+, and BeBee. I will 1) write a letter of support on BeBee 2) share that letter on Twitter 3 times (over 3 days), Facebook 3 times (over 3 days), and google + once. I retweet my tweets several times a day, and I reshare my facebook posts several times during the day. Remember to let me know your info so that I can promote you. The fastest easiest way to do that is to send your info to email@example.com
What have you got to lose. If you can't help her you, don't lose anything, if you can you get free advertising.Click here to support A Fight For Love. by Malakai Chappellwww.crowdrise.com Our story today is courtesy of my dad. First let me introduce myself. My name is David Chappell, and I am here to ask you to donate to my legal fund. I want to save my marriage, and the only way I can do that is with the aid of lawyers or mediators...
- Producer20/09/20165 Kickstarter Ideas that Contributed to Hospitality InnovationThe most innovative minds and aspiring entrepreneurs take to popular crowdfunding sites, such as Kickstarter, in order to launch a campaign and generate funding for their own ideas, inventions and projects.While crowdfunding is perhaps more popular...
- 07/08/2016Lanzan unas zapatillas especiales para salir a capturar Pokémons
Se venderán a través de un proyecto de crowdfundingLanzan unas zapatillas especiales para salir a capturar Pokémonswww.merca20.com Los accesorios para Pokémon Go no paran de crecer y, ahora, han lanzado un proyecto de crowdfunding con unas zapatillas para jugar en la...
- Producer13/07/2016How Crowdfunding Is Transforming The Wine IndustryThe simple things in life like choosing a bottle of wine has somehow become a very daunting prospect. Sitting in a restaurant while intensely staring at a wine list while pretending to look knowledgeable is enough to fill anyone with dread.Finding...
Comments13/07/2016 #1 Lisa 🐝 GallagherIronic, I just mentioned it was 'Wine O'clock time" for me... just a little joke and then I saw this article after I posted my comment. I received a discount card in the Mail from Naked Wine Company- if you buy 100.00 of wine you receive 60.00 off, not bad! And I like the company's philosophy! Thanks for sharing @Neil Hughes!
- Producer29/06/2016Equity Crowdfunding in Australia - a second chance to get it right !The passage of the "Corporations Amendment (Crowd-sourced funding) Bill 2015" (i.e. Equity Crowdfunding) has been put on hold/ cancelled ahead of the upcoming federal election.Whilst at first glance this would appear to be very disappointing-...
Comments21/07/2016 #4 David PrestneyHi @Jennifer Martin - I apologise that it took me a couple of weeks to reply (kids school holidays...etc). In response to your comment/ query - the simple answer is that the start-ups could most likely be located anywhere in world (within reason). But of course the issue with most startups is that they are generally quite small and VERY under resourced - so the founders tend to be limited to dealing with "local" advisors and providers - also once you start raising $$ for equity in one jurisdiction to be used in another country it tends to attract governmental "compliance" issues, which tends to negate some of the potential benefits of equity crowd funding. #3
- 27/06/2016CROWDFARMING: be a 2.0 beekeeper and watch the honey flow.www.kickstarter.com Adopt your very own hive, decide which type of flowers you want the bees to pollinate, and receive the raw honey delivered to your...
- 04/04/2016Crowdfunding listo para regularse en México
Las plataformas de crowdfunding en México serán reguladas por la CNVB.Crowdfunding, listo para regularse en México en 2016expansion.mx La Asociación de Fondeo Colectivo y la Comisión Nacional Bancaria y de Valores alistan regulación para esquemas de crowdfunding en el...