- Producer02/12/2016Making Your Apartment Unique and StylishNot everyone has a flair for decorating. In fact, many of us are a little clueless when it comes to making our apartments look stylish. That is why you walk into so many apartments that look the same. If you are having trouble getting your apartment...
- Producer29/11/2016Everything You Need To Know About Baseboard HeatersThere are several home heating systems to choose from and depending on your needs, some may be better than others. One that isn’t as common today but still a great option is a baseboard heating system. Baseboard heater systems can be used as a...
- Producer22/11/2016Interior design ideas to spruce up a rentalOne of the most exciting things about being a homeowner for the first time is the ability to customize and decorate your home just how you like it. One of the biggest downsides to renting rather than owning is being much more limited in what you can...
- Producer14/11/2016Interior Decorating Ideas to Make a Mobile Home GlamorousA mobile home is something you usually associate in your mind as being cramped and inferior. But done right, mobile home design can make a mobile home comfortable and stunning. Here are a few interior decorating ideas to make even a mobile home...
- Producer08/11/2016Daring Interior Design Ideas To TryYou don’t have to be a professional interior decorator to make bold interior design choices. Here are just a few ways you can add some drama to your interior design without calling in a professional decorator.Invest in a large area rugArea rugs are...
- Producer04/11/2016Four Simple Home Improvement Projects You Can Do InexpensivelyAmericans spent around $400 billion on remodeling and home improvement projects in 2015. Home remodeling projects can cost quite a bit of money but they don’t always have to. In fact, there are plenty of smaller scale projects that the...
- Producer01/11/20165 of the Biggest Garage Door Trends of 2016Whether we discuss your home’s appeal or safety, garage doors are important because they are among the first things people notice when arriving at your driveway. So, improving your garage door is the first step in increasing your property value and...
- Producer02/07/2016Diamond in the roughRe-imagine and Re-purpose I found this little beauty at an estate sale just screaming out "make me pretty!" A bird's eye maple dresser with dovetail construction who thought her best days were behind her. With a little attention, elbow grease and...
Comments20/09/2016 #28 Julie Hickman#27 Wow!! Talk about hidden treasure!! I've perused Salvation Army stores as well but never came across those kinds of finds. I know how you feel about becoming attached. As a house warming gift, I gave some newlyweds a beloved burl wood veneer armoire. Unfortunately they split up after a few years and I was almost tempted to ask to buy it back (Ha)!20/09/2016 #27 Paul "Pablo" Croubalian#26 Years ago, after my divorce, I was looking to keep busy. A friend brought me to a big Salvation Army store where they sell donated stuff to finance their activities.
I saw a 5-drawer highboy circa 1940 in half-assed shape with all drawer pulls in place. In another aisle, I saw the matching 9-drawer low-girl. In the sides section, I found the two nightstands. Then, I found the mirror. Everything was intact but in need of some TLC.
I bought the whole set for C$135. LOL, it cost me $75 to have it delivered. I restored it over the summer.
Halfway through the restoration, a dealer offered me $4750 for it. By then, I was too attached to it to sell.07/09/2016 #22 Pamela L. WilliamsMy sister does things like this. Her favorite finds are usually items people have set out on the roadside for trash pickup. She renovates it and it turns into something beautiful. Too much goes to the dump that an artistic eye can see new life. You have that eye Julie!03/09/2016 #14 Lada Prkic#9 Those are small projects such as decoration of old coal irons. Julie, you did a great job with this renovation and modification, and you have inspired me to use baby blue colour as a base for my first iron in the decoupage technique. Yes, we have many things in common. :-)03/09/2016 #8 Andrew Porter#2 Thanks for the tag @Donna-Luisa Eversley this is right up my street, I love antique furniture the modern stuff just doesn't compare, what a wonderful transition this piece of furniture has had, well done @Julie Hickman for your creativeness, and please don't let this be a one off post lets see some more!
- 12/04/201615 Genius DIY Storage Solutionshttp://www.housebeautiful.com/home-remodeling/diy-projects/how-to/g2037/diy-storage-solutions/?slide=11
- 12/04/2016Hang giant tissue paper pom-poms from the ceiling. http://www.marthastewart.com/265163/pom-poms-and-luminarias-how-to
- 11/04/2016Stepping It Up In Style: 50 Ladder Shelves And Display Ideas http://www.decoist.com/2013-12-23/ladder-shelves-storage-display-ideas/
- 11/04/2016Beautiful and easy mason jar DIY oil lamp: http://bit.ly/1YqVwQh
- 05/04/201629 Fascinating Backyard Ideas on a Budget - Page 21 of 29 - Very Cool Ideas http://verycoolideas.com/29-fascinating-backyard-ideas-on-a-budget/21/
- 30 DIY ideas on a budget:
- 01/04/2016Curb cabin fever with these 6 fun & pretty tissue paper projects! http://www.handmadecharlotte.com/great-tissue-paper-diys-dont-involve-nose/
- 30/03/2016Need a new bed to spruce up your bedroom? Try Novosbed memory foam mattress. REVIEWNovosbed Memory Foam Mattress Review - Family Focus Blogfamilyfocusblog.com Novosbed Memory Foam Mattress review for a better night's sleep. Our experience with the Novosbed Memory Foam Mattress from delivery to...