- Producer17/10/2017De viaje por nuestra gastronomíaLa gastronomía española tiene fama mundial, y algunos de sus platos típicos son tan populares, que estar en España significa también sentarse a probarlos. La diversidad de platos que tiene la comida española es impresionante. Cada región, cada...
- Producer15/10/2017Relish a Leisure Moment with this Chinese FoodOver the years leisure food is becoming more and more in demand. The intense growths of production and increasing consumptions of leisure food in China have improved China’s economic status. China is one of the world’s major producers for...
- Producer11/10/2017Mentoring; A "Keystone" in the life of a Cook(Kitchen @ "Viaduct Central", Auckland, New Zealand, 1999) The “philosophy” of Mentoring can be applied to any profession, and to life in general; we all have Mentors and by the same token we are all...
Comments13/10/2017 #18 Ali 🐝 Anani, Brand Ambassador @beBee"Mentoring is a lifelong process, particularly in the kitchen, never-ending". Absolutely and zI may add that creativity in the kitchen is endless and has led to many great discoveries. Now the metaphor is extended beautifully to mentoring with great examples. A must read buzz12/10/2017 #12 Gert Scholtz@Randall Burns A super article Randall with an inside look into operations of a restaurant kitchen, I never knew about. I think you summarised it perfectly with: "Mentoring is the "art" of training someone to achieve higher levels of performance, the ability to train them to deal/cope with more responsibility and expectations while teaching a wide range of knowledge."12/10/2017 #10 Randall Burns#6 HaHa! Thanks for that @Harvey Lloyd I'm just glad I didn't offend you. :-) I'm very familiar with the industrial shutdowns you are referring to as I'm presently working at a Lodge in the Alberta Oilsands where the major producers here have shutdowns regularly and yes it is BIG money. That is high stress and adrenaline in it's own right.12/10/2017 #9 Puneet SrivastavaVery nice sharing @Randall Burns. So many experiences. Amazing. I am sure you have helped a lot of people. Good wishes. Look to read more of your write-ups. I love cooking. Do it daily for self and kid plus family. Also try teach 3 things. Grow food. Cook food, Serve food. If you want to be a better human being. Best wishes once again.12/10/2017 #6 Harvey LloydI dont work well with others in those environments is probably better stated. @Randall Burns
Mine was not kitchens but large industrial shutdowns where you had 72 hours to complete two weeks worth of work.
Coordinating, setting up and keeping shifts moving smoothly was my game.
I was not well liked but we got lots of work because we met schedule. Which each hour shutdown is worth hundreds of thousands.
In my youth i enjoyed myopic focus on schedule, people and equipment but glad that stage of life is over.
Doing it every night would be crazy. My hat is off to you and those that make a kitchen work.
Thanks for the opportunity to participate at the guinea pig level and the mention and link.12/10/2017 #5 Irene 🐝 Rodriguez EscolarHigh energy? High stress? Adrenaline rush? Yes indeed! It is the same for every station in the kitchen, including the dishwasher, (An integral and very important part of the team); every station must be “on top of their game” and work together with every other station.
I always say that the work in a restaurant is the best school of customer service. If you can overcome that stress.
It is a team work always, kitchen is nothing more than waiter or that cleaning, waiter is nothing more than cleaning or cooking, the worst thing is to see how they fight and you as cleaning is not appreciated. I have always liked the kitchen, the waitress work too, I like customer service, although I have almost always been dedicated to cleanliness.
There is no one else, we work to serve the clientele and the three areas should be as one (I continue reading ...)11/10/2017 #2 Paul "Pablo" CroubalianThe Foodservice Industry embraces mentorship like no one else. It's equally satisfying for the mentor as the mentee (Is that a word? We just use "chef" and "stagaire"). A stage is French for internship. There's a strong competition for internships with grads of my alma mater (who shall never be mentioned).
I've had many, but one really stands out. She was an at-risk youth who cleaned up after serious drug abuse. She was 19 but only half-way through high school at a special-needs school near my restaurant. Her counselor approached me for an internship. I had 49 applications for the three internships I had available, but I agreed to meet her anyway. It was more out of politeness to the counselor (a regular at the restaurant).
To this day, I don't know what possessed me to accept her. I'm so glad I did. She claimed she loved to cook, but cooking and professional cooking are distant relatives at best. She took to it like a duckling to water. Within a few short weeks, she prepped as fast as I did. She also scaled dough much, much faster than I did.
She kept a level head. Once, a supplier goofed. We had no chocolate for croissant au chocolat (an all-butter croissant stuffed with 60g of couverture semi-sweet chocolate.) I went to a friend's shop to borrow some. On my return, I found her baking croissants that she stuffed with a butterscotchy thing of her own invention. Croissant au Caramel were born and proved very popular.
I got her a scholarship at my school. She graduated second in her class last Spring.
She started as a sous straight out of school. She took over the kitchen in September. If I still had the restaurant, I'd consider passing her the reins
Maybe she'll be the next Escoffier. I can say with pride that the student surpassed the teacher.
