- 21/11/2016Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Wedgeswww.whereismyspoon.co Perfectly roasted pumpkin: an easy, spicy and versatile recipe, you can enjoy this as a vegetarian meal with yogurt dip for instance or as a side dish for meat, poultry or...
- Producer06/11/2016Gazpacho - a spanish potion :)Ingredients: Tomato, pepper, cucumber, onion, extra virgin olive oil 5%, wine vinegar, salt, garlic, lemon juice. Vegetable content: 93%.Gazpacho is a soup made of raw vegetables and served cold, originating in the southern Spanish region of...
Comments08/11/2016 #39 Ken BoddieShiraz is a red grape and the wine is perhaps the most popular 'red' made and drink here in Oz, Lisa. I understand, however, that the antioxidant benefits of drinking red wine (due to the great quantities required for effect) are outweighed by the inevitable liver damage, although I could be wrong. Cheers 🍷07/11/2016 #37 Lisa Gallagher#29 your funny @Ken Boddie, grow old 'disgracefully,' I sort of want to grow old gracefully then I heard a voice in my head say, "What 'chu" talkin bout Lisa!" PS: I think Shiraz does have antioxidant properties... maybe slows aging, so they say. That's a darker, red wine right?07/11/2016 #33 Ben PintoThank you Javier. Perhaps it is important for me to note that my father's family ancestry comes from the center of Spain, also known as Pinto. Your map somewhat shows the areas that my family used to migrate to Morocco. After fleeing Isabella and Ferdinand, they moved to Portugal only to later find that the King was to marry the aforementioned couple's daughter. Well what's good for Mommy-in-law dearest is good for Portugal, namely the Inquisition. Travels to Spain today allow one a look at that period, through the many tunneling systems that were developed as points of escape; simple proof that building walls does not stop the motivated. Fleeing from Portugal to the beaches of Andalusia and what is the rock of Gibraltar and by boat to Spanish Morocco, Tangier, completed the bulk of the migration.
More on all of this another time...07/11/2016 #32 Melissa BitzGotta love that Gazpacho although I´m in Asturias and summers aren´t so darn hot as down south! I do like a brand (can´t remember the name) of one they sell in a plastic bottle in Carrefour in the produce section, very fresh, almost homemade taste! Yes and lots of health benefits too. It´s a nice break from the heavier, "stick-to-your-ribs" style of food in the north Cantabrian region, which includes a lot of legumes, greens, potatoes, pork sausages and the like.
- 23/09/2016Browning the meat in the pan first adds roasted chicken flavor to the pilaf in this #recipe for Braised Chicken Thighs with Wild Rice Pilaf. http://ow.ly/mvbH304j2p9
- Producer20/09/20165 Reasons You Should Go OrganicA lot of people like to talk about how much better organic food is, but often without specifying exactly what it is that is so superior to “normal” mass produced or processed food. This can make it difficult for someone to know why organic food is...
- 27/07/2016When classic pico de gallo meets fresh peach, it turns into a refreshing summer snack that you won't get enough of.Peach Pico De Gallo - DelishPlanwww.delishplan.com When classic pico de gallo meets fresh peach, the whole thing turns into a refreshing summer appetizer that you won't get enough...
- Producer26/07/2016Kefir Lemonade is Summer's Favorite Healthy BeverageKefir Lemonade is Summer's Favorite Healthy BeveragePeople typically love to drink liquid yogurt that's generally made with milk. The problem with drinking it during the summer is that the dairy makes it a bit too heavy. While some people like to...
- 29/06/2016Looking for a side dish to pair with your meat, seafood or chicken? We've got you covered with this 20-min Chipotle Roasted Vegetable Couscous. Super delish and easy. It can be made #vegan and #glutenfree as well if you substitute quinoa for the couscous. Watch the video and grab the full recipe #ontheblog. Happy cooking!Chipotle Roasted Vegetable Couscous - DelishPlanwww.delishplan.com Couscous cooked in chicken broth or vegetable broth with Chipotle adobo sauce and mixed together with roasted...
