- 19/03/2017GEORGIA GROWING. Need big items moved? Over Size or Out of Gauge FREIGHT. NEED A WAREHOUSE IN GEORGIA ? CALL BILL STANKIEWICZ
- 19/03/2017need big items moved? Over Size or Out of Gauge FREIGHT. NEED A WAREHOUSE IN GEORGIA ? CALL BILL STANKIEWICZ
- 800,000 people coming to Savannah this Friday.St. Patrick’s Day | Chatham Area Transit (CAT)www.catchacat.org
- ProducerMORE CHICKS IN GEORGIA, Aviagen, a breeding company setting up shop. By BILL STANKIEWICZ, SAVANAH SUPPLY CHAIN GUY, PHONE: 1.404.750.3200Gov. Nathan Deal today announced that Aviagen, a leading broiler breeding company, will create 100 jobs and invest approximately $18 million in a new parent stock hatchery in Quitman.“The poultry industry has been one of Georgia’s top economic...
- SHIPPING NEWS SHARED BY BILL STANKIEWICZ::Somali Pirates Hijack First Commercial Ship Since 2012 – gCaptaingcaptain.com By Katharine Houreld NAIROBI, March 14 (Reuters) – Pirates have hijacked an oil tanker with eight Sri Lankan crew on board, Somali authorities said on Tuesday, the first time a commercial ship has been seized in the region since 2012. Security...
- 14/03/2017SUPPLY CHAIN NEWS:::Iran's Biggest Cargo Line IRISL Looks at London IPO; Thwarted So Far -Sources – gCaptaingcaptain.com By Jonathan Saul and Parisa Hafezi LONDON/ANKARA, March 13 (Reuters) – Iran’s top cargo shipping company has held meetings in London to discuss a possible listing on the London Stock Exchange, but has so far been thwarted by U.S. sanctions that...
- Producer10/03/2017NEED FOOD GRADE OR TEMP CONTROL WAREHOUSE IN SAVANNAH? CALL BILL STANKIEWICZ @ 1.404.750.3200, email: email@example.com , here to help 24 x 7 Georgia warehousing boom continues with Food Logistics companies & non-food new builds leading the way with another 6.7 million square feet under development. I have received another 5 calls just today asking about whether Charleston vs Savannah...
- Producer10/03/2017ALL BEE's INVITED: How Cyber Attacks are being Minimized with New Technology, shared by Bill Stankiewicz, Savannah Supply Chain Executive, firstname.lastname@example.org, PH: 1.404.750.3200Bee Team:I wanted to share this event too with everyone here as a FYI. Free event, you just need to register. A talented IT CIO, Teddy Hickox shared the information with me.How Cyber Attacks are being Minimized with New TechnologyJoin the...
- Producer27/02/2017SAVANNAH GROWTH CONTINUES, by BILL STANKIEWICZ, email: email@example.comATLANTA & SAVANNAH — Georgia’s economy keeps chugging along even as problems overseas make global headlines, according to an economic report issued Wednesday.For Savannah, that means a 2.5 increase in jobs compared to a 2.3 percent growth rate...
- Producer24/02/2017GEORGIA GROWING WITH NEW BUSINESS by BILL STANKIEWICZ, SUPPLY CHAIN EXECUTIVEHere is a general over view of some large companies coming to Georgia below. There are another 15-20 new Savannah companies that will be starting up operations too but because of NDA's I cannot mention right now. But if you need a warehouse for...
- NEW SHIPS DELIVERED 2017 shared by BILL STANKIEWICZ:First Philippines-Built VLCC Delivered – gCaptaingcaptain.com US-based crude oil shipping company Gener8 Maritime has taken delivery of the VLCC Gener8 Hector from Hanjin Heavy Industries and Construction’s Subic Shipyard in the Philippines. The vessel marks the first Very Large Crude Carrier ever constructed...
Comments23/02/2017 #1 Bill Stankiewicz, 🐝 Brand Ambassador“We are very pleased to welcome the New Year with the successful delivery of this state-of-the-art vessel to one of our valued clients overseas. This vessel gives us enormous pride as it is the very first Philippine-made VLCC; hence, another record-setting milestone for the Philippine shipbuilding industry,” said HHIC-Philippines President Chung Gwang-Suk.
“While the global shipbuilding market has experienced rough sailing over the past few years, HHIC-Phils., Inc. has taken exception as it continued to maintain its foothold in the international front, capitalizing on our technological advancements and highly skilled workforce to produce cost-efficient and most modern commercial vessels that range from bulk carrier to container ship, crude oil tanker and liquefied petroleum gas carrier,” Chung added.
