- Producer28/09/2016OCD Pre-Ironman? *New Photos Added*We drove to Georgia to watch my son participate in Ironman Augusta this past week. I had a revelation over the past six days and I think it may work in my favor. There was a lot which led up to my revelation but it didn't smack me in the face until...
Comments01/10/2016 #42 Lisa Gallagher#40 I try @Donna-Luisa Eversley, that's all any of us can do. If we don't succeed, it's Ok, just have to remind ourselves that tomorrow is a new day. I think my family gives me strength- the love we all share is empowering. I'm proud to know you too, your a wonderful person Donna with a heart of gold!28/09/2016 #32 David B. GrinbergKudos to you and your amazing son @Lisa Gallagher, you must be so proud. His fortitude and dedication to setting and achieving challenging goals is indeed admirable. Obviously, he has a wonderful role model in you! Your dedication to beBee is likewise impressive and admirable. As they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!28/09/2016 #30 Lisa Gallagher#29 Hi @Praveen Raj Gullepalli, and one lucky mom too! Yes, I have to give my husband props for being understanding and I really do appreciate him! I agree, the names are fancy, aren't they? As I wrote below, we all have issues we deal with, it's how we come out in the end and manage them that matters. We can also learn from others who have similar issues, they may find ways to cope that work for us too, so sharing is a good thing. You picked up on something, my photos. I have to admit, my camera and love for taking photos takes my mind to a really great place and we have those great memories for a lifetime to keep viewing! Thanks for your kind comment :)28/09/2016 #29 Praveen Raj GullepalliA lucky Son. A loving Mother. An understanding Hubby. A beautiful tale of affection and concern...for being right and for beinng there for all. OCD...ADHD...all conditioned reflexes given fancy names perhaps? Take ten deep breaths ..slow in and out...each time you come up around a "bend" and mentally shoo the pattern away ;) You have a knack for capturing serene, still-life moments and landscapes with your cam Lisa...framed, those pics have the power to calm one down!!28/09/2016 #27 Lisa Gallagher#26 You were a big help @Deb Helfrich, and patient since my anxiety was evident even with my voice. I have to agree, writing about this in the sequence it began and how it ended on a very good note is very useful. It's useful because it helps to recall what works and I think, helps to lessen the anxiety knowing you accomplished something you thought would be tough to trod through.
Great terms, "What fires together, wires together." I find that to be so true. Remembering the positive lessons and repeating them before another event of any kind can help to re-wire what misfires.
I think the OCD that I was told I have is probably intrusive thoughts which was what I was told for years- those lead to anxiety. I'm not compulsive, so it's probably true that I'm not OCD. I think we can all be a bit OCD; life can do that to anyone ;-) Thanks for your well thought out comment and advice, very appreciated!28/09/2016 #26 Deb HelfrichI am so glad I was able to help, @Lisa Gallagher! I think you showed a useful part of the cycle by writing it all out afterwards, so that other people might take the same approach - it doesn't necessarily have to be published either, but the intention to make it clear enough to publish is likely important. I don't necessarily think you are writing about OCD at all. I think you are writing about certain strategies to calm your anxiety that have a chance to work.
Going over things ahead of time is a prudent strategy that airlines and doctors and firemen all do - it is an important career skill if you learn to harness and package it. But because of the anxiety overlaying the thoughts, you forget to do a checkpoint that will allow you to signify you've done your best planning, time to move on. Doing a post-event assessment is another useful career skill and it creates the concrete thoughts that can challenge the next set of anxiety and intrusive thoughts.
What fires together, wires together - which is not to say that there isn't a mis-wiring in the anxiety disease pathway - but you can slowly and steadily learn how to manage living with it so that you continue to be able to participate in life and show up for your loved ones.28/09/2016 #25 Lisa Gallagher#16 Hi @Paul Kearley, it's nice to see you! You're so right, packing my bags and doing this has helped me to realize I'm capable of facing other fears with less anxiety now! I love life and I refuse to allow my anxiety to rule it. I never allowed it to rule but it's caused me to slow down at times. Life is too precious and I'm grateful for so much! Thanks for your kind comment.28/09/2016 #24 Lisa Gallagher#15 @Dean Owen, you only sleep 4 hours? Oh wow.. I could not function. I need at least 6 hrs, 7 hours and I feel great. I have a friend like you, she only sleeps 4 hours and goes all day late into the evening. I must warn you, it's beginning to catch up with her. You could be right about the OCD thing, because as I noted above, I had a hard time accepting that since no one ever told me I had it before. I think my intrusive thoughts appear OCD like and my anxiety causes me to feel out of control, which makes me appear more controlling if that makes sense? The anxiety is real and stinks but I can power through it thanks to so many tools I've been given. I won't lie, there are days it's tough but over all, most people would never know I have it with the exception of the 'internet' now- since I made it public LOL!
