- 03/09/2016https://niume.com/pages/post/?postID=81233 - article about our e-book "The Heart Warming Story of the Unfolding of a Rigid Man"
- 01/09/2016Out-Thinking Parkinson's: Volume Oneniume.com This e-book contains over 100 pages of unique insights into how to live well and recover from Parkinson's Disease. The book follows and documents the self-experiments and recovery experiences of myself, Dr Gary Sharpe, diagnosed with the Early Onset...
- 30/07/2016"Forced to send a connection request herself, Deb then waited until her authentic way to operate on LinkedIn produced results. Gary sat up and took notice when the senior management of LinkedIn commented on her posts. He connected with Deb on September 15th and sent back a response that she found both very alluring and perplexing, which had Deb trying to uncover the underlying meaning for the next six weeks.
Gary continued to publish articles, mainly about digital marketing, while Deb saw a business opportunity in combining forces with him. Deb began to approach Gary about working together. Eventually, a phone call was made and each felt an immediate thrill at the sound of the others voice. Gary was intrigued by the interest Deb was showing in him and he started to have an unusual sense of trust in her. On October 26th, Gary revealed to Deb that he had Early Onset Parkinson’s Disease, a fact which he had kept totally hidden from his network. Moved by her response, Gary wrote his first article of a quite different tone and nature than anything he had written before…"
~ excerpt from http://www.outthinkingparkinsons.com/downloads/heartwarmingMinds And Hearts And Hearts And Minds on LinkedIn.www.linkedin.com Originally published in October 2015, this article now forms part of the narrative of our new book "The Heartwarming Story of the Unfolding of a Rigid Man" Forced to send a connection request...
- 28/07/2016Now available for direct download from the out-thinking parkinson's websiteThe Heartwarming Story of the Unfolding of a Rigid Manlnkd.in This 80 page e-book download, in PDF format, is a prelude to the "Out-Thinking Parkinson's" Series. Dr Gary Sharpe, was diagnosed with Early Onset Parkinson’s Disease at the age of 35, at the peak of high flying career as a Scientist. Gary...
- 10/07/2016More excellent reviews of our e-book "The Heartwarming Story of the Unfolding of a Rigid Man" are in! Find it on Amazon Kindle.
- 07/07/2016The Sharpe-Helfrich Method: Ten Simple but Powerful Techniques for Movement Recovery http://amzn.to/29sSdHA
Comments20/07/2016 #1 Margaret Aranda, MD, PhDI've seen several of these videos, and I see some crossover between what @Gary Sharpe is talking about here, and what @Leckey Harrison brings forth also. Both treatments/ modalities for tremors, shaking...with Leckey's added dimension of stress-relief for PTSD. Awesome stuff, and let us keep this conversation going, please!
- 03/07/2016Holistic recovery from Parkinson's from the perspective of a sufferer and a primary carer.
This unique book on the subject explains: the role of diet, supplements; why special forms of exercise are crucial to getting movement back; why music and music therapy are vital; the importance of mental health and emotional wellbeing - including the vital role of positive mind set and addressing sleep issues. The book includes links to lots of resources. It includes links to a series of videos which show the results for the author, unequivocally demonstrating massive improvement in his condition, physical, mental and emotional, over a very short timeframe. The book is intended to show that under the right conditions, there is hope and the narrative of slow decline is not the only possibility.
Comments04/07/2016 #13 Margaret Aranda, MD, PhD#12 Goodreads is a separate social media "Community," so be sure and gain Followers, list related books in your genre, and honestly add Authors/books that you like! My most active Follower is LA Wonder 10 (I think), so follow her! She ROCKS! Having a Goodreads site gives you another "ping" on a Google search of your own name!04/07/2016 #11 Margaret Aranda, MD, PhD#10 We need to get that word outside of the Hive, as we will do for all. I've asked @Gary Sharpe to put an Author Interview on my blog....and I think that all of us should write down these assessments on Amazon and Goodreads. If you are an "Almost-Author," start gathering your interests and Friends on Goodreads now. !04/07/2016 #10 Lisa 🐝 Gallagher@Paul "Pablo" Croubalian wrote: " This book is about more than what Gary says. I don't have Parkinsons'. Apart from Gary, I don't know anyone who does. It was still a great read. It's about the human mind's ability to surmount obstacles, no matter how great. It's uplifting and highly recommended."03/07/2016 #8 Margaret Aranda, MD, PhD#4 The appeal to the larger audience of Caregivers, family, friends, motivation, perseverance, surmounting all the odds....it's all in there, @Gary Sharpe. Stay tuned as I put my books up for critique and sharing, too! Anyone here want a free e-book to read & review? @Sara Jacobovici, @Lisa 🐝 Gallagher, @Leckey Harrison, @Michele Williams, @Deb 🐝 Helfrich, @debasish majumder, @Gerald Hecht, @Randy Keho, @Franci🐝Eugenia Hoffman, @Ali Anani, @Paul "Pablo" Croubalian? We should all be doing this for one another. Yes?03/07/2016 #7 Margaret Aranda, MD, PhD#4 @Paul "Pablo" Croubalian, @Gary Sharpe, @Deb 🐝 Helfrich, @(which other women have a book already written?) @Leckey Harrison, @Sara Jacobovici, @Lisa 🐝 Gallagher, @Rebel Brown, @Michele Williams, @Gerald Hecht, @(which others have heard, 'You Need to Write a Book!") ~ Great coaching, Pablo! Yes, Gary....these are pearls of wisdom. Thank you as we are all here to learn an absorb to make better honey!03/07/2016 #4 Paul "Pablo" CroubalianThis book is about more than wht Gary says. I don't have Parkinsons'. Apart from Gary, I don't know anyone who does. It was still a great read. It's about the human mind's ability to surmount obstacles, no matter how great. It's uplifting and highly recommended.