For Gener8 Maritime the Gener8 Hector is the nineteenth of 21 “eco” VLCCs to be delivered into the company’s fleet. Upon delivery the vessel entered Navig8 Group’s VL8 Pool. The vessel measures 333 meters in length and is 297,363 dwt.
Gener8 Maritime was formed in 2015 following the merger of General Maritime Corporation and Navig8 Crude Tankers. As if January 12, 2017 the company’s fleet consisted of 42 wholly-owned vessels comprised of 26 VLCCs, including 2 newbuildings, 10 Suezmaxes, four Aframaxes, and two Panamax tankers.
- SHIPPING NEWS REPORTS ON ACCIDENT 2017:Rena Grounding Final Report Reveals Errors, Lack of Oversight – gCaptaingcaptain.com New Zealand's Transport Accident Investigation Commission has just released its Final Report into the causes and circumstances of the 2011...
Comments23/02/2017 #1 Bill Stankiewicz, 🐝 Brand AmbassadorNew Zealand’s Transport Accident Investigation Commission on Thursday published its long-awaited final report into the October 2011 incident, in which the MV Rena ran aground in the Bay of Plenty during a voyage from Napier to port of Tauranga. The ship hit the Astrolabe Reef at near full speed during the early morning hours of October 5, where it remained stuck and slowly broke up over the ensuing months. About 200 tonnes of heavy fuel oil were spilled in the accident, as well as a substantial amount of cargo containers were lost overboard.
According to the final report, the second mate decided to deviate from the planned course- under the master’s authorization to watchkeepers to avoid known unfavorable currents and shorten the distance to the destination – in order to make an October 5, 0300 meeting with a pilot boat from Tauranga, a deadline that was dictated by the port’s tidal currents.
The course adjustment included reducing the ship’s planned passage from two nautical miles north of Astrolabe Reef to just one mile in order to save time. The report found that the second mate, in order to make the shortcut, “made a series of small course adjustments towards Astrolabe Reef” and, in doing so, he altered the course 5 degrees past the 260-degree required track. The report said that adjusted course, however, did not make an allowance for any compass error or sideways “drift”, and as a result the Rena was headed straight for Astrolabe Reef.
- SHIPPING NEWS:Bulk Carrier Touches Bottom Twice on Columbia River – gCaptaingcaptain.com The U.S. Coast Guard responded over the weekend to a Chinese bulk carrier which had ran aground twice in the Columbia River near Skamokawa, Washington. The Coast Guard reported that the 751-foot, Hong Kong-flagged MV Rosco Palm ran aground at 7:49...
Comments23/02/2017 #3 Bill Stankiewicz, 🐝 Brand AmbassadorThe MV Rena struck the Astrolabe Reef at 0214 while traveling at a speed of 17 knots.
The Transport Accident Investigation Commission report concluded that the Rena grounding was not in any way attributable to the malfunction of any on-board machinery or equipment, including on-board navigational equipment, but rather the grounding was solely the result of human error, confirming what we had suspected already and what was expressed in an interim report released by the Commission in March 2012.
Both the master second mate were previously sentenced to seven months in prison after being found guilty of 11 total charges stemming from the disaster, which included operating a vessel in a manner causing unnecessary danger or risk, discharging harmful substances from ships, and willfully attempting to alter the course of justice by altering ship’s documents after the grounding.
Clean-up at the wreck site on Astrolabe Reef continues to this day, although it is likely that remaining debris from the former MV Rena will be abandoned on the reef.23/02/2017 #1 Bill Stankiewicz, 🐝 Brand AmbassadorThe Coast Guard reported that the 751-foot, Hong Kong-flagged MV Rosco Palm ran aground at 7:49 p.m. on Friday night, refloated, and then grounded a second time after being moved to a safe position a few miles upstream. The second incident occurred as the vessel was at anchor while awaiting an assessment at first light Saturday morning.
The vessel was refloated with the tide at 7:40 am Saturday. The Coast Guard said there was no indication of pollution being discharged. Later Saturday morning the vessel was moved to an anchorage with pilot and tug assist.
“We are fully engaged with our port partners to ensure we are responding to this event with the appropriate resources needed to minimize potential negative impacts to both natural resources and commerce” said Lt. Cmdr. Karen Denny, inspections division chief, Marine Safety Unit Portland. “We will continue to monitor the situation and respond as necessary with our partners from the Washington and Oregon along with local response teams.”
A Columbia River Pilot was aboard the vessel on Saturday and tugs were assisting the vessel transit upstream to verify the integrity of the hull and propulsion system.
The cause of the grounding is unknown at this time and will be investigated.
- SHIPPING WORLD NEWS:WATCH: Fishing Vessel Battles Chetco River Bar (Nearly Loses) – gCaptaingcaptain.com Check out this amazing video posted to facebook showing an inbound fishing vessel crossing the Chetco River (Brooking) bar near Brooking, Oregon. The footage is grainy but if you watch and listen closely it’s easy to see what’s happening. According...
