- Producer15/01/2017Unwantaed Xmas Spare Tyre ?It would appear that since the car manufacturers realised that their Corporate Multinational Cartel buddies could sell you a mobile phone plus a roadside recovery contract if they removed the Spare Tyre from your car, many people now sport Spare...
- Producer26/06/2016The yin and yang of water, food, energy, population & climate.The nexus of Water, Food, Energy, Population & Climate relationships and the potential complementary nature of opposites that may just be interconnected. I originally wrote this after reading and endless stream of writings on the topics...
Comments15/01/2017 #14 Devesh Bhatten we show corporate backed experiments of greening wastelands.
It all boils down to proper land use, which is 0 here, I still think that residents and people born at a place have affinity with local ecology, mass migration to cities leaves the rest of the country at the mercy of rampant exploitation and one city near a river bank can be more harmful than a 1000 villages just consuming and dirtying everything around...But that is the definition of progress.
Ancient cities survived at river banks and were surrounded by forests, in their new form they are not fit to be at the riverside, rather use that land for forests and agriculture, and build a conservation model centred on trees, they clean air water soil and sustain wildlife.
Environment + economics + local sustenance, it is possible but the way you are considerate for the coming generations, that is no priority of the young here, not the farmers son, not the local village chap, nature seems like old world to them and they would sell it any chance they get.
If only we secured critical ecosystems while we Heal the cities.15/01/2017 #13 Devesh BhattI am from a populated country , India. I was born in the Himalayas, people here want mother nature to survive and thrive as it is.
While the world is being told about air pollution and receding glaciers etc , what I feel is this. The per capita consumption of this area is very low, our population pressure is also very low and the people have more or less taken care of their energy needs from.renewable sources.
Still the problem persists ...Why? People from the city are grabbing land, encroaching on forest land and cutting trees, making summer homes and resorts that have less than 50 days of occupancy... What they actually hurt is the underground springs, the strength of the hillside which earlier came down as soil but now comes down as rock.
Population control, reduction etc are a huge loop, despite all the planning, it's results would be evident after a few decades, what is a must right now is that populous nations do not ape the West blindly cause we suck at waste management and we have outright ditched traditional practices rather than filtering out local conservation practices which are community driven, cheap and sustainable.
Now if I talk about Delhi region, same problem, 60 million flats under construction next to the Yamuna river bank with less than 10℅ occupancy, rampant deforestation and agri land misuse. Contd14/01/2017 #11 Todd JonesGreat post Joel.
On the issues of water, food, energy, and population, it is population that drives scarcity of the other three resources and hence the most important element of this discussion. Research suggests that the planet broke the billion person mark sometime around 1800. It took 125 years to add another billion people. Then 33 years to add a third billion. We now stand at over seven billion, and are adding an additional billion people to the planet every 15 years or so. It is simply not sustainable.15/11/2016 #9 Joel Anderson#5 @Gerald Hecht As I scrolled through the link I found a twitter comment that called 400ppm a left wing conspiracy. Now I get it, I am a red neck from Kansas but holy cow (that is a gentle Kansas Euphemism for huh?)--somehow we need to get past the yin and yang of it all. Thanks again....02/09/2016 #3 Deb 🐝 HelfrichThanks for re-upping this with a link on the other site, @Joel Anderson. I have to simply make one tiny change..."complementary nature of opposites that may just be interconnected"
It is all interconnected. Every single bee - each literal and metaphorical bee - has a part to play in each of these global environmental topics because we are all contextualized within the planet Earth's ecosphere.
But here is the rub, as you rightly mention we are dependent on corporations to a tremendous extent to wake up and smell the humanity not the profits, but we've let them be exempt from concerns apart from increasing shareholder value EVERY 90 DAYS. Until we begin to challenge this concentration of financial and human capital within organizations more powerful than most governments, we are not going to stand a chance towards collaborating towards a sustainable future for the entire planet.