- 23/09/2016Toni Franco participará mañana en el Ironman 70.3 de Lanzarote 2016jaraizdeportes.es Toni Franco participará mañana en el Ironman 70.3 de Lanzarote 2016. Todo listo para dar la bienvenida a un total de 700...
Comments26/09/2016 #9 Lisa Gallagher#8 I wish I would have produced better 'footage' of the event. My mind was fried today- it was 100 degrees F. @Ken Boddie and I was disappointed with my content after watching my videos. You need to do an an Ironman Ken, if you could run all day, you could swim, bike and run!!25/09/2016 #3 Lisa GallagherCc:@Javier beBee @Juan Imaz @Federico Álvarez San Martín @Jim Murray @Franci Eugenia Hoffman @Mamen Delgado @Ken Boddie @Donna-Luisa Eversley , sorry i probably forgot to tag many , crazy yet fun day today! Please share my live feeds, i did 3 total todsy, thanks so much!
- 25/09/2016Sunday #RunClub #lululemon #sweatlife #IM703Miami training is peaking! The group is dwindling...but we still roll! Never quit...always sweating.
- Producer19/09/2016TRIATLON DE LLANES TRIATLON OLÍMPICO DE LLANES Asturias is diferent ! Este es el resumen de lo diferente que ha sido el Triatlón de Llanes ayer en la distancia olímpica. Diferente por muchos aspectos:- Por lo precioso y único del paisaje, nadando entre acantilados,...
- Producer15/09/2016Live Buzz, beBee’s new video streaming toolbeBee has no limits with even more new services at your fingertips! Now you can make live videos with our new streaming tool Live Buzz. Give it a try! Log in to beBee from our new mobile app and share whatever you fancy with your hives: whether...
Comments09/10/2016 #22 Lisa GallagherAnd if someone doesn't care to have the video on themselves, they can turn the rear facing camera on immediately to video anything they find interesting. Its fun, and I'm enjoying seeing others, hearing voices along with a variety of places etc...people are sharing from many places. Live cooking has been done too, @Hugo Chinchilla just made a tasty looking dish Friday!15/09/2016 #4 David B. Grinberg@Teresa Gezze, kudos to you and the entire beBee team for launching this super buzz-worthy feature. I've shared here on LI and Twitter. This is great news!
cc: @John White, MBA @Matt Sweetwood @Paul "Pablo" Croubalian @Mamen Delgado @Lisa Gallagher @Dean Owen @Jim Murray @Pamela L. Williams @Donna-Luisa Eversley @Franci Eugenia Hoffman @Gert Scholtz @Ali Anani @Jim Cody
- Producer14/09/2016Entrenamiento de transición Comenzamos la mañana con último entrenamiento de transición #bikeyrunTodo medio listo para el domingo en el #triatlonolimpico de Llanes.Este tipo de entrenamientos son We started the morning with last transition training #bikeyrunAll means ready for...
- Producer13/09/2016TRIATLON DE LLANES ¡UN LUGAR ÚNICO DONDE PODER NADAR!El domingo Óscar Álvarez estará en unos de los Triatlones más bonitos del Norte de España, está será la zona de natación, un espacio espectacular, nadando por los acantilados. ¿Que más se puede pedir…? Acabar de la...
- 10/09/2016I watched Fireman Rob race in Boulder Ironman 2014. It was 95 degrees that day and he runs in full gear. The reason he does, here's a blurb, and you can read the rest of the story with the link I provide. "It goes back to the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. Rob had been a Firefighters for less than a year and was at work that morning. As soon as he heard the news he knew he had to go to New York. By the time he got to Ground Zero two days later, search and rescue had become search and recovery. For the next eight days, he helped comb through the rubble. Then, last year, before the 10-year anniversary of the attacks, retired California Firefighters Lorenzo Abundiz visited Verhelst's firehouse to talk about his foundation, Code 3 for a Cure, which is designed to raise money for Firefighters diagnosed with cancer."The inspiring story of Rob Verhelst – Triathlon Inspireswww.triathloninspires.com Triathlon Inspires – The inspiring story of Rob...