Comments23/02/2017 #3 Bill Stankiewicz, 🐝 Brand AmbassadorHi Chas: I did a project there in Oregon for the Grand Ronde Indian Tribe in 2000, great area . The Confederated Tribes of the Grand Ronde Community of Oregon (CTGR) consists of twenty-seven Native American tribes with long historical ties to present-day western Oregon between the western boundary of the Oregon Coast and the eastern boundary of the Cascade Range, and the northern boundary of southwestern Washington and the southern boundary of northern California. The community has an 11,288-acre (46 km2) Indian reservation, the Grand Ronde Indian Reservation, which was established in 1855 in Yamhill and Polk counties. Oregon! Great area to gamble in the Casinos run by the Grand Ronde, back in year 2000 they employed over 1000 people.23/02/2017 #2 Chas ✌️ Wyatt#1 Of course I am familiar with the Chetco River and Brookings, Oregon, so I found it to be relevant to me. Sometimes I have pondered moving to the area, as it is sort of the 'banana belt' of Oregon with mild temperatures during the winter months and I find that part of the Oregon coastline to be the most striking including the 'Oregon Islands National Wildlife Refuge'.
- SHIPPING NEWS WITH NORWAY:::Stricken Barge Carrier in Danger of Grounding Off Norway – gCaptaingcaptain.com Crews in Norway are trying to prevent a 263-meter barge carrier from going aground after the ship apparently dragged anchor and drifted dangerously close to shore in heavy weather. The vessel is the Comoros-flagged Tide Carrier. According to reports...
- SHIPPING NEWS UPDATES:Seven Crew Rescued After Cargo Ship 'Fluvius Tamar' Sinks in North Sea – gCaptaingcaptain.com The UK Coastguard coordinated an extensive search and rescue effort overnight after a 90-meter cargo ship sank in the North Sea approximately 35 nautical miles northeast of Ramsgate, England. All seven crew members were rescued safely after...
Comments22/02/2017 #1 Bill Stankiewicz, 🐝 Brand AmbassadorThe UK Coastguard coordinated an extensive search and rescue effort overnight after a 90-meter cargo ship sank in the North Sea approximately 35 nautical miles northeast of Ramsgate, England.
All seven crew members were rescued safely after abandoning ship in the dark.
France’s Préfet Maritime reported that the Barbados-flagged M/V Fluvius Tamar sank at about 1 a.m. in British waters north of Dunkirk. The vessel lies at a depth of about 40 meters.
Steve Carson, UK Coastguard Duty Commander, provided some more details on the incident: “Following a MAYDAY broadcast from the sinking vessel, we sent multiple assets to the scene to rescue the crew who abandoned ship. The weather on scene has been challenging but we are pleased to report that all the crew have been rescued and are on their way to hospital.”
The ship was carrying 3,800 tonnes of Magnesium oxide and 80 cubic meters of diesel fuel, the Préfet Maritime reported.
A reconnaissance flight early Saturday morning observed no pollution.
According to AIS data the vessel was sailing from the Netherlands to Spain.
The Coastguard said search and rescue helicopters from Lydd and Lee-on-Solent, a RNLI all-weather lifeboat from Ramsgate, a Dutch search and rescue helicopter, and multiple merchant vessels assisted in the search and rescue effort.
- SUPPLY CHAIN NEWS SHARED BY BILL STANKIEWICZ:Alphaliner: 100+ Panamax Containerships Must be Scrapped to Reach Break-Even Levels – gCaptaingcaptain.com By Gavin van Marle (The Loadstar) – At least 100 panamax-class containerships need to be scrapped if owners are to see charter rates return to break-even levels, shipping analyst Alphaliner said today. More than any other class of container vessel,...
Comments22/02/2017 #1 Bill Stankiewicz, 🐝 Brand AmbassadorMeanwhile, the total number of panamax vessels is 563 – with 68 of them in lay-up.
“Up to one hundred more panamax ships will need to be scrapped before the segment can regain its footing again,” said Alphaliner. “Ultra-low charter rates, currently at subopex [below operating expenses] levels, have failed to revive demand for ships in this sector.”
The problem is that demand has been hit with the new Panama Canal now allowing vessels of up to 12,000 teu to pass its locks. This has meant much larger vessels have been cascaded from other trades, inturn subject to the introduction of increasingly larger vessels.
According to Alphaliner, there were 221 classic panamax vessels on services transiting the canal in June 2016, shortly before the new locks were opened. That number has now fallen to just 88.
In contrast, there are now 87 vessels of 5,000-12,000 teu deployed on Panama Canal services, barely six months since the new locks were opened to commercial traffic.
