- 24/03/2017Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts Appoints Heidi Ueberroth to Board of DirectorsFour Seasons Hotels and Resorts Appoints Heidi Ueberroth to Board of Directorsfinance.yahoo.com Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts Appoints Heidi Ueberroth to Board of...
- Producer24/03/2017Peru Empire of Hidden TreasureFrom ancient cultures to bustling cities to extraordinary landscapes, few destinations have as much to offer visitors as Peru, an astonishingly varied country. Here you'll find panoramic mountain ranges, vast deserts, beautiful beaches and...
- Producer23/03/2017The Smoke that ThundersThere is one place in Africa I would visit again and again. The Victoria Falls. More than once I have been there. Each time I experience the scenery and adventure of the environment anew. It is a symphony of nature. The Falls As I stand on...
Comments26/03/2017 #56 Gert 🐝 Scholtz@Don 🐝 Kerr Thanks Don, I would very much like to play a round of golf with you on this course! The river rafting was to me the most intimidating activity – underwater not knowing how long and which way is up; a huge fright. The microlight looks seductively easy but it did not help at all that my seat on the aircraft was slightly loose! As I mention; exhilaration and fear are close friends in these adventures.25/03/2017 #52 🐝 Fatima G. WilliamsThis is absolutely spectacular @Gert 🐝 Scholtz It's feels a bit overboard but I wouldn't mind getting on that boat now that I don't drown 😆. The river rafting sounds crazy a must try. Thank you for sharing this amazing experience with us. A trip of a lifetime I must say.25/03/2017 #51 Pamela 🐝 WilliamsI got air sick just looking at the ultra-lights! I'll let you tell me all about it Gert! Though I would love to walk along that path/bridge I saw in one picture, I'll leave the jumping into the pool for the younger, stronger ;-). Thank you for sharing this adventure with us, simply spectacular! So glad I found this post on Twitter! I missed it here.24/03/2017 #39 Gert 🐝 Scholtz#9 @David B. Grinberg @Lisa 🐝 Gallagher It looks like I am a bit of an adrenaline junkie after all. Now what is my next kick - with a barrel over the falls? Nope. Rather leave that one to those who did it at the Niagara falls. Thanks David and Lisa for joining the thread and enjoying the trip with me.
- Producer24/03/2017“A little cornstarch between the legs helps cure 'The Wolf'...”“The Wolf”, “Cook’s Crack”, “Chef’s Cheeks” is an affliction that cooks get from time to time due to the long hours of standing on their feet, running around, the heat and sweat. As the heat and sweat build up, the rubbing of your upper legs and...
- Producer23/03/2017Toronto Team Building: 7 Compelling Reasons the GTA Should be Your Go-to Destination7 Compelling Reasons the GTA Should be Your Go-to Destination for Executive Retreats For executives in search of a location for executive retreats or team building, there are a number of reasons that Toronto should be their "go-to"...
Comments24/03/2017 #2 Lisa 🐝 GallagherAwesome @Anne Thornley-Brown! Even if I weren't planning a trip for team building, just to visit Toronto would be great. It's been years since I was there. I'm only 4.5 hours from Toronto. The videos were SO enticing. Lake Ontario is beautiful and Toronto looks so clean. It appears you have some great team building workshops coming up. I just told someone the other day I want to learn how to create cool videos, so I'm looking for a class in town. Maybe one day I will have a few people to work with me (even if it's just a hobby), it would be fun to go to the video DIY team building workshop.23/03/2017 #1 Javier 🐝 beBeeNice !
- ProducerWindy City.The document moved. Stretching. In silence. Almost without a single sound. Slowly. Kissed by the wind. The rain had licked of some important information. The color of blood. An ugly and old rat - hungry and obsessed with food - noticed the object....
Comments25/03/2017 #24 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.#23 part four is already present @🐝 Fatima G. Williams, take a bite25/03/2017 #22 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.#21 glad you like it Mr Wonderful25/03/2017 #21 Patrick PoedtsAmazing share, wonderful descriptions. Thanks for sharing this @Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.th24/03/2017 #20 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.#18 you will get more @Helena Jansen van Vuuren much more!!! Happy to read that you are greedy!24/03/2017 #19 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.#17 well said and so true @Yogesh Sukal23/03/2017 #17 Yogesh SukalAgain amazing, its quite addictive. And as you started you have to continue...
