- Producer18/01/2017Pulau Seribu Islands Jakarta - Jakarta Tourism assortment IslandTravel Pulau Seribu Islands are well known to foreign tourists who come to Jakarta for a vacation to the Thousand Islands. All departures island of thousand of Marina Ancol Jakarta, each distinct departure dock because each island has a pier and...
- Producer04/01/201710 Tips to Book Cheap Flights That You Probably Didn’t Know AboutYou might already be familiar with some of these tips to find cheap flights on the Internet, but others are not as well known -because they are a bit more technical- and trust us when we say that they can save you some big bucks when booking your...
Comments01/01/2017 #1 CityVP 🐝 ManjitI like to reflect on the pagan origin of January with the two faced God called Janus symbolic not of hypocrisy but past and future and beginnings and ends. Even in Christianity, the Roman in Roman Catholicism is worth exploring, as is the role of Constantine in adding the symbol of the Sun to Christian life, hence today is Sunday.
A dip into the ancient is one way I can think about January but there is elements in popular culture that I can meditate upon in our personal modernity.
When I was 14 a song called January hit #1 in the British pop charts, the song was by Pilot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdsU3H9TZ_M and it is actually about how time flies and already it has been more than 40 January's have passed since this song's release. We talk to time as if it is a human quality that hears us, but it is an intelligent reflection, because we are afforded the time to hear life.
- Producer31/12/2016HNYIt is a good time to connect the acronym "HNY" for Happy New Year with the word "HONEY". CityVP Manjit 30th December 2016I wish everyone much honey. As New Years go - you alone can decide which one is going to be happy. Moreover you alone can...
Comments02/01/2017 #18 CityVP 🐝 Manjit#17 Dear @Dean Owen I will be kicking the groove on Saturday January 28th 2016 HNY-Zhonggou style. Your comment also inspired me to add an opening paragraph to my post at LinkedIn called "Perpetual Inventory". Life for me is a freeform celebration, with the spice of meaning added in from time to time to change up its dance and flow. Much Honey to You.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/perpetual-inventory-cityvp-manjit02/01/2017 #17 Dean OwenJust recovering from the New Year celebrations and will hopefully be fully recovered in time for the next, and bigger HNY celebrations which happen to occur here in just under a month! HNY @CityVP 🐝 Manjit View moreJust recovering from the New Year celebrations and will hopefully be fully recovered in time for the next, and bigger HNY celebrations which happen to occur here in just under a month! HNY @CityVP 🐝 Manjit! Close01/01/2017 #16 CityVP 🐝 Manjit#15 I only understood why my parents were so absolute in their over-protection of us when we lived in a similiar environment, but now I look back and realize what they protected us from. My mom and her best friend used to share duties taking their babies to the clinic - neither could afford time off work but also knew the visit to the clinic was a good thing for the health of the new borns.
One mother gave absolute love and the other absolute protection. Two babies in the same pram yet living in two different environments. A toxic and dangerous environment can lay waste to the best intentions and create exceptions also. As my mom's best friend gave her boy all that she could give him, he eventually grew up and expanded his network of love. A network of love in a dangerous neighbourhood is something my mother kept us away from.
Eventually, the baby was given absolute love became the leader of one of the two notorious gangs in our town, while we managed to find a way out and now fully appreciate who made the sacrifice so we could be sparred. Today, the baby that shared a pram with me is institutionalized, strangely in the off-spring that emanated from his philandering ways is a daughter who is an incredible woman, who loves her grandmother with such love, that she is the gift that came out of this mess - and she is the one who offers protection to that son's mother.
The only places I have read about compassion for jerks is either in the Bible (turning the other cheek) or in quotes about Buddha about not accepting the "gift". We can even forget what it was like growing up in toxic environments but it is rare to get protection from that, and I am thankful for that good fortune. I have no idea about life's hardships other than watching from a bubble where my parents who took all the blows.01/01/2017 #15 Aurorasa Sima#13 Positivity is a word that to each has a bit of a different meaning.
I do not have a home right now, feel trapped in (the wrong corner of?) a country I don´t belong. Facing a severe health threat in a country where everything has a price tag.