- Producer09/10/2017Soufflé alla crema di nocciolaAmici di cucina per te oggi vi propongo un soufflé facilissimo da preparare, con pochi ingredienti e super godurioso da mangiare. Per questa ricetta gli ingredienti principali sono 3: uova, zucchero e crema alla nocciola. Vi servirà inoltre poco...
- Producer06/10/2017Spaghetti di Kamut con Pomodorini e BasilicoSpaghetti di Kamut con Pomodorini Freschi e Basilico: un piatto semplice da realizzare ma dal sapore originale!Nella monotonia dell’alimentazione quotidiana spesso così tanto vincolata a ritmi frenetici e a tempi sempre più ridotti, talvolta...
- 27/09/2017First Time Ever Arabian Restaurant in Bangladesh.
"A Taste Arabian Food"
ARABIAN Grill & Platterimage-store.slidesharecdn.com
- 25/09/2017Breakfast is servedimage-store.slidesharecdn.com
- 25/09/2017Halloween Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: about 3 dozen cookies
2 1/4 cups flour all purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°. Line cookie sheets with parchment or silpat liners.
In medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and mix until well combined.
Add flour mixture and mix on low speed just until combine. Stir in chocolate chips.
Using a small cookie scoop, drop by rounded spoonfuls on to cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned on the edges and still be soft in center.
Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.www.barbarabakes.com
- Producer25/09/2017Ciambellone Soffice alla PannaCiambellone soffice alla Panna: una bontà che vi conquisterà al primo “tenero” morso.Non c’è niente di meglio di una buona colazione per iniziare la giornata con sprint e buonumore. La mia colazione preferita? Una tazzina di caffè bollente e...
- Producer25/09/2017A Strong Caterer Will Make Your Wedding Reception MemorableWhether your reception is happening at a premium banquet hall, or at one of your favourite local breweries; whether you’re inviting 30 people or 300 hundred to attend, one thing is for certain – a good, quality caterer will make or break the...
- 22/09/2017Las patatas fritas con forma de LEGO es la última creación culinaria que nos llega directamente desde Japón.
- Producer15/09/2017Pasta BriséeLa pasta brisée è una preparazione tipica della cucina francese. Con il suo gusto neutro può essere utilizzata per preparazioni salate e dolci. Ovviamente se sapete già che l'andrete ad utilizzare per queste ultime potete tranquillamente aggiungere...
- Producer14/09/2017Pavesini Cocco e NutellaPavesini Cocco e Nutella: un dolcetto veloce da realizzare e senza cotturaI Pavesini Cocco e Nutella sono dei deliziosi dolcetti semplicissimi da preparare. Non hanno bisogno di cottura e per realizzarli basteranno solo quattro ingredienti: cocco...
- Producer12/09/2017Torta carote e aranceTorta carote e aranceSemplice ma buonissima, ecco come descriverei la torta carote e arance. Preparata con pochi ingredienti e pochissimi passaggi è un dolce che chiunque può realizzare. Come agente lievitante per non usare il lievito in bustina...
- 12/09/2017What a way to end a Monday. Smoked Ribs and Sauted Asparagus. It's an all day affair for Smokin' Sanders and the ribs. Hickory pellets and a Traeger Grills rub and finished with Sweet Baby Rays Sweet Vadalia Sauce. Need just a bit more heat, but finger lickin' good! The freshness of the asparagus was excellent; sauted in olive oil and finished with salt, pepper and a couple of pats of butter.
- Producer08/09/2017Involtini di Melanzane GrigliateInvoltini di melanzane grigliate: gusto mediterraneoChe li serviate come antipasto o come sfizioso secondo piatto gli Involtini di Melanzane Grigliate preparati come vi suggerisco in questa ricetta saranno un successone!!Un piatto fresco, estivo,...
- Producer05/09/2017Recetas de cocina hechas como Films¿A quién no le atrae una receta nueva para hacer en casa? ¿Siempre leyendo todos los pasos a seguir, junto con su imagen adjunta? Se ha producido un cambio en esto.¿Y si directores de cine realizan sus video recetas como si fuera su próximo film?...
- Producer04/09/2017Biscotti di Riso con Scaglie di Cioccolato FondenteBiscotti di Riso con Scaglie di Coccolato Fondente: Glutine a parte …sono buonissimi!!!Biscotti di Riso: saranno buoni? Se è ciò che vi state chiedendo allora sappiate che NO, non sono buoni ma…deliziosi!!! soprattutto in questa versione con...
- Producer03/09/2017Spiedini di Toast - Ricette EstiveToast Spiedini: l’idea creativa che mancava!Metti un venerdì sera, tanta voglia di relax, poca voglia di cucinare e soprattutto di riordinare e pulire la cucina…cosa c’è di più pratico, invitante e veloce da realizzare di un toast?Due fette di pane...
- Producer31/08/2017Frullato di Frutta FrozenFrullato Frozen…tra le cose buone dell’estate!Durante la stagione estiva la frutta trova la sua massima espressione. In questo periodo dell’anno pesche, albicocche, anguria, meloni, fichi, lamponi, uva, fragole, mirtilli, pere, lamponi, ribes, more,...