- 10/09/2016Triathletes, biking, Ironman competitors... here you go, if you can!Welcome to TriBike Transport | TriBike Transportwww.tribiketransport.com Default...
- 04/09/2016Sumando pequeños retos !! Hoy día de #transicionbikerun
Qué bien se siente uno cuando haces algo por tu cuerpo 🤗
Gracias @bebee_official @ita2santos @ujoao1 @castellicycling @nutrisport_sa @stevensbikes_pl por el apoyo en el #retoglobal
#bebee #castelli #underarmour #cadadiamas #entrenaconcabeza #training #triathlon #tri #bike #bikelife #running #run #ironman #ironmantri #ironmanlanzaroteReto global IRONMAN LANZAROTE Sumando pequeños retos !! Hoy día de #transicionbikerun Qué bien se siente uno cuando haces algo por tu cuerpo 🤗 Gracias @bebee_official @ita2santos @ujoao1...
- 03/09/2016🔆PON RETOS EN TU VIDA🔆
No hay mayor satisfacción que superarse a sí mismo, ir consiguiendo pequeños objetivos para alcanzar un gran reto.
Lo que más importa en la vida es la Salud por ello cuídala establece pequeñas metas ya sean en el ámbito físico, psicológico o social (muchas de ellas estarán unidas) y lograras alcanzar una gran meta o reto.
Yo todos los días me marco metas/retos mejorar personalmente y profesionalmente pero esta nueva temporada desde el punto de vista deportivos tengo un gran reto: VOLVER AL IRONMAN DE LANZAROTE 2017.
Gracias al patrocinio de @bebee_official y con la colaboración de @castellicycling @nutrisport_sa @underarmour @ironmaneurope podremos conseguir este bonito reto.
Pronto conoceréis más detalles del #retoglobal
#reto #retopersonal #superacionpersonal #metas #pequeñasmetas #salud #healthy #ironmanlanzarote #vidasana #entrenoprogresivo #entrenaconcabeza #cadadiamas #underarmour #castelli #bebee
- 01/09/2016No hay vuelta atrás ! Ahora toca entrenar y planificar el gran reto global: @ironmaneurope LANZAROTE 2016.
Gracias a @bebee_official @ita2santos @ujoao1 por el apoyo en todo este proyecto único y saludable.
#personaltrainer #triathlon #tri #ironmanlanzarote #ironman #retoglobal #desafio #superacionpersonal #retosaludable #enbuscadeunsueño #ironmanlanzarote
- 20/08/2016My son shared this article after he completed Ironman Boulder in 2014. I find it very moving and inspirational for every Triathlete. I think most of Triathletes working towards an Ironman Competition and competing in one will find this interesting. PS: The donation button is old- I didn't post this for donations because he obviously doesn't need them 2 years later LOL. cc: @Michael Dowling @Federico Álvarez San MartínTowards Ironman Boulder (140.6): Race Report - IRONMAN Boulder (8/3/2014)ironbrian.blogspot.com
- Producer09/08/2016A Busy Guy's Guide to Ironman 70.3 in 12 WeeksAWESOME! I am assuming you are reading this because you are committing to Ironman 70.3. This is big news…appreciate the size of this decision! If you are reading this before you have actually signed up for the race – please stop reading...open a...
- 08/08/2016Maybe it's time for more bicycle awareness? I have read one too many stories, this being the most recent of a bicyclist being killed while biking. Most of the stories I read about are due to road rage and lack of respect and/or sharing the road with cyclists. Many of the roads in Colorado have bike lanes, yet cyclists are are still hit. Today's latest happened during Boulder Ironman. This person went to race and will never return home to the loving arms of their family. Their family just lost a loved one today. This truly angers me and I wish we could collectively begin a movement to bring more awareness to drivers about sharing the road with cyclists.Ironman Boulder athlete killed by vehicle during cycling leg of racewww.dailycamera.com A 34-year-old Ironman Boulder competitor from Nebraska was struck and killed by a vehicle this morning while competing in the cycling leg of the triathlon on U.S. 36 north of Boulder, Colorado State Patrol officials...
