- You don't have to wait for Spring!How You Can Help Save The Bees -- Even In Winter | The Huffington Postwww.huffingtonpost.com Bees are vital to food security. Let's give the critters a helping...
- For our United KIngdom Bee! Throw a bomb for the Bees; A Seedbom that is! All seeds used are on the Royal Horticulture Societies list as good for pollinators!Butterflies Flower Meadow Seed Mixturewww.meadowinmygarden.co.uk
- 12/01/2017Zero-emission boat prepared for round-the-world Odysseywww.cbsnews.com The first self-sufficient boat powered only by emission-free energy will start a six-year trip around the world in the...
- 11/01/2017I just did a post ad (not sure how that works) so basically please check the job ad I posted. It is for an online survey , the client's requirement is for an European who knows English and Sustainability / Eco, your job will be to read the client's sustainability report and answer some questions and give your opinion. So the client can improve its next year's corporate sustainability report. The clients pays via PayPal 10,000 JPY (about 81 Euros) if you are interested to know more and fit the bill (European + Sustainability background) let me know. Thanks
- 08/01/2017Suda - The Painting ElephantElephants Painting: Genuine elephant Paintings http://ThaiElephantArt.com Genuine paintings by elephants. In the video you will see Suda the elephant painting for Ms Kim. She wished to have Suda the...
Comments08/01/2017 #5 Alexa SteeleI've seen this type of video before, along with claims the animals have been abused, so I checked it out on Snopes: http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/elephantpainting.asp
- 08/01/2017Shijiazhuang, China: When your government let you be killed for profit. In Beijing at least citizens wear masks. Not on Shijiazhuang. Their citizens walk around like nothing is happening. They feel there is nothing they can do and so are resolved to die in the smog.
A photo of a train (white) after traveling through the smog from Shijiazhuang to Beijing.
- 07/01/2017This could change weather patterns across the globeScientists say the global ocean circulation may be more vulnerable to shutdown than we thoughtwww.washingtonpost.com Future climate change could cause a major ocean current to collapse — with effects that radiate all over the...
Comments07/01/2017 #1 Julio Angel Lopez LopezI love this buzz @Pamela 🐝 Williams
They seem alarmist, but it is science with probabilities. To change a climatic classification, it takes 50 years of change (temperature, pressure, rainfall)
Another eye we should have in the great volcanic boilers, New Krakatoa, Fregeos Fields and Yellowstone.
That would bring us another glaciation.
Great honey, great great honey.
- 07/01/2017Wonderfully unusual Creatures on our Planet:
Known as Nudibranchs and Melibe Sea Slug.
Melibe have developed an oral veil or 'fish net' which they use to scan the ground with. Constantly on the move, looking for victims, when found the veil contracts, trapping their prey.
These beautiful slugs are usually brilliantly colored and this in itself can act as a deterrent against predators. Some sea slugs secrete acid from stinging cells in their tentacles while others secrete acid from cells in their mantle.
Nudibranchs are slow moving, can swim or be propelled along either by muscular contraction or by millions of tiny hairs on the bottom of a fleshy 'foot', they have a voracious appetite and feed with a rasp like tongue.nudibranch melibe / Puri Jati /Bali2016 curious and Strange nudibranch melibe in bali https://www.facebook.com/emeric.benhalassa https://www.facebook.com/marco.cramarossa...
- 06/01/2017Laptops for a school in Senegal
Thanks to travelers from Girona, Spain, laptops were delivered to a school in Podor, Senegal.
These laptops were sanitized by students from schools hubs located in collaboration with other hubs in the area of Barcelona.
Great team work everyone!
More about this school: https://www.labdoo.org/edoovillage?e=23892
#Labdoo #sustainable #education #collaboration
- 06/01/2017(EV) startup Faraday Future has finally unveiled its first production model, the FF 91.grendz.com The company, which is based in the US but financed by Chinese consumer electronics giant LeEco, showed off a prototype of its first actual car at CES in Las Vegas on Tuesday after years of only teasing glimpses of its auto technology – and if This...
- 31/12/2016THE WORLD’S FIRST PLASTIC BOTTLE VILLAGE ► Canadian Robert Bezeau developed the project called the Plastic Bottle Village, located in Panama, where the houses are constructed, or as he like to say “re-constructed” out of recycled plastic bottles. Bottles work surprisingly well as insulators. The buildings are also incredibly durable and safe during floods and earthquakes.
- Producer29/12/2016Bot 4 Bees, l'ange gardien des abeilles Bot4Bees - B4B- est un drône intelligent programmé pour lutter contre le déclin des abeilles en repérant et en comptabilisant les nids de frelons asiatiques (vespa velutina nigrithorax).Le frelon asiatique : une espèce classée nuisible et...
Comments29/12/2016 #2 Patrick I.R.C. POIRAUDMerci Stépĥanie.
Le dossier présenté ici n'est que le sommet de l'iceberg.
Bien d 'autres volets tres sympas sont prévus au programme.
Ma recherche aujourd'hui réside en 2 points (le côté faisabilité technique a été validé, l'intérêt des structures publiques est là !) :
- trouver des associés compétents tels que présentés en fin de dossier
- avoir le cash suffisant pour démarrer l'aventure, et donc une personne ou une structure qui injecterait ce dont nous avons besoin.
