- 25/09/2017"Kroger has always had a commitment to supporting small-business owners and local vendors," said Mike Donnelly, Kroger's executive vice president of merchandising and procurement. "Our business has a track record of successfully blending centralized and decentralized decision making to promote local products while also enjoying economies of scale. Since Kroger's day one, we have had a longstanding, 365-day-a-year commitment to support and source from local farmers, ranchers, food producers, wineries, breweries and product makers. There are tastes and products that are unique to every region."
Kroger recognizes the importance of carrying local and regional brands that are meaningful to the nearly nine million customers served in its family of stores daily. Kroger sources from thousands of local suppliers today.
Kroger's team of buyers continuously look for opportunities to purchase regionally that allow the company to expand its product portfolio for customers, stimulate the local economy and enhance product freshness. Sourcing locally also supports the company's sustainability commitments, including Kroger's Zero Hunger | Zero Waste initiative launched last week.
"Kroger has led the way for over a decade in making local, natural and organic products more affordable and accessible to America — especially for shoppers on a budget," said Donnelly. "We've always believed that our customers shouldn't have to pay higher prices just because a product is local, natural or organic. There are a lot of headlines about making local, natural and organic foods more affordable. The truth is, we've always been affordable. That's why we developed our Simple Truth brand, which today is the biggest natural and organic brand in the country by volume."
- Producer17/09/2017Refrigerated Food Warehouse Trends in USA for 2018 by Bill Stankiewicz, Savannah Supply Chain Guy, portfreshlogistics.comTechnavio has published a new report on the refrigerated warehousing market in North America from 2017-2021. With details shared here from Business Wire in this & the second paragraph. In 2016 the value of meat, fish, & seafood was at...
- 21/08/2017Food Processing: Expansion Outpacing Consolidationsbusinessfacilities.com Compliance with the Food Safety Modernization Act, controlling costs and workforce training are among the food processing industry's top...
- 21/08/2017COOL, GREAT NEWS FOR CONSUMERSWalmart built a giant tower that acts like a vending machine for online orderswww.businessinsider.com Walmart has built a giant tower inside one of its stores that acts as a vending machine for online...
- 17/08/2017Busy day at Newark Ports today. From sunup to sundown bigger 🚢 ships calling here . Bill Stankiewicz
- Producer14/08/2017Connecting with another human spiritIt was a hot, muggy day. Temperatures had been in the mid 90s (30s Celcius) for days and any rain that fell created clouds of steam on the pavement of the parking lot. I was thankful to be driving a new car with a fully functioning air conditioner....
Comments17/08/2017 #31 Pamela 🐝 Williams#28 #29 Thank you Shelley and Laura for your kind and heartfelt comments. As I wrote this I thought to myself; I don't want those who read this to think I was 'bragging', saying; 'see what a good person I am". I wanted it to be about all that we take for granted but mostly about him and humanity's tendency for quick assumptions that all those we see on the streets "have only themselves to blame, they need to get a job, their all druggies, etc..." Sometimes they're making the best of their situation and whatever led to their being on the street. That is truly what I saw in this young man. He had a gentle spirit and he had pride. He didn't like asking for help, that was obvious. I just hope he viewed my gesture as nothing more than concern for a fellow human being. I wanted him to witness and receive kindness because through the kindness of others hope is born.16/08/2017 #29 Laura MikolaitisAmazing story, @Pamela 🐝 Williams. Touching and heartfelt. Your story demonstrates the value of kindness and how a simple gesture can be the greatest of gifts to any one person. Human connection is powerful, isn't it? And when we least expect it, it sometimes seeks us out unknowingly. Instinct led you to that place and I suspect that man will be forever grateful for your exchange. We need more kindness in our world