- Producer17/10/2017Importance of Search Engine Optimization and Website AuditingIf you are new to digital marketing or online marketing concept then you should know understanding and implementing SEO is crucial to significantly increasing your traffic and brand awareness. Right now, millions of people are looking...
- Producer10/10/2017Why Active Listening Is The Sales Skill You Need To Learn NOWI get waaaay too many calls these days where the person on the other end just starts talking at me, making major assumptions about what I need without ever slowing down to ask. And just about every time, I’m so turned off by this self-centric...
- Producer05/10/2017Successfully Run a Drip Marketing CampaignHave You Seen These Drip Marketing Statistic? After looking at these stats are you asking yourself…If 80% of sales happen in between the 5th & 12th contact why are only 10% of sales people attempting to contact a prospect more than 3 times?It’s...
- Producer04/10/2017Answering Quora: Why should you outsource your data cleansing and enhancement services?Businesses today should know more than just to implement digital marketing strategies. B2B enterprises, in particular, should go beyond content and focus mostly on the crucial aspects of their marketing efforts.In terms of lead generation and...
- Producer04/10/2017What is Digital Marketing and SEO?If you been familiar with concept like product marketing and advertising, then you must have heard about digital marketing time to time. Still as per our experience, many people don't know enough about it, when they come to us for digital marketing...
- Producer02/10/2017Nobody's Interested In Your Opportunites? Consider This...Modi OperandiI make it a practice to make 20 new friends a day on various social media platforms. 80% of my clients come from engaging my audience of followers in conversation. Speaking to so many people on a daily bases has made me aware of what I...
- 01/10/2017HUMORInstagram post by Yolanda A.M. • Oct 29, 2015 at 8:19pm UTCwww.instagram.com 12 Likes, 1 Comments - Yolanda A.M. (@yolcomunica) on Instagram: “#humor #marketer #meme #digitalmarketing #cliente #customer #marketingdigital #email...
- Producer30/09/2017Instagram... as a visual automation hub?Instagram is familiar to most business people as a top branding tool. But it can also be used as an easy and functional automation tool for an individual or team. You will need a few extra features. One of those is insta - manager chrome extension....
- Producer28/09/2017Facebook wants to be the best alternative to LinkedInFacebook wants to be the best alternative to LinkedIn. Facebook wants to become the only platform you spend your time on. It swallowed Instagram, it swallowed WhatsApp, it’s strangling Twitter and it’s trying to strangle Snapchat. During the past...
Comments01/10/2017 #70 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand Ambassador#69 Jaja, I am not worried, nor did I misunderstand the meaning of your intent. Social media tools can easily become double blade. However for tech savvy like me we know our ways around to get users life easier, thanks to opensource community. I help government agencies and National TV broadcasters in the educative mission to vulgarize software and web based technologies, including mobiles. The famous 3-5 minutes format showcase. FB can be tamed.lol01/10/2017 #68 Franci🐝Eugenia Hoffman, beBee Brand AmbassadorIt takes innovation, time and patience. We must stay strong and look at the long-term picture. Quality over quantity. Analyze current strategies and trends - take a step back to see what's working and what's not working. Respect and promote each other and the beBee brand. Share, share and share across all platforms. FB started in 2004 and beBee is still young so we need to put the push on. There is an abundance of talent on beBee and I feel we can make this work.01/10/2017 #67 AnonymousSome changes, updates, outcomes and improvements are required. Also, careful analysis of current trends, statistics, key performance indicators, marketing strategy and future measures for sustainable development. People also expect both the social and the business components.30/09/2017 #66 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand Ambassador#65 OKay Mamen, no hurry. I am still around.jajajaja. It would be a pleasure and honor. And from your end, a few innovation's scoops in Exclusive. My friends and I have launched start-ups from beBee affinity networks...si si, de verdad, you can interview them also if you wish hahaha. It is incredible what can happen on beBee!30/09/2017 #63 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand AmbassadorFacebook isn't a for, it is if I may say so, full of friends waiting for us to tell them. Story + a call to action. Facebook is full of friends with no affinities, now beBee Affinity database can fin it's way to build relationships up to....friendship.30/09/2017 #62 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand AmbassadorInnovations take time. Give it to the team and let's keep the faith and our user's loyalty. With the human short memory attention span, re-branding and re-building on specific segments of population is still possible. Now we all hope that future enhancement will not be a catch up after competition's features. That would be a hell of disappointement and a fall back to aficionados. Meanwhile @Lance 🐝 Scoular we can conduct and perform meaningful innovative initiatives bringing new users to beBee. Won't take much a trimester to beta test an finally launch a beBee new version. The perfect x-mas gift!30/09/2017 #60 Noemi Barrazueta, MBA#54 Thank you @Lance 🐝 Scoular for tagging me on your comment. I just want to say thank you for introducing me to this platform, you're doing an amazing work promoting and serving as a beBee Ambassador - I'm pretty sure @Javier 🐝 beBee, @David B. Grinberg and all the beBee team are proud to have you as an Ambassador.
