- Producer30/03/2017The Brutal Blender : Rebuilding While Broken"As my children grew and I continued to be deconstructed and reconstructed, I realized that the solution to my problem was none other than me."My son and daughter have developmental delays in speech as well as gross motor and fine motor delays. Due...
Comments30/03/2017 #1 Franci🐝Eugenia HoffmanYou are an amazing woman, @Dorothy Cooper. We all have our hurdles to overcome, but you seem to have encountered more than your share. "We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated." - Maya Angelou
@🐝 Fatima G. Williams @Donna-Luisa Eversley @Lisa 🐝 Gallagher @Deb 🐝 Helfrich @Joyce 🐝 Bowen
- 30/03/2017First Blossoms 2017 - my latest photo on www.flickr.com/photos/kwpashuk
It's always an exciting day when the crocuses bloom in our garden. It means winter's clutches are practically a memory (although there may still be a storm in the wings).
- 29/03/2017Mouse + Trap = MousetrapCan artificial intelligence make you a better tweeter?www.recode.net An AI startup called Post Intelligence hopes it...
- Producer29/03/2017Take A MomentI was up snowboarding my favorite hill a few weeks ago (Copper Mountain), and got the opportunity to go with one of my “Ride or Dies” and his sister. It was a perfect day for boarding, just enough cloud cover, brisk air, fresh gorgeous Colorado...
- 29/03/2017The Problem: Organic Reach on Social Media is declining
The Solution: beBee
https://www.bebee.com/producer/@javierbebee/different-networks-different-applicationsOrganic Reach on Social Media is Declining—Here's What to Do About Itblog.hootsuite.com Your social media content strategy isn’t reaching as many people as before. What to do? Here are four ways to deal with the decline in organic...
- 28/03/2017I recently made a video answering the 3 most commonly asked questions I get about Social Media -- watch belowTop 3 Most Commonly Asked Questions about Social Media #1 Can Social Media actually help my business make more money? #2 How do I measure our social media marketing efforts? #3 Where do I start? Which social...
- 28/03/2017HINT: The hidden method is beBee. BUT did you know you could share your tweets here and get more retweets, views, followers, and not to mention that when you share your tweets into hives on beBee you are reaching a curated audience!Use This Hidden Method to Boost Engagement on Your Tweetswww.linkedin.com If you know a thing or two about social media marketing, you are aware that cross-channel promotion of your content can expand your reach and build...
Comments30/03/2017 #13 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand AmbassadorDiscover also my new Hive & sign-up at : https://www.bebee.com/producer/hive/engineeo-global-ventures29/03/2017 #11 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand AmbassadorActually it works fine, 600 views per hour on twitter per tweet +/-...and beBee post get @John White, MBA compliance rates within the next hours, reading to be push on buzz @beBee for a Mytweetpack selection enter. @Javier 🐝 beBee thanks for 14 x retweets. I am gonna test on High figures personaes....i will post metrics too.29/03/2017 #10 Anne Thornley-BrownThis cross-platform method works. After seeing it here, I clicked on the link and went right over to LinkedIn aand commented. I likely would never have seen it if it had only been posted on LinkedIn.
That is the exactly the premise behind beBee Bloggers Network.
1. Make other bloggers aware of your blog posts by sharing links to your posts and your social media share.
2. Have a look at the content that other bloggers have posted.
3. Pick what you find to be of value and share it.
4. Like the comment where the blogger posted it to let them know you provided support.
No mandatory sharing involved. It's just another way to bring your content to the attention of your target audience.
It's new on 3 platforms:
- LinkedIn: http://bit.ly/b2bbloggersnetwork
- beBee Hive: https://www.bebee.com/group/b2b-bloggers-network
-Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/b2bblognetwork
Join one our all.
