- Producer22/02/2017A Simple Way to Send Warm Thoughts to Troops and VeteransOne of my favorite non-profits to both write about and volunteer for is Soldiers' Angels. Soldiers’ Angels is a national charity providing aid and comfort to the men and women of the United States Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, and...
- 23/02/2017If we can perfect one experience for one individual, we can scale to every single one of the seven billion people now inhabiting this earth. #jackdorsey #cofounder #twitter #socialmedia..
- Producer23/02/2017Life's Amazing Go for life of the amazing if you want it, choose what you see, be much more . Around in the night underneath the street lamps light, sing the songs stay up late, watch the great film, gaze at the night sky. Waiting for you is more than the...
- Producer22/02/2017KulaBrands is HUGE HOME-BASED BUSINESSCheck this out with https://www.facebook.com/kulaBrands/videos/1916935225193146/AWESOME BUSINESS MODEL LIKE NO OTHER. FIND ME ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/anissa.brown.79JOIN US HERE IS MY WEBSITE www.kulacraze.com Jeff Hoffman look him up...
- Producer22/02/2017When Should I Outsource Social Media Marketing and Strategy?Will Outsourcing Social Strategy Help My Business Grow?As an owner you have to be able to leverage your local presence and reach while reacting faster to changes than larger companies. In order to do this effectively there will come a point...
- 5 Strategies for How to Make Customers Trust Your Brand
-5 Strategies for How to Make Customers Trust Your Brandwww.entrepreneur.com Building trust doesn't happen in a vacuum. You have to remain consistent in your messaging, understand your buyer personas and deliver on your promises over...
- 4 Ways for Startups to Attract VCs4 Ways for Startups to Attract VCswww.entrepreneur.com Even during venture capital dry spells, your startup can still get funding if it stands...
- Where does the buck stop when there’s a security breach?Where does the buck stop when there’s a security breach?nakedsecurity.sophos.com Is it the IT department’s problem, or does the buck go as far as the C-suite? Opinions are polarised, but it’s more nuanced in the real...
- 5 Things To Do While Waiting for a Big Prospect to Get Back To You5 Things To Do While Waiting for a Big Prospect to Get Back To Youspirohq.com There are plenty of things you can do besides recite Apocalypse Now quotes and...
- False Assumptions and Wrong Metrics Kill Your Marketing SuccessFalse Assumptions and Wrong Metrics Kill Your Marketing Successblog.thesocialms.com In marketing we all make many assumptions. Marketing success can only come if we question our assumptions and use the right metrics to measure...
- Are You a Sales Mind Reader?
-Are You a Sales Mind Reader?blog.hubspot.com I know what you're thinking...
- 22/02/2017The 7 Day Startup – 30 Books in 30 Dayswww.smb-squared.com Key Takeaways The writer, Dan, failed before he saw success. He failed for 13 years. Do not ask for opinions on your idea. If you believe in it others don’t need to. Avoid validation techniques....
- Producer22/02/2017Philosopher of Prophecy's Quadrupling quantifying quantum rhymes squaring an comparing analogies computational functionalities of theoretical personalities. Mastermind streamlining aeronautics perpetuated futuristic synthetic architecture translating verbology to series...
- Producer22/02/2017King Neptune Imperial King Neptune..Devoting Freedom of 7 Sea’s ensuring Freedom of Navigation to all.. Mighty Imperial Golden Shellback .ENSURING FREEDOMS OF THE INTERNATIONAL SEAS.So that others may live.I patrolled those rivers for those who cannot swim I’m a...
- 22/02/2017If you are looking for ways to grow your business, download my free e-booklet! http://bit.ly/2jmsxS6
- 22/02/2017Understand what makes the top 5% of talent stand out.Companies Are Bad at Identifying High-Potential Employeeshbr.org 40% of workers in high-potential programs don’t belong...
- Producer22/02/2017The Essential Difference Between Risk & Uncertainty: Sherritt InternationalOn the essential difference between Risk and Uncertainty: The real life example of Sherritt InternationalValue investors spend their time looking for situations that are both low risk and cheap. This often occurs when uncertainties make an...
- 22/02/2017I'm here because 20 years ago at General Motors people valued diversity, and I was given stretch opportunities or put into roles where I had the opportunity to demonstrate myself. #marybarra #ceo #businesswoman #generalmotors
- Producer22/02/2017What Is The Greatest Gift That We Can Give One Another?What Is The Greatest Gift That We Can Give One Another?If we as human beings can begin to accept, that most people operate from a place of pain, from a place that needs healing, then we would make our lives a lot easier.Our lives would be made a lot...
- 22/02/2017With all the changes on LInkedIn, it should be occurring to you that you may be at the mercy of social media platforms that are not that interested in what you need.
