- Producer21/05/2017The Discreet, Enigmatic and Evasive GeishaIt was our last night in Kyoto and we had explored so many facets of this beautiful city's culture and beauty. The breathtaking splendour of Buddhist temples and Shinto shrines, the magic of origami, the calming propriety of the tea ceremony, all...
Comments22/05/2017 #26 Ken Boddie#25 The images of this fascinating country, Gert, were bursting to be taken by my trusty Canon. You are of course correct in your assessment that I took some time to compile these two blogs to date, but much of the time was taken up in choosing only a very few photos from the 1200 or so developed jpegs, taken over a period of some two weeks, so as to hopefully match the blog subjects. When the culture, art and scenery of the places we visit is so stimulating, preparation time flies past, as you undoubtedly know yourself. Thanks for the compliments.22/05/2017 #25 Gert Scholtz@Ken Boddie Along with your previous post, these are two of the most interesting travel pieces I have read. Fascinating information on a country and culture that is quite foreign to me, and your photos are superb. Thanks for taking what must have been a chunk of your time to compile these posts. Shared into the Travel Hive. Ever looking forward to the next Ken Boddie travel post!22/05/2017 #18 Ken Boddie#12 Thank you so much, Lada, for your compliments. I am glad you enjoyed this post. So many foreigners when travelling in Japan are fascinated by the kimono, which, when comprising a beautiful silk with subtle hues, worn by a woman with poise and maturity, is the epitomy of the Japanese female attire. To illustrate, I refer you to the two lovely ladies (above) who I photographed at the tea ceremony. The three young girls, however, who I shot in Tokyo's Hamarikyu Gardens (refer this earlier post: https://www.bebee.com/producer/@ken-boddie/did-we-miss-cherry-blossom-season ), although also beautifully attired, almost appear to be casually dressed by comparison, as is befitting of a stroll outdoors in the uplifting cherry blossom.22/05/2017 #14 Ken Boddie#10 Sorry, Lisa, but forgot to answer your query about returning. Yes, we have been back a couple of weeks but I am still working on those photos, which take a bit of fine tuning depending upon the weather, as I shoot everything raw and then develop at leisure into jpegs, using Photoshop.22/05/2017 #13 Ken Boddie#10 Sorry to disappoint, Lisa, but my memory was shot years ago. That is why I take so many photographs (approx 1200 on this Japan trip) and make copious notes on my travels. I keep a notebook, which fits neatly into my top picket, on every trip. This is supplemented by whatever print-outs I can accumulate on the way and, of course, Dr Google's serum of 'post trip truth'22/05/2017 #12 Lada 🏡 Prkic#7 Ken, I enjoyed reading your beautiful post that shows your many talents. You are a writer, photographer, and a poet. Poetry is shown in your photographs. Japanese culture and society are fascinating, particularly this mysterious aspect of Japanese life regarding Geishas, or Maiko and Geiko terms. Now I understand some facts about their distinctive dress, hair and lip painting style.
I would really like to experience the tea ceremony, dressed in kimono. 👘 🍵22/05/2017 #10 Lisa 🐝 GallagherWhat an experience @Ken Boddie! You sure have visited beautiful places and wow- your memory for remembering the meanings behind the terms listed above is amazing. Your wife is so cute! Are you back home now? It looks like you've had a great time. I had to laugh when I saw the photo of the 'tea house,' I must say it was discreetly disguised for sure!!
- 21/05/2017Want a unique destination that's just a 2-hour train ride away from Tokyo in Japan? Come to Niigata to enjoy its array of activities and taste the BEST sake and rice! GUARANTEED!4-Day Itinerary in Niigata, Japan — The Land of Sake, Snow, Rice, and Adventure! ~ 🍶🍙🌸 Want a unique destination that's just a 2-hour train ride away from Tokyo in Japan? Come to Niigata to enjoy its array of activities and taste the BEST sake...
