- 22/02/2017LEAF-SHAPED SOLAR PANELS COAT BUILDING LIKE IVY ►The revolutionary Solar Ivy project, from SMIT (Sustainably Minded Interactive Technology) combines the piezoelectric effect with photovoltaic technology to generate energy.
Using the sun and the wind to provide renewable energy for the building, the Solar Ivy system also becomes a shade screen that minimizes solar heat gain. Once again, nature serves as the perfect source of inspiration.
I hope this concept would become widely accepted.
- 21/02/2017@🐝 Fatima Williams, @Pascal Derrien, @Deb 🐝 Helfrich, @Lisa 🐝 Gallagher, @Melissa Hefferman~
Comments21/02/2017 #1 Bill Stankiewicz, 🐝 Brand AmbassadorCOOL: @ Fatima Williams, @Pascal Derrien, @Deb Helfrich, @Lisa Gallagher, @Melissa Hefferman~
- 18/02/2017@Bill Stankiewicz, 🐝 Brand Ambassador, I thought this story might be one of concern for you.~
Comments20/02/2017 #5 Claire 🐝 CardwellSolar-power system could provide clean drinking water in rural India for the first time. A solar-powered purification system could slake the thirsts of rural India with clean drinking water for the first time. This would be no ordinary feat. Tens of millions of people in India lack access to potable water, and roughly 600,000 Indian children die every year from water- and sanitation-related diseases like diarrhea or pneumonia, according to UNICEF. In the country’s most far-flung regions, where 70 percent of India’s population lives, toxic bacteria routinely fouls at least half of the water supply. But while the Indian government has focused its efforts on treating surface water in rivers and streams, researchers from the University of Edinburgh in Scotland want to attack the source of contamination: sewage.
They’ve developed a system that uses sunlight to induce high-energy particles within a photocatalytic material, which uses light to generate a chemical reaction. These, in turn, activate molecules of oxygen, mobilizing them to destroy bacteria and other organic matter.
Because the materials require no power source, an off-grid system requires little more than attaching the photocatalyst to containers of contaminated water and angling them toward the sun until they’re safe to drink. If necessary, the system could be used in tandem with a filter to catch larger particles.
- 04/02/2017Man and Dog Stroll Through Frozen Winter Wonderland Outdoors-man Ante Fabris took his faithful companion for a snowy walk through Plitvice Lakes, Croatia. After recent wintry weather, the park was transformed...
- 04/02/2017@Claire 🐝 Cardwell,~
- 26/01/2017More than 400 Architecture Firms address Donald Trump on Climate Change in an Open Letter - Right before Donald Trump’s inauguration last Friday, more than four hundred American architecture firms—such as Leers Weinzapfel Associates, Smith-Miller + Hawkinson Architects, Lorcan O’Herlihy Architects, Lake Flato, and ZGF Architects LLP—signed an open letter addressed to the incoming president regarding climate change, writes Allison Meier of Hyperallergic. The campaign was organized by the Chicago-based organization Architects Advocate, which formed in September.
The letter asks that Trump, who has denied that climate change exists, commit himself to finding more sources of renewable energy, providing funding for renewable energy technologies, and honoring the Paris Climate Agreement. Right before leaving office, Barack Obama transferred $500 million to the Green Climate Fund. This subsidy goes toward the $3 billion Obama promised on behalf of the agreement—the US currently owes $2 billion more, according to The Guardian. It is now up to Trump as to whether or not the full agreement will be met.
In the letter, the architects state that they “are dedicated to creating healthy, productive, and safe communities for all” in a “way that is economically viable, socially equitable, and environmentally sustainable.” Trump nominated Scott Pruitt to head the Environmental Protection Agency. Pruitt has spoken out against the government regulating water and air pollution
- 18/01/2017@Pamela 🐝 Williams, ~
Comments14/01/2017 #1 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.the power of ancient wisdom!
- 04/01/2017Maya Penn: Meet a young entrepreneur, cartoonist, designer, activist ... Maya Penn started her first company when she was 8 years old, and thinks deeply about how to be responsible both to her customers and to the planet. She...
- 02/01/2017France officially opens world's first solar panel roadinhabitat.com France opened what they say is the first solar panel road in the world, paved with Colas' Wattway system, near...
- Wearable cape turns red in polluted areas (9 Oct 2016) FOR CLEAN VERSION SEE STORY NUMBER: 4059252 LEAD IN: A cape which flashes through the light spectrum to warn that you are breathing in...
- Forget Golden Hour. Hong Kong’s Blue Hour Is Where the Magic’s Atwww.wired.com Hong Kong is transformed by the beautiful, mysterious light that occurs just after...
- Two Billion Year Old Water Discovery Has Interesting Origins of Life Implicationswww.21stcentech.com Deep in a Canadian mine geologists discover water that is 2 billion-years old containing trace gases from Earth's ancient...
- 26/12/2016Colorado, Utah and Nevada Getting Charged Up for EVswww.21stcentech.com Three states to add charging stations across their states to make it possible to drive an EV from Salt Lake City to the Pacific...