I created a Twitter list too and just made it public:
Now it's easier than ever to find and share great content
- The Egyptian Pyramids - Funny Animated Short Film (Full HD) Cairo, 1920, an archaeologist is about to discover the secret of the Egyptian Pyramids... Directed by : Corentin Charron, Lise Corriol, Olivier Lafay,...
- Producer29/03/2017The Write StuffI learn about the art of writing here on beBee. The platform has a superbly skilled and diverse group of writers, bloggers and honey-makers. Each with a unique style, each with a unique voice.Good writing is in the eye of the beholder. With my...
Comments29/03/2017 #7 Tausif MundrawalaSo many wonderful writers on one platform its really a boon for all of us bees. Gert, even you are one of the finest writers I have known till date.You posting buzzes which were not read before. Be it about you learning spanish, travelogues, sharing our poems and creating a buzz. You have always appreciated talent but I would take this opportunity to list you as one of my favourite writers. All the writers listed here are exceptional.
Thanks for sharing this buzz with us, @Gert 🐝 Scholtz
- Producer28/03/2017One day at a Time ! It had me thinking about a few people and how they easily give up in life , work , on people and some even do this on social media.The uniqueness and singleness which distinguishes each individual and gives a meaning to his existence has a bearing...
Comments30/03/2017 #17 Yogesh Sukal"Man... He not only lives in this moment, but expands his inner self to yesterday, his curiosity to centuries ago, his fears to five billion years from now when the sun will cool, his hopes to an eternity from now. He lives not only on a tiny territory, nor even on an entire planet, but in a galaxy, in a universe, and in dimensions beyond visible universes.
It is appalling, the burden that man bears, the experiential burden."
- Ernest Becker
I agree to you @🐝 Fatima G. Williams each of us have responsibility ranging from small surrounding to the deep space. If it is too idealistic, At least thought is inspiring to keep on right track and contribute positive to make dent.
Thank you so much for inspiring post.29/03/2017 #12 🐝 Fatima G. Williams#5 Thank you @Franci🐝Eugenia Hoffman
After reading the Book " One day at a time. I wanted to write about it and tossing through my drafts and noticed that I saved his quote on my notes long time ago and they add volume to message I am trying to convey.
John Bytheway quote is straightforward hits the nail on the head. I'm hearing the word cinch for the first time. And it has three different meaning. Drawing the attention of @Sara Jacobovici for Wednesday words collection.29/03/2017 #11 🐝 Fatima G. Williams@Cyndi wilkins comment on Ali Anani buzz - Butterfly collaboration" throws light on my thoughts here.
Cyndi's comment below
"Perhaps if more of us took on the task of addressing our own individual fears first, we could serve to shift the winds of change in favor of collaboration within the forces that govern our nations and move from conflict into a unified awareness of the long standing beliefs and cultural practices that no longer serve our growth as a 'global community." Cyndi it couldn't be said any better. You say "The "I" mentality in humans may be the main barrier to adapting to the environment by all individuals."29/03/2017 #10 🐝 Fatima G. Williams#5 Thank you @Franci🐝Eugenia Hoffman
After reading the Book " One day at a time. I wanted to write and tossing through my drafts and noticed I saved his quote on my notes long time agi and they add volume to message I am trying to convey.
John Bytheway quote is straightforward hits on the nail. I'm hearing the word cinch for the first time. And it has three different meaning. Drawing the attention of @Sara Jacobovici for Wednesday words collection.29/03/2017 #9 🐝 Fatima G. Williams#4 Great examples @Devesh 🐝 Bhatt Yes we all co-exist. Well I don't want us just to exist. I want us to live not just exist. Kinda how we are living right now. I guess like David says I should probably not sweat it.
I will strive to change this conditioning system Lets start with the children29/03/2017 #8 🐝 Fatima G. Williams#3 Thank you @David B. Grinberg for taking your precious time to add your thoughts.
Our collective lives exist for a mere nanosecond- Wow it just shows we don't have much time do we.