Capitalism is swell to a certain extent, but when it creates entities that can decide to take over the world's seeds, or introduce endocrine disrupting plastics into baby bottles to increase profits, or bottle up the liquid elixir of life and in the process generate waste that will last for decades we have to ask when will we wise up and ask for these organizations to have oversight ensuring that they don't jeopardize the planets future? That has to be the definition of 'good' business.
- Producer14/01/2017Afrikaans: A Short History...Of SortsAfrikaans is my home language. Spoken by twenty million people, here is the “alternatiewe storie van Afrikaans”…. During the middle 1600’s, the Dutch East India Company was the major trading company in the world. It competed at the time...
Comments15/01/2017 #10 Gert Scholtz@Ian Weinberg @Paul Walters Paul: I had the pleasure of having coffee with Ian this week and had the treat of being regaled for two hours by Ian's interesting stories. Somehow I think the two of you will enjoy each other's company. But please, if ever this were to happen, don't leave me out!14/01/2017 #3 Emilia M. LudovinoWonderlik! Hou daarvan! Dank u mijn vriend voor dit groot artikel. Laughing out loud reading your post dear @Gert Scholtz - being Portuguese and living in Nederlands I found it very funny. I'm already joking with my husband (Dutch) - he's a great sailor but I'm always me reading the charts when we're sailing. Now everything makes so much sense. Just love it.... Dankie!
- 15/01/2017We Must Learn How to Talk about Science--Fastblogs.scientificamerican.com Better explanations and more facts don’t lead to understanding, so communicators need research to figure out what actually...
- Producer13/01/2017The Spark of Enlightenment by Mahatma GandhiHello, friends. Andrew Goldman here. Hope you've had an awesome New year and already started achieving your dreams in 2017. I took a break from social networks to travel to the North of Russia. Pretty cold and beautiful in there. I also had the...
Comments15/01/2017 #11 David B. GrinbergKudos on this excellent and thoughtful buzz, Andrew. I'm not sure how I missed it at first, so regrets for that as I strive to be meticulous in following the latest buzz and honey. I did just RT it per @Javier 🐝 beBee View moreKudos on this excellent and thoughtful buzz, Andrew. I'm not sure how I missed it at first, so regrets for that as I strive to be meticulous in following the latest buzz and honey. I did just RT it per @Javier 🐝 beBee. By the way, FYI, I likewise cited the great Gandhi in a post I just wrote about MLK Day and how the historic civil rights icon studied and emulated Gandhi's peaceful means of protest. https://www.bebee.com/producer/@dbgrinberg/mlk-day-lessons-for-millennials-gen-z Close
- Producer14/01/2017I am a Beekeeper (Apiarist)I was fascinated by honeybees since I spent a summer, at the Ravanica monastery; the mother superior, was my father's friend and she and the orthodox sisters took me in when my mom was hospitalized with an illness. The Serbian Orthodox monastery...
Comments14/01/2017 #9 Pamela 🐝 Williams#7 David, I'm now following quite a few Bee organizations on Twitter and will try to get some followers from those groups through Paul's Growth Hacker portion of his App. Though I'm not sure I want to use the term "leverage" :-) I saw it the other way around: How can we use our 'bee' identity to help the pollinator crisis occurring around the globe.14/01/2017 #7 David B. GrinbergWow, Milic, you're like an bee encyclopedia. This is likely the most comprehensive buzz about real bees ever on this platform. Here's my question to all: how can bebee leverage the unfortunate fact -- now being broadly reported in mainstream media worldwide -- that bumble bees have placed on the USA's Endangered Species List for the first time??? http://www.nbcnews.com/science/environment/bumble-bee-species-declared-endangered-u-s-first-time-n706321
cc: @Javier 🐝 beBee @Matt 🐝 Sweetwood @John White, MBA @Milos Djukic @Jim Murray
- 14/01/2017#wikileaks #trump CIA Out to Sabotage Donald Trump and Wikileaks- Why?CIA Out to Sabotage Donald Trump and Wikileaks- Why? (Video) | Politicsbit.ly (N.Morgan) The CIA’s main job is to do the current regime’s bidding. When the administration is fair and just, American lives can be saved and American interests are not only protected, but can be expanded utilizing the CIA’s many skills. When...
