- 19/08/2017Anyone who knows me knows I don't eat wheat, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy a good hamburger. I make my own patties. This one is topped with red pepper jelly, brie and bacon. It was divine! Only about a million calories, but who's counting?
Comments19/08/2017 #4 Paul "Pablo" Croubalian#2 Looks pretty yummy to me.
Calorie wise, it doesn't even look all that bad. I estimate the pattie to be about 6 oz (180g) based on the size of the wine bottle vs the plate) That's about 500-600 calories. Too big for weight loss, but probably fine for weight maintenance given the rest of the meal.
I assume that wine is a Cab? Add another 175 Calories. Add another ~150 for the brie, ~50 for the jelly, and you're approaching MacDonald's Calorie counts. But, like you said, who's counting?
Barbeque season is a killer on the waistline, at least for me.
If weight loss is an issue, you could consider yellowfin tuna or salmon patties (note to self: write a recipe). For a vegetarian version, portobello mushroom caps make good "hamburgers." Just scrape away the gills
- 13/08/2017Teaching today and bringing a few breakfast treats for the students. Have a great day to all the 🐝 bee's out there
- 21/07/2017At last it's NATIONAL JUNK FOOD DAY!
A foot-long hot dog and onion rings at the Fries R Us railway car.
- 20/07/2017Pra quem vai para Buenos Aires e gosta de uma boa mesa, esta experiência é imperdível. Um churrasco da melhor qualidade preparado por um chef especialista, harmonizado com bons vinhos e como se fosse na casa de amigos, em uma reunião íntima..
- 13/07/2017I am also a pretty good vegan / gluten-free cook. Sweet potato and zucchini stuffed peppers with a side of fried tofu with a southwestern ranch nut butter sauce.
- 11/07/2017Restaurante Georgiano "Guga" en Praga. Aurbergine salad, Satsivi, Khachapuri y Badrijnis ajapsandali
- 11/07/2017Are you Hungry
Tuesday's lunch special
Tagliatelle al Kamut
Con Salicornia, scampi, gamberi rossi e cannelliniimage-store.slidesharecdn.com
- 08/07/2017MY FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY
Today is National Macaroni Day
Here's my homemade macaroni and cheese, hot from the oven.
- 03/07/2017Mondays lunch
Black Sea Bass cooked with fresh ginger/lemon grass/garlic/cilantro with a miso reduction /shiitake mushrooms Bok Choy/ yuzu chili oil and fish sauce. I balanced the bold flavors with fresh sliced mango with drizzles of chili oil and fresh cilantro sprigs