- Producer11/06/2016Shish Taouk with Everybody Garlic Sauce The EZ WayIn Turkish, “shish” means skewer or stick. “ Taouk ” means chicken. So, shish taouk means “Chicken on a stick.” Shish Touk sounds fancier.I don’t use skewers or sticks when I make it. If you prefer it skewered, knock yourself out. Either way...
Comments12/06/2016 #9 Paul "Pablo" Croubalian#7 Actually, @Pamela L. Williams, I made this often on my road to 60 pounds of weight loss. Sub out the oil for water, the yogurt (which I didn't mention should be plain) for the lo-cal version, double up the lemon, and stick to breasts. Low calorie and yummy. Forget about the garlic sauce, but you can sub low-calorie mayo and a sh!tload of garlic12/06/2016 #7 Pamela L. WilliamsThought! don't temp those fasting Chef Paul! It should be a commandment :-) but this does look good. Yesterday was 'scrounge' night, eating up leftovers before hitting the grocery today. I'm ready for a real meal...may have to try to talk my son-in-law to making this dish! #512/06/2016 #4 Dean OwenOh I could devour the plate in the picture right now. Is it me or do I get the feeling that they market Middle Eastern food in the U.S. as usually Turkish food, and not Lebanese, Iranian, Egyptian etc like in England for example. Either way, Iranian food & Lebanese food are my favourite. Your recipe for "Turkish yakitori" looks amazing Paul-sensei ! I would like a chili-sauce with that.11/06/2016 #2 Paul "Pablo" Croubalian#1 LOL, well, my wife saw me writing this post and said, "Great idea!" So she invited everyone for a bar-b-que. Side note re: deboning chicken thighs... I just deboned 18 in 33 minutes. It's pretty quick to do. We'll be eating at 8:30 GMT-4... think you can get here in time?
- 10/06/2016This low-fat, Braised Vegetables dish will add color and taste to your summer table. #recipe http://weightnomoredietcenter.com/siteimages/file/recipes/Adv--BraisedVegetables.pdf
- 09/06/2016Super easy Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade that you'll want to make all summer long, repeatedly! #lemonade #vegan #glutenfree #strawberrylemonade
Find the recipe here:Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade - DelishPlansumo.ly Super easy sparkling strawberry lemonade that you'll want to make all summer long,...
- 03/06/2016These will be the best Salmon Croquettes you'll ever make! ( . . . and the mayo sauce is delicious!) http://www.weightnomoredietcenter.com/siteimages/file/recipes/Adv--SalmonCroquettes .pdf
- 27/05/2016Looking for an easy treat to make with the kids this half term? Try my Caramel Krispie Bars!
- 24/05/2016This recipe replaces the usual potato topping with delicious frozen squash puree. And they're baked in individual ramekins to guarantee perfectly sized servings. http://bit.ly/RecipeSquashCottagePie
- 23/05/2016These avocado toasts are great sandwiches that are easy and quick to make in the morning!Avocado Toast with Bacon and Maple Syrup - DelishPlanwww.delishplan.com These avocado toast with bacon and maple syrup are great sandwiches that are easy and quick to make in the...
- 20/05/2016These Oven-Steamed Endives with Lemon and Parsley will taste braised, even though they’re not made with oil. (You can try this recipe with almost any vegetable.) Can be eaten warm or at room temperature. http://bit.ly/RecipeOvenEndives
- This #recipe for Strawberry Bruschetta is astoundingly good for minimal effort! http://www.weightnomoredietcenter.com/siteimages/file/recipes/Adv--StrawberryBruschetta_.pdf
- Savory Oatmeal and Soft-Cooked Egg not only makes a great start-of-the-day breakfast, but also a late afternoon pick-me-up. Also, you can try using chicken or veggie broth instead of water to give the oatmeal more flavor.
