- 21/03/2017FIA homologates 9 Manufacturers for Formula E 2018-19 SeasonNine Season 5 powertrain manufacturers homologated – Formula Ewww.fiaformulae.com Nine manufacturers granted powertrain homologation from 2018/19...
- 21/03/2017Does Formula E need Alonso?Agag: “My priority will be to bring Alonso into Formula E” - e-racing.netwww.e-racing.net
Comments21/03/2017 #1 jeff carterThis is VERY intriguing. I have been an Alonso fane since his early days with Minardi. At Bahrain in 2015, I had seats right across from the McLaren garage. You could taste the frustration then...imagine what he is feeling after 2017 testing. This move would bring many F1 fans over to Formula E. :)
- 17/03/2017Should McLaren ditch Honda in favour of Mercedes?Should McLaren ditch Honda in favour of Mercedes?blueflagf1blog.com Following a disastrous pre-season, is it time for McLaren to call time on their seemingly doomed partnership with...
- 17/03/2017Who Is Sebastien Buemi?Sébastien Buemi: Swiss racing driver, influencer, ambassador...www.coolbrandz.com Sébastien Buemi: Swiss professional racing driver. Kart racing championships, Formula BMW world championship, Red Bull, Formula 1, Formula E...
- 15/03/2017NEXTEV's NIO EP9 broke the record for the fastest autonomous car around the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, TexasEP9 at Circuit of the Americas - Fastest Autonomous Car EP9 at Circuit of the Americas - Fastest Autonomous...
Comments17/03/2017 #4 Stephane 🐝 Fenner#3 Normally all cars should have exact same performance as they are supposed to have maximized parameters (line, speed, etc.). Will there be overtakings? Will AI make the difference?
Looking forward seeing it at least once. But as you mentioned, there is a threat of loosing excitement. We'll see...17/03/2017 #3 Wayne Yoshida#2 Agreed, @Stephane 🐝 Fenner - If enough sensors are on the "automatic" car, including the seat bottom - I am sure they will exceed a human's capability of finding the correct line to follow, and optimize track times.
But, to be honest, I am not sure if I would enjoy watching an autonomous race. It then becomes a technology platform, with no excitement that an un-predictable human being can bring into the competition.
Almost like watching an expensive computer game.
Reminds me of this old TV show:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ultimate_Computer17/03/2017 #2 Stephane 🐝 Fenner@Wayne Yoshida, thanks for your comment. Interesting question.
I believe autonomous cars could exceed humans, due to the fact that sensors and computers are able to push the limits and "flirt" with the cutting edge. On the other hand, pilots feel the track and the car's reaction. They anticipate a lot...
We will see if algorithms and calculations can "overtake" human drivers...16/03/2017 #1 Wayne YoshidaYes - "finding the limits" - a driver must always be on the edge of that envelope to wring out the best performance of any vehicle. It will be interesting to see in an autonomous car will be able to exceed a human driver capability - rather than replicate the line set by the human. Thanks for finding and sharing this great video, @Javier 🐝 beBee and @Stephane 🐝 Fenner
- 15/03/2017New electric single-seater car 'Formulino E' has been unveiled in Geneva, with creators looking for it to be the basis of a junior seriesNew 'Formulino E' electric junior single-seater revealedbit.ly A new junior electric single-seater that could be “like Formula 2 to Formula 1” for electric racing has been...
- 14/03/2017Force India turns pinkForce India turns pink with new sponsorship deal · F1 Fanaticwww.f1fanatic.co.uk Force India has revealed a bright new pink livery after signing a new deal with water technology firm Best Water...
- 09/03/2017Formula E and FIA launch Smart Cities InitiativeFormula E and FIA launch Smart Cities Initiative – Formula Ewww.fiaformulae.com
- 08/03/2017Renault - ZOE e-Sport concept
What do you think?Renault ZOE e-Sport Concept Enter the world of fun and performance with #ZOEeSportConcept. A careful blend of boldness and modernity. // Entrez dans le monde de la performance et du...
- 08/03/2017Fernando Alonso may leave McLaren F1 after 2017
Full article :
- 03/03/20173 weeks to the first 2017 FIA Formula One GP
The 2017 calendar in full :
March 26 - Australia (Melbourne)
April 9 - China (Shanghai)
April 16 - Bahrain (Bahrain)
April 30 - Russia (Sochi)
May 14 - Spain (Barcelona)
May 28 - Monaco (Monte Carlo)
June 11 - Canada (Montreal)
June 25 - Azerbaijan (Baku)
July 9 - Austria (Spielberg)
July 16 - Great Britain (Silverstone)
July 30 - Hungary (Budapest)
August 27 - Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)
September 3 - Italy (Monza)
September 17 - Singapore (Singapore)
October 1 - Malaysia (Sepang)
October 8 - Japan (Suzuka)
October 22 - USA (Austin)
October 29 - Mexico (Mexico City)
November 12 - Brazil (Sao Paulo)
November 26 - Abu Dhabi (Abu Dhabi)scontent.xx.fbcdn.net
- 01/03/2017FIA Formula E car change during pitstopscontent.xx.fbcdn.net
- Rare picture - Formula One Barcelona
There have been plenty of ‘aero rakes’ on view this morning. These devices use an array of probes to map airflow, and are commonly fitted behind the front tyres to measure tyre wake. The information gleaned is very useful for understanding airflow along the full length of the car. Red Bull were one of the teams making use of an aero rake this morning, with Max Verstappen (above) running a device on his RB13www.formula1.com
- FIA Formula One - Pre-season testing - Barcelona
Day 2 - results
Full report : https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/2/raikkonen-and-ferrari-head-second-day-of-testing.htmlwww.formula1.com
- 2017 F1 Williams Mercedes FW40scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net
- 2017 F1 Scuderia Toro Rosso STR12scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net
- 2017 Haas F1 Team VF17scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net
- Comparison between F1 and Formula E on Monaco circuitF1 2014 vs Formula E Comparison - Monaco Nico Rosberg's 2014 pole lap against Sebastian Buemi's lap that was published to the Formula E youtube channel. Admittedly Buemi's lap was not a qualifying...
- 27/02/20172017 F1 Red Bull Racing RB13scontent.xx.fbcdn.net
- The 2017 F1 Scuderia Ferrari SF70H
Discover the new single-seater here: sf70h.ferrari.comscontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net
- The countdown all car aficionados have been waiting for!
Follow the unveiling of the Ferrari F1 car live on:Ferrari F1 2017 car launch2017carlaunch.ferrari.com Follow the live car launch of the 2017 Ferrari...
- 23/02/2017Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport launches W08 EQ Power+www.mercedesamgf1.com
- 23/02/2017Prost's opinion on F1 in general and positive with Ross Brawn heading the sport.
Also positive with the new Renault car.Prost: F1 needs to be like Formula Ethejudge13.com During the launch of Renault’s 2017 challenger- the RS17, another associate from France was presented as their special adviser to the Enstone based team. The 61 year old 4 time world...