I think I'll like the dontsweat.com just by looking at the website. The books I shall add them to my collection.
"One day at a time, one step at a time, while maintaining a positive outlook, compassion and kindness towards others" This quote summed up the whole buzz Thank you29/03/2017 #4 Devesh 🐝 BhattThe world and I, the use is always mutual. The use will always be a matter of injustice. Because we may skip the word "grow" and "responsibility" and presume that "can't be selfish" implies that we already are. That is how the human mind has been conditioned by society to conveniently ignore a beautiful message by you and focus selectively.
We dont use each other, we co exist. The universe exists because countless things co exist. An examlle, people choose poverty alleviation over child labour or deforestation, but it cannot be sustained because it all has to co-exist. Sometimes the best way to co exist is to quit the perceptions of "use" and "give" and "take" in the social sense altogether. Because giving and taking is simultaneous .. when we give/take unwisely we give misery to both...when we give/take wisely , we give progress to both. We can only value others when we value ourselves and all transactions are to enhance this value. The measures of value simply change, giving is just a mediator, a simple catalyst to realise it.29/03/2017 #3 David B. GrinbergThanks for another brilliant buzz, Fatima. The way I try to live is one day at a time, one step at a time, while maintaining a positive outlook, compassion and kindness towards others. Moreover, when one thinks about cosmic time relative to the human life span, it appears that our collective lives exist for a mere nanosecond (one-billionth of a second).
To wit: the global average life span is about 71 years according to the latest data from the World Health Organization (WHO). Scientists say the planet Earth is about 4.5 billion years old and the Universe is about 14 billion years old. I find this to be a sobering and humbling comparison. That is, putting the human life span in a cosmic perspective. That's also why I also try to abide by the maxim, "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff - And It's All Small Stuff" (per the book of the same name and book series) http://dontsweat.com/
These perspectives help a lot with stress relief during challenging times, at least for me. Thanks again for another brilliant buzz, Fatima!28/03/2017 #2 Tausif MundrawalaMany a times people blame others for their doom but thy don't understand that they have not valued themselves. It was beautifully highlighted in your buzz. And you have mentioned reading this book in your previous buzz. I wished that you should pen something related to reading this book. I have read several novels of Danielle Steel though she produced lots of books. One of my favourite novels were The House, Malice etc. and the list goes on.
Thanks for sharing this buzz with us my friend, @🐝 Fatima G. Williams. Atleast we all share a common interest that is avid reading.28/03/2017 #1 Ali Anani"There needs to be a balance of value to you and others. We can't grow alone. We've used the world( Our immediate surrounding ) and the people around it to help us grow". Do you think I agree with you my dear @🐝 Fatima G. Williams View more"There needs to be a balance of value to you and others. We can't grow alone. We've used the world( Our immediate surrounding ) and the people around it to help us grow". Do you think I agree with you my dear @🐝 Fatima G. Williams. Yes, I do and I am absorbed by this quote of yours. Accidentally, I published a buzz today on beBee on The Butterfly Effect of Collaboration. The main theme of my buzz provides full support to your buzz. This is a buzz worthy of sharing. Close
- Producer29/03/2017ENIGMATIC CONTRADICTION IN NATURE!Nature appears as weird to us Intriguing its manifestation with ruckus Rock, Sand, Frost and Ice Soil and toil makes it resplendent to us with surprise All are in moving phenomena Amazing and bemusing us with its grand panorama...
Comments29/03/2017 #7 Gerald HechtThank you kindly for the tag @debasish majumder ...how do we know if "it" changeth or if it be but ourselves which hath transformed against an eternal context...indeed; what if both changeth albeit at different rates, directions, magnitudes...or synchronized in perfect dynamic harmony? What if we are merely being asked to unask our (though it be illusory in the first place) our query; "unasked", "unasked"...from where...from whence...is it eternal --yet asymmetrical; within us AND without us; INDEED!