- These Crispy Zucchini Coins are easy to make and crispy, delicious and light! http://bit.ly/RecipeCrispyZucchiniCoins #recipe
Comments27/05/2016 #8 Lori Boxer#7 They really are delicious. Truthfully, zucchini is not one of my favorite vegetables, but I got in the habit of making these years ago because I wanted to bring new vegetables into the family repertoire so that my daughter would be 'forced' (so to speak) to try one new veggie at at time. She ended up really liking them, so of course I made them and eventually acquired more of a taste for zucchini.19/05/2016 #2 Lori Boxer#1 Of the thousands of recipes up at my business web site, this is one of our clients' favorites ESPECIALLY because it's a great one for kids. It's tough enough to get many young kids to try new veggies. But, the crispy on the outside and the soft texture on the inside, is always a hit with kids.
- 18/05/2016This Pineapple Tuna Quinoa Skillet is a tuna kabob inspired recipe that offers an amazing flavor, delightful colors, and high health points all in one skillet! The tuna is marinated in a savory cilantro ginger sauce, which is also used as the cooking liquid. Cooked pineapple releases a lovely sweet and sour flavor to infuse the entire dish. Marinate the tuna beforehand so that you can wrap up this delicious one pot meal in just 15 minutes! heart emoticon
Find the full written recipe here:Pineapple Tuna Quinoa Skillet - DelishPlanwww.delishplan.com This Pineapple Tuna Quinoa Skillet offers amazing flavor, delightful colors, and high health points all in one...
- 15/05/2016100% vegan and gluten free, these Roasted Spiced Walnuts are one of the easiest, tastiest, and most versatile things you can make at home. Recipe #ontheblog now. Hope you enjoy! heart emoticon
#vegan #glutenfree #foodblogger #foodphotography #roastedwalnutsRoasted Spiced Walnuts (Vegan & GF) - DelishPlanwww.delishplan.com 100% vegan and gluten free, these Roasted Spiced Walnuts are one of the easiest, tastiest, and most versatile things you can make at...
- 10/05/2016Perfectly baked Hasselback potatoes (aka sliced potatoes) with garlic pieces in between, brushed with infused butter, topped with cheddar, parmesan, and three freshly chopped herbs. Recipe #ontheblog now. It's gluten free and vegan-friendly!
#hasselbackpotatoes #bakedpotatoes #potatorecipes #glutenfree #veganfriendly #foodphotography #foodbloggerGarlic Herb Hasselback Potatoes - DelishPlanwww.delishplan.com Perfectly baked hasselback potatoes w/ garlic slices in between, brushed w/ infused butter, topped w/ cheddar, parmesan, and three freshly chopped...
- 05/05/2016Cold enough for ya? Maybe this chili oil recipe by will help to warm you up.How To Make Hot Chili Oil At Home - DelishPlanwww.delishplan.com This is a must-make hot chili oil if you are a spicy food lover. It only calls for two ingredients and you can make it in just a few minutes. Use it as an ingredient in your cooking or simply as a condiment to heat up your...
- 04/05/2016Simple and authentic Pico de Gallo Recipe #ontheblog now. This is a big batch that you can:
Enjoy it with tortilla chips (obviously).
Combine 1 cup of pico with mashed avocados for instant guacamole.
Chop one tomato and cook with 1 cup of pico on low heat until tender and blend for instant salsa.
Use it in tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and quesadillas, etc.
Use it for Mexican Pizza.
Pair it with fried eggs for a healthy breakfast or make omelettes with it.
Make Tex-Mex queso (cheese dip) with it.
Bake a layer of tortilla chips with cheese and throw it on top to make a simple nacho.
Add some pineapple or mango for a quick and delightful fruit salsa.
Recipe:Pico de Gallo Recipe - DelishPlansumo.ly Simple and authentic pico de gallo recipe that goes well with basically all Mexican...