- Producer04/12/2017The Perfect MealYou know you need a good balance of proteins, carbs, fats. But how do you turn that knowledge into healthy meals that taste delicious? Just mix and match these ingredients, flavor profiles, and cooking methods to create the perfect meal every time....
- Producer17/11/2017"Love Mussel"My hand plunges into the frigid ice water causing goosebumps to erupt over my arm; I grasp a handful of the precious mollusks and place them into the large bowl next to me. The glistening shells are deceptively heavy with the promise of...
Comments29/11/2017 #45 🐝 Fatima G. Williams#41 Me too @Ken Boddie I'm in love with mussels now. God I'm hungry.
@Randall Burns I love the way you cook and would love to eat what you have cooked and would love to cook what you cooked :) Alot of love going on here LOL
The below extract from the buzz is an epic closing to the entire experience.
What is a journey without a destination? What is a destination without a journey? I’m at the point of no return, the remnant of wine in my mouth has pushed me over the edge, and I surrender allowing my senses to fly free. I look into my full bowl and choose a plump, juicy mussel, shell overflowing with sauce, literally gushing; my eyes close involuntarily as my mouth opens to accept what my hand is bringing to it.
I just viewed your profile to add Alberta, Canada on the bucket list to try the chef's handmade food in person :)22/11/2017 #42 Lisa 🐝 Gallagher#36 I caught the same visual you did @Nicole Chardenet, I'm glad you said it first haha! Ah, you do dress down the food slowly @Randall Burns, which left me wanting to eat Mussels right now at 12:30 am. Going to bookmark this page since you were kind enough to leave the recipe!!21/11/2017 #41 Ken BoddieFrom ice to spice and go to whoa,
Our senses you entice,
This chef's 'bolero' starts real slow,
A seafood sacrifice.
But as the cooking pace picks up,
And taste buds are denied,
Our passions plead for dish to sup,
Until we're satisfied.
I swear, Randy, I'll never look at mussel lips the same way again. 😳21/11/2017 #39 Claire L Cardwell@Randall Burns - I haven't had my breakfast yet (running rather late this morning - even though I really did get up before I went to bed..) got some mealie pap porridge going (polenta/grits) - now I want Moules Beurre Rouge for breakfast. Nothing else (even Chocolate or Curry) will not do!19/11/2017 #36 Nicole ChardenetYes! Yes! YES! YES!! YES YES YES YES YES YES YES OH GOD IT'S SO GOOD!!!
I love cooked mussels. Can you tell? :)
Not a big fan of 'moules marinieres' but I do love them cooked :) BTW loved that last shot with the mussel and the fork. Not TOO suggestive, is it??? LOL19/11/2017 #35 Randall Burns#33 Oh and @Charlene Norman You have to thank @Jim Murray for me for his sage advice about,
"Write about what you know"
"Write for yourself, don't write for other people"
(actually I think it's his "I don't give a shit" attitude about what other people think that's wearing off on me. I like it!)19/11/2017 #34 Randall BurnsWell @Charlene Norman I think that's the best response I could've hoped for, Thank You so much. i must admit that the creative juices have been flowing for the past couple of days since writing this, I have several more articles/installments already almost finished in my head and a concept based on this post, and YES, as @Godfrey Hebert has suggested possibly a book, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Control, patience, (foreplay), romance, :-)
I will be sure to keep you posted. Thanks again. :-)19/11/2017 #33 Charlene NormanOMG ...... You have awakened a burning desire deep inside of me to experiment ...... never in my life have I wanted to dabble on the wild side. Mussels ..... I have such a longing to try thee now ... I hope this is just the first of many of your food porn editions. Hugely enjoyable!
- Producer04/09/2017How To Stay On A Healthy DietYour FAB 5 list of foods | End the feeling of deprivation.Photo by Brooke Lark on UnsplashI'd like to share with you my Fab 5 formula, help you identify the sugar roller coaster, and share with you some tips on how to be confident in your choices...
- Producer18/08/2017Doing the Shrimp Gumbo Mambo, Big Easy-styleIt's a blah day here in Montreal. It's cold, blustery, and wet. It would be a half-decent November 18th, but it's August 18th.August 18th has no business having this kind of weather.The dark weather darkened my mood. I'm in need of a pick-me-up. My...
