- 04/08/2016Featured Artist:
YE JIANQING – China http://yearts.net/jianqing/style_one/enindex.shtml
PAUL SUEPAT – Jamaica http://paulsuepatartdesigns.com
YANG BIN – China www.yangbinartist.com
DARCY VAN HAMLIN - U.S.
GUY STANLEY PHILOCHE - U.S. http://www.philochestudios.com
EMMANUEL CAYERE – France http://www.nyamangroup.com/not-just-a-simple-photograph-emmanuel-cayere-is-a-real-and-impressive-artist
CLAUDETTE VAN DE RAKT – Netherlands http://www.claudettevanderakt.com
ZJEF VAN BEZOUW – Netherlands http://zjefworks.com
Dates: Tuesday August 16th – Sunday August 21st 2016
Opening Reception: Tuesday August 16th 2016 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm EST
Closing Reception: Sunday August 21st 2016 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Gallery Hours: Wednesday – Saturday 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm & Sunday Noon – 6:00 pm
Location: Gallery One Twenty-Eight
Address: 128 Rivington Street (Between Norfolk & Essex)
P: +1 212 674 0244
Presented by: OneMoreGallery in connection with Curator Patrick Cupid
p: 917 - 855 - 7454
For information or to R.S.V.P. : Patrick or Zjef
p: 917 855 7454 / 212 748 9302
- Producer15/07/2016HOW TO STYLE PATCHED DENIM DRESS THIS SEASONHOW TO STYLE PATCHED DENIM DRESS THIS SEASON How to Style posts have become one of my favorites on the blog because I feel like I can truly pick one must have on-trend piece for the season and style it the way I feel it works the best. I have my own...
- 11/07/2016Carhartt WIP x Pelago Bicycles Bike and Clothing Collectionwww.heddels.com Single speed bicycles and tough duds come together in the latest collaboration between Carhartt WIP and Pelago...
- Producer09/06/2016What On Earth Were They Thinking? The Worst Of Trends In Bad Tourist Fashion.When I was originally commissioned to write this piece I pondered for a while on the word fashion and, to be absolutely sure of it’s actual meaning I gravitated to my trusty Oxford dictionary to look it up, and found this definition: Fashion...
Comments18/06/2016 #16 Ken BoddieGreat buzz Paul. Somewhat disappointed to see that the Aussies didn't make top of the list for worst dressed Being married to a Sumatran I always tow the line concerning sensitivity to Indo culture when over there. As you suggest the Indonesians could teach many other races how to cover up. Particularly when the result being displayed is like a handful of potatoes wrestling in a sack. European milk bottle skin with varicose veins is also all too often a sight for sore eyes in Indo. 👀💥17/06/2016 #11 Donna-Luisa EversleyQuite interesting @Paul Walters, our paths may never cross when I'm on vacation :-). In defense of those who appear fashion conscious-less. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... I like Hillary's outfit - and the fact that she dresses with a sassy style and orange is my favorite color :-) .. Then of course, I like the freedom of 'eat, pray, love' and the free flowing light Kaftans in happy colors! Everything is never matchy, matchy when on vacation for the simple at heart and price sensitive , just the beauty of an economy flight which one would save for over many years. The goal I will assume is never to startle in crocs or to be dismissive of culture ( by most I hope) while enjoying the first or only trip of a lifetime. Hmm, seeing it differently....having been fortunate to travel over twelve years to a few continents, and experienced cultures for work, I would possibly look fashion -less if we crossed paths (smile) hahaha.. we can make it happen :-) Really enjoyed reading your perspective and channeling on behalf of the lycra crew!09/06/2016 #7 Paul "Pablo" CroubalianFashion faux-pas has even hit my Montreal home. It used to be that no Quebecoise would dream of even taking the trash to the curb without full make-up and a cute outfit. Some now seem to roll out of bed right out the door. Surprisingly, it hasn't hit the male population yet.
It is true that 80% of women who wear yoga pants do not practice yoga, and 100% of men don't care. Still, that look is not for everyone. Too tight is too tight. My pet peeve is women who insist on wearing trousers that are so tight they look like they have man-parts. On the flip side, let's let the camels keep their toes to themselves
Re: Crocs; I love mine. I have bright blue ones, black ones (I used them while cooking professionally. I had a steel toe added), and bright orange ones. FYI: The orange ones were bought well before I heard of beBee. Much as I love them for their comfort I would never wear them out of the house. I ain't no fashion demi-god, but there are minimum standards.09/06/2016 #4 Michelle WrightThe comedian, Jasper Carrot once joked that the Balinese people did'nt have a word for no. If this is true they should really change the signs that read 'shirt, shoes - service' . I have often mulled over the ....interesting... attire chosen by holiday makers. I would love to see a chart of each countries holiday uniform!09/06/2016 #2 NO oneOh @Paul Walters you reminded me of my trip to Paris, even if I didn't take sports clothes or crocs it is Paris and I didn't try to take my best clothes. Well, most of my photos are pictures of the scenes and buildings I appear on some but just my face. I look outstanding but not for the best reason...lesson learned!09/06/2016 #1 Lisa Gallagher@Paul Walters, when I first glanced at the photo of Hillary it reminded me of a Prison jumpsuit. Stealing beach chairs and hiding them in their rooms, wow... I'd say that's pretty selfish. I had no idea polls are done on the worst dressed tourists. As for the smelly guys, please be kind and shower before you sit on the plane. Nothing worse than sitting next to a person who stinks.
- Producer28/05/2016Stitches per imagens knit garments.To follow up my previous post of stitches per inch, and the importance of getting them correct, for the overall quality and aesthetics of a garment, here is some information for knit SPI.With knits, seam grinning, and and stitch cracking are common...
- Producer27/05/2016Something often overlooked in clothing design.I was thinking about things to write about, things that are often overlooked in design and manufacturing, but can have a major repercussion if not taken into account.One of these is stitches per inches or SPI, which I have done some looking into,...
- 18/05/2016The Designer You Need To Knowwww.linkedin.com One look at Shahida Parides’s collection of dresses and you’ll fall in love with their vibrant colors and playful patterns. The collection can only be described in one word and that’s gorgeous!...
- Producer09/05/2016What's the deal with selvedge denim? Another type of denim making a massive comeback is selvedge (self edge) denim.This is denim basically made using old technology. The denim is made on shuttle looms, which resulted in the edges of the fabric being finished to prevent fraying. A woven...
- Producer24/04/2016Spring Fashion Lookbook Hola Todos! I have a tip of the day for you for effortless Spring Style! Gorgeous flowers and colorful blooms are not all that should emanate veils of light into our lives during Spring. Spring time for me means...
- 19/04/2016As a huge X-Files fan, I am absolutely in love with this dress!The X-Files - A Sentimental Adventurewww.asentimentaladventure.com I've been a fan of the X-Files since as long as I can remember so I was super excited when I found this dress that perfectly embodies my love for the...
- 11/04/2016Here is a behind the scenes look at a photo shoot from the Novelstyle store. it was a lot of fun! All of the clothes are currently available at the Novelstyle Shop website.Behind the Scenes at the Novelstyle Shoot - A Sentimental Adventurewww.asentimentaladventure.com I had such an amazing experience at the Novelstyle shoot! The outfits were gorgeous and everyone was so friendly and easy-going. It was so much...