as it opens the door to hope. Thank you for sharing this story. I agree with @Shelley Brown, it is breathtaking.15/08/2017 #28 Shelley BrownPam, breathtaking story. I truly hung on your every word. You gave someone the gift of hope! It doesn't matter what he does with the money or whatever caused him to be in that situation. Your extended grace. You connected with a human being in need of connection and you needed it then too. Thank you so much for being present. I truly loved your automatically turning from your own comfort to recognize something so vital and life giving to you both.15/08/2017 #27 Deb 🐝 HelfrichI think these direct interactions where we show respect to someone by vulnerably trying to help them in the only way we can, by putting ourselves in their situation and giving as we'd like to receive - is the way to address even the overwhelming hate that is crushing our spirit. Human kindness ripples strongly. Thanks for doing and sharing, @Pamela 🐝 Williams, and for offering a way to counter the feelings of sadness we are all dealing with this week.15/08/2017 #21 Pamela 🐝 Williams#1 You know Aleta, I wondered that myself and I truly believe he was heading somewhere and walking there was his only option. I want to think he trusted in human nature enough to believe that his basic needs would be met. I hope I helped maintain that trust and that he arrived at his destination safely. It's what I'm going to choose to believe.15/08/2017 #19 Pamela 🐝 Williams#5 I think the reason I wanted to share it was because of these hate filled times we are traveling through, but I know this; humanity will wake up and we'll come through this evil just like we have many times through the centuries. Have a safe and happy journey my friend!15/08/2017 #18 Pamela 🐝 Williams#4 Exactly Ken. He thought we'd forget him, just move on with our lives. What I said to him was this: "You're right, we'll move on, because we'll have to, But we've always been a pie made up of seven slices, and if we lose you we'll never be whole again".
We lost him just a few months later. I didn't realize how right I was. He makes his presence known every once in a while, and it makes me smile to see him in a kindred spirit.15/08/2017 #17 Pamela 🐝 Williams#6 I shared the story of my brother's funeral on a @Shelley Brown's post, so I won't share it now. Suffice it to say that it was an eclectic crowd of college professors and his street friends whom he loved and cared for. They were all human to him and any time I can help lift up the spirit of someone I feel like I'm honoring his life.15/08/2017 #14 Pamela 🐝 Williams#10 Thank you Lisa, I'm glad sharing my story moved you. I'll admit I didn't know what to expect. My 'soft-heart' ways have more often than not been met with sneers or being told I was a 'sucker'. That's okay though, I'll just tattoo it on my forehead and keep being a sucker. The rewards to the heart and spirit so outweigh everything else.
- Here is the story about the robuts, some showing up too in Georgia smaller facilities.The robots are coming, this time to rural Wisconsinwww.washingtonpost.com How a couple of robots came to be the newest hires at a Wisconsin factory in search of reliable...
- We love beBee.com & Fresh Produce !!!COLD LOGISTICS UPDATES FROM BILL STANKIEWICZ ON PRODUCE TRENDS, IMPORTS & EXPORTSwww.linkedin.com What a great week it has been with many visitors in town this week. We had a great barbecue today with folks from the Midwest & tours we gave...
- 06/08/2017How to Use beBee for Personal Branding with John White | Chris Spurvey **TURN ON CLOSED CAPTIONS** beBee is an up and coming social media platform that allows you to network based on your personal and business interests....
Comments07/08/2017 #10 Bill Stankiewicz, 🐝 Brand AmbassadorUn gran poste que puede tener que ser compartido en cualquier lengua. Disfruté de la gente ligan con ello aquí. Grandes abejas aquí, siga telefoneando * si puedo ayudarle de algún modo a llamarme en 1-404-750-3200, o el correo electrónico: email@example.com.. ¡¡Estoy una pequeña abeja rodeada por muchas abejas talentosas aquí!!! BILL STANKIEWICZ, www.savannahsupplychain.com06/08/2017 #1 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.there is something interesting on TV, let us watch my beBeeTV!
- 05/08/2017? SUPPLY CHAIN NEWS ?Vegetable Growers News - August 2017digital.vegetablegrowersnews.com