- 23/03/2017#NationalPuppyDay - This one is for the curly tail fans. 11 seconds of explosive puppy curiosity.Zanzi's first video A puppy has to run around and ignore her...
- 23/03/2017It is #NationalPuppyDay - Hard to believe it has been 7 years since the events I wrote about in my book. Life is a wave filled with the most spectacular moments www.insightsoccur.com/2ndZanzi has something to say Just a snippet of...
Comments23/03/2017 #3 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.so true angel @Deb 🐝 Helfrich
- Producer11/03/2017Doing The Right Thing Is The Hardest Thing...*picture courtesy The Mirror Doing The Right Thing Its the most difficult thing in the world for those of us who live with and love our dogs, dogs that go far beyond what any dog could be asked to do. Our military...
Comments12/03/2017 #4 Lisa (Panaccione) VaughtYes, and unfortunately degenerative myleopathy is a common condition in old age in our service dogs especially K9 cops and military, they do such strenous jobs.And they are big dogs. Even at their proper weight, its a common old age malady.
People get this too as they age. It's called Degenerative Disc Disease. We are able to do more for people re: stablizing the spine, pain control, accupuncture and chiropractic. Plus people can tell you exactly where it hurts.11/03/2017 #2 Lisa (Panaccione) Vaught#1 Javier, thank you so much. When I read about Sgt. Smith, it sure struck a chord with me. I held my first 'forever' service dog, Jet, in my arms as he was put down. The hardest and most heartrenching thing I ever had to do. He had cancer, and we couldn't control his pain anymore, I promised him never would he have any pain. It was Good Friday, and he ate an entire cadre of marshmellow "Peeps" on the way to the vets.
- 24/02/2017TAXES, DEATH & TAXES or DEATH BY TAXESCrusoe the Dachshund Does His Taxes Want Crusoe to do your taxes? He'll probably do them incorrect, late, and a mess - but he guarantees a whole lot of passion! Find more at...
- Producer22/02/2017Discovering Drugs On The Border: Will Some Of Our New Hires Have Four Feet And a Tail?*picture courtesy U.S. Border Patrol. K9 Lazer, who died in the line of duty trying to track an illegal immigrant in the heat.* I've heard about the amazing amount of new hires that the border patrol is going to get in the next bit, and the...
- Producer18/02/2017Look For Hearts In Nature,They're Everywhere, Just Like Love Is!First off.... Happy Valentines Day! What a great holiday to have...one that celebrates human beings love for one another. We positively don't have enough love in this big old world anymore, and having Valentines Day once a year helps. We need to...
- Producer14/02/2017A Tale of Grief and Puppy Love by Deb Helfrich - A Must read for all Canine lovers.My Valentine's day just got better on completing this awesome book by @Deb Helfrich . A recommended read to all ! Dogs die. But dogs live, too. Right up until they die, they live. They live brave, beautiful lives. They protect their families. And...
Comments25/02/2017 #13 🐝 Fatima Williams#11@Deb 🐝 Helfrich That was such an awesome thing you did. Thank you. I feel so honoured too. I was showing off to everyone 🤗😍🤗 I really loved and enjoyed the book immensely. I wish time and money will help me realise the dream of having a canine friend. Sorry for the late reply. Works keeping me on my toes.14/02/2017 #10 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.Happy Valentines day to Fatima Williams, Deb Helrich and all bees, what a beautiful way, Fatima to honor Deb!14/02/2017 #3 Deb 🐝 Helfrich@🐝 Fatima Williams - what a precious gift. You have made my heart do loop-de-loops of joy.
I cannot imagine any better accolade as a writer. To find out that I created a world full of the joy and reality of life with a dog so vividly that even someone who has yet to arrive at a place in her life amenable to a canine companion was able to imagine the overwhelming sense of being alive that comes by sharing a part of our journey with a four-legged friend.
I will treasure this buzz for the rest of my life. My sincerest gratitude!
- 14/02/2017My Valentine's day just got better on completing this awesome book by @Deb 🐝 Helfrich .
Dogs die. But dogs live, too. Right up until they die, they live. They live brave, beautiful lives. They protect their families. And love us. And make our lives a little brighter. And they don't waste time being afraid of tomorrow - Dan Gemeinhart
You can purchase her e-book at https://www.insightsoccur.com/ A must read for all Dog lovers ❤
- Producer09/02/2017Spring is Almost Here - Get Your Pet Ready for Warmer WeatherCold boring winter is coming closer to an end and it is finally time to go out and play. You and your pets are probably happy about it, but there are some things to be done before the hotter weather comes. Make a list, get the equipment and get...
