- Producer09/12/2017Online Food Ordering Software...The restaurant industry as we knew it in the last decade is no more the same. The on-demand economy boom has seen increasing acceptance of on-demand food delivery, drastically changing the industry. More players are getting into the game and...
- Producer08/12/2017Candele di Natale - Ricette NatalizieCandele Natalizie con pane tramezzino farcito: un’idea creativa che decora la tavola e stuzzica l’appetito.L’atmosfera del Natale così calda, intima ed accogliente è stata la musa ispiratrice di questa originale e scenografica ricetta.Le Candele...
- Producer07/12/2017Explaining Nutrition Science Why nutrition science is so confusing9 Reasons Eating Well Isn't As Straightforward As We'd Like It To Be - John Berardi, Ph.D. From a certain perspective, nutrition science can seem like a mess. From another, it illustrates the very nature (and...
- Producer04/12/2017The Perfect MealYou know you need a good balance of proteins, carbs, fats. But how do you turn that knowledge into healthy meals that taste delicious? Just mix and match these ingredients, flavor profiles, and cooking methods to create the perfect meal every time....
- Producer01/12/2017Tramezzini Stella di NataleTramezzini Stella di Natale: anche il menù dei più piccini inizia dall’antipasto!Creatività, fantasia e passione sono le tre parole d’ordine in cucina. I tre ingredienti che assieme alla “semplicità” (un “lusso” come direbbe qualcuno) ci consentono...
- Producer30/11/2017How To Make Good Food Choices When On The GoTraveling for work? Going on vacation? Running your kids from soccer game to violin practice? Being away from home is one of the most common nutrition challenges I hear about. So I asked Precision Nutrition’s coaches for the tips and tricks they use...
Comments01/12/2017 #4 Cyndi wilkins@Donald 🐝 Grandy...This is a great guide for everyone to print and have hanging in their kitchen for quick reference...and I would also add for folks to remember to eat slowly...When we are on the go we tend to inhale our food in a heated rush which puts a huge strain on the digestive tract...an easy trick is to put down utensils in between bites and take small sips of water to help fill you up...and chew your food thoroughly before swallowing;-)01/12/2017 #2 Lisa 🐝 GallagherThe infographic is full of excellent information and great ideas @Donald 🐝 Grandy. I travel a lot and we do tend to eat junk food or fatty/high carbs. Also, this is even great for home with regards to lunch for those of us who are trying to change our diet. I love the idea of the salad in a bowl. I'm going to purchase a few single serve bowls with lids and try to change it up every few days with salads for lunch. I had gestational diabetes with my second baby and I was told I would have a 50% higher chance of developing diabetes when I hit a 'certain' age. I fear I may be pre-diabetic.. so I want to change my diet now and see if some things change. Again, great idea's for the road, hotels etc... thanks!01/12/2017 #1 David B. GrinbergThanks for the great tips about healthy eating, Don. I'm always reminded of that saying, "You are what you eat." Therefore, it just makes good sense to have a healthy diet to the extent possible. Just don't tell that to the multi-billion dollar global American fast-food industry (LOL).
- Producer30/11/20173 Ways To Trim The Fat When You Become The Thanksgiving TurkeyThe Thanksgiving holidays for many Americans is a festive occasion perfect for sharing with family and friends. A mainstay of Thanksgiving festivities is the feasting on fine foods. For many Americans, overindulging at these feasts can result In...
- Producer24/11/2017Three Fun Ideas For Your Wedding’s Cocktail HourA cocktail hour is the best way to entertain your guests while you are busy taking wedding photos, fixing your outfit or catching a break before you get to the reception. In order to please restless guests, most couples set up a bar so that they...
- Producer17/11/2017"Love Mussel"My hand plunges into the frigid ice water causing goosebumps to erupt over my arm; I grasp a handful of the precious mollusks and place them into the large bowl next to me. The glistening shells are deceptively heavy with the promise of...
Comments29/11/2017 #45 🐝 Fatima G. Williams#41 Me too @Ken Boddie I'm in love with mussels now. God I'm hungry.
@Randall Burns I love the way you cook and would love to eat what you have cooked and would love to cook what you cooked :) Alot of love going on here LOL
The below extract from the buzz is an epic closing to the entire experience.