Since I've joined beBee, I've been lucky to meet many amazing people and I'm looking forward to meeting many more wonderful Bees, please feel free connect and say 'Hi'.
Have a great weekend!
Note: Hablo Ingles, Espanol y tambien entiendo un poco de Italiano y Portugues :)30/09/2017 #59 Lance 🐝 ScoularPART 6 and FINAL
As engaging, friendly, supportive and encouraging as
@Javier 🐝 beBee
@Matt 🐝 Sweetwood
@John White, MBA
@Federico 🐝 Álvarez San Martín
and the rest if the beBee team are, I believe that, at present, if we collectively can attract the needed younger generations to beBee, they will not hang around long enough to experince the beBee cullture, before buzzing off to find what they percieve to be greener pastures.
-IT MAY TAKE LONGER THAN 3 SECONDS TO DISENGAGE
- BUT THEY WILL DISENGAGE.
I trust that I, together with all the beBee community, can speedily effect the necessary enhacements to progress beBee onwards and upwards, buzzing to new hights and continuing success.
from my 📱
FINI30/09/2017 #58 Lance 🐝 ScoularPART 5
*** If I as a 68 year old wrinkly, who LOVES beBee, feels hamstrung and frustrated, how do you think a 16 year old entrepreneur, used to Snapchat and Instagram, who wants to engage with mature business people and mentors on beBee, yet finds the infrastructure is less than user friendly.
I am reasonably forbearing and patient.
I suspect Millenials are not.
continued PART 630/09/2017 #55 Lance 🐝 ScoularContinued PART 4
9) Some critical issues I believe beBee needs to address.
- From my understanding, the beBee userbase has not rissen markedly in the year compared to the first years.
- Speed of incremental improvements needs to increase.
- Actions not vague or unkept promises are required.
- Specifically, Live Buzz, to my experience has not improved sufficiently since its release a year ago.
-Live Buzz would be my prefered means tlar to Snivartphone, like MIr on my phone's keypad.
- video definition leaves a lot to be desired.
- still no zoom which Snapchat has.
- no download of the produced video to repurpose on phone or computer.
- On Snapchat I created Memories - My Story in real time, saved it to Gallery on my phone and could then Tweet it, as well as upload it to my YouTube channel.
- ALL from my phone, wherever I was.
- I cannot do this on beBee
- Live Buzz content can't be viewed by a non beBee member.
Continued PART 530/09/2017 #54 Lance 🐝 ScoularContinued PART 3
8) I joined beBee in July 2016, on the invitation of @David B. Grinberg
who I now count as a (virtual) friend.
- I spent some time exploring beBee and viewing content.
- I then commenced using Producer with some articles adapted from LinkedIn long form articles.
-I also started to promote beBee on Snapchat using innovative graphics and 10 second videos.