Is it possible to ponder the machinery generating the queries With said machinery as our only tool? http://psiwebsubr.org/SUBR/studyguides/381/psyc381exam1studyguide.html
- **Multi-Award-Winning** CGI Animated Short HD: "The Looking Planet" - by Eric Law Anderson Enjoy this CGI 3D Animated Short Film and winner of over 50 film festival jury and audience awards including Best Short Film, Best Sci-Fi Film, Best...
- 18/07/2016beBee presenta beBee Gees. ¡Pasen y vean!beBee Challenge #5 - beBee Gees bailan Staying Alive ¡Nueva entrega de beBee Challenge! Una usuaria retó a modo de broma al equipo fundador de beBee a hacer su particular versión del éxito de los Bee Gees,...
Comments10/02/2017 #13 Irene 🐝 Rodriguez Escolar¿Otra vez? Ejem (voy a ser muuy de barrio, no me lo tengan encuenta l@s seleccionadores de RRHH)
ME PARTO LA CAJA CON VOSOTROS jajajajaja que grandes. otra cosa @Federico 🐝 Álvarez San Martín View more¿Otra vez? Ejem (voy a ser muuy de barrio, no me lo tengan encuenta l@s seleccionadores de RRHH)
ME PARTO LA CAJA CON VOSOTROS jajajajaja que grandes. otra cosa @Federico 🐝 Álvarez San Martín @Javier 🐝 beBee,(si no lo digo reviento) ejem ya sabemos quién llevaria la llave, pero... ¿y el destornillador y el martillo? Ahí lo dejo. Close18/07/2016 #4 detapitasenlacalle ..Jajaja Divertidííísimooo...pero siendo reales........ dar gracias que os funcionan bien las nuevas tecnologías (beBee) porque si tenéis que comer del baile...tendríais varios metros de intestino sin estrenar!!!!! Gracias por esa clase magistral y por compartirlo!!!!
- 28/03/2017The primary operation of the Port Royal Group for Yacht Builders, Buyers & Owners is being shifted back to LinkedIn from beBee. The group has a membership of some 800 yacht industry professionals and conversations that are 100% authentic insider exchange. If you are seriously interested in yachting or the yacht industry, join the conversation at: https://lnkd.in/e4veDCb
- Stephan J Metral on Twittertwitter.com “beBee Challenge #5 - beBee Gees bailan... have been shared in one of the hives on beBee https://t.co/KtI0VL50mU buzz @beBee @plm4aec...
- Producer22/03/2017Why GNU/Linux is not Accepted by the Academic Community?“Are the students capable of adopting GNU/Linux?” the dean doubts? The faculty member is surprised by the stark question of the dean “Are the students capable of adopting GNU/Linux?” It is easy to understand that the dean is not having...
Comments22/03/2017 #2 Frank GeislerWe from Labdoo.org use Linux and it has been proven the most stable, fast and easy to use OS for the children, schools and refugees we are supporting. Please check www.labdoo.org for further information about spreading education around the globe or follow/contact me directly!22/03/2017 #1 martin romandiaI use linux systems in.my business by 3 years.and all this time who i used linux and open source software ,i never have problems,and some times works better than windows.
Nowadays ,i have need to use windows 10 ,but i use open source software .Linux will be very powerfull for technical education.
Dont leave effort for propose Linux for Education.
My best wishes from mexico.
- ProducerIn depth with Affinity propagation: let set the stage!Engineeo Global Ventures is an R dedicated set of companies & researchers in the field of IoT Get to now the 16 essential points here for what is called affinity propagation.affinity propagation: An algorithm that identifies exemplars among data...
Comments30/03/2017 #1 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand AmbassadorDiscover also my new Hive & sign-up at : https://www.bebee.com/producer/hive/engineeo-global-ventures
- 29/03/2017This is proof that Personal; Branding is a very hot topic and the next BIG thing in the business world. With all of the topics on Entrepreneur, my article "8 Reasons a Powerful Personal Brand Will Make You Successful" is #5 site-wide after 1 day and I moved to the #1 Featured Contributor (under their sponsored post).