Social Media Not Enough For Small Business: You Need A Website
These days most small businesses jump into the social media space -- primarily on Facebook, LinkedIn, Bebee and other similar platforms.
They lose out on the power of running their own websites on their own domains.
It's really not surprising. It takes no great technical skill to jump onto social media. Create an account, do a profile, and post and comment. That's it.
It's about as simple as it gets, while creating and running one's own website, if one doesn't have any background in doing so, is daunting, and after all, there's hundreds of millions of social media users, just ripe and eager to read your message (or so goes the belief).
Not only is this like running a business on one cylinder, and expecting eight cylinder power, but there are real and substantive risks associated with being dependent on the good will and policies of a third party (social media platform) when that third party has NO contractual obligations to you.
Bacal and Associates celebrates 25 years in business in 2017 In this series, and as part of the 25th anniversary celebrations for Bacal & Associates, I'll be sharing with you a number of hints and tips on small business.
- 22/02/2017This infographic outlines a 14-step routine to kickstart your account-based sales development (ABSD) process. It is by no means exhaustive, but provides the essential structure you need to build a world-class ABSD team. Happy hunting!A 14-Step Routine For Account-Based Sales Development [Infographic]www.salesforlife.com What is the best account-based sales routine? We gathered and tested process-driven insights from top industry leaders such as TOPO, Trish Bertuzzi and...
- 22/02/2017The big debate in the business world is this- do you link to people you don't know? I say yes. The reason I say this is so you can network and get to know them. #business #reidhoffman #founder #linkedin #startup #entrepreneur #socialmedia...
- Producer22/02/2017The 10 Commandments Of Marketing To WomenMost people who know me think of me as an op/ed writer, spouting arguably articulate points of view on things like politics, social media, entertainment and like where I live now.But I am also a professional writer and blogger. This post was one I...
Comments23/02/2017 #31 Max🐝 J. Carter#29 I offer no condemnation I pointed out the truth and the results. At no point did I directly say anything about Jim. I kept it to the what and how it effects the rest.
I can be certain of what I speak about because I have done the study and the work and have had the experience to do so.
That and given the nature of my channeling, this is universal truth, not what I thought sounded good.23/02/2017 #29 Robert Bacal#28 I've always had trouble trusting people who are certain that their ideas are fact. That aside, you and Jim are talking about different things, from views that have different purposes and roles. I'm with you on the restrictions that gender stereotyping places on us, this day particularly when Trump is trying to roll back trans washroom guidelines.
Not that it matters, but my view on being a Shaman is being able to "see inside" of people, to understand, without judgment, what is inside. @Max🐝 J. Carter23/02/2017 #28 Max🐝 J. Carter#27 @Robert Bacal I teach unity in living and I am not giving a perspective I am giving fact.
It's allowing oneself to live in a gender that allows oneself to set one a part from the other gender and changes the nature of ones behavior using gender as the excuse for behavior that often leads to inflicting emotional harm on other ones and self.
Any and every human is capable of embodying the behaviors listed in this buzz and to assert otherwise is to cast doubt on those who live in a gender prison for not matching up to the above described behaviors being attributed to only one gender.
That is inflicting emotional harm regardless of intent.
Just happens to the facts of how behavioral psychology of the human being works. As a Shaman it's my job to understand these things perfectly and in crystal clarity.23/02/2017 #27 Robert Bacal@Max🐝 J. Carter and @Jim Murray I don't think there's a right or wrong on this one, just differing perspectives.
Max, if I understand you, you are suggesting, among other things, that stereotyping/generalizing about gender is dehumanizing, and propagates those stereotypes, in addition to treating individuals as group members, not individuals.
I also get that society (actually cultural societies) are such that one can make probablistic generalizations about gender such that it's possible to be more effective in marketing, or anything targeting demographics, by acting on those generalizations.
I can subscribe to both of these at the same time. I see no contradiction.
....that's if I have what you guys are saying correct.23/02/2017 #26 Franci🐝Eugenia HoffmanIMO
