- 20/04/2017Formula E: Williams’ updated batteryInsight: Williams’ updated battery – Formula Ewww.fiaformulae.com Paul McNamara explains how the Formula E power unit has been developed for Season 3 and 4 and where it can be used...
- 12/04/2017Wow!!!Alonso to miss Monaco, race in Indy 500www.formula1.com McLaren have announced that Fernando Alonso will miss this year’s race in Monaco, and will instead race in the Indianapolis 500 which takes place on the same...
- 05/04/2017Do watch FIA WEC!7 Reasons Why You Should Watch The WEC In 2017wtf1.com Just because there's no more Audi, it doesn't mean the World Endurance Championship will be any less...
- 04/04/2017Definitely right!Formula 1 needs camera-angle rethink, GPDA chairman Wurz believeswww.autosport.com Formula 1 needs a rethink of its broadcast camera angles to really showcase the new-generation cars, Grand Prix Drivers' Association chairman Alex Wurz...
- 04/04/2017A great result for the Panasonic Jaguar Racing team at this weekends Mexico City ePrixJaguar delighted with first points – Formula Ewww.fiaformulae.com Fourth and eighth means all 10 teams have now scored points this...
- 03/04/2017BMW announced today that they are launching a factory Formula E team for season 5, on top of supplying their power train to Andretti... A very interesting move from Munich and great to have another team on the gridBMW to field team next season at Formula Enews.bmw.co.uk BMW to field new manufacturer team for the next season of Formula...
- 02/04/2017FIA Formula E Mexico results (round 4):
1. Lucas di Grassi ABT Schaeffler Audi Sport
2. Jean-Eric Vergne Techeetah +1.966s
3. Sam Bird DS Virgin Racing +5.480s
4. Mitch Evans Panasonic Jaguar Racing +9.770s
5. Nico Prost Renault e.dams +9.956s
6. Jose Maria Lopez DS Virgin Racing +10.631s
7. Daniel Abt ABT Schaeffler Audi Sport +11.694s
8. Adam Carroll Panasonic Jaguar Racing +13.722s
9. Nelson Piquet Jr NextEV NIO +14.156s
10. Esteban Gutierrez Techeetah +15.717s
11. Robin Frijns MS Amlin Andretti +21.459s
12. Nick Heidfeld Mahindra Racing +27.232s
13. Jerome d’Ambrosio Faraday Future Dragon Racing +32.646
14. Sebastien Buemi Renault e.dams +1m 01.365s
15. Stephane Sarrazin Venturi + 1 lap
16. Felix Rosenqvist Mahindra Racing + 2 laps
DNF. Maro Engel Venturi
DNF. Antonio Felix da Costa MS Amlin Andretti
DNF. Loic Duval Faraday Future Dragon Racing
DNF. Oliver Turvey GBR NextEV NIO
- 31/03/2017VW sends Lamborghini's Domenicali to Paris engine meetingen.f1i.com Germany's Auto Bild reported yesterday that Audi would be attending an F1 engine manufacturer's meeting in Paris tomorrow, at the headquarters of the...
- 29/03/2017Audi to attend next F1 engine meeting!Audi to attend next Formula 1 group engine meeting!en.f1i.com Volkswagen will be sending an Audi representative to an upcoming meeting hosted by the FIA to debate the future of the sport's engine...
- 27/03/2017New track layout revealed for Berlin ePrixNew track layout revealed for Berlin ePrix – Formula Ewww.fiaformulae.com Tickets back on sale for double-header at Tempelhof...
- 21/03/2017FIA homologates 9 Manufacturers for Formula E 2018-19 SeasonNine Season 5 powertrain manufacturers homologated – Formula Ewww.fiaformulae.com Nine manufacturers granted powertrain homologation from 2018/19...
- 21/03/2017Does Formula E need Alonso?Agag: “My priority will be to bring Alonso into Formula E” - e-racing.netwww.e-racing.net
Comments21/03/2017 #1 jeff carterThis is VERY intriguing. I have been an Alonso fane since his early days with Minardi. At Bahrain in 2015, I had seats right across from the McLaren garage. You could taste the frustration then...imagine what he is feeling after 2017 testing. This move would bring many F1 fans over to Formula E. :)
- 17/03/2017Should McLaren ditch Honda in favour of Mercedes?Should McLaren ditch Honda in favour of Mercedes?blueflagf1blog.com Following a disastrous pre-season, is it time for McLaren to call time on their seemingly doomed partnership with...
- 17/03/2017Who Is Sebastien Buemi?Sébastien Buemi: Swiss racing driver, influencer, ambassador...www.coolbrandz.com Sébastien Buemi: Swiss professional racing driver. Kart racing championships, Formula BMW world championship, Red Bull, Formula 1, Formula E...