Article Link: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/289278
- 29/03/2017I had so much fun interviewing @Jeremy Miller on Inc. If you're not following Jeremy yet, buzz on over to his profile! http://www.inc.com/john-white/how-to-be-a-successful-entrepreneur-before-finishing-high-school.html
- Producer28/03/2017The butterfly effect of collaborationWhile preparing a lecture on complexity the idea of showing examples from nature popped up. Two examples from nature that seemed distant from each other proved to be related. I refer here the complexity of sand dunes and ant's colonies. It amazes...
Comments30/03/2017 #54 Ali Anani#53 @Harvey Lloyd- your comment stirred my mind to the extent I couldn't respond to it in a timely manner.
You reminded me of a presentation that I wrote almost three years back titled "The Three Simple Rules ARe Everywhere":
I wonder if you have two minutes to read it because I give many examples of the three simple rules that lead to complexity. Meanwhile I am still thinking about the three simple rules that would lead to generating a binding or gluing purpose. I promise to comment again, but I need to firm up my mind first. May be you could help me.29/03/2017 #53 Harvey Lloyd@Ali Anani ants are an amazing social group when you watch them. Humans cant get three people in a room to agree and commit to something 100%. Yet ants, in the hundreds, operate without verbal discussion and attack a goal with their whole self.
I drew a point of reference from your post. The point is at that transaction where choice has to be made. Where do i put my grain of sand in ant world, or how would you like for me to interpret the report in human world.
Ants seem to have some very clear yet complex understanding of what to do in each situation and execute. The task from the single ant perspective is seen as pretty elementary, but from a social structure is quite complex. The rules are simple in execution but there is no feedback loop within the choice. Meaning the choice once executed is not compared to another ant.
What does this tell us as individuals when we face a choice of execution? Our choices seem to be challenged by variables that have no bearing on the impending goal or milestone.
In making choices at the transaction level within humans what three rules would be necessary to cut through the variables that don't apply? Can it be that simple? Keeping in mind, there are two things going on, a person speaking and a person hearing. Both or all would need to adhere to the three rules.
Challenging stuff.29/03/2017 #51 Jean L. Serio CPC, CeMAHumans, say scientists, are poor multi-taskers. And managing our time is critical to improving not only our lives but productivity. That said, we can certainly learn much from ants - who clearly are a highly highly productive group. And interesting to know ants can choose work they enjoy. Perhaps we should be more like ants Ali!.29/03/2017 #49 Robert CormackAnts are amazing at working together, @Ali Anani, but we'll never know if any ant stood out or distinguished itself in any form of sand collection. As long as ants are willing to accept the anthill as it exists, there never will be a distinguishable ant. Maybe nature is telling us something.29/03/2017 #47 debasish majumderthe distance between two waves or ripples are also being made by virtue of self communication in the sand dunes? i wonder, how this exactly construe? so far, our knowledge is concern, it is primarily determined by the surface on which wind blow. however, lovely insight. enjoyed read. thank you very much for the share sir @Ali Anani.29/03/2017 #40 Ali Anani#38 I am on the same boat as your are @Praveen Raj Gullepalli. The illumination you seek is the illumination I seek myself. However; I progressively realize that as my knowledge expands, my knowledge also shrinks exponentially o many other issue. Your comment deepens this feeling in me.29/03/2017 #39 🐝 Fatima G. Williams#36 Why we fail to understand such visual and striking examples of collaboration and what it can do for the sake of us all. A question I ask myself everyday ! Thank you Ali Anani for we need constant reminders of learning the art of power of self-organization. This buzz drives me in the right direction.29/03/2017 #38 Praveen Raj Gullepalli#35
It does seem as if the size and shape or the grain of sand is its very nature. To organise and build following their code is in the ants' very nature.