- Producer14/01/2017Peverse Malfunctions Criminal Derivatives Public Office !The NHS have carted my mates WW2 Veteran Dad off to Blackburn Royal again and from what I have gleaned so far, perhaps he would have received better treatment in a JAP POW Camp with a Maggot lapping round an ulcer on your leg to prevent amputation...
Comments14/01/2017 #2 Gordon PyeEnvironmental NGOs preach Recycling, Recycling, Recycling, yet it would appear that the business plan of most of the companies trading in ( particularly the Plastics sector ) involves filling their warehousing to capacity then paying a third party to set fire to it in order to claim on the insurance !
The UK will need all the energy we can get to grow food in greenhouses during the forthcoming Little Ice Age, but the Green Fraudsters will have spent all our money on useless Wind Farms, even if we could trade the acres of UK Solar PV with Africa for food ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBfV5bDKorM14/01/2017 #1 Gordon PyeThe main phone I use is a 1970s Trimphone ( imitating the ring tone was all the rage when I was at secondary school, was even on ” That’s Life” BBCTV ) which I bought second hand for a fiver at Gisburn Auction car boot sale in the 1980s. still works OK except when its cold sometimes I have to JJJ Jiggle the switch to get it working when you pick up, but then it has been bathed in fag ash for 30 years !
Before anyone jumps down my throat I want to make it absolutely clear that I don't believe in Capital Punishment as Whole Life sentences are probably a far better deterrent. if it was up to me I would put all the key UK Global Warming Fraudsters on St Kilda with Solar Panels, a Wind Turbine, a microwave oven and a supply of tinned food !
- Producer13/01/2017Is Your Special Knowledge Actually Your Enemy?As entrepreneurs and sales professionals, we’re out there looking for new people to buy our stuff. We’ve immersed ourselves in our products and services, and we believe in them. We know that what we have can benefit the prospective client. We meet...
- 12/01/2017Human Family
By Maya Angelou more Maya Angelou
I note the obvious differences
in the human family.
Some of us are serious,
some thrive on comedy.
Some declare their lives are lived
as true profundity,
and others claim they really live
the real reality.
The variety of our skin tones
can confuse, bemuse, delight,
brown and pink and beige and purple,
tan and blue and white.
I've sailed upon the seven seas
and stopped in every land,
I've seen the wonders of the world
not yet one common man.
I know ten thousand women
called Jane and Mary Jane,
but I've not seen any two
who really were the same.
Mirror twins are different
although their features jibe,
and lovers think quite different thoughts
while lying side by side.
We love and lose in China,
we weep on England's moors,
and laugh and moan in Guinea,
and thrive on Spanish shores.
We seek success in Finland,
are born and die in Maine.
In minor ways we differ,
in major we're the same.
I note the obvious differences
between each sort and type,
but we are more alike, my friends,
than we are unalike.
We are more alike, my friends,
than we are unalike.
We are more alike, my friends,
than we are unalike.
Source:Human Family By Maya Angelou, Famous Inspirational Poemwww.familyfriendpoems.com In this beautiful and powerful poem, Maya Angelou, teaches us that we are all people, and so much more alike than different. How different the world would be if we all lived this simple...
Comments13/01/2017 #1 Joel AndersonFor those who read this I want to thank Susan Rooks for her post: Fireside Chats: Perception as her message not only resonated, it caused me to think of a little deeper on the perception front and reminded me of this poem by Maya Angelou. Keep making a difference in a world needing difference making.
- Producer12/01/2017Fireside Chats: PerceptionHow do others see you? How do you want to them to see you? What are you doing about it — now?I’m bringing this up because a friend and colleague, John White, recently wrote a response to a reader of his blogs who wanted to make more of an impact at...