1. Women Are Focused On Connections: - Yes
2. Women Trust Common Experience - Agreed
3. Women Prefer Win/Win Situations - Sometimes
4. Women Plan Ahead To Avoid Negative Outcomes - Sometimes
5. Women Put More Time And Research Into Their Decisions - Sometimes
6. Women Are More Loyal To Those With Whom They Do Business - Agreed
7. Women Refer More Often Than Men - Hmmm - dunno
8. Women Are Much More No-Nonsense Than Men - Agreed
9. Women Prefer Stories To Facts - Agreed. I read reviews
10. Women Genuinely Believe That Quantity Is Not Quality - Yes, quality rules.
Nice genuine post, Jim. I voiced my view on each of the 10 commandments. This is my POV for myself and from myself.23/02/2017 #19 Sandra 🐝 SmithNice piece,and a great example of reusing content successfully. And I agree - nothing wrong with a man writing about women's behaviours. Noting that these are generalisations and do not fit everyone, obviously. But still helpful in terms of thinking about marketing to groups. Impossible for marketers to know each and every customer - although we are getting better at it with data, technology - although some find this a tad creepy :)23/02/2017 #16 Phil Friedman#11 Vive @Paul "Pablo" Croubalian!! Thank you for speaking out. There seems to an epidemic of some seeking to use the posts of other writers to push a self-promotional agenda. Not with question or reasoned argument, but with long diatribes and manifestos that are purely autobiographical. It's a way of gaining attention by piggy backing on popular writers like you, Paul, and Jim. Oh sure, we're all guilty from time to time of posting a link to one of our own articles in someone else's thread, but it seems to be getting out of hand. We all need to ask ourselves if a comment we want to make adds to the conversation. And if not, not make it and simply move on. Cheers!22/02/2017 #15 Don 🐝 Kerr@Jim Murray Bang on the money in many respects sir and how someone can take offense with this is nonsensical in the extreme. (Should be gettin' used to that.) Just to wade into this a little deeper - as the American scientist Jane Singer puts it "Androgyny refers to a specific way of joining the 'masculine' and 'feminine' aspects of a single human being.' Argue all you want but on this planet - where at least most of us live - men and women are different - way beyond what's under the hood. My book is subtitled A book for men and the partners they care for. Why? Because male caregivers are different than female caregivers. Now certain Bees may be vastly more evolved than I am, but EVERYONE I've spoken to about our family's trek on the cancer trail will attest to that very simple fact. Anyway, before this gets completelyt hijacked, sidetracked and swiped off the rails - I've also been a marketer for over four decades. We do some good stuff, we do some shitty stuff but overall we understand that purchasing motivations are different in many ways and also similar in others. Attempting to classify this as in any way misogynistic is complete bollocks and uttered only to forward a personal agenda that is getting tiresome and would be angering if it wasn't just so silly.22/02/2017 #13 Max🐝 J. Carter#11 Based on human psychology targeting groups of people and triggering their emotions based on the idea of who that group is causes a lot of pain in this world as people attempt to live up the marketed image.
A lot of people have written papers and articles on the effects of marketing on the individual and the groups themselves as marketers create a prison for people to live in. Deeming themselves the warden and deicing who goes in what prison.
Just happens to be the actual effect of marketing based on applied behavioral psychology.
I am just presenting the facts in this comment no subjective opinions.
We don't think that differently.
We have been programmed by gender roles to think that we do.
Each of us has both masculine and feminine energy. Just a simple fact.
If you think the discipline of marketing is brutal try living the discipline it takes to be to do what I do.22/02/2017 #12 Jim Murray#10 Why do I get the feeling that you're using my comment stream to write mini posts on your own philosophy. I find that offensive. If you want to get that across, write your own post instead of cluttering up mine. I get that you disagree and it is about marketing because that's what this post is about. You can preach androgyny till the cows come home if that's your thing. I disagree, and most of the world does too. That may be sad, and it may have to change but it's the way it is right now. I'm giving people useful marketing advice, not trying to show them the light. Please go away.22/02/2017 #11 Paul "Pablo" Croubalian#5 This is about marketing here, Max. By it's very nature, Marketing targets and compartmentalizes groups of people. That's how it must work. There is absolutely nothing offensive here. There is only statement of fact. There is no sexism, no racism, no hate-mongering, no abusive language, no inflammatory lanuage, no pornography.
How can it be seen as offensive? It may offend you on a personal level and that is certainly your prerogative.
Jim is absolutely right.
There is enough stuff on here that we can ignore what we don't like, don't agree with, or makes our blood boil. You may have been better served by your scroll-wheel than your keyboard.
I have difficulty with the concept of starting from androgyny. That, to my mind is a fallacy. Men and women are different. We think differently. We process differently. We act differently. Anyone with a significant other will vouch for that fact.
Marketing must recognize this. Marketing is the most brutal of business disciplines. That which doesn't work and work fast, dies.
Marketing always tries to see things as they are, not as they should be, not as we would like them to be.
There is a definite difference between the sexes. It may be socially influenced. It may be innate. I really don't know, and I doubt anyone does.
Either way, I don't see how anything that ignores a basic tenet of human nature can work. Then again, it doesn't matter what I see or don't see.
I for one enjoy the differences.
Vive la différence!
- 22/02/2017No One Talks About This Key Factor in Sales Goal Achievementwww.jillkonrath.com The best way to achieve your sales goals is know WHY you’re doing it. And, the more personal the reason is, the higher your chances of...