The nature of man is perhaps to first experience, understand and then transcend. Transcend the senses, nature, thought, feeling and imagination. Instead he chooses to mostly experience and enjoy ;) disregarding the pleasure-pain interdependency.
Every day, every thing I see beyond me, only deepens the mystery.
I can but try to read the omens, while the flashes of insight can but ill light the way; that knowledge paves.
Hopefully I shall stumble upon some lasting illumination, one fine day; riding the waves :)29/03/2017 #36 Ali Anani#34 Your comment is shockingly tre dear @Fatima Salama. As you wrote "As for the ants and us - I don't think we can compare ourselves to them. They are so noble. Humans are less able to be like that and this buzz throws more light of thoughts on the message of my buzz " One day at a time". We have seen ants working together to move a rubber tree. Individually they are weak; in working together they can move the unthinkable. I wonder my dear friend @🐝 Fatima G. Williams why we fail to understand such visual and striking examples of collaboration and what it can do for the sake of us all. Your comment reflects the sad reality.29/03/2017 #35 Ali Anani#33 Absolutely an absorbing and refreshing comment yours s dear @Praveen Raj Gullepalli. Sand grains don't speak, but they self-organize? Is it because of their varying shapes or weight? That they make organized and stratified repeating ripples is amusing to the mind. Hence, your writing " there does seem to be a code or program in everything and to everything. We think we know till we face such questions to realize how little we know.
- Producer29/03/2017Keep GoingIn this night you sink,You wait for an answer,Which will not come any more.How far are you gonna take This strange carousel, You turn around aimlessly.Love is a spell, Created by mortals,Don't forget, You are alive.And It is time to shine.MUSIC :...
- ProducerTRY iT ! beBee Fun Tricks - Five minutes presentation after the elevator pitch!Stephane Metral Metral IOT InnovatorVice-president | Software Co-author | 5500+ network | Human Capital Cloud based Solutions | Advisory Boards On-Demand | BeBee Brand Ambassador5 minutes doesn’t seem like a long time in which to give a...
Comments29/03/2017 #29 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand Ambassador#28 @Jared Wiese, 🐝 adding VALUE & RESULTS everything has a purpose. At Engineeo Global Ventures we run around 700 types of technologies that are mostly automating human tasks, flirting with AI....Glad you were inspired By the Data Mine post free google ad on. There are so many serious tricks that you might not STILL aware of, some free some on paid subscriptions.29/03/2017 #28 Jared Wiese, 🐝 adding VALUE & RESULTS#25 Thanks, @stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand Ambassador! I actually had my first podcast this week if you are into Business Analysis work: http://masteringbusinessanalysis.com/mba117-getting-requirements-right/
You may have just saved me a ton of work with your other post! Thank you. Trying it now...29/03/2017 #25 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand Ambassador@Jared Wiese, 🐝 adding VALUE & RESULTS i love your post! Now i think you should make podcasts! here is another one you might like when building a stretagy to reach out specific segments of a global market audience: https://www.bebee.com/producer/@stephan-metral/try-it-bebee-serious-tricks-extract-data if you like it well sha hives, waiting tee L 🐝 Cardwma@Anne Thornley-Browntee L 🐝 Cardwma@vicky Wu Cardwma@Eliseo Casamichana29/03/2017 #24 Jared Wiese, 🐝 adding VALUE & RESULTSBrilliant article, @stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand Ambassador.