What is a journey without a destination? What is a destination without a journey? I’m at the point of no return, the remnant of wine in my mouth has pushed me over the edge, and I surrender allowing my senses to fly free. I look into my full bowl and choose a plump, juicy mussel, shell overflowing with sauce, literally gushing; my eyes close involuntarily as my mouth opens to accept what my hand is bringing to it.
I just viewed your profile to add Alberta, Canada on the bucket list to try the chef's handmade food in person :)22/11/2017 #42 Lisa 🐝 Gallagher#36 I caught the same visual you did @Nicole Chardenet, I'm glad you said it first haha! Ah, you do dress down the food slowly @Randall Burns, which left me wanting to eat Mussels right now at 12:30 am. Going to bookmark this page since you were kind enough to leave the recipe!!21/11/2017 #41 Ken BoddieFrom ice to spice and go to whoa,
Our senses you entice,
This chef's 'bolero' starts real slow,
A seafood sacrifice.
But as the cooking pace picks up,
And taste buds are denied,
Our passions plead for dish to sup,
Until we're satisfied.
I swear, Randy, I'll never look at mussel lips the same way again. 😳21/11/2017 #39 Claire L Cardwell@Randall Burns - I haven't had my breakfast yet (running rather late this morning - even though I really did get up before I went to bed..) got some mealie pap porridge going (polenta/grits) - now I want Moules Beurre Rouge for breakfast. Nothing else (even Chocolate or Curry) will not do!19/11/2017 #36 Nicole ChardenetYes! Yes! YES! YES!! YES YES YES YES YES YES YES OH GOD IT'S SO GOOD!!!
I love cooked mussels. Can you tell? :)
Not a big fan of 'moules marinieres' but I do love them cooked :) BTW loved that last shot with the mussel and the fork. Not TOO suggestive, is it??? LOL19/11/2017 #35 Randall Burns#33 Oh and @Charlene Norman You have to thank @Jim Murray for me for his sage advice about,
"Write about what you know"
"Write for yourself, don't write for other people"
(actually I think it's his "I don't give a shit" attitude about what other people think that's wearing off on me. I like it!)19/11/2017 #34 Randall BurnsWell @Charlene Norman I think that's the best response I could've hoped for, Thank You so much. i must admit that the creative juices have been flowing for the past couple of days since writing this, I have several more articles/installments already almost finished in my head and a concept based on this post, and YES, as @Godfrey Hebert has suggested possibly a book, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Control, patience, (foreplay), romance, :-)
I will be sure to keep you posted. Thanks again. :-)19/11/2017 #33 Charlene NormanOMG ...... You have awakened a burning desire deep inside of me to experiment ...... never in my life have I wanted to dabble on the wild side. Mussels ..... I have such a longing to try thee now ... I hope this is just the first of many of your food porn editions. Hugely enjoyable!
- Producer19/11/2017Pasta e Fagioli con la Cotica“…i fagioli sono saporosi… ma…sò nu poco scostumati!” …ecco come Don Felice Sciosciammocca, celebre personaggio del teatro napoletano creato da Eduardo Scarpetta, a proposito della pasta e fagioli, definisce questi ultimi nella commedia teatrale ’O...
- Producer18/11/2017Soup for the ColdI've been on a cooking tip recently. Partly in an effort to eat healthily and thwart this never-ending cold. Partly to take my mind off other shizzle.I'm kind of a lazy cook. I like to get maximum possible flavour for minimal effort. As such, soups...
- Producer16/11/2017What is a MOF ?For people who do not live in France or those who are unfamiliar with the hotel industry, or both, the acronym MOF may seem particularly opaqueYet these three small letters hide an extremely important concept. Indeed, they designate one of the most...
Comments17/11/2017 #3 Paul "Pablo" CroubalianAnyone who rightfully wears a three-color collar (try saying that three times fast), is worthy of our respect. Just the preparation for the competition is insane.
A well-experienced chef of my acquaintance tried. He prepared for nearly 2 years. He fell short.16/11/2017 #2 Stephane 🐝 Fenner#1 @Pascal Derrien, il 17 catégories et dans chacune il peut y avoir des sous-groupes.