Comments09/08/2016 #2 Lisa Gallagher#1 Hi @Robert Bacal, I understand what you are saying but my recent concerns come from many articles and stories my son has shared. Boulder and the surrounding communities are known for health and cycling. They have TONS of bicycle lanes [ separate from cars ] and I know the cyclists take their role seriously. My son has told me that there is a lot of road rage out there and many young cyclists have been killed. I realize accidents happen but many of these incidents are not accidents, they are rage related or irresponsible drivers. I'm not saying 'every' cyclist is responsible but most of them try to be VERY aware of drivers and respectful because they know they are easier targets- whether it's an accident or due to road rage and/or negligence. Heres a recent article- http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/25/cyclist-killed-hit-and-run-boulder-county/09/08/2016 #1 Robert BacalI know these kinds of cyclist fatalities are upsetting, because it would seem it should be possible to reduce the number of accidents, and I know cities are trying. And we should try, but also realize that so long as cyclists share space, there will be accidents and deaths. We've had pedestrians killed since day one of the auto. As both a cyclist and a car driver, I feel bikers need to realize the risks involved.
- 07/08/2016What you do when you miss your OWN Sunday run club? "Suffer in Solitude"! Just getting it done! #lululemon #sweatlife #ironman703Miami #olympic effort!
Comments08/08/2016 #6 Lisa Gallagher#4 That's great to know about the river @Michael Dowling! Wind, I think he is used to because he's also training for Xterra right now too in Colorado. How exciting about Miami, sounds like it's going to be a great race. Hang on to that motivation, I know you will!!!08/08/2016 #4 Michael Dowling#3 @Lisa Gallagher - Jillie and I did Georgia in 2014...it a great race and your son will LOVE the river swim. It'll be his fastest swim time. It's a fast course but the bike can be hell if there is wind. IM703Miami is Oct 23! We have the Chicago Tri (biggest in the world) on August 28)...it's a great event with HUGE numbers of participants. Yep...lots of motivation!
- Producer12/07/2016beBee Interview with: Michael DowlingThe goal of the "beBee Interviews and Introductions" hive is to introduce new influential members to the beBee network, and interview some of the more active and popular Producers on beBee. Is there someone you would like to get to know...
Comments01/08/2016 #54 Tausif MundrawalaGot to know you better, Michael Dowling. I like the fact where you mentioned that you take a good care about your health so that you could be around them for years to come. Keep up the good work as an interviewer, @Michael Hillebrand View moreGot to know you better, Michael Dowling. I like the fact where you mentioned that you take a good care about your health so that you could be around them for years to come. Keep up the good work as an interviewer, @Michael Hillebrand. Close16/07/2016 #49 Lisa Gallagher#19 I think that's a great idea @Michael Hillebrand. When my son did Ironman Boulder Newton Running sponsored their team and the marketing paid off well. They were also very pro-active with the team and the Triathlon. I still see Newton Running signs at the Ironman events.16/07/2016 #48 Lisa Gallagher#45 Nice, that you found a 50 mile loop @Michael Dowling! Your article was great about Ironman Boulder. A team makes all the difference! My son had an awesome team in 2014, not sure if the name of his team this year. He lives about 15 miles or so from Boulder so he had an advantage wirh elevation. Everything you wrote about, was relatable after listening to my son's stories and being there to cheer him and others in. You made great time considering you stopped in the tent, got sick etc.. Amazing time, actually. ~Swim, bike run, ya so much fun~ You've heard that song? I love it! My son did AlcaTri and put a video together with that song. Really enjoyed your blog, I will pass that on to him, thanks!16/07/2016 #46 Franci Eugenia HoffmanFantastic interview @Michael Hillebrand and @Michael Dowling. Michael Dowling, I love your attitude. What you say in the interview makes a lot sense, and BTW you have a beautiful family. It is great getting to know more about you, and you are an asset to beBee.16/07/2016 #45 Michael Dowling#43 - @Lisa Gallagher - Fantastic to hear about your son! Yes, I deal with road rage here in Chicago. Jill and I have found a fantastic 50 mile loop of paved bike trails we train on for our upcoming Half Ironman in Miami #IMMiami703. Wrote this article about Ironman Boulder if you want to share with your son. http://shiftwit.com/what-ironman-boulder-taught-me-about-management-and-myself/16/07/2016 #43 Lisa GallagherReally enjoyed the interview @Michael Hillebrand did with you @Michael Dowling! I was excited to hear you are a triathlete! My son is a triathlete too and finished his first full Ironman Competition in Boulder of 2014. He is also training someone with their goal to become an Ironman (woman, in this case). Your story motivates me to push harder with my own exercise routine and possibly change it up. My son has been posting a lot of articles lately about raging drivers who have hit cyclists, or people who just don't pay attention and cyclists are being hit. Do you run into this problem when biking? Beautiful photo of you and your family!