Les plateformes de crowfunding comme Ulule malheureusement ne permettent pas la mise de cash nécessaire du début. Avec seulement quelques milliers d'euros captables nous trainerions en effet des mois, voire des années pour arriver peut être à relever la tête et je n'ai pas envie de prendre ce risque que je connais tres bien pour l'avoir pris dans ma structure précédente avec comme conséquence un amorçage qui ne s'est pas fait convenablement.
Aujourd'hui c'est un donc un concept abouti, quasi testé, en opensource que je propose à ceux d'entre vous qui se reconnaissent dans la démarche, dans le projet, dans ma recherche.
Merci à BeBee de m'avoir permis d'exposer ce concept.
Excellentes fêtes à toutes et à tous.
- 27/12/2016Two Billion Year Old Water Discovery Has Interesting Origins of Life Implicationswww.21stcentech.com Deep in a Canadian mine geologists discover water that is 2 billion-years old containing trace gases from Earth's ancient...
- 22/12/2016Weihnachtsüberraschung von Lenovo für Labdoo Schweiz
Kurz vor Weihnachten wurden wir beim Labdoo Hub Zürich mit einer tollen Laptopspende für Kinder und Schulen in der Welt überrascht.
Der Managing Director von Lenovo Schweiz, Patrick Roettger, übergab mir gleich einen ganzen Stapel an hochwertigen Laptops, die das Unternehmen und deren Mitarbeiter speziell für Labdoo gesammelt hatten.
Die Geräte werden schon im Januar ihre Reise an diverse Bildungseinrichtungen in der Welt antreten und vielen Kindern eine Chance auf Bildung geben.
Herzlichen Dank vom gesamten Labdoo Team!
#Labdoo #Laptops #Lenovo #Google #Bildung #nachhaltig
- 21/12/2016Follow the frog?
"Du musst nicht ans Ende der Welt gehen, um den Regenwald zu retten." - so zumindest verspricht es das gut gemachte Video der Rainforest Alliance:Follow the Frog You don't have to go to the ends of the Earth to save the rainforest. Just Follow the Frog! Shop for Rainforest Alliance Certified products here:...
- Interesting info here.The World’s Largest Earth Science Experiment So Far: Biosphere 2grendz.com Scientists wanted to know if we could replicate the Earth’s ecosystems, so in the Sonoran desert outside of Tucson, Arizona they built a three-acre closed-system environment designed to do just that. Known as Biosphere 2 (Biosphere 1 is the Earth),...
- We’ve finally mapped the entire ocean floor, but we still don’t know much about what’s down theregrendz.com The entire ocean floor has now been mapped to a maximum resolution of around 5 kilometres (3.1 miles), which means we can see most features larger than 5 kilometres (3.1 miles) across in those maps. That’s the resolution of a new global map of the...
- Scientists have witnessed an ice cloud formation for the first timegrendz.com For the first time, researchers have observed the creation of ice crystals on individual atmospheric particles, giving an unprecedented glimpse at the way ice clouds form in our atmosphere. The process, called ice nucleation, occurs when a particle...
- 20/12/2016Coral reef ecosystems play a vital role in maintaining Earth's biodiversity. But reefs are in trouble. NASA three-year field expedition now underway will give scientists the opportunity to study reef ecology and condition. Video -ScienceCasts: A New View of Coral Reefs Visit http://science.nasa.gov/ for more. A three-year NASA field expedition to examine Earth’s coral reefs is now underway, giving scientists the...
- Producer18/12/2016The Seductive Lure Of A Sublime Sunset.From Vancouver to Vanuatu I have been privileged to have watched that fiery ball, we refer to as the sun sink ever so slowly into the sea or disappear behind a mountain range, leaving in it's wake a sky resplendent with a riot of...
Comments19/12/2016 #21 Deb 🐝 Helfrich#16 @Paul Walters, I will assist @Pamela 🐝 Williams. You just copy the little emoji that I pasted below and add it to your FIRST name on your profile. We have a little bug, insofar as it can't right now be in the lastname field, or else the mentioning capability goes away. So copy from below and paste after your first name. Now you can be a cutie-bee, as well!
🐝19/12/2016 #9 CityVP 🐝 ManjitFrom the alliteration of seductive lure of a sublime sunset, to the beautiful prose that is supported by beautiful shots of the sun descending in all its various orangeness - simply a delight to read, just as delightful as my favourite corner of the house where I observe the sun rising in the morning - for sure, for sure such rising and setting is the artwork of nature.18/12/2016 #7 Julio Angel Lopez LopezAfter a few kilometers in an air-conditioned car, we arrived in the middle of the Arabian desert. We stop, we must adjust the pressure of the tires to move through the dunes.
As I descend, the sun, the passisaje that feeling of burn in the skin, soft but constant, and I sinking slowly in the sand.
Those moments are drops of water, which you put into the glass of life.
Great buzz and lots of glasses to fill @Paul Walters
- 17/12/2016Environmental Issues 1st Place: Life and Death
Vadim Balakin/2016 National Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year
"These polar bear remains have been discovered at one of the islands of northern Svalbard, Norway.
We do not know whether the bear died from starving or aging, but more likely if we see the good teeth status, it was from starving.
They say nowadays that such remains are found very often, as global warming and the ice situation influence the polar bear population." - Vadim Balakin