- 29/06/2016Well, I've had 2 Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI), each with diabetes insipidus (DI) & you gotta get the best out of a bad situation. I did it with God's help, and visited the door to Heaven in a Near-Death Experience (NDE). I was in the hospital, unable to walk or talk....but I just started to write.
Comments10/07/2016 #3 Margaret Aranda, MD, PhD#2 @Mohammed A. Jawad: you are absolutely right. Just like the gorilla who is holding his hand up to a butterfly just cleaning his ears while resting on that gigantic hand, everything takes on new meaning. Truth becomes more true, and lies become more nonsense. Outlook is 'micro,' but it's no longer 'soft.' It sees things for what they are. And that is a good thing. More room for the positive!
- 29/06/2016Thank you so much to @Brigette Hyacinth for leaving this super review on the Amazon page for our new book:
- you blew me away with this too Brigette!!! @Deb 🐝 Helfrich I think you will be very pleased too! :-)
"5.0 out of 5 stars This Book is Awesome!!
By Brigette Hyacinth on June 28, 2016
Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
This book is Awesome!!! Totally blew me away! Having followed Deb and Gary on LinkedIn for some time now. I am beyond impressed. Deb is a fantastic writer and one of the most selfless and generous person on LinkedIn. This book was beautifully written and deeply touching. Excellent practical advice given…easy to follow. Highly recommend the Sharpe-Helfrich method! 5 stars!!!"The Heartwarming Story of the Unfolding of a Rigid Man (Out-Thinking Parkinson's) - Kindle edition by Gary Sharpe, Deb Helfrich. Religion & Spirituality Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.amzn.to The Heartwarming Story of the Unfolding of a Rigid Man (Out-Thinking Parkinson's) - Kindle edition by Gary Sharpe, Deb Helfrich. Religion & Spirituality Kindle eBooks @...
- 26/06/2016The Heartwarming Story of the Unfolding of a Rigid Man (Out-Thinking Parkinson's)
The loving kindness that Deb offered Gary not only began to mend his broken heart, but also ignited his desire to change and to seek a new life. She inspired him to write like he’d never written before. The subject of Change became the main theme of his essays and, through his writing, he began to allegorically reflect, in a very public way, the transformation he was himself undergoing with Deb in private.
The articles written by Gary, as inspired by Deb’s love, during that time are recreated here in the order they were written, but annotated to reveal, for the first time, the unfolding True Love story which was being played out in the background. The backbone of the book is therefore the tale of how, with love, Deb inspired Gary to start living again and begin a profound journey of healing.
As for the essays themselves, each contains the unique insights of a person who had lost all hope but was being given a second chance. These parables, on the common theme of change, reveal his search for a healthier, happier, and more fulfilled life. The book is therefore not only for anybody interested in the subjects of Change & Growth, whether in personal life, business or society, but also for anyone who celebrates true love as the most powerful healing force in the world.
Comments29/06/2016 #13 Margaret Aranda, MD, PhD#11 #9 So I did it, @Leckey Harrison and @Deb 🐝 Helfrich...couldn't help it any more. I started: My Hive ~ "Stirring Authors Along" here: https://www.bebee.com/group/dr-margaret-aranda-stirring-authors-along29/06/2016 #8 Margaret Aranda, MD, PhD#2 Book Reviews for us Authors can be written here: Amazon, Goodreads, My Blog & Your Blog (we each do one for the other). @Gary Sharpe, @Deb 🐝 Helfrich, @Leckey Harrison, @Sara Jacobovici, @Lisa 🐝 Gallagher, @debasish majumder, @Dr. Allen Brown, @Jim Cody 🐝, @NO one, @Donald Grandy, @Franci🐝Eugenia Hoffman, @Ali Anani. If you are listed here, I think you need to write a book. 🌻 ✍🏽 🌻.