- Producer05/02/2017All Sorts Of K9 Cops At SuperBowl, Protecting From Terrorism~ Over 200 K9 Cops Will Be There: sniffer dogs, bomb detection dogs, air-sniffing dogs...K9 Sarik, a bomb-sniffer dogs, and his partner K9 officer Chris Salopek have been tasked to help with the Super Bowl. It's by far the biggest venue that they've ever worked. K9 Sarik and partner Chris are the only K9 team in Monterrey...
- Producer30/01/2017Even Tho Having A Dog Of Their Own Is Delayed By President Trump ~ The First Family Well-Protected By Jordan the Belgian Malinoit, And Soon Another Helper With Him As Well.* This is Canine Cop Jordan, whose beat is the White House. He is awaiting a new dog partner, since Hurricaine his dog partner was retired in November.* It may be a while before the Trumps get a dog. President Trumps little boy Baron, is very...
- 30/01/2017These are the ‘smartest’ dog breeds, according to a canine psychologistgrendz.com There’s no easy way to rate dog intelligence. As canine psychologist Stanley Coren wrote back in the 90s, there’s adaptive intelligence (i.e., figuring stuff out), working intelligence (i.e., following orders), and instinctive intelligence (i.e.,...
- Producer19/01/2017It's 11 pm. Do you know where your power button is?Dear reader... I've resurrected this old post from my blog, because occasionally I need to remind myself of my own advice...Enjoy._______________________________________________________________________________I blame this post on our dog. In her...
Comments26/01/2017 #13 Kevin Pashuk#8 Thanks for commenting Lisa. My wife says I have 2 speeds... On. and Off. I normally fall asleep and stay asleep till the alarm goes off, but do occasionally knock the rhythm off track and have trouble sleeping. It's usually due to the factors I mentioned in this post.20/01/2017 #8 Lisa 🐝 GallagherTurn off the pc too! I've been telling my husband this for a long time. He knows it's true but is a type A (chronic thinker) until his brain/body finally give out. He never sleeps well, talks in his sleep and wakes easily. Do you wake easily @Kevin Pashuk View moreTurn off the pc too! I've been telling my husband this for a long time. He knows it's true but is a type A (chronic thinker) until his brain/body finally give out. He never sleeps well, talks in his sleep and wakes easily. Do you wake easily @Kevin Pashuk? Lack of sleep on a continual basis can lead to physical ailments. My husband gets complex migraines and is now on a crap load of meds to keep them from appearing. I am no one to offer advice since I'm an insomniac but I can say one thing, my dog goes out late because of my schedule and my husband doesn't have to worry about the dog in the early am. Geez, we all need to get some sleep around here! Thanks for the links and reposting this. Close19/01/2017 #5 Kevin Pashuk#4 Sounds like you hire smart people Paul... that was a great response. For the record, now I don't send emails out late at night, but am guilty of reading on my iPad in bed. I really should use my Kobo reader (like a Kindle) that doesn't have the bad little LEDs that affect sleep.19/01/2017 #4 Paul Walters@Kevin Pashuk Did you or do you still send employees e mails at 11pm at night. ? One of my employees once asked why did exactly that at 12, pm 1 am or sometimes 3 am . My reply.? "Well I do it because I don't sleep very well." His reply , " did you ever think you are keeping me awake by doing that.!" Great piece kevin, no off you go and get some sleep!!!19/01/2017 #3 Kevin Pashuk#2 Thanks for the hints Devesh. I'm sure all the readers who suffer from insomnia will appreciate this.
My issue is not that I don't get enough sleep, but enough of the right kind of sleep... that deep REM sleep where your body restores itself. I do like the advice about chewing.. it justifies my bedtime snack. :)19/01/2017 #2 Devesh BhattSomethings in a combination worked for me. I don't know if they would work for you.
A boss of mine suffered from.insomnia and liked me to help him at work , 5 months down I was having sleep problems , couldn't sleep more than 2 hrs in one go and 4 hrs in a day and I'm from a cold area, Delhi heat was exhausting.
I was adviced to do these, chew anything for a long time while doing work in the evening, if I have anything chilled it should be 3 hrs before sleep.
Do squats or push-ups when I want to sleep wait to calm down and do Yog Nidra ( Nidra means sleep) It's nothing simply imagining your body parts to bore yourself to sleep and once you get the hang of it, start imagining them as vital and in good shape.
After 2 days, start having a lot of water during the day.
It worked for me and then helped my old boss get some sleep.
- Producer17/01/2017Obama's Dog Sunny Bites Whitehouse VisitorThe Obama's dog, the female: Sunny, decided to protect her personal space when a family friend of one of the Obama's girls decided to greet the family dog in an entirely inappropriate way ~ the eighteen-year old pushed her face right up to...
- 15/01/2017Sir Kay! As a Scottish Deerhound. Sir Kay is remarked to have been very tall. I had considered a Leonburger, but I wanted something a bit more lithe. I think Leonburger may come up for one of the other knights though, rest assured.