Comments21/08/2017 #21 Paul "Pablo" CroubalianI updated this post to include a link to a Recipe Resizer function. It's behind a members-only wall, but membership is free. Please refer to the Update.
https://www.mytweetpack.com/members/food/resizer.php?id=d1f518c0c673c8cbc7257a88bf66e6db20/08/2017 #15 Pamela 🐝 Williamsthank you, thank you for the zucchini suggestion. The only okra I'll eat is fried and even then it has to be fried until the okra is unrecognizable, so what's the use? I love gumbo with the exception of that one ingredient but it seemed to be blasphemy to make it without, you know, considering it's original name means gumbo!19/08/2017 #14 Paul "Pablo" Croubalian#10 I live in a two-tiered household, @🐝 Fatima G. Williams. I love spicy, but not mind-blowing spicy. My wife can't eat spicy at all. Any normally spicy recipe gets prepared in a mild version here. Then I add my spicy stuff at service.
There's no reason to make multiple meals.19/08/2017 #11 Lisa 🐝 GallagherOh does this sound good @Paul "Pablo" Croubalian!! Book marking this. I can't believe how cold it was in Montreal yesterday. We haven't had a cold spell in weeks. I thought maybe you were getting similar weather to ours. It's been like the south here without the luxury of being near the Ocean. Thanks for sharing this recipe and I will try to send our weather your way ;-)
- Producer03/08/2017“Political Correctness” in a Professional KitchenWarning/Disclaimer; This article is NOT Politically Correct, (by today’s standards), there is very colorful language, off-color humor, and general teasing across a broad spectrum so if you’re a S.N.A.G., (Sensitive New Age Guy), a...
Comments07/08/2017 #35 Aaron 🐝 Skogen@Randall Burns, I'll come chop onions in your kitchen anytime. Word of warning though, if you ask me chop the all-purpose flour, I might respond with a volley from the salad shooter, and remind that other newb grunt that the fillet knife is the one with the 90 degree edge cut off at 45 degrees. . .06/08/2017 #34 Randall Burns#33 Actually @Ken Boddie the little bits aren't too bad but the big chunks are difficult and they're not just a "little bit hard" but very hard. I did actually make a real "Chocolate Moose" once, it was a chocolate sculpture for a Game buffet, I'll have to see if I can find pictures...05/08/2017 #29 Nicole ChardenetPolitically incorrect commentary, Part Deux...
One night after work we brought beer into the office and the boss told a hilarious story about his brother-in-law who would take ANY dare and once accepted a dare to stick his ding-dong in an electric fan (yes, it was on at the time :) ) Apparently it ended in a highly bruised wee-wee and a huge amount of laughter from the staff. (Said BIL showed up a few months later and everyone went, "Hey, we know who you are! You're the guy who stuck his dick in a fan!" He was ready to kill our boss. :)
Oh yeah, the guys always got me to sing happy birthday to them in a Marilyn Monroe voice (it got to be A Thing after the first time) and once I did it over the office PA system. Oh, and we had a running joke about a senior network engineer being a pedophile (he wasn't, but that didn't stop us from saying it all the time, not even after he became our boss).
So, we were probably just as bad as you cocky cooks and shameful chefs, maybe even worse!
You can take the American out of America but you can never take America out of the American.
And if you don't like it, you can all go fuck yourselves :)05/08/2017 #28 Nicole ChardenetI will have to try and post this comment in two parts because I keep getting a beBee message saying a message should be 1-2000 characters. I don't think mine is that long but maybe they count differently in Brazil :)
Well that was SOME article, Randall! But don't hold back...how do you REALLY feel about political correctness??? LOL
Living as I do in the heart of The P.C. Beast in Toronto, and being coming not only from the largely politically incorrect United States and the hideously, grievously, hopelessly politically incorrect IT industry (25 years now), I can laugh with you and pretty much agree with you and remember fondly one of the best jobs I ever had working for a small VAR (Value Added Reseller) of computers & networks in Hartford, CT.