If I may, to add to your 'rule of three' point:
https://www.bebee.com/producer/@jaredwiese/the-power-of-threes-for-results28/03/2017 #18 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand Ambassador#16 @Paul "Pablo" Croubalian Yes you are absolutely right and it was meant on purpose. If proos and experts have a format for banners and ads, if TV commercials have a 7-30 secs formats for their blitz, it is for a reason. Now Video tutorials that are over the autoplay formats of most social media broadcast (like twitter)...it won't be effective nor watched. I will make a Post on the subject matter all along with mytweekpack promotion if you agree with that. And please share it around when it will pop up !!! @🐝 Fatima G. Williams i rely on you to wake the other Brand ambassadors on this too. I cant produce and spread the word in the same time, we all need to cross-relay each other to move the things forward.28/03/2017 #17 🎭Seth Degyansky♻Thanks so much for this. In addition to the notes on presenting, I'll be sharing with my middle & high school students the Prezi pitch; for five years or so, I've incentivized in my lesson plans students' switching from PowerPoint to Prezi. THX!!! again for helping turn students (lifelong...) into awesome-nauts!!!
🔬🔋📐🎨📊28/03/2017 #16 Paul "Pablo" CroubalianGreat tips. Can I add something? We all know Twitter's infatuation with the number 140. If your video is under 140 seconds (2minutes, 20 seconds) it will autoplay in a tweet.
Example: https://twitter.com/MyTweetPack/status/846694549380567040 View moreGreat tips. Can I add something? We all know Twitter's infatuation with the number 140. If your video is under 140 seconds (2minutes, 20 seconds) it will autoplay in a tweet.
Tip: If it's one millisecond longer than 140 seconds, or if Twitter decides it is, it won't autoplay. Keep it at 139 seconds max for safety. Close
- Producer26/03/2017Get to the PointI prove here how difficult it is for people to get to the point even when they are showing us or teaching us how to GET TO THE POINT. If we get to the point then what follows is of no consequence because we already know. Yet surely we do not be...
Comments27/03/2017 #3 CityVP 🐝 Manjit#1 ADDENDUM: This is a 30 minute interview with Richard Branson. To earn the interview, the video podcaster was taken to Branson's island by boat, but he had to swim from the boat to the Island ! The net insight here is that even if I tried an elevator pitch to get Branson's attention, nothing is guaranteed unless Branson himself is paying attention.
The great question in the interview was "how far is too far?" to which Branson replied you have to protect the downside, which is true to form of entrepreneurs like him - to take risks but with conservative measures of survival. After I heard all this - the actual value of "get to the point" is underscoring a master-servant relationship - or at least a one shot Eminem moment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yhyp-_hX2s27/03/2017 #2 CityVP 🐝 Manjit#1 Notice whose idea it was and who is under pressure to get to the point - the point being NOT Richard Branson. We are a society that is enamoured by superheroes like Richard Branson, but here we overlook his actual superpower, which is "entrepreneurial ADHD" ( a good thing! ) as this Entrepreneur article points out https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/252231
Along with his dyslexia that he talks about in interviews that he credits made him drop out of school, I think "Get to the Point" with Richard Branson is actually a one-sided proposition - for we are the one's who need to get his attention (thus the elevator pitch) in order to communicate with him, but he has no obligation to reciprocate with us, but what I can guarantee is that if you and I were to get to the point with Richard Branson, his next thought would be a new idea - "Gosh, that has given me another idea !" By the time the elevator ride is over he would be leaving with a new idea in his head, but not the one we pitched him - and we would be kicking ourselves for "Wasting 30 seconds !" The irony of an actual elevator pitch with Richard Branson is divine !
At that point when Branson's ADHD mind is unleashed, the whole elevator lark is a part of his non-stop enjoyment of life, that is the whole point of him having his own Island. Personally, I decided a long time ago that my personal island is my own home and I never had the imagination to go beyond my own front door. In some ways you @Dean Owen have a greater affinity with Richard Branson when it comes to love of travel and new experiences, but I am more like him in the way we free associate :-)
- 28/03/2017Gender in the Global Research Landscapewww.mendeley.com Created by: Holly Falk-Krzesinski, Description: A diverse set of references and resources related to gender in the global research landscape. Recognizing that critical issues related to gender in research--such as equality, disparity, and bias--must...