- Producer30/06/2016Why I Think of These Guys During Every Boston Marathon, and Why You Should TooCan a middle aged man, post heart trouble, with a special needs son run the Boston? If you asked Dick Hoyt, the father, his answer would be, “Yes you can!” In fact, he has run 72 marathons, including 6 Iron Man Triathlons, all while pushing his...
Comments30/06/2016 #2 Lisa Gallagher@jeremy weaver this is awesome! I can see why Rick and Dick Hoyt have inspired you and yes, I did cry. My son is an Ironman and will be competing again in July and September- his motivation, his father! My son's dad ruptured both patellar tendons and was told he'd never walk again without assistance. My son was traumatized by this but turned the trauma into something positive by beginning to run in Marathon's first, then deciding to overcome his fear of swimming in open water so he could compete in Triathlons. He runs for his dad who is walking without assistance but can't do much of what he used to, like biking for one- something the two of them shared for years. I have seen other fathers like Dick Hoyt during Ironman Boulder in 2014 running, biking and swimming with their disabled children and I watch in awe because that takes so much endurance and mental endurance as well. I'm happy you love to run and wishing you much success. This was very moving and I love when people share stories behind 'the story.' Best of luck to you in all your endeavors with being a Marathon runner! I'm posting this in the Ironman hive created by @Federico Álvarez San Martín which I co-administrate. If you know of others with stories that relate to Triathlons or Ironman Competitions please share to the Ironman (spanish hive) Would sure appreciate!! Thank you for sharing this.
- Producer30/06/2016Sports Writers are Intrigued by Affinity Networking Site, beBeeSports writers have become increasingly frustrated in recent years with their ability to promote stories on various social networking sites. One platform works well for certain aspects, and another works well for something else entirely. LinkedIn...
- 25/06/2016Hoy han caído 93 km antes irnos de boda !
Mi mejor marca 2 horas 50 minutos haciendo una media de 32,8 con un desnivel de 660 metros. Esto va hacia delante 🤗🚴.
#trainerglobal #beglobal #progress #mejorandotiempos #trainning #bike #bikelife #bikestagram #ciclismo #triathlon #castelli #preparandoironman #healthy #vidasana
- 19/06/2016'In July and finally commemorate his love for triathlon at his 30th anniversary of racing in Kona with the ZERO Prostate Endurance Team." What an amazing man with an amazing story. CC; @Federico Álvarez San Martín @Gert Scholtz @Dean OwenCancer Survivor Gets a Second Chance at Konawww.ironman.com 30 years after his first world championship appearance, Tom Hulsey has the opportunity to race in Hawaii through ZERO–The End of Prostate...
- 17/06/2016To all prospective Ironmen (women) & Triathletes, never give up. Many people have fears before they begin participating in Triathlons and of course before they compete for an Ironman Competition. My son in the video below had a fear of swimming in deep water. He joined a swimming team while in London and that's when he began doing Triathlons. Then he heard of "Escape from the rock," Alcatraz in San Franciso, Ca. When he moved back to the states that became his first big goal, to participate and 'swim from the rock.' He did it and from that point on he became an active Triathlete meeting Ironman Competitors which led him to competing in Ironman Boulder and becoming and Ironman. Make sure you face your fears if this is something you want to do, have a good support system, join a tri-team and rock on! Video Rights- Bill Gallagher: Videographer , Brian Gallagher: Video EditorAlcaTri XXVIII (28): Escape from the Rock!
Comments18/06/2016 #2 Lisa GallagherI posted a new post using the same video @Federico Álvarez San Martín and this old post popped back up? Anyhow, to those who see this, please check out the new Ironman (spanish) Hive and join if you know a competitor or are a competitor...or even prospective competitor. Motivate each other and share stories/tips!
Ironman in English and~ 100 buzzes
El Ironman es la prueba más exigente del triatlón. Consta de 3,86 km de natación, 180 km de ciclismo y 42,2 km de carrera a pie (maratón). Únete a la colmena y comenta todo lo relacionado con la gran prueba.----------------------------------The Ironman is the most demanding triathlon test. It consists of 3.86 km swimming , 180 km cycling and 42.2 km foot race ( marathon) . Join the hive and says everything about the big test.