It was THE most politically incorrect office I've ever worked in. But, we were a really tight team who got along really well and no one was a tightass. The shit we used to say to each other...and pull. We flirted with each other, told horrible stories that would have given the HR department many, many Maalox moments had we had an HR department (or any Maalox), and then there were the silly jokes we played on each other. Like sending the President home to his Boston office with a Depends pad snuck into his hard drive box, which apparently he opened in front of a customer and then snorted, "Those guuuuys!!!" (Some of us guuuuuuys were women :) )
to be continued...04/08/2017 #24 Numo QuestWow!!!! Hilarious. It's like people calling the 'Discrimination card' without them realizing they simply exist because of natural discrimination or those constant wave the 'Racist' flag, not understanding there is only ONE Race, 'Homo Sapiens', the world is getting more and more illiterate and ridiculous. Well Put Randal, many thanks. René C04/08/2017 #23 Lisa 🐝 GallagherOMG I couldn't stop laughing. I love your raw candor @Randall Burns. People use the F bomb more than they'd admit. As long as it not being used in a crude manner who cares?!! I once read an article this past year stating that people who use the F bomb during conversation tend to be of higher intelligence. I must have a pretty high IQ then - oh and you too LOL! People would be surprised how many Health Care Professionals that work with patients use the F bomb when away from the patients. Many off color jokes too because humor is necessary when you work in a profession that can have more down days than up and is very serious. I would imagine the stress of the kitchen could do the same on another level as you described quite well above.
For the record, I've never eaten cock before... not to my knowledge and for those that just read this, get your head out of the gutter haha.04/08/2017 #22 Randall Burns#14 HaHa @xx xx I would have to say that is your prerogative to have your opinion, it is my choice as to whether I would allow you to have that much power over me to actually offend me. Kind of hard to have a debate, and be at a disadvantage, if I was that fickle. :-)
- Producer26/07/2017Do the benefits of chocolate outweigh the disadvantages?Chocolate is universally loved however much of the population deny themselves this worldly pleasure. But is chocolate all as bad as they think? Perhaps we should assess the benefits chocolate could provide us in moderation and the right quality of...
Comments26/07/2017 #5 Pascal DerrienDark Chocolate is OK because of his high cocoa ratio, the others while yummy can be counterproductive actually I have a french chocolatier near where I live who produce delicious sugar free chocolate he does not use any sweetener but uses raspberry or strawberry instead :-)26/07/2017 #4 Renée 🐝 CormierI love a small piece of dark chocolate with about 85% cocoa. Because it is not overly sweet, you don't need much to be satisfied. Smart men know that if they keep chocolate in their office, they will have a lot of women stopping by for a visit. If you are shy, @Juan Imaz, you now know what to do. :)26/07/2017 #2 Javier 🐝 beBee7 Awesome Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate
1.-Protection from Disease-Causing Free Radicals.
2.-Potential Cancer Prevention.
3.-Improved Heart Health.
4.-Good for Overall Cholesterol Profile.
5.-Better Cognitive Function.
6.-Blood Pressure and Blood Sugar Aid.
- Producer24/04/2017El pimiento y sus beneficiosEl pimiento es una planta herbácea que contiene una serie de flores pequeñas y es originaria de América, siendo ideal por ejemplo en una alimentación natural, dado que puede ser consumida cruda, hervida o asada. El pimiento pertenece a la familia de...
- Producer13/06/20175 Reasons Soy Milk is HealthyLong gone are the days when there was just the option of cow milk as skim or full-fat. We now have many choices for fresh cow milk, UHT milk, powder milk and a range of different types of milk to choose from. Soy milk has risen not only to...
Comments14/06/2017 #5 Lisa 🐝 GallagherWhat a great topic @Juan Imaz! I gave up cows milk about a year ago. I decided to use Coconut Milk for the most. I love how my rice and a few other things taste when I use Coconut milk. I do buy soy too, it's great with smoothies and I've concluded that it's good to switch things up on occasion. A lot of people are cow milk intolerant and soy is a good substitute! Soy Milk is great in smoothies too. I swear to those who haven't tried it... you will not know the difference if you use soy milk in a smoothie instead of cows milk.
- 05/06/2017Olivia Pictonwww.bebee.com Olivia Picton is a mother of three little boys. In her spare time she likes to write about weddings, food, and anything else that might make...
- Producer30/05/20175 Tips to Incorporate More Organic Foods Into Your DietOnce upon a time all food was organic, grown in the good earth, watered by pure rain, energized by the warm sun. We were agrarian people for tens of thousands of years and we grew all our food in our own gardens. What we didn’t grow we went without...
