- Producer31/10/2017Remote Sensing Services Market worth 21.62 Billion USD by 2022The report "Remote Sensing Services Market by Platform (Satellites, UAVs, Manned Aircraft, and Ground), End User (Defense and Commercial), Resolution (Spatial, Spectral, Radiometric, and Temporal), and Region - Global Forecast to 2022", The remote...
- 28/06/2017At #MultiTemp2017:
...Amazing how we can see the landclasses "spring back" to their equilibrium states after the #tsunami's in #Sendai!
#Resilience #Elasticity #Identity
- 22/04/2017Animated map of what Earth would look like if all the ice meltedwww.businessinsider.com It doesn't look good for...
- 26/03/2017Shane Kimbrough, US Astronaut
R. Shane Kimbrough was selected by NASA in 2004. He completed his first spaceflight in 2008 on STS-126, where he spent almost 16 days on the mission to expand the crew living quarters to accommodate a six-member crew. During the mission, he performed two spacewalks. Kimbrough earned a Master of Science degree from the Georgia Institute of Technology. Before being selected as an astronaut, Kimbrough joined NASA in 2000 as a Flight Simulation Engineer
- 31/01/2017Solar wind is blasting Earth’s oxygen onto the surface of the Moongrendz.com We all know that there’s no air to breathe on the Moon, but new evidence suggests that the lunar surface is continually being showered by oxygen escaping Earth – and may have been for billions of years, since Earth’s atmosphere developed. Scientists...
- Producer01/09/2016Fractals, Beauty of Complexity (and Chaos)Self-similarity (Fractals) on all scales may be the secret key to understanding the complex phenomena. Self-similarity on rather different scales is another proof of fractal nature of cosmology. ...
Comments30/07/2017 #120 Alan CullerHello @Milos Djukic
I enjoyed this post tremendously.
"Self-similarity (Fractals) on all scales may be the secret key to understanding the complex phenomena. Self-similarity on rather different scales is another proof of fractal nature of cosmology." It is more than pretty pictures.
There seems to be an order in how complex systems break into chaos or emerge from chaos, as evidenced by pictures of fractals, or the Belisof Zhabotinsky reaction https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JAqrRnKFHo or the triple spiral design on the curbstone at the 5000 year old megalithic monument tomb at Newgrange in Ireland https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photos-megalithic-passage-tomb-newgrange-ireland-image19515648 .
What is the implication of the fractal nature of cosmology or the orderly emergence from chaos for such complex systems as organizational behaviour or national or international political or economic systems? How extensive is the reach of the quantum world?13/03/2017 #115 Gerald Hecht#113 @Gert Scholtz @Milos Djukic...once again (thank goodness) Max has provided us with the only completely paradox-free solution that fits.
We (once again) are left breathless!
We'd better not take his genius for granted...remember that although it seems so easy (in retrospect) ...we cannot assume that he will be coming to our rescue for the duration.
We may soon find ourselves helpless ...with neither solution, nor solace ...like the old days before he appeared (seemingly out of nowhere) solving our puzzles before leaving town on that Palamino...nothing but the sound of the town debutantes batting eyelashes..you must admit Gert...Milos...he has again revealed our feeble attempts to gain mastery for what they are...we are but little boys in short pants...parading our poses, and our pretense...we are not worthy...hopefully we are grateful and humbled, and a bit wiser.
Thank you Max J. Carter...thank you...thank you.
- 13/08/2016Scientists Seriously Can't Handle This Adorable Lil' Stubby Squidwww.huffingtonpost.com And frankly, neither can...
- 30/05/2016What Are Smart Rocks?www.21stcentech.com Underground CO2 storage is a technology that may be the fossil fuel industry's lifesaver. R&D funding needed to identify optimal...
- 13/05/2016I write a science and technology blog at21st Century Tech Blogwww.21stcentech.com Science, Technology and the...
- 17/08/2015Senior Developer- GIS Expert job vacancy at Forest Survey of India (FSI)www.indiastudychannel.com Are you an experience Senior Developer- GIS Expert and looking for government jobs? Forest Survey of India (FSI) is inviting applications to fill the vacancy of Senior Developer- GIS Expert in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. Learn all about the eligibility...
Earth sciences, GIS, Geoinformatics~ 100 buzzes
Remote Sensing,GIS, Earth sciences, Spatial studies