- 18/05/2017🏔️ #ECUADOR IS AMONG TOP 20 COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD FOR #TRAVEL AND TOURISM https://www.parks-and-tribes.com/amazon-rainforest/rainforest-alliance-certified-jungle-river-lodge.htm Pls click to page to twitter like on page
- 17/05/2017Cumberland Falls - The Cumberland River plummets 68 feet/21 meters over a precipice in Southeastern Kentucky. http://www.familytravelescapades.com/cumberland-falls/
- 16/05/2017Which of these signs have you experienced in your career search? Did you accept roles with companies exhibiting any of these traits?Ten Unmistakable Signs Of A Cheap Employerwww3.forbes.com Ethical and capable HR people make sure that employees in their companies are paid fairly for the work they do. There is no business rationale to pay people less than the market salary for their positions. Every HR person knows the market salary...
- Producer24/04/2017Tales from Paradise Pt. 4"Paradise is a state of mind..." Alright, admittedly this is a “fluff” piece, a descriptive narration indulging in my reminiscing; but it’s also a reminder that we need to stop and “smell the roses” once in a while, to appreciate and enjoy...
Comments16/05/2017 #36 Randall Burns#35 Thank You @Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc. Much appreciated!16/05/2017 #35 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.deep bow this is art @Randall Burns16/05/2017 #33 Tausif MundrawalaYou did it. It was aa if I was reading an account of a diver and surfer in Reader's digest. Yes you reminded me of this wonderful magazine which has always been favorite of mine. Here is my relevant,@Randall Burns View moreYou did it. It was aa if I was reading an account of a diver and surfer in Reader's digest. Yes you reminded me of this wonderful magazine which has always been favorite of mine. Here is my relevant,@Randall Burns. Thanks my friend,@Franci🐝Eugenia Hoffman for tagging me. Close15/05/2017 #32 Franci🐝Eugenia HoffmanThis is great writing and a great story. Only 4 more relevants needed @Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc. @🐝 Fatima G. Williams @Tausif Mundrawala @Milos Djukic 😉15/05/2017 #29 Praveen Raj GullepalliMagnificent narrative dear Randall! I almost experienced it in 3D! You brought the magic, the colours, the mystique, the majesty, the might, the awe and the unfathomable deep blue sea and sky alive! Kudos! A meditation on blue literally. You'd make the Old Man and the Sea, proud! Thanks for tagging me @Lisa 🐝 Gallagher!15/05/2017 #26 Ali 🐝 Anani, Brand Ambassador @beBee#25 Thank you @Lisa 🐝 Gallagher for tagging me. No question about the quality of this buzz by the great writer @Randall Burns. It is music, fun, deep thinking, mental and physical travelling and wisdom fused together.
Randal asks in this buzz "wow does time ever fly by when you’re having fun"? Well, my answer is definitely yes. The reading time of your buzz is 10 minutes, but I felt it less than two minutes.15/05/2017 #20 Ken BoddieGreat intro on life's sinusoidal curve of ups and downs, Randy. I work in a culture of 'opportunities' rather than problems, where all experiences are greatfully received. But the concept of "balls to the wall" leads to "flying with fish" has me trumped. As for that hickie on the neck., can't see "got slapped by a flying fish" being a credible excuse with most partners. 🤣😂🤣
- 14/05/2017Rome is a treasure trove filled with rich historical landmarks & urban scenes. The best itinerary for this eternal city? Go on tour w/ an experienced guide!
#rome #italy #vatican #europe
- Producer26/01/2017How to Travel MoreI have been asked many times, including here on BeBee, how do we manage to travel so much. While we may not travel as much as much as many travel bloggers, we do get to see a lot. There are several ways to do this. I know a couple who sold...
Comments27/01/2017 #4 Brook Massey#3 Dean - All 3 Asian Disney Parks are on our to-do list, with DisneySea being the tops. It is supposed to be the best Disney Park in the world. We currently travel mainly by cruise, because we love cruises, and my wife has medical problems that limit her. Disney Cruise Line is expanding in 2020 with a focus likely on China. If we haven't made it East by then, we will have a perfect opportunity.
The off season is definitely less crowded. It is just a better experience all around in my opinion.27/01/2017 #3 Dean OwenI do the off-season always - not only cheaper, but way less crowded. I hope one day you'll be able to make it to the 3 Disneyland complexes in my neighbourhood! Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Tokyo. Hong Kong is great as the queues are really short despite it being a small park. Tokyo is great as you not only have Disneyland, but also Disneysea, which is more geared toward adults (they even serve beer in the stands), and Shanghai, well it is HUGE! Then pop down to Singapore for Universal Studios!