Comments31/05/2017 #1 Irene 🐝 Rodriguez EscolarMeaning of the labels on the fruit. 5 digits beginning with 9 = Organic 9-xxxx.
5 digits beginning with 8 = Genetically modified 8-xxxx
4 digits contains Pesticides. xxxx.
Good article, there are different ways to get them.
What good is a healthy diet if it is loaded with pesticides?
- Producer29/05/2017LET'S MAKE BEBEE BETTER THAN EVER!!!We have the power to make this wonderful site better! I have never seen such a positive community before. But we have to get energetic, we have to share more, we have to give efforts, we have to make it better and better! We have this power, because...
- 26/04/2017Hello All.
I am sharing with you one of my Fiverr gigs. If you are creating recipes and need assistance calculating the nutrition facts for each, feel free to contact me via Fiverr or email@example.com. Feel free to share with friends!
Thanks.calculate the nutrition facts for your recipewww.fiverr.com
- Challenge for @Javier 🐝 beBee @Juan Imaz @Federico 🐝 Álvarez San Martín 3 minutes videobuzz recipe of your favorite madrilen food dish !Spanish Cuisine: Madrid Food Guide Come join us for some Spanish cuisine in the Madrid, Spain! Our Madrid Food Guide showcases some of the best Spanish food worth trying in the capital city....
Comments20/04/2017 #17 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand AmbassadorGet a phone a stick and the ingredients and as the Good The Bad and the Ugly Tucco's always says...""When You cook, Cook ! don't talk ! '' hahaha. Hayaheeee yahhhh wawa waaaaaaa! To be post here" https://www.bebee.com/group/my-bebeetv (need to have sign up to the hive to post in it !20/04/2017 #16 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand Ambassador#15 Awwesommmmme ! My beBeeTV channel is already salivating...Make a Post in the Producer, write down a tell a story (circumstances, where did it come from, history channel stuuf then personalized like Anthony Bourdain always does with a two feet on the ground, kettles on the stove and head in the steam ! Hahahaaaaaaa20/04/2017 #11 AnonymousI am going to provide some feedback on these two "foodies" one of the most overused terms nowadays. At the 5:00 minute mark he describes the dish as having "some type of curry sauce'. #FAIL it's saffron which tints the bomba strain of rice and the caldo. AS someone who has worked as a chef in a past life and considers themselves a threat in the kitchen and has mastered many cuisines not excluding curries from at least 5 countries, I will gladly serve as a judge. Reducing salmorejo and gazpacho to just tomato based soup preparations served cold clearly shows the ignorance of the "foodies" from the Andalou& Madrilleño versions of gazpacho to the Cordobese salmorejo.....they have nuances and ingredients which harken to various roots from various ancestors of the Iberian peninsula not excluding the Moors. #mytwocents My tortilla whether classic or with a twist such as using wild asparagus or ajos tiernos or perhaps adding bacalao....is something I can take pride in. I choose everything in my dishes wisely and purvey the best ingredients like farm fresh eggs for the brilliant decadent yolks to the variety of potato and of course the olive oil. #mytwocents or more like #adollarsworthofopinions20/04/2017 #9 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand Ambassador#8 Anyway We need 3 juges for BeBee has got talent in the Kitchen (1/3) ! Sign UP Juan !
One beBee's judge -- One Madrilen Chef Invited -- One TV Host (TVE?) . Jump on the opportunity to make the challlenge viral and a twitter storm. (Like the bucket challenge_ At the end of the video recipe name 3 celebrities to make one recipe and buzz video it on beBee). Try it ! That would be the best ever beBee's funny trick EVER !20/04/2017 #7 stephan metral 🐝 Innovative Brand Ambassadorhoho, This is going to be foodie viral and attract thousands of users that 'd like to have an echo to their recipies and build an audience of an online culinary academy. For those who would need to host a training solution online video powered to promote here on bebee contact me. please do as many recipe you would lile. Cc @Susan 🐝 Botello @Randall Burns the madrid bebee cooking team is on fire, put it on MybebeeTV and Media & Entertainement's Hives, call it beBee's Hive Kitchen (Red team vs blue Team vs yellow team, colors by two bebees peers....lol) i don't know if we have a known chef in Spain you guys know but invite one on site and make him or her a referee and feature his her restaurant in Madrid or alrededor....