Thank you so much @Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.23/03/2017 #16 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.#15 you are most welcome @Pamela 🐝 Williams it certainly is.23/03/2017 #15 Pamela 🐝 WilliamsAn intriguing story @Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc., thanks for the tag😂23/03/2017 #14 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.#1 that is wonderful to know @Devesh 🐝 Bhatt, a smile works like the sun, warming up our hearts.23/03/2017 #13 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.#8 my pleasure, @debasish majumder, honored to write for my honey bees audience.23/03/2017 #12 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.#9 appreciated @Pascal Derrien thank you.23/03/2017 #11 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.#10 thank you so much @Deb🐝 Lange23/03/2017 #8 debasish majumderwonderful share @Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.! enjoyed read with utter amazement! thank you veru much for such great share.23/03/2017 #7 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.@Laurent Boscherini @Milos Djukic
- Producer22/03/2017If you have the choice, would you present first or last?Recently I was at a networking meeting that brought ideas and investors together, and in all of this an important topic was raised... as well as a differing opinion. The Founder and CEO of a successful startup was offering business perspective and...
Comments23/03/2017 #20 Susan Rooks#11 I received a certification (at a very low level, but still) in DiSC years ago, @Graham🐝 Edwards, so yes, I know a little about it (just enough to be dangerous, as they say).
And I'm a confirmed D/I myself. No natural C (except in my work), and since I love to be around the S types, I work on that aspect of myself.23/03/2017 #18 Harvey LloydGreat discussion and i think the argument could be made for either. I prefer to speak or present at anytime. Going first sets the standard of comparison, but if someone comes along with a better presentation/understanding of issues/solutions you can be unseated. The one thing i would say about speaking after first or last, i get to see the audience and their response to speakers. This has two effects, one i get to know them potentially and i get to tweak my ad lib comments towards a "known" audience.
In the end i would agree with you in general, your presentation needs to be the dragon slayer that slays the dragon first or after everyone else has just beat it to death23/03/2017 #16 Javier 🐝 beBeeWhen evaluating sequential information (as list of vendor presentation), people might get more influenced by the first presentation and this pattern is known as a “primacy effect“. In some instances, the final presentation has more more influence than the first presentation. Such a pattern is known as the “recency effect“. Now the question is which effect is more dominant and in which situations.
Is there a distinct advantage in presenting first versus last?
Should you pick an interview slot that is first in line or last in line?
Should you speak first or last?
You should present, interview or speak first, if the others will follow you immediately and there will be a delay between the series of presentations and the judgment or decision because of primacy effect.
On the other hand, you should present, interview or speak last, if there will be a delay between the presentations or interviews and the decision-makers will need to render judgment or decision right after the last presentation or interview because of recency effect. From my sales experience, such scenarios happen quite often, where customers will schedule vendor presentations separated by time and then render judgement fairly quickly after the last presentation. So if you are involved in enterprise sales, think about the recency effect when offered a choice to pick a presentation slot.
I found this great info at https://beyondheadlines.wordpress.com/2010/04/20/should-you-present-first-or-last/23/03/2017 #15 Anne Thornley-BrownSpeakers were asked if they would prefer to present first or last? End of day presentations slots are always a problem. It's bad design that makes this spot untenable.
Event and meeting planners would be wise to build in a buffer and end the day with a networking opportunity. Let's say your agenda is to end at 5:00, reserve the last 45 minutes to an hour for a networking reception or event. Schedule that to go from 4: 00 or 4:15 to 6:00 or 6:30. So if anything gets cut short, it's the networking. Make it compelling so that people want to stick around.
NEVER schedule departure for dinner right after the day's meeting agenda ends. Opt for a 8:00 or 7:30 departure for an 8:00 dinner seating.23/03/2017 #14 Anne Thornley-BrownDefinitely first. Without exception, every time I have presented last, the meeting, conference or event has fallen behind schedule and the compressed time I had to begin with has been chopped down even further. It's an impossible situation, especially when there is a hard stop due to a dinner reservation. On a going forward basis, I will not be accepting any engagements during this time slot.23/03/2017 #4 Susan RooksFunny how our minds work, isn't it, @Graham🐝 Edwards? Mine immediately went to "last," because I love to leave them laughing, as it were. Since all my presentations -- whether they are about American grammar or DiSC or other communication skills -- include laughter, I love being last. I believe that the last speaker has a rare opportunity to build on what others have said (if possible), but definitely has a chance to be the one most remembered.