- I created two multimedia projects utilising text, graphics and/or video for multichannel publishing primarily on beBee, Snapchat and YouTube then shared on Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Social Media Cross-Pollination Enhanced with beBee Oct 13, 2016
- Things Your Smartphone Replaced or Will Replace In The Future Oct 27, 2016 https://www.bebee.com/producer/@lancescoular/things-your-smartphone-replaced-or-will-replace-in-the-future
- As I gained confidence with beBee I started to refer people who sent me Linkedin invitations (I recieve about 5-10 per day mainly from my various Twitter handles) to my most viewed beBee article:
"10 Reasons Social Media Won’t Work For Your Small Business" http://dld.bz/ffW5U .
A recent beBee member who travelled my convoluted beBee marketing funnel (Twitter > LinkedIn > beBee) is my Spanish speaking, fellow Aussie Sydneysider, @Noemi Barrazueta, MBA
who has quickly embraced the beBee culture and has contributed #42 below.
Continued PART 430/09/2017 #53 Lance 🐝 ScoularContinued PART 2
6) The MARKET will determine whether or not beBee SURVIVES.
7) I researched Snapchat for a month last year, via online articles and YouTube, to determine whetherke me could engage as a content marketer (predominantly video and graphics) before joining Snapchat early April 2016.
I then spent a month following well known marketers to see how they were engaging the predominently 13-24 age group.
I then started "doing my thing" and gradually built a substantial following (which is not a particularly easy thing on Snapchat) and "learned on the job" from savvy YOUNGSTERS, how to better engage.
UNFORTUNATELY, I had to drop my Snapchat involvement early this year as as I felt I needed to devote more time, effort and resources to BEBEE.
***I hope I made the right decision***
Why do I say this?
During my 10 months, actively using Snapchat (not an ambassador or investor in Snapchat)
- I was asked to be a beta tester.
- new or updated features were regularly realeased, generally for the better.
- there were crashes and user issues but resolution processes worked well.
- many users helped me when I stuffed things up and in turn I helped other users with their Snapchat issues.
- this was enabled via PEER to PEER contact via TEXT, VOICE and real time VIDEO - ON MY PHONE on Snapchat.
- Using the independent app Ghostcodes, I could guage the increasing user base of Snapchat users and also what other sopchat. (beBee is not an optional display on Ghostcodes)
Continued PART 330/09/2017 #51 Lance 🐝 ScoularPART 1
1) I agree with much of the sentiments of both the article and the commentstors below.
2) I LOVE beBee and the beBee community and the supportive nature within it.
3) I have worked in the social media aspect with a number of start-ups here in Australia and 1 mature company as an investor of TIME my NETWORK resources but NOT MONEY, as well as a "brand ambassador" for them.
Some have failed, others have flatlined.
4) Like the comentators below I want beBee to SUCCEED.
I don't count myself an expert on the article's subject matter or the comments I share below.
However, I have growing concerns for the ongoing viability of beBee competing with Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat and more to the point, NEW DISRUPTIVE platforms that will no doubt come along.
(Abraham Lincoln's success, in part was NOT to have "yes men" surround him.
I trust @Juan Imaz
and @Javier 🐝 beBee
have similar attributes and will take my points as constructive and in the BEST interests of beBee.)
5) Like LI, FB, TW, SC and INST, beBee is a business.
It has to provide VALUE to its shareholders, investors (which includes brand ambassadors - investing time and resources), advertisers and members - who are also investing their time and resources.
Everyone looks for RETURN ON INVESTMENT (ROI) in some form or other.
Continued PART 229/09/2017 #50 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand Ambassador#49 @Mamen 🐝 Delgado don't do that, jajaja...there are many ways to limitate FB features invasions and countestrike by draining their audience to ours. I will show you how and the tools when you have time; In the meantime check this (taking advantage of FB to drain their audience to MybeBeeTV: https://www.facebook.com/groups/710567269127414 ) By the way, I am ready when you are for our September's interview we talk about long time ago. You just need a webcam + a laptop + send me your email or skype ID inbox so i can invite you to a Live streaming session. We will invcentive FB users worldwide to join beBee together.