- 15/03/2017NEXTEV's NIO EP9 broke the record for the fastest autonomous car around the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, TexasEP9 at Circuit of the Americas - Fastest Autonomous Car EP9 at Circuit of the Americas - Fastest Autonomous...
Comments17/03/2017 #4 Stephane 🐝 Fenner#3 Normally all cars should have exact same performance as they are supposed to have maximized parameters (line, speed, etc.). Will there be overtakings? Will AI make the difference?
Looking forward seeing it at least once. But as you mentioned, there is a threat of loosing excitement. We'll see...17/03/2017 #3 Wayne Yoshida#2 Agreed, @Stephane 🐝 Fenner - If enough sensors are on the "automatic" car, including the seat bottom - I am sure they will exceed a human's capability of finding the correct line to follow, and optimize track times.
But, to be honest, I am not sure if I would enjoy watching an autonomous race. It then becomes a technology platform, with no excitement that an un-predictable human being can bring into the competition.
Almost like watching an expensive computer game.
Reminds me of this old TV show:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ultimate_Computer17/03/2017 #2 Stephane 🐝 Fenner@Wayne Yoshida, thanks for your comment. Interesting question.
I believe autonomous cars could exceed humans, due to the fact that sensors and computers are able to push the limits and "flirt" with the cutting edge. On the other hand, pilots feel the track and the car's reaction. They anticipate a lot...
We will see if algorithms and calculations can "overtake" human drivers...16/03/2017 #1 Wayne YoshidaYes - "finding the limits" - a driver must always be on the edge of that envelope to wring out the best performance of any vehicle. It will be interesting to see in an autonomous car will be able to exceed a human driver capability - rather than replicate the line set by the human. Thanks for finding and sharing this great video, @Javier 🐝 beBee and @Stephane 🐝 Fenner
- 15/03/2017New electric single-seater car 'Formulino E' has been unveiled in Geneva, with creators looking for it to be the basis of a junior seriesNew 'Formulino E' electric junior single-seater revealedbit.ly A new junior electric single-seater that could be “like Formula 2 to Formula 1” for electric racing has been...
- 14/03/2017Force India turns pinkForce India turns pink with new sponsorship deal · F1 Fanaticwww.f1fanatic.co.uk Force India has revealed a bright new pink livery after signing a new deal with water technology firm Best Water...
- 09/03/2017Formula E and FIA launch Smart Cities InitiativeFormula E and FIA launch Smart Cities Initiative – Formula Ewww.fiaformulae.com
- 08/03/2017Renault - ZOE e-Sport concept
What do you think?Renault ZOE e-Sport Concept Enter the world of fun and performance with #ZOEeSportConcept. A careful blend of boldness and modernity. // Entrez dans le monde de la performance et du...
- 08/03/2017Fernando Alonso may leave McLaren F1 after 2017
Full article :
- 03/03/20173 weeks to the first 2017 FIA Formula One GP
The 2017 calendar in full :
March 26 - Australia (Melbourne)
April 9 - China (Shanghai)
April 16 - Bahrain (Bahrain)
April 30 - Russia (Sochi)
May 14 - Spain (Barcelona)
May 28 - Monaco (Monte Carlo)
June 11 - Canada (Montreal)
June 25 - Azerbaijan (Baku)
July 9 - Austria (Spielberg)
July 16 - Great Britain (Silverstone)
July 30 - Hungary (Budapest)
August 27 - Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)
September 3 - Italy (Monza)
September 17 - Singapore (Singapore)
October 1 - Malaysia (Sepang)
October 8 - Japan (Suzuka)
October 22 - USA (Austin)
October 29 - Mexico (Mexico City)
November 12 - Brazil (Sao Paulo)
November 26 - Abu Dhabi (Abu Dhabi)scontent.xx.fbcdn.net
- 01/03/2017FIA Formula E car change during pitstopscontent.xx.fbcdn.net
- 28/02/2017Rare picture - Formula One Barcelona
There have been plenty of ‘aero rakes’ on view this morning. These devices use an array of probes to map airflow, and are commonly fitted behind the front tyres to measure tyre wake. The information gleaned is very useful for understanding airflow along the full length of the car. Red Bull were one of the teams making use of an aero rake this morning, with Max Verstappen (above) running a device on his RB13www.formula1.com
- 28/02/2017FIA Formula One - Pre-season testing - Barcelona
Day 2 - results
Full report : https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/2/raikkonen-and-ferrari-head-second-day-of-testing.htmlwww.formula1.com