Great question! I wonder who else will weigh in.23/03/2017 #3 Donna WoodI have a preference for being the first after lunch. If I had to choose between being first or last, I would have to choose first. I've done pro bono speaking engagements that cost me more to be there, than the initial ROI. However, I find that by being first, I have more time to mingle with the participants and start building relationships.
- 23/03/2017Have you been asked to provide a referral lately? How did you handle it?10 Things To Consider Before Referring A Friend For A Jobwww.glassdoor.com Before recommending your college buddy for a gig, here are 10 things you should ask yourself...
- Producer22/03/2017A Thousand Holes - A Taste of MarrakechShimmering flecks of gold flickered off the waterways. We settled down at the pagoda teahouse where the bridges intersect. Yet another ancient water town checked off my list, each unique in style, each offering up a local Chinese flavour. Rays of...
Comments24/03/2017 #19 Dean OwenI like what he did to "Mad World". Not a fan of Adam Lambert, especially when he fronted Queen, but he did an incredible Mad World. I think we grew up with the same songs. I was 15 when I heard Seasons and the story behind it. Picked up a guitar wanting to learn how to play it. Toya Wilcox was big at the time.23/03/2017 #18 CityVP 🐝 ManjitThe amusing thing here for me is that I heard that song a few years under 50 years ago and I only get to find out about Marrakesh in this buzz !
For me music is milestones more than beats - for this is where it captures our individuality and so what we happen to like is different to what it happens to mean. A great example is the song that stamped my psyche after 9/11 - which was Gary Jules https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4
When Pink Floyd sang Another Brick in the Wall that is a memory ticker that coincides with Alice Cooper "Schools Out Forever" - you can guess I was at a school which all of us did not want to be at. I can enjoy masses amount of commercial pap because I keep liking separate from meaning. For sure when we talk about song composition and beat this fits in the middle space between like and meaning - but music for me is what flows through my imagination, so much so it is individuality and music becomes DNA.
Perhaps the song I don't like to hear but which carries the most haunting meaning for me is Terry Jacks "Seasons in the Sun"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG9otasNmxI23/03/2017 #16 CityVP 🐝 Manjit#13 In this 2000 Farm Aid Live performance it is the four-some version since Neil Young had joined the band much later when they became Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young [CSNY]- so here is Marrekech Express https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fE06X25fDU View more#13 In this 2000 Farm Aid Live performance it is the four-some version since Neil Young had joined the band much later when they became Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young [CSNY]- so here is Marrekech Express https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fE06X25fDU
#14 CSNY's most poignant track was Four Dead in Ohio , an anthem to the Kent State shootings when the Ohio National Guard killed four students protesting the Vietnam War and the incursion into Cambodia
Four Dead in Ohio - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
These shootings led to mass Student strikes, and it was H.R. Haldeman, Nixon's Chief of Staff involved in Watergate who marked the Kent State shootings as the moment that created the deep scrutiny on Nixon's administration, that eventually uncovered Watergate and led to the impeachment of President Richard Nixon.
The Marrekech Express is Crosby, Still, Nash's most joyful song, Four Dead in Ohio their most significant. Close23/03/2017 #12 Dean Owen#10 Oddly I sometimes have the same issue with pictures in articles not downloading. It usually lasts about a week. Much appreciate a comment from the master debonair himself, Mr. Smooth, Suave and Sophisticated, @Paul Walters View more#10 Oddly I sometimes have the same issue with pictures in articles not downloading. It usually lasts about a week. Much appreciate a comment from the master debonair himself, Mr. Smooth, Suave and Sophisticated, @Paul Walters. No doubt you'd make a better Bond! Close23/03/2017 #11 CityVP 🐝 ManjitHaving been nearly 50 years since Crosby Stills and Nash recorded the song "Marakech Express" it is about time I actually saw something of the real Marrakech and now I have, it was a great way to catch a glimpse of it in this sublime buzz. I don't remember a buzz of yours before which broke into a novelist dialogue but the effect of the 2nd section added some personal "being there" and it worked. Great photographs as always and I concur with @Paul Walters about the debonaire bit.23/03/2017 #10 Paul Walters@Dean Owen Ah Dean San hankering after places visited and recalling fond memories !!! Unfortunately your pics on this post are not loading but I am noticing that on a number of posts I read. Still I was able to conjure up the images in my head from one of my all time favourite cities. Sounds like you did the 5 star version complete with beautiful woman in fluffy bathrobe ...you debonaire bugger you
- 22/03/2017Has anybody been impacted by the US & UK laptop bans on some flights from the Middle East & North Africa?US and UK ban cabin laptops on some inbound flights - BBC Newswww.bbc.com Under the new restrictions, anything bigger than a phone will have to go in checked...
Comments22/03/2017 #2 Anne Thornley-BrownApparently, it isn't about the devices or they would be banned across the board. The BC article says it is due to concerns that they may be used for terrorist attacks.
Wondering who else does business in these areas and may be affected. Canada is considering a ban too.
- The New Event App Bible is Out! Grab your free copy!
2017 is a pivotal year for event apps. Find out how new event apps and chatbots are innovating the event planning space.The New Event App Bible is Out!www.eventmanagerblog.com The Event App Bible Reboot is essential reading for every event planner, offering the most comprehensive overview and tips to implement an app or...
- 13/03/2017EHL Obtains Highest Score for Graduates’ Employability in New QS RankingsEHL Obtains Highest Score for Graduates’ Employability in New QS Rankingswww.businesswire.com Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL) has been awarded a survey-based score of 100% for graduate reputation amongst employers in the 2017...
- Eventprofs, what are your biggest lead generation and business development challenges?
How are you overcoming them?
- What steps do you take to determine your event’s Internet needs?
Here are 3 things that 2 experts from PSAV and Meetings & Incentives Worldwide feel you need to know to determine your event’s Internet needs.3 Things You Need to Know to Determine Your Event’s Internet Needswww.meetingsnet.com Bandwidth is just the beginning of the terminology meeting planners need to get familiar...
- 20/03/2017Hot off the Press! 6 reasons for #eventprofs to buzz over to beBee http://planyourmeetings.com/6-reasons-for-eventprofs-to-buzz-over-to-bebee My latest Blog post on Plan Your Meetings by MPI6 reasons for eventprofs to buzz over to beBeeplanyourmeetings.com BeBee seems to be a well-kept secret among eventprofs, even though it's picking up steam in other...
- 20/03/2017El primer ministro de India, Narendra Modi, abre la puerta de su país (1.300 millones de personas) a Airbnb y la economía colaborativa. Europa deberá ponerse las pilas ya.. no?. Airbnb CEO Brian Chesky meets PM Narendra Modilnkd.in Airbnb CEO Brian Chesky and PM Narendra Modi discussed a plan to attract more travellers from the Airbnb community to...
- 20/03/2017When you need to find inspiration for a corporate event, an event theme, or decor, what are your "go-to" places?
- 10 Unlikely Places to Get Creative Inspiration for Your Events10 Unlikely Places to Get Creative Inspiration for Your Eventswww.eventmanagerblog.com Stop thinking that creativity is a mystical beast and start seeing it everywhere with these...
- 19/03/2017So, event planners, as we approach the end of Q1 2017, how has business been going this year?
- Has your business been impacted by the political uncertainty in the USA and Europe?
- How about hotels? Are you still attracting a lot of corporate meetings, incentives, and conferences with overnight stays?
- Any changes from 2015 or 2016?
- Noticing any new trends?
- 18/03/2017Last Call for this Season: The Quest for Black Gold: A Powerful Business Team Building Simulation in Dubai (1 1/2 - 2 Days)
In these times of uncertainty, it is extremely important for companies to search for hidden business opportunities. This business simulation in Dubai gives teams a suite of tools to do just that. Here is how it works:
- Blog: https://executiveoasis.wordpress.com/2016/11/06/dubai-team-building-the-quest-for-black-gold
- 17/03/2017Interesting read: IHIF 2017 highlightsIHIF 2017 highlightswww.linkedin.com The International Hotel Investment Forum (IHIF) celebrated its 20th anniversary at the InterContinental Hotel Berlin. At this special...
- 17/03/2017Persistence. Persistence is the key to success in any role, especially when you aren't able to reap your rewards immediately.Dig Your Well Before You're Thirstywww.entrepreneur.com Success in sales comes down to your endurance for cold...
- 17/03/2017Looking to check Trolltunga off your bucket list? Read this hiking guide that has all the tips you’ll ever need to conquer this famous hike in Norway!
http://iamaileen.com/trolltunga-hiking-guide-trolls-tongue-norway/ #hiking #norway #europe #nature #travel
- 17/03/2017When we were in Phuket, we had a disagreement with a taxi driver and left our camera in his car.How things go wrong while traveling When we were in Phuket, we had a disagreement with a taxi driver and left our camera in his car. Read about my travels: http://travelwithmansoureh.com/ Join...