- Producer20/02/2017beBee, an engagement-based communityRemember – relationships matter We can use community engagement processes that help build or strengthen relationships rather than undermine them . Having introductions, working in small groups, having tea and coffee are very basic ways we...
Comments26/09/2017 #62 Preston 🐝 Vander Ven#59 I see this so much. Thank You for this system. I have never been able to reach so many people until I saw that little bee on my Twitter page a year ago. That Bee's smile was so unique and inviting, I click on the page without reading the title. Your four traits you shared is what first sold me into this great community.26/09/2017 #60 Simone Luise Hardtgreat (promo ;) article :) thanks :* Javier :) and cute little bee hahhahahhaa lol :) really an eye-catcher ;) my thanks :* to the creator of that one too :) and it has been my pleasure be(e)ing on bB again. Until next time :) stay engaged & motivated :) You´ve really got a very nice platform here :) (Am off now, need to check up on my other "eggs" lol ;) Have a lovely day & evening today! all of you :) here at bee-land :)
Regards Simone :) campaign@work(c)28/06/2017 #59 Javier 🐝 beBeeRemember this:
1.- Your content is delivered to all of your network.
2.- Your content is automatically top ranked on Google Search Engine.
3.- Your quality content reaches your target affinity groups.
4.- Your content can be distributed through Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+.05/06/2017 #55 Lance 🐝 Scoular🐝
Remember- Relationships Matter
All Life is Relational
The universe is a relationship with all components with each other.
The earths rekationship with the Sun and Moon give us energy and rest.
= life giving relationship
🐝+🌺=🍯06/04/2017 #49 🐝 Fatima G. Williams#47 I am going to start a thread of comments on this one by beginning with the 100th person who clicked on relevant which is @Savvy Raj and saying how beBee helped me know that person.
Bebee is a great place to be " because I met Savvy Raj who shares her experiences on taking up volunteering initiatives towards encouraging and motivating senior citizens & empowering women and to lead an active lifestyle by conducting special workshops for them"
I started now its @Lada 🏡 Prkic and @Savvy Raj's turn to pick how you got to know someone through beBee just 2 lines would do :)
- 17/09/2017Ouch! People trust Congress more than they trust us marketers!The 10 Industries Most Distrusted by US Consumerswww.marketingprofs.com The oil/petroleum and marketing/advertising industries are the most distrusted by consumers in the United States. See the remaining least-trusted industries in the...
- 17/09/2017Good marketing lesson.Why Amazon Will Probably Fail With Whole Foodswww.inc.com Amazon has already damaged Whole Foods hard-won reputation for the highest quality at a (justifiably) high...
- 15/09/2017Watch the Video for great content creation.Free Trial | Content Samuraibit.ly
- 14/09/201709/14/2017 It's RU OK Day TODAY!
#RUOK? on #RUOKDayShowing Australia you've got what it takes We’ve travelled 14,000 km, visited 30 communities and shown countless Australians how to Ask R U OK?, Listen, Encourage action and Check in. Because we’ve...
- 12/09/2017A lead generation idea shared over there by @Virag🐝 G.
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6313435077971972096Virág Gulyás on LinkedIn: "I see so many people…www.linkedin.com I see so many people overestimating getting leads (whatever you define as your demanded lead) by their online presence that they forget to get them...
- Producer12/09/2017Entrepreneur's Confession : 3 factors an entrepreneur should valueSince the age of 10 years old, I knew I wanted to own my business though having no one around me who owned their business, I knew I had a long way to go to understand the mechanics of launching, building and sustaining a business that can be...
- Producer09/09/2017Selling Cadavers.I thought I'd add something here to the discussion about advertising (Paul Walters, et al). This is part of a book I've been writing called: Napalm Has Its Uses (How to succeed in advertising without really frying)."Many a small thing has been made...
- Producer07/09/2017An Opinion on Digital AdvertisingI sometimes like to go back to stuff I wrote a couple of years back to see if it's still relevant today, And damned if I didn't hit one of the first try. The digital marketing industry is under intense pressure these days because of issues...
Comments11/09/2017 #11 Jason BaudendistelInteresting post as someone who has spent a a good portion of my career in digital marketing and definitely understands the importance of ROI their are some parallels. Free digital marketing such as SEO or close to free such as having a web presence are quite useful. However, digital advertising one unless you have a high end product or service is not very cost effective for most business models anymore unless the sole purpose is branding and even then unless you have money to burn not advisable. I have only done so much of the offline marketing world but it's pretty hard not to find a positive ROI on the dirt cheap options such as direct mail and paper flyers you can print yourself.08/09/2017 #7 Jim Murray#3 Thanks @ Paul. I know you are more or less out of it. And I guess I am too, doing more of a communications consulting role these days. But you are right. There are too many people in advertising these days without much of a clue. They thing the smart phone is the be all and end all.08/09/2017 #5 Renée 🐝 CormierI have always been a fan of taking an integrated approach to marketing, combining both traditional and social media for maximum reach and impact, One of the many advantages of being deliberately integrated is that it naturally puts everybody on the same path with the same message. Many hands make light work.08/09/2017 #4 Jerry Fletcher@Jim Murray Once again with feeling! I lament almost daily that "They don't know what they don't know!" Strangely enough there is a start up I'm working with that might be able to put a digital call to action button on broadcast media. Early trial in a tiny town knocked it out of the park. Like any good Direct Marketing capability it uses sales as the basis for all the other analytics.08/09/2017 #3 Paul Walters@Jim Murray ( sorry this is in two parts as my word count was too long to send. Digital advertising is on the whole rubbish but what about those appalling retail ads for supermarkets or car yards that dominated the airwaves ( prior to ad blockers and watch on demand TV ) And who really watches free to air TV these days? Today, its a little like throwing a dart at the board and hoping it lands in the right quadrant. How do the Procter & Gambles of the world judge sales related to advertising when just a decade ago a huge spend on TV would prompt the media department to say that the ad was "tracking well' or the OTS was growing. My years at Ogilvy taught me a lot and the meglomaniacal David Ogilvy predicted this era way back in the early 80s . I do however believe that long format copy/blogs, call it what you will does have some impact but the trouble is ....where do you put said blog? Whew ...I think this is the longest comment I have ever written on this platform.....Thanks Jim08/09/2017 #2 Paul Walters@Jim Murray Interesting piece, especially this bit, "As I see it, there are two problems with digital advertising. 1. Most of it sucks, and 2. Most of it appears in places where people don't really have their consumer dance shoes on. So what they're really doing is spraying and hoping to hit a few people. Or a few hundred or whatever." As I , like you worked with those tried and tested mediums print, radio, TV and outdoor, did we not plaster them with what we believed was brilliant creative. Were we not guilty of "spraying and hoping to hit a few people?" I came to the realisation that I didn't 'get' advertising any more when our biggest client ( a major bank' ) who had just signed off on our creative strategy asked , "So where do we run it " With a couple of hundred TV channels literally hundreds of radio stations, a print media hanging on to a sinking raft and an internet with a few billion users. I truthfully answered.... " Know what....I have no f#@@&%g idea!"
- ProducerEL HOMBRE QUE TODO LO SABEHay un tipo de persona, que todo lo sabe. Da igual que le hables del espacio, de la tortilla de patatas, de las redes sociales o de la marca personal. Este tipo cuando se pone hablar es un saco sin fondo, habla sobre cualquier tema que salga a la...