- 24/06/2016www.insightsoccur.com ... before you say "this belongs on Facebook", well no actually. @Deb 🐝 Helfrich is an author and this is her business. She has written a book about her own experiences with grief, animal care, change and overcoming loss. The book is called "Second: A Tale of Grief and Puppy Love" and is one of the most extraordinary pieces of shared-learning-through-auto-biography I've ever read. It will make you cry!!!
- 14/06/2016I would like to recommend the book "Goodbye Parkinson's, Hello Life" http://www.outthinkingparkinsons.com/resources/goodbyepd
- 07/06/2016I recommend my friend @Neville Gaunt's e-book "Mind Fit Golf for Kids" - which isn't just about golf and isn't just for kids. I helped Neville work out how to create and upload this Amazon Kindle version http://amzn.to/1RVYvKk
- 06/06/2016A 5 Star review of my new e-book "The Truth About Social Media Marketing: What Every Business Needs to Know" https://www.amazon.com/Truth-About-Social-Media-Marketing-ebook/dp/B01GMJIRXY is in from @Cheryl Snapp Conner. Thanks Cheryl - this means a lot coming from you!
This guidebook will help you understand the hidden risks to your business of engaging in Social Media Marketing. It is not one of those standard “how to” or “tips and tricks” books. It is much more important than that. Here you will find essential information you need to know when “going social” with your business. It contains the details of acquired knowledge which you simply won’t and can’t find anywhere else and has been created to help businesses identify, understand and address the risks associated with current Social Media Marketing practices. In the first part, these dangers are explained and addressed. In the second part, we arm businesses with the knowledge they need to protect themselves as they travel through the digital landscape. The information supplied here will help businesses ensure they have a safe and profitable Social Media Marketing experience.
Part of the “Digital Sherpa” series, which aims to share the deep and broad knowledge which I’ve acquired about digital business over years, to help other businesses avoid the pitfalls and reap the benefits.
This e-book collects our unique insights into Parkinson's Disease and recovery methods. The book documents the first 4 months of our journey and discusses diet, supplements, unique exercises to get movement back, music therapy, perspectives on mental health and emotional wellbeing - including the vital role of positive mind set, sleep issues, resource libraries and more. It includes links to a series of videos which show the results for Gary, unequivocally demonstrating massive improvement in his condition, physical, mental and emotional, over a very short timeframe. The book is intended to show that under the right conditions, there is hope and the narrative of slow decline is not the only possibility.
- 30/05/2016If you are interested in entrepreneurship, then this book by my friend @Chris Spurvey is for you. The proof is in the pudding in how many copies of his book he managed to sell in the pre-order stage! You can find Chris's book on Amazon:
- 29/05/2016A very useful resource we found along the way was the Best Selling book by Carolyn Dean "Magnesium Miracle"... read our review here:
- 28/05/2016New e-guide "Ten Simple but Powerful Techniques for Movement Recovery"
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G8UDFSY (Amazon USA)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01G8UDFSY (Amazon UK)
and companion exercise video:
Co-authored by @Deb 🐝 Helfrich.
This e-guide covers powerful techniques for relearning movement which can be performed anywhere and throughout the day. The movement recovery methods are based on our discoveries that certain types of movement, such as those which require hand-eye co-ordination, are strangely easy for people with Parkinsonisms. The techniques employ stress balls on elastic strings with a Velco finger or wrist strap as a simple prop.
We have developed a wide range of methods, exercises and ideas which exploit this concept. These not only includes exercises to help re-wire the brain and relearn movement, but also many day-to-day quality of life interventions. This e-book contains details of these. The video demonstrates a wide variety of techniques and exercises. With daily practice and dedication, these techniques will help people with Parkinson’s improve their movement, correct their stooped posture, free up stiff limbs and vertebra, remember the joy of moving (we recommend performing the exercises to music), relieve stress and fear and increase activity. The purpose is therefore to improve overall quality of life.
While we originally developed these ideas for movement recovery with Parkinson’s in mind, seeking to overcome the symptoms of akinesia and bradykinesia, we also believe that these concepts and demonstrations will be useful for people with other movement disorders and problems too. These are gentle techniques and therefore could also help older people keep mobile.
Suggested sources for the balls: