- Producer15/11/2016WHY DO WE NEED ART?Why The World Needs Art There is an easy way of thinking about art and its importance on the world. Like the ghosts of Charles Dickens' novel, "A Christmas Carol", they can be bundled up neatly for this article by placing them into three...
Comments18/11/2016 #11 AnonymousSo glad you wrote this buzz. I am a fan of your buzzes @Tony Brandstetter & admire your artistic talent - thus, I am thrilled you now write about Art and share your insight with us. Yes, we humans need Art! I agree whole heartedly that Art cannot be explained or named. But it is something inside all of us, something that may separate us from other life forms. The insight I find especially true and why I believe Art must be included in all educational curriculum, is in your words: When information is not available, the logical mind reaches an impasse. A mind aided by art and imagination will think beyond what is visible and thus creates the ability for the logical mind to progress". Our past, present and future are understood in different ways, through Art. A very well written and meaningful buzz 💕18/11/2016 #9 Chas Wyatt"Creativity is a way of life and is not the exclusive domain of artists, writers, and scientists. It is the birthright of every human being.
If we aspire to understand our most distinctively human capacity, the ability to create, we must first acknowledge that there are no universal formulas, certainly no quantifiable methods, and very few reliable road maps to assist us in our quest for authentic expression. The creative process draws on many different energies of the individual. It calls forth our deepest impulses, the full range of our life experiences, our most profound hopes and aspirations, and our most penetrating and insightful observations on society and ourselves, and awakens our search for something more in life than what is offered by the culture in which we live."~ David Ulrich, "The Widening Stream, the Seven Stages of Creativity".17/11/2016 #8 Henri GalvãoI love how you balance the apparent paradox of having a curious mind and, at the same time, having a deep respect for life's mysteries. This certainly helps us to understand the importance of art as a way to expand our consciousness. As you said: "A mind aided by art and imagination will think beyond what is visible and thus creates the ability for the logical mind to progress"17/11/2016 #7 Aurorasa SimaI love your written words and reading your thoughts about art and it´s purpose. Art and the artist´s reasons to produce it are individual.
I heard this cynical definition a while back.
"What is it about art that we give it so much importance anyway. Artists are respected by the poor because what they do is an honest way to get out of the slum using one's sheer self as the medium. The money earned is proof pure and simple of the value of that individual... The Artist.
The picture a mother's son does in jail hangs on her wall as proof that beauty is possible even in the most wretched. And this is a much different idea than the fancier notion that art is a scam and a ripoff. But you could never explain to someone who uses God's gift to enslave that you have used God's gift to be free."
(BASQUIAT - 1994)17/11/2016 #5 Deb Helfrich"Of course we should know from the past and present that the impossible has always been and will always be possible."
Nothing more needs be said, @Tony Brandstetter, as imagination, the thinking process behind Art is what erases that pesky prefix -im- as possibilities are created.
- Producer19/10/2016Hombre Misterioso, Mystery Man (English and Spanish)El pueblo donde vivo se llama alcalá de Guadaíra, y es un sitio muy peculiar, está a 15 minutos de Sevilla dirección Oeste en la Carretera que va a Granada, en la Ruta de Washington Irving.Y le digo pueblo, aunque tiene casi 90 mil habitantes, pero...
- 12/10/2016FOO FIGHTERS - THE PRETENDERFoo Fighters - The Pretender Foo Fighters' official music video for 'The Pretender'. Click to listen to Foo Fighters on Spotify: http://smarturl.it/FooFSpotify?IQid=FooFTP As featured...
- 10/10/2016Meet Angelo, a Vietnam Veteran, I met him photographing yesterday. Just when you feel life has kicked you in the teeth, you come across someone like Angelo and realize, you don't have it so bad. I talked to him for a half hour, he was grateful because most of the time he is ignored.
- 09/10/2016The American Civil War - Take a look - http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=1067766