Comments07/09/2017 #51 Francisco LopezCiertmente hay personas asi. Sin embargo, no toda persona culta, educada e inteligente conforma este modelo, e independientemente de su personalidad o la forma en la que esta es percibida, y en algunos casos, envidiada, pudieran aportar con lo que saben. Muchas veces es cosa de manejarlos correctamente.
A Confucio, se le atribuye esto: "El que sabe, y sabe que sabe, es sabio, siguelo; El que sabe y no sabe que sabe, esta dormido, despiertalo; El que no sabe, y sabe que no sabe, es un nino, guialo; El que sabe y no sabe que no sabe, es un tonto, evitalo.06/09/2017 #49 Maite Barroso Del Cerro@Francisco Jose 🐝 Paredes Pérez Global Brand Ambassador también conocido como cansino!.06/09/2017 #46 José Luís Casado#45 Sí que es lapidaria la frase, sí. :-D Una cosa es opinar de algo indemostrable, en cuyo caso cada cual puede aseverar lo que quiera y porfiar porque es lo cierto y otra es afirmar sobre algo demostrable. Sobre algo demostrable solo hay una verdad y si el "sabelotodo equivocado" te suelta que esa es su verdad... creo que hay que dejarlo por imbécil. Otra cosa no se me ocurre :-D06/09/2017 #45 Pedro 🐝 Casanova#42 Hay muchísimos de esos . A mi los que "me sacan la piedra" son los que son bastante incultos...y cuando le demuestras que algo no es así. te sueltan un lapidario..."ESA ES MI VERDAD" ...
Para que hablar...la ignorancia es atrevida va a ser mi " mantra " en estos casos06/09/2017 #42 José Luís CasadoPues sí, gente así la encontraremos sin buscarla, aunque debo decir que soy un tipo afortunado porque no recuerdo haberme topado con ninguno. Debo decir también que a veces puedo parecer uno de ellos, porque (y no voy a pecar de falsa modestia) tengo bastantes conocimientos en diferentes materias debido a que soy una persona bastante curiosa, pero hay temas de los que no tengo ni idea, por ejemplo de temas relacionados con el interior del cuerpo, a lo que yo llamo generíamente "tripas". Con eso me pasa como con los coches de scalextric, que soy más carrocero que mecánico. Como suelo decir a mis cercanos cuando me preguntan algo que piensan que sé y que no sé (porque erroneamente creen que lo sé todo) :-D : Lo que sé, lo sé. Y lo que no sé, lo ignoro. :-D En el fondo esas personas que van de sabelotodo por la vida tienen un grave complejo de inferioridad.06/09/2017 #40 Fernando 🐝 Santa Isabel Llanos#8 Querido @Francisco Jose 🐝 Paredes Pérez Global Brand Ambassador, por supuesto que no es malo. Un abrazo y a volar muy alto!!05/09/2017 #38 Adela GarciaHalaaa!!! Que están saliendo a la palestra todos los perfiles escabrosos de la humanidad!!
Todos hemos tropezado con alguno así en nuestras vidas, ¿lo importante? No caer en la trampa y tirar por otro camino, no compensa perder el tiempo con ellos!!!
Enhorabuena, @Francisco Jose 🐝 Paredes Pérez Global Brand Ambassador, continua con la serie!!05/09/2017 #36 Ignacio OrnaBerlanga en su genial película Bienvenido Mister Marshall, hizo una crítica feroz de esto y de este tipo de engañanbobos y vendedores de crecepelo. No sé como logró colarsela a la censura en aquellos tiempos. Pero dentro de esa crítica y película el da su parecer en el personaje de D. Luis, que es el Pepito Grillo del pueblo y con el cual me identifico. Este momento se puede ver en el minuto 2´56 de este corte de la película. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuY93g2vJaY05/09/2017 #35 José Ramón 🐝 LópezDe est@s hay legión. Contra más lejos los tengamos mucho mejor. Como siempre genial @Francisco Jose 🐝 Paredes Pérez Global Brand Ambassador05/09/2017 #32 Irene 🐝 Rodriguez EscolarLa proxima vez que me miren
¡uy esta que todo lo sabe! (ojo hablo de gente aficionada a telebasura, que su pastor dice que averiguar según que cosas, no es bueno y ofende y, solo conoce facebook) yo devolveré una mirada satisfecha, sabiendo que aprendo de y con los mejores. Una foto estupenda @David 🐝 Martín Alonso05/09/2017 #31 Ignacio Orna#27 #27 A mi me vienen cantidad de veces a preguntar cosas que desconozco y cuando digo que no sé, pero que pregunten a tal persona o en tal sitio, me miran como si fuera un marciano, puesto que están acostumbrados a dar con gente que dicen y van diciendo de que lo saben todo y conmigo como yo les digo que no lo sé, se llevan un tremendo chasco.
- Producer05/09/2017Corpoworking - Coworking Principles Utilised By Large Enterprise CompaniesWith more than 500 open workspaces at the moment, France has become one of the major players in coworking in Europe. But beyond the simple sharing of spaces, a trend has started to become established: that of corpoworking, coworking in a...
- Producer04/09/20175 common landing-page image mistakesBeautiful women always attract attention. Beautiful cars make passers-by turn and look. Beautifully packaged sells goods faster. Appearance is always the first thing to impress us. And what kind of first impression does your landing page design...
- Producer04/09/2017Getting Marketing RightSo many organizations get it wrong! So many (more) individuals get it wrong! Maybe because they interpret the term quite literally. A popular dictionary defines marketing (the noun) as "the action or business of promoting and selling products or...
- Producer03/09/2017How to Use Storytelling Ethically Extract from The 4-Week MBAStorytelling is crucial to creating a business that sticks in people’s mind. On the other hand, we want also to make sure to find the sweet spot and make it an ethical process. How? By answering three main questions:Is...
Comments03/09/2017 #2 Gennaro Cuofano#1 Hi Devesh, excellent points! Storytelling is more of an art than a science and truth at times is more a perspective than an objective thing. Take the case when you watch a movie. You see things from the protagonist's point of view. Even when that protagonist might be a bad person you identify with him because that is the part of the story you see and empathize with. That is called protagonist-centered morality. The same applies to everything else. Certain things are inherently wrong. The rest is a matter of interpretation and perspective. We, humans, tend to build narratives that by time to time we adapt to our experiences to create a form of what psychologists call synthetic happiness. In another occasion, we may go deeper into the topic, but you get the point. Storytelling is a powerful marketing device. It has to be used correctly to avoid deceiving people. However, reality can most of the time be interpreted in several ways. And if you find the narrative that makes your story more compelling that is the way to go. Hope I was clear :)03/09/2017 #1 Devesh 🐝 BhattThe story could have been about a character or the story could have been called an inspiration. Instead it is projected as "the source". A projection for which the story itself has fabricated elements crafted into it.
True, it gets people to be enthusiastic, but it is also true that some may feel cheated upon discovering the fabrication. So for the enthusiasm of the majority, a few may suffer emotionally?
Also, by acceptig such fabrications and the rise in volume of such fabricated content, are we not getting conditioned to fabricate. If we are unable to shift gears between "fabrications" and fact, is it not ultimately making the world more unethical?
My questions do carry an inherent bias, but biases change with discovery.
Thanks again for such an interesting post.
- Producer01/09/2017Never Make a Grammar Mistake Again with your Content Marketing We write dozens of emails per day, most of them get written when we rush, are tired or not paying full attention. Others write content to build their online following and build a sales funnel that converts. Yet the difference between being an...
- 31/08/2017Excerpt and interview....Book Reviews, Book Recommendations, Writing Tips and Publishing Advice | This is Writingthisiswriting.com We are for readers and writers. Helping readers find what to read next and authors to finish their book, get it published and how to market your work. Every word...