- Producer12/05/2017How Do You Mend A Broken Heart? A Visit To Beirut.. Welcome to Beirut, recognised as one of the oldest cities in the world where Archeologists have dated human habitation here to over 5000 B. C. This picturesque city is perched on a thin peninsula that meanders outwards into the azure...
Comments15/05/2017 #39 David B. GrinbergWow, Paul, you sure get around. I really enjoy reading these illuminating, informative and insightful articles.
Are you contemplating (or already writing) a book about your travels and all the different cultures you've experiences first-hand? Could be a good one. Keep buzzing!13/05/2017 #30 CityVP 🐝 ManjitBeirut the beautiful became Beirut the bombed and I am so glad to read this renaissance account of Beirut becoming beautiful again among the bombed structures. I have never met a person from Lebanon who did not offer great accounts of how life used to be, and to see this account mirror their sentiments is very good to see. Very well written piece, enjoyed the writing and the insight that speaks in volumes that all is well again, as it should be for this beautiful land and city.
- 11/05/2017🐢 #ECUADOR's CONSERVATION HISTORY READ HOW 20% OF TERRITORY BECAME PROTECTED https://www.parks-and-tribes.com/amazon-rainforest/amazon-holiday.htm Pls click to page to like
- 10/05/2017🐞NATIONAL PARKS TOURS ECUADOR COMBINE ALL CULTURE WITH 10 FABULOUS PARKS IN 10 DAYS Pls click to webpage & twitter. https://www.parks-and-tribes.com/
- Producer09/05/2017Travel Writing – Top 6 TipsTravel writing is all about writing about various places, travel experiences, people, family vacations, how to travel, when to travel, and advice on traveling. Travel has a long history since ancient civilizations. Today, it has become a frequent...
- 09/05/2017EXPLORE THE #AMAZON REGION OF #ECUADOR WITH THE COFAN TRIBE goo.gl/Cu3WzV Pls click to web page and share https://www.parks-and-tribes.com/amazon-rainforest/cuyabeno-loop.htm
- Producer08/05/2017Why National Parks ToursHi, I am Dr. Daan Vreugdenhil, aka the "Parks Man", a lifetime conservationist with a PhD in conservation ecology and CEO of the World Institute for Conservation of Nature and Environment, WICE. For 40 years I served organizations like...
Comments11/05/2017 #3 Chas ✌️ WyattWhile I am unable to take advantage of your offerings at present, I am definitely interested in many of these destinations. I am glad you have joined beBee. We share a love for National Parks and preservation of the world's many amazing panoramas. I am a tad bit envious of your lifestyle.;-)
- 07/05/201750 RESERVES 20% NATIONAL TERRITORY, WORLD's SPECIES RICHEST COUNTRY FOR SIZE #ECUADOR, BEST TRAVEL DESTINATION http://goo.gl/1Byrvn https://www.parks-and-tribes.com/national-parks/national-parks-and-reserves-ecuador.htm
- Producer05/05/2017A Kentucky Derby Infield StoryFAMILY TRAVEL ESCAPADES Where are the Horses?A Kentucky Derby Infield StoryThe Kentucky Derby is the headline event for the city of Louisville, Kentucky. The Derby is a really big deal around here. It is basically a local holiday with an entire...
- Wir organisieren auch großartige Vulkanwanderungen durch die Anden http://bit.ly/1nppfVF #Anden #Ecuador #Reisen
- Quito has 40+ museums & cultural centers http://bit.ly/1p1qWrP #quito #ecuador #museum #tourism #vacation #tourism
- Hypocrisy about safety in developing countries from western embassies http://bit.ly/1BBaHff #safety #ecuador #quito
- ECUADOR IS AMONG THE 20 GREATEST VACATION COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD WITH CULTURE AND NATURE. CLICK AND LIKE ON TWITTER http://goo.gl/WrqHpY
- 50 RESERVES 20% NATIONAL TERRITORY, WORLD's SPECIES RICHEST COUNTRY FOR SIZE #ECUADOR, BEST TRAVEL DESTINATION http://goo.gl/1Byrvn