Métiers de la restauration et de l'hôtellerie
Métiers de l'alimentation
Métiers du bâtiment, du patrimoine architectural et des travaux publics
Métiers du textile et du cuir
Métiers de l'habitation: bois et ameublement
Métiers des métaux
Métiers de l'industrie
Métiers de la terre et du verre
Métiers du vêtement
Métiers des accessoires de la mode et de la beauté
Métiers de la bijouterie
Métiers des techniques de précision
Métiers de la gravure
Métiers de la communication, du multimédia, de l'audiovisuel
Métiers liés à la musique
Métiers de l'agriculture et de l'aménagement du paysage
Métiers du commerce et des services
- Producer22/10/2017BEER!It was pointed out to me the other day by a friend that all, (and really ALL), of my articles/posts/buzzes, regardless of topic, content or theme, have one common thread; they all mention beer, in one reference or another. I had never noticed...
Comments26/10/2017 #32 Randall BurnsHaHa! @Cyndi wilkins Thank you for the feedback. In my never ending quest to learn and discover more about beer I have yet to find a time, place, or recipe where beer is inappropriate. If you happen to come across such a circumstance I would appreciate a "heads up". :-)23/10/2017 #28 Franci🐝Eugenia Hoffman, beBee Brand AmbassadorBeer is becoming more sophisticated with so many varieties to choose from. I enjoy beer more so than I used to and like to try the new flavors. I like this - "Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of an empty beer glass." I have several friends that have this fear. LOL 🍺🍺23/10/2017 #26 Nathaniel Schooler 🛩 Brand MarketerHey @Randall Burns pleased to meet you thanks for the introduction @stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand Ambassador I use my wine tasting knowledge to have fun with beer, certainly we should chat re a tasting once we find a brewer that has been available here and where you are!! #1823/10/2017 #21 Wayne YoshidaThanks for the nod, @Randall Burns - and yes, I often use beer in BBQ-ing. There's Beer Can Chicken - wonderful technique, and enables the cook to drink a half beer for each bird, beer mop sauce and of course, the cook's privilege of having anyone fetch a beer while basting or checking what's cookin'
Here's one of my favorite beer commercials. I wanted to include this in my natural gas training sessions for work, but some people got offended. . . but why? "It's natural"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMcm98K-FTU23/10/2017 #20 Kevin PashukA fine ode to the ale Randall. As a fellow Canadian, I have an innate, some would say genetic appreciation for the stuff. I do find as I age, my tastes have changed. I now prefer my beer 'before' it goes through the horse, which describes much of the slop that tries to pass itself off.23/10/2017 #19 Harvey LloydThe beer commercials are my favorite. The brew is tied to your manhood, American Flag or your prestige in drinkership. A few grains some yeast and a can and all of a sudden we have the most interesting man alive. SO the way i figure it, within advertising, I:
Need to drink budweiser at the hoedown;
Slap on some AXE
Put on my 300 dollar jeans
Hire three bodyguards to keep the women back as i enter.
Don't ask how i know this really isn't true.
Great post and thoughts on how beer saved the world. Beer is becoming quite sophisticated.23/10/2017 #17 Randall Burns#13 That's great @Pamela 🐝 Williams, Yes it is a world of difference from a generic bottle/can to a craft/micro brew, and they offer an amazing wide variety. Many of the brew pubs will offer a "tasting" of anywhere from 4 to 8 of their beers, very small samples, (that you generally taste light to dark), so that you can find the one that really suits you, then order a pint of that. I've known many people that said they didn't like beer but quickly change their minds when they find the right craft beer. Cheers!
- Producer12/11/2017Top 6 Ideas That Can Make Your Christmas Party a SuccessThe Christmas season is almost here, which means a lot of parties and get-togethers, whether it be with friends, family or co-workers. If it’s your job to plan a Christmas party, you might be a loss for what to do. But there are many options; even...
- Producer10/11/2017Tarte aux figuesAujourd’hui je reviens avec un article recette, et j’avoue que ça fait un petit moment que je vous en ai pas présenté. Vous le savez surement ou pas d’ailleurs, mais les figues font partie des fruits de la saison. Je vous propose donc une recette...
- Producer10/11/2017How Crucial a Mobile App is for your Food Delivery Business in Today’s Times?Owing to the progress of technology, it has become easy for people to enjoy their favorite kind of meal while sitting in the comfort of their homes without making any effort, other than to tap the screens of their mobile phones. With the help of...
