- 15/06/2017Mme Aline Chrétien, Chancellor Laurentian University, Sudbury (2001-2004) Oil - 48" x 36" - 2014. The portrait has been installed at Laurentian University and I am siimply announcing its presence.
Mme Aline Chrétien, Chancelière de l'Université Laurentienne à Sudbury (2001-2004) * huile - 48" x 36" - 2014. Le portrait est maintenant officiellement dévoilé.
- 13/06/2017Very touched by the bilingual presentation of La Levure littéraire, at :Bernard Aimé Poulinlevurelitteraire.com (Ottawa, Canada) Peintre, écrivain, professeur Ce n’est...
Comments14/06/2017 #2 Gert Scholtz@Bernard Poulin Congratulations Bernard. This is a beautiful description of how you see your work: "As a portrait painter of 50 years my interest has always been in the rendering of the “who” or soul of someone rather than in the what or objectification of their appearance. I have always been fascinated by what people say and how they say it; how people think or not, what their feelings cause and fail to cause. The fact of being human is in and of itself the cause for this fascination and the resulting portraits. But then, everything that displays the presence of humans is intriguing is a subject for rendition – that they have passed here or there and what they have done or do as they pass is of importance. And so I paint it in any way I see fit."
- Producer19/05/2017A Microcosm of Micro-aggression And Shaming - concepts of control in the 21st centuryMost of us have experienced shaming as children. When we “did something wrong”, we were admonished - harshly at times - reminded that we were no more special than anyone else and that we should not repeat whatever it was that had gotten us into...
- 07/03/2017REvamped website. Comments appreciated. BBernard Poulin Homewww.bernardpoulin.com Home for...
Comments07/03/2017 #2 Bernard Poulin#1 Devesh, Your comments are MOST appreciated. Thank you. The only reason I have divided my artworks into categories - and don't post open site pages - is that the variety of mediums and subject matter I have had the privilege of working in these past 50 years have become too large and the clients I have like to go straight to "their" category. But, no fear, I will take your considerations into account and think about it all for the future. Again. Thank you for taking the time. All the best. B07/03/2017 #1 Devesh 🐝 BhattNice website. Your name and the word Riaghts in All Riaghts Reserved get you in the first and rhe third result of a google search.
Its not mandatory and just a suggestion. As a user if i want to straightaway have a glimpse of your work without having to scroll down and click it would be helpful.
- 07/02/2017Our God Is Dead. . . Long Live Our Alternative God - Oil & gold leaf (fake) 40" x 20" (101.6 cm x 50.8 cm) - 2017
With .1% of the world population holding 90% of the world’s wealth, with world poverty increasing at an alarming rate, with fear and hate rising exponentially it is evident that we all now believe in an alternate god. The golden idol, it seems, is back with a vengeance.
Comments07/02/2017 #1 Bernard PoulinNotre dieu est mort. . . Longue vie à notre dieu alternatif - Huile & feuilles d'or (fausses) 40" x 20" (101.6 cm x 50.8 cm) -2017. Avec 0,1% de la population mondiale détenant 90% de la richesse mondiale, la pauvreté mondiale augmentant à un rythme alarmant, la peur et la haine augmentant de façon exponentielle, il est évident que nous croyons maintenant à un Dieu alternatif. Le mythe de l''idole d'or, prend une forme réelle.
- Producer29/12/2016Normalcy. . . And BeyondOur own little mental health nest?Are we interested in the likes of van Gogh, Egon Schiele and Edvard Munch because they (according to us) flirted with insanity? Or are we taken in by the universal powers inherent in their artworks? In effect,...
Comments29/12/2016 #2 Bernard Poulin#1 What we fail to (refuse to) accept re this 2% is that it isn't much larger than that, if that. Though we all have the ability to be creative, few of us take it to the level of "artistry" though so many of us boast or anxiously hope they will be seen to be artists. How our times are filled with "wanna-beism" and so little of that time is filled with basic solid creative expression. If only we would stop trying to be great and simply begin being "us". (which is superlatively OK!!!) :)
- On Life, Death And Nude Painting (2015) - Cover design for the book of the same name - Author : "moi" - This is a rather irreverent presentation of life in both the visual art studio world and the "other" worlds beyond it. The focus is on years of observations made and presented for consideration. I would hope the contents would stimulate thinking, discussions and. . . even. . . arguments. :)
Comments31/12/2016 #4 Bernard PoulinI don't know whether my full text has appeared with this posted artwork or whether there is a glitch in Bebee. I did not write just : "A Dangerous" . What I did write was that this painting created in 2010 was subsequently put away in storage in preparation for a move from my old studio to a new one. Difficult to hide, though, since it is 40" x 60". Part of a series of word paintings I began in 1995, it has never been exhibited or shown., Its goal is to stir thinking - an obsession of mine since we seem less prone today to exercise this capacity of uber importance to our survival.
- Depuis des millénaires et ça à travers toutes les religions, l’humain se reconnait “humain” - les variances de la bonté mesurée que par la capacité de l’un et l’autre d’être à son meilleur aujourd’hui, afin d’essayer plus fort demain. Donc une bonté naturelle a toujours été reconnue, malgré nos “taches originelles”. Mais aujourd’hui, les temps sont ennuagés par une dictature pharisaïque. On dicte à la masse ce qui est et ce qui n’est pas “bon” - et ça du haut d’un “Mont” réservé à une élite des “choisis” qui s’enrobent d’une droiture vraie afin d’éliminer toute variance dans la reconnaissance de la valeur des “autres”.
Throughout time and within all religious beliefs, the varying “grays” in the human make up have been respected as a collective’s recognition of every individual’s capacity to be “excellent” - that which drives us to be the best we can be today with the proviso that being better in the morrow is always possible. From birth our basic goodness has been noted; despite each our “original sin”. But today, goodness is being redefined - re-calibrated to meet the impositions of a select few who, at the peak of their Mount of Self-Righteousness haughtily dictate the parameters of “their Truth” to the hordes who will forever be seen to be in need of “reform”.
- Franco - Être francophone chez-soi n'est pas toujours facile. Depuis 1638 mes ancêtres sont enracinés au Canada. Et toujours. . . on veut m'arracher mes racines et me peindre "anglo". . . Malgré tout, je suis "Franco" et Franco je demeurerai.
- 12/07/2016Carte postale de Russie
- 11/07/2016Dernier jour de l'expo
- 06/07/2016On a retrouvé l'accrédiation de Saint Exupéry, envoyé spécial pendant la guerre d'Espagne
- 06/07/2016Chichén Itzá, l'une des "nouvelles merveilles du monde"
- Producer28/06/2016La PrièreQuand la sombre forêt sur moi s’est refermée Et que tous les chemins sans issue furent coupés Quand j’ai réalisé qu’il n’y avait plus de voie De chagrin j’ai gravé les rochers de mes doigts J’avais fini de croire car je ne...