To me a positive person is never 100 % self-centered and only considers their own suffering/happiness. Yes, Yin and Yang. Both lives within us, sadness and happiness.
BUT I fully and wholeheartedly disagree with the implication that being compassionate towards jerks is the right way to go always. Self-preservation is your very responsibility and if you are not (like many self-proclaimed positive people) feeling indifferent you can only digest so much negative energy and misery before it harms you.
I grew up in a rough spot with loads of drugs and violence around me. Some of the people who grow up and survive in these conditions would not be able to receive your compassion before they understand that you are also capable of breaking their skulls.
Call me mindful with an edge - I see no wrong in kicking some jerks´ butts to hell. You gotta spend your 100 energy points wisely.
Help where help is needed and can be accepted. And have enough self-love to help yourself too and remove yourself from harmful situations if needed.01/01/2017 #13 CityVP 🐝 Manjit#12 Dear Franci, I personally cannot have an intelligent relationship with happiness if I do not at the same time have a sensitive relationship with sadness. The attitude I prefer is equanimity and then the flow of positive and negative are in relationship to that. How can we seek biological balance within us if we cannot sense our own equanimity.
If someone is being a jerk then we can choose a compassionate response, which is a positive attitude, or we can return our own being or self to equanimity - where we neither view that response as good or bad and then we don't pick it up and take it with us.
Why stockpile happiness like inventory when any positive balance may trigger unintended consequences - and from a state of equanimity, the positive and the negative are both valuable - the positive flows through us without imbalancing our internal hormones and the negative flows around us as our mind, spirit and body maturing our personal resilience.
The three relationships equanimity produce are the one's which we as human beings do value :
HARMONY with life outside of ourselves and HEALTH with life inside of ourselves. The multiplication of that is not a forced construct, it is an organic emergence - we emerge naturally. Yet I am a million miles from that reality sometimes - and I have proof of that - I can see it in the evolution of my own words and in the flowering of what we all call HOME. cc @Aurorasa Sima31/12/2016 #11 🐝 Fatima Williams#10 Awww Dear @CityVP 🐝 Manjit You and few other beBees are one of the reasons I love beBee. My heart skips a beat for you guys. Do you know what that means. That's the bond I have built here. I hear people say this world is this and that. I tell you this world is what we make it. You and me and all the awesome people around us make this amazing world. Wishing everyone here an amazing 2017 and all the happiness in the world.
I am in debt to beBee for I realise I don't need anything else when I love myself and the people around me.
Happiness and Happy new year 201731/12/2016 #10 CityVP 🐝 Manjit#5 Dear Fatima, you are the sweetest of all and I absolutely mean that. I don't think of honey as love, I think of honey as nature. The nature of honey is not questioned by a Honey Bee, but when it comes to real honey in nature, human beings are thieves. We steal their nectar and then replace those hives with sugar water. Then we take that natural honey and we industrialize it for mass consumption, and the end product that gets served is no more different to highly processed sugar - the nutrients, the richness of honey squandered by the mindset of the industrial age. It is not a question of who loves honey, but if we did love honey, how do we do that by respecting the nature of honey? Is honey golden because it is honey or because it sounds like money? As a tribal and communal being I wish you Much Honey!!! May you be as sweet as you are today on 31st December as you were on 30th December, in certain parts of the world it is already New Years right now. It is not the years that pass which is much honey, it is you and you knowing your own life and nature. I admire your fundamental nature, thus why I think of you as the sweetest of all.31/12/2016 #9 CityVP 🐝 Manjit#4 Dear Deb, the online space is indeed the learning fields and whether one is flying, sitting or waggling - all of this is a part of the learning experience. The reality of humanity which is not the reality of actual bee's is that we are generally a superstitious bunch - superstition has stitched its way through human time and life. The human mind that is progressing into the future is learning from its fundamental nature of being an animal and also from its unique ability to recognize the machine. We are animal in our instinct and emotions, but we are a complex organic machine which apparently resulted from accident. I am not too fussed about the origins of our design, but I do know it relates to what it is and how we learn. The origins of learning is what unites us. Much honey to you whether the honey is years, months, days or operates in seconds and much honey from the "learning fields".31/12/2016 #8 CityVP 🐝 Manjit#3 Wishes in return Milos. One thing I learned this holiday season at beBee is from the greetings I saw expressed by Russian HNY bee's. One of their wishes Happy New Godom. When I looked at what the translation of Godom was, I learned that the Bolsheviks in the Soviet Union had banned Christmas - and as a result New Year celebrations became the big thing. What that has shown me is that a government can take away Christmas but no government can take away this desire for human beings to want to celebrate the beginning of new life at this time of the year. If HNY isn't in part a metaphor for rebirth, then what is it?31/12/2016 #7 CityVP 🐝 Manjit#2 The best to you Aurorasa. The way I look at HNY, it is not 2017 that has much honey, it is always in the here and now - this is what is the greatest distinction between being human and being a bee is - the metaphorical bee is a human being first, and that is who you are.
- Producer31/12/2016ANTHEM OF NEW YEAR. A TUNE OF JOVIALITY!Earth is being created at its initial state A mere mass of gases, in a severe twisted stage Endure severe pangs; translate in melodious song it sang In a passage of time, it eventually evolve to usher lives From unicellular to...
- 31/12/2016My dear Bees, as time is a mental illusion I wish you moments full of consciousness and happiness, shared happiness as possible.
HAPPY 2017!!! VAMOSSSSS... 🎉 🚀
Comments01/01/2017 #19 CityVP 🐝 Manjit#17 I know what I am thinking, we need the vertical in order to do the horizontal unless we improvise. I will spare the innuendo by focusing on the question, how many people lose their virginity during the so called "holiday season".
At 6am this morning I am the only vertical thing in our home, because everyone else stayed up to wish each other a happy new year and now are completely konked out.
Thankfully there is no one in my home that over handles cheer, and I know some uncles that are horizontal due to too much cheer and not sleep. To the absolute drunk I never say HNY, I simply give a look which says "beware of the alcoholic". We put that sign up for dogs, why not alchies?31/12/2016 #13 CityVP 🐝 Manjit#4 Why not now 🤔
I take the cheese of Aurorasa and the Wine of Mamen and I come to the conclusion that fine wine and cheese can age with quality.
The Sweetspot of Aging with Time
http://www.seattlepi.com/lifestyle/food/article/Does-cheese-age-like-a-fine-wine-805212.php View more#4 Why not now 🤔
I take the cheese of Aurorasa and the Wine of Mamen and I come to the conclusion that fine wine and cheese can age with quality.
The Sweetspot of Aging with Time
Manchego Cheese and Spanish Wines
Philosophically however, while time is vertical, flow is horizontal because the best of our life is on our own horizon, which is both timeless and never ending in possibilities. May our metaphors be greater and our wisdom see the honey of higher purpose and life. Of course time is vertical, like a blog it will simply roll on and on, until the last tissue of our life.
Wishing you Much HNY as we each age .... Close
Comments31/12/2016 #2 CityVP 🐝 ManjitHaving an emergent big picture vision is my backdrop to living one day at a time, which is more than just writing a page of life, for it is in the writing that we find ourselves - for all the truth that emerges from us our found in our own paragraphs - and then it is a case of the capacity of our own wisdom to recognize all that truth within us that is weighed down by the myths we entertain and the self-limiting beliefs that serve us to either avoid that truth, or the cowardice thta stops us from being that truth - not the truth of value judgement, but the truth of our being that is greater than any words can express - to live that which is great within us or at least know we touched it before we depart in this temporal journey and organic contract that is life.
Comments30/12/2016 #6 Carlos Souza RibeiroFeliz Ano Novo á todas colmeias, abelhas e equipe da bebee e, estaremos juntos em 2017 para o sucesso
Feliz Año Nuevo va a todas las colmenas, las abejas y equipo Bebee y vamos a estar juntos en 2017 para el éxito
Happy New Year to all beehives, bees and bebee team, and we will be together in 2017 for success
- Producer28/12/2016Terry Pratchett's Hogfather Is the Best Defense of Christmas There Is (link)(by Katharine Trendacosta - IO9)The winter holidays have a developed a life of their own, separate from whatever religious basis they originally had. And while it’s easy to decry it all as shallow, the best argument in favor of Christmas comes...
- Producer25/12/2016Spirit of Christmas!The Spirit of Christmas is truly in the little things that matter, In caring wishes & gifts of grace that makes the world feeling so much better.In the kind words loving hugs , that happiness & hope can restore.In the simple joys of sharing...
- Producer24/12/2016And suddenly, it's ChristmasSome people say they're messySome people say they're hard to care for.Some people say they're much too expensive.I say, they're MY family, damn it, and they're coming over for Christmas!I'd like to take a moment to thank my followers. Your support...
- 25/12/2016To friends, colleagues, clients, and all of beBee, best wishes for a Joyous Christmas and a Healthy, Happy, Prosperous New Year ... from Phil Friedman and the Port Royal Group ...
- 25/12/2016And may all your Christmases be White
I preferred Jingle Cows - but I can't find that oneWhite Christmas (Goat Edition) 'All I Want For Cristmas is a Goat' är årets viktigaste julalbum. Skivan som består av åtta julsånger är framtagen för att uppmärksamma det arbete som...
- 25/12/2016Can you name Christmas Tunes from looking at the music?
Enjoy Quiz here: www.stringquest.com/christmas-tunes-quiz
- Producer24/12/2016Happy Holidays to allAt this time of year, many are celebrating as December is a special month for many of the world's faith. The following multicultural events and celebrations are among those that will happen this month:Ramadan (Muslim)Eid al-Fitr (Muslim)Saint...
- 23/12/2016This was yesterday... Plus 28 degrees C (82 deg F)... on Sint Maarten (I'm sure I could have waved at @Donna-Luisa Eversley). Today it is plus 1 degree C (33 deg F) in Oakville with snow.
Have a very Merry Christmas and wishing all you bees peace during this holiday season.
- Producer23/12/2016***Merry Christmas And A Very Happy New Year***A huge thank you to all my followers here on beBee. Thank you so much for putting efforts in reading and commenting on my articles. It is with pure joy that I always look forward to reading your comments on this site. Writing for such a wonderful...
- 22/12/2016William accomplished his goal of completing Bk. 2 by Christmas! :)
- Producer21/12/2016Do justly; love mercy. Hope still springs eternal.I write my Christmas message in the fervent hope that I’m not being pretentious; it comes from the heart and is most sincerely meant. I was inspired by Pascal Derrien’s poetic – and sobering – article titled BlackMirror: What If I Can Only Hear...
Comments21/12/2016 #8 Pascal Derrien@Aleta Curry :-) Many thanks for the mention and reference believe it or not I am an optimist :-) I just want to make sure my positivity is not based on an empty shell or so shallow that I forget to face and acknowledge the reality of our downfall every now and again..... We are a strange breed indeed full of paradoxical behaviours . Peace to you :-)21/12/2016 #7 Savvy RajThis comes from a place of unconditional love for humanity at large. @Aleta Curry Rest assured the reason for your writing this .... has found its meaning and is instilling hope in many hearts in this moment.. and @Sara Jacobovici sending my heartfelt wishes as you empower and sharethe hope and faith through these heartwarming stories. GOD BLESS!💜💙💜
- 20/12/2016Taking the time to wish you all a happy Holiday Season and New Year!Just in time for the Holidayswww.linkedin.com My post on LinkedIn, Perceiving Time Can Be In Tense, was the first in a series of posts to focus on understanding our perception of time. I thought that this would be an appropriate topic as I...
- 19/12/2016Trip to Florence: Pinocchio & a wonderful chess shop :)Trip to Florence: Pinocchio & a wonderful chess shop Florence has been on my wishlist for ages. Finally, I had a chance to have a short visit. While we were exploring around we found a couple of really cool...
- 14/12/2016Help your poinsettias last a bit longer, Helpful info from my blog:Caring For Poinsettias During The Holiday Seasonyourdream.smartlivingtoday.com
- 30/11/2016Great article on The Huffington Post today by @Marietta Gentles Crawford3 Ways To Stay Stress-Free During The Holidays | The Huffington Postwww.huffingtonpost.com As the holidays approach, it’s very easy to get caught up in the madness. All of a sudden there’s a whirlwind of things to think about like holiday...