While the crisis hitting the sector has forced some cash-pressed owners to scrap increasingly younger ships, Alpahiner suggests that the industry as a whole should be looking to scrap older vessels, with owners using the funds raised to reinvest in cheaper, more modern tonnage, or liner operators chartering them at the current rock-bottom rates.
“With modern handy panamax ships of the 4,200 teu-class, aged between seven and 10 years, now negotiated at prices comparable with the levels obtained by 20-year-old vessels sold for breaking, owners can scrap their older tonnage for around $6m and re-invest into a younger ship that burns less fuel and has lower maintenance costs,”
- SUPPLY CHAIN NEWS, MORE JOBS OPEN IN SAVANNAH:WAREHOUSEMEN GENERALport-fresh-logistics.prismhr-hire.com We're looking for a great WAREHOUSEMEN GENERAL to join our team at Port Fresh...
- 21/02/2017SHIPPING NEWS TODAY shared by BILL STANKIEWICZ:Incident Video: Brand New Luxury Cruise Ship Breaks Moorings, Crashes Into Vessel in New Zealand – gCaptaingcaptain.com Another incident video to show you today after the luxury cruise ship Seabourn Encore apparently broke its moorings in high winds and collided with another vessel at New Zealand’s port of Timaru on Sunday. The ship, which was only delivered last...
Comments21/02/2017 #3 Bill Stankiewicz, 🐝 Brand Ambassador@Gordon Pye, ask some of the Bees in a realestate hive, maybe Bee Techs such as: Soluzioni Hi-Tech - Ricerca e Sviluppo ed Innovazione (in Italian) , also check out hive: International realestate refferals , ask Javier & Juan too is my suggestion.21/02/2017 #2 Gordon Pye#1 Can anyone give me advice about how to market an App which can vanish all your expensive Stock Market Parasite inflicted virtual reality crown of thorns you and your family are enslaved in purpertuety due to imperfect understanding of basic Physics. This app comes totally Trojan Horse free. for solvent bank account operators you may experience a slight haircut. and I strongly adviise that aforementioned APP is adobted without delay, as want and ignorance may soon lead to a fully shaven head pollished every morning with Voltorol at your own expenxxws ( trade name may vary to confuse real information sites ).
Those renting property will be rewarded with a cut in housing costs of at least a half, plus a reduction in the cost of staying warm and having a full belly, in the form of what some call a Citizens Income, Basic just the same. Everyone will be expected to get up and do some work everyday for wha's generally accepted as a decent standard of living, but genuine disabled people will be accepted, likewise those seeking asylum from corporate or any other kind of repression or threats of violence of any king against the person.
Its entirely up to you, and Donald Trump has already taken the padlock and the hasp is hanging lose on Pandora's Box so dou you still want the keep taking Wall Street Fool Gold ?
- 20/02/2017SUPPLY CHAIN NEWS UPDATES FROM BILL STANKIEWICZ:South Korea Court Declares Hanjin Shipping Bankrupt – gCaptaingcaptain.com SEOUL, Feb 17 (Reuters) – A South Korean court declared Hanjin Shipping Co Ltd bankrupt on Friday, after ruling earlier this month that the firm’s liquidation value would be worth more than its value as a going concern. Hanjin Shipping, which had...
Comments20/02/2017 #1 Bill Stankiewicz, 🐝 Brand AmbassadorHanjin Shipping, which had been the world’s seventh-largest container shipper, applied for court receivership in late August after its creditor banks halted further support.
The Seoul Central District Court said in a statement it has chosen a bankruptcy administrator, and claims by creditors are due by May 1, 2017. The first meeting of creditors will be held on June 1, 2017.
“The court will, through the bankruptcy process, make efforts so the maximum of debt repayment will be conducted in a way that is fair and balanced to the creditors,” it said.
The court on Feb. 2 said it had decided to end the receivership process in favour of a bankruptcy.
- 18/02/2017Georgia Ports Authority Port of Savannah Garden City Terminal Reeferwww.gaports.com Georgia Ports...
- 18/02/2017Savannah ready for additional business with warehouses, transport providers & great talent. Supply Chain meetings this weekend with companies visiting from out of state.
Comments18/02/2017 #1 Bill Stankiewicz, 🐝 Brand AmbassadorANNOUNCEMENT COMES ON THE HEELS OF THREE CONSECUTIVE MONTHS OF RECORD GROWTH
The Georgia Ports Authority announced the sale of 500 acres of property for commercial development to accommodate growing customer demand for warehousing, distribution and transload facilities near the Port of Savannah.
The new development, located on five parcels of land at GPA's Savannah River International Trade Park, is less than five miles from the Garden City Container Terminal and can accommodate up to 5 million square feet of logistics space.