- Producer19/01/2017Lean Belly Breakthrough ReviewLean Belly Breakthrough Review Last month, I reviewed Lean Belly Breakthrough program – a weight loss program by fitness trainer Bruce Krahn. So I will share my good experience with you. Health and wellness seem to be becoming more and more...
- Producer07/01/2017Childhood AsthmaWe talked about asthma: definition, symptoms, causes, and treatment, in general. In 2009: about 1 in 10 children (10%) had asthma in USA so we must know more about childhood asthma. Especially if you have a child who has asthma.In this article we...
- Producer31/12/201610 facts about asthma10 facts about asthma In this article we will provide to you 10 facts about asthma:The world asthma is from a Greek word.Asthma is a chronic disease (effect to the patient for a long time) that affects airways in lungs. You can see...
- Producer30/12/2016Signs And Symptoms Of Asthma AttackAny disease has symptoms to indicate to that disease. Some of symptoms are common to several diseases so when we make a design we must sure about it. The asthma has symptoms (like any disease) and we will mention common and danger symptoms of...
- 21/11/2016Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Wedgeswww.whereismyspoon.co Perfectly roasted pumpkin: an easy, spicy and versatile recipe, you can enjoy this as a vegetarian meal with yogurt dip for instance or as a side dish for meat, poultry or...
- Producer06/11/2016Gazpacho - a spanish potion :)Ingredients: Tomato, pepper, cucumber, onion, extra virgin olive oil 5%, wine vinegar, salt, garlic, lemon juice. Vegetable content: 93%.Gazpacho is a soup made of raw vegetables and served cold, originating in the southern Spanish region of...
Comments14/04/2017 #60 Randall BurnsExcellent and informative article @Javier 🐝 beBee. Obviously I have a professional interest in this topic and can say that this is a favorite item to have on my menus. We eat a lot of Gazpacho here in Canada in the hot summer months but I also lived in the Caribbean for over 20 years where I had this on all of my menus year round. There are many variations that can be produced in this easily prepared item, (no cooking needed), incorporating fresh local fruits, (like mango, one of my favorites), papayas, pineapple, etc. Another trick is to roast the garlic beforehand and while you will need twice as much garlic for the recipe the flavor deepens and is greatly enhanced giving a slightly smoky flavor, (roasted peppers also add a "smoky" hint), . fresh herbs, (as opposed to dried), are essential.
A very versatile, healthy dish, that can easily be modified to suit one's personal tastes or special menu, theme or occasion.29/01/2017 #58 Javier 🐝 beBee#57 @Sandra Smith probably you are right :). We are very lucky to have this unique climate.... https://www.bebee.com/producer/@javierbebee/spain-tourism
- Producer20/09/20165 Reasons You Should Go OrganicA lot of people like to talk about how much better organic food is, but often without specifying exactly what it is that is so superior to “normal” mass produced or processed food. This can make it difficult for someone to know why organic food is...
- 27/07/2016When classic pico de gallo meets fresh peach, it turns into a refreshing summer snack that you won't get enough of.Peach Pico De Gallo - DelishPlanwww.delishplan.com When classic pico de gallo meets fresh peach, the whole thing turns into a refreshing summer appetizer that you won't get enough...
- Producer26/07/2016Kefir Lemonade is Summer's Favorite Healthy BeverageKefir Lemonade is Summer's Favorite Healthy BeveragePeople typically love to drink liquid yogurt that's generally made with milk. The problem with drinking it during the summer is that the dairy makes it a bit too heavy. While some people like to...
- 29/06/2016Looking for a side dish to pair with your meat, seafood or chicken? We've got you covered with this 20-min Chipotle Roasted Vegetable Couscous. Super delish and easy. It can be made #vegan and #glutenfree as well if you substitute quinoa for the couscous. Watch the video and grab the full recipe #ontheblog. Happy cooking!Chipotle Roasted Vegetable Couscous - DelishPlanwww.delishplan.com Couscous cooked in chicken broth or vegetable broth with Chipotle adobo sauce and mixed together with roasted...
Healthy recipes~ 100 buzzes