- Producer09/11/2017Confettura di Pomodori Gialli - Scuola di CucinaConfettura di pomodorini gialli: sfiziosa ed originale.Voglia di un gusto nuovo? Vi propongo una confettura diversa dal solito, perché preparata con pomodorini gialli. Perfetta abbinata ad un classico tagliere di formaggi, salumi e crostini di...
- Producer03/11/20175 Reasons Why Eating Right Boosts ProductivityThere are numerous misconstrued notions about the factors affecting productivity. One of the most ignored factors is food. Many individuals undermine the role of food in providing energy and fail to consider the intricacies of how food affects...
- Producer01/11/2017"Mise en Place", a State of MindThis article is revamped from the original that I posted on LinkedIn, March, 2014. I've quoted this kitchen term, "Mise en Place", in many of my posts and someone asked me the other day what the actual meaning of the term is. I will let the article...
Comments03/11/2017 #20 Wayne Yoshida@Randall Burns -- Excellent way to capture the definition and philosophy of chefs - not just "cooks." And as many of the comments say - this concept can apply to any profession.
When I was a kid and didn't know anything, I think Julia Child on her TV show used this phrase. I thought it was just a funny (French) way of saying "mess in place" - as in when cooking something, you are making a mess in the kitchen and you have to clean up when done.01/11/2017 #14 Harvey LloydAfter seared fresh sea scallop i had to replace the keyboard, i was drooling. Great piece and thoughts. You can't just do it. Can't speak from the kitchen, but in the tank and smoke stack lining business we were jammed between installers and pipefitters/ironworkers and testing. The way you insured materials were on time, loaded and offloaded kept the team moving with all personnel.
Many a time i would roll up on projects and the foreman got lazy and hadn't laid out his plan, so folks were standing around waiting for paint to dry and grass to grow. To the trailer for the long excuses and ass chewing.
The good ole days, relish them but glad they history. Next time you post with such details of scallops, add some video:)01/11/2017 #12 Pamela 🐝 WilliamsFor anyone working with data and doing analysis ther is one very strong 'mise in place' theory; "Crap in, crap out". Pay attention first to the data you're using or else! Your analysis and metrics are crap and hold no value. 75% data vetting, 24% building metrics, 1% presenting results = analyst's job01/11/2017 #5 Jim MurrayGreat piece @Randall Burns. To paraphrase Trump "Who knew that cheffing (my word), could be so complicated". I think the people that excel in any business or craft are the ones who have a mise en place. I have written several pieces about that and always encourage everyone to figure what kind of whatever they are before heading down the road. The rest will come to you on the trip. And accumulating knowledge will be easier because your mise en place helps you eliminate a lot of the useless and pointless stuff.
- Producer26/10/2017Torta di Mele - Dolci Facili e VelociTorta di Mele: benvenuto autunno!La Torta di Mele è tra le indiscusse protagoniste del periodo autunnale. Soffice, profumata e golosa è tra i dolci fatti in casa più apprezzati.E’ perfetta sia per la colazione mattutina che per la merenda...
- Producer24/10/20175 tips of healthy dine out Eating out is probably the fun part for most of us as you get a chance to eat something different and new after a while. It also reduce the work from your shoulders of cleaning the dishes as well. but there is one thing that pull our steps back from...
- Producer19/10/2017Crepes in Bottiglia - Ricette Facili e VelociUn metodo davvero geniale per preparare le Crepes senza sporcare nulla!Se anche voi come me amate le crepes ma l’idea di lavare poi gli attrezzi utilizzati per prepararle vi sconforta allora troverete molto interessante il metodo che io utilizzo per...
- Producer18/10/2017Valencian Paella RecipeDo you love paella but you don’t know how to cook paella correctly? Don’t worry! Here you have a Valencian paella recipe step by step.First, you will need a Paella pan, we recommend you a paella pan from 42 to 46 cm in diameter. Now, you are ready...
- Producer17/10/20175 Ice Creams for the Adventurous FoodieMost ice cream parlors are stocked with containers of the usual fare (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry) which are meant to be placed in a plain cone or paper cup. These options are nice but they don’t offer much excitement to someone who is an...
- Producer17/10/2017De viaje por nuestra gastronomíaLa gastronomía española tiene fama mundial, y algunos de sus platos típicos son tan populares, que estar en España significa también sentarse a probarlos. La diversidad de platos que tiene la comida española es impresionante. Cada región, cada...
Share and discuss food and beverage recommendations and reviews. Meet other foodies and find opportunities!