Comments14/01/2017 #42 Cyndi wilkinsFantastic article Susan Rooks...I think the most important thing to remember for anyone bold enough to step out on that social media limb and publish an article about their own personal and professional insights is to remain "willing" to have a conversation...That means a willingness to be disagreed with and still have a respectful exchange with an even temperament...Even with the ones we refer to as "trolls." Personally, I think handling a situation with an internet troll in a respectful manor should be a prerequisite for any job;-)13/01/2017 #27 Paul "Pablo" Croubalian#23 LOL, I added a simplified process to my myTweetPack.com web app. Originally, It was meant for people who have many posts to add when they first join. It stores a tweet for future reuse and schedules out 4 a day for 7 days. Best of all, it's just paste and click.13/01/2017 #25 Loribeth PiersonI am honored to be included, @Susan Rooks. You are one of the kindest people I have met here on beBee and LinkedIn. I love the part "Spend 30 minutes a day building YOUR reputation as someone worthwhile in the business community. Interaction is the key to your success.
- 12/01/2017Romans 3:23 - For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. Many say this is why they cannot let God into their life. They have done to much, hurt others or themselves too. God can help them, they are lost. This of course is not true. What did John 3:16 say.- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. It does not say anything about your past. The "whosoever" is what all should understand. This means, you, me, everyone.
- Producer12/01/2017BMA Brainwave Constipated Latin !Perhaps the best way to assess the ultimate integrity of your GP is to ask your true friends who share him if he has ever started to deliberately baffle them by spewing Latin terminology to describe their medical condition, and if they do like Dr R...
Comments12/01/2017 #1 Gordon PyeToll Roads by Stealth just like using the Hard Shoulder to cut Congestion on Smart Motorways, and perhaps you get enhanced compensation if you settle out of court like my mate from Bentham in the corridor with David Eva ? at Manchester, and is Anna a mega Benefits Fraudster to boot Also !
- Producer11/01/2017The basis of intuition and the power of your voiceIn the last 5 years I have dedicated myself to taking my intuitive skills and making them razor sharp as well as understanding how it works and why. My dad asked me this morning as I was talking to him about some of the difficulties of living life...
Comments12/01/2017 #5 Max🐝 J. Carter#4 Sometimes frequently.
Example. Last week I had a dream of meeting a white wolf while taking an afternoon nap. Later that night I met a man who has a white wolf as his spirit guide and main totem for his own shamanic journey.
I have talked with many and I myself often have dreams that at times are the exact situation I find myself in later. A form of deja vu.
I have talked with some who have reported having conversations with another they both remembered in the morning though it has been a rarity for me to hear of this and I have not experienced it myself.12/01/2017 #4 Lori Mullins JohnsonThank you @Max🐝 J. Carter
So, do dreams fit in this world of an Empath? I mean, would an Empath have intuitive dreams? Dreams that also tell the story of others emotions and feelings? Dreams of conversations and things that either come true, or relate to an experience later while awake?12/01/2017 #3 Max🐝 J. Carter#2 @Lori Mullins Johnson thank you and I agree with you the "system" does a lot to take intuition away and force the ignorant belief that it does not exist.
An Empath in simplest terms is someone who takes on the emotions of other people as if they were their own. It can feel like wearing someone's personality.
Often it is the repressed or suppressed emotions that the Empath takes on which is why lying to them about how you feel is never going to work.
Natural born lie detectors you can't fool. Often in the life of an Empath who does not know what they are they will be made think they always get it wrong and there is something wring with the Empath not the other way around.
The same thing for a Telepath who has access to your subconscious mind and Mediums have had so many charlatans that the real ones find it difficult at best to be treated with any respect. I happen to be all 3.
An Empath once they embrace their born trait can develop the Telepathic skill. This is due to the fact that the subconscious works in metaphor storing things as emotional concepts. Language is a learned skill and none o us is born speaking any language, we learn it in our environment and that language is added to the subconscious programming.
This is why when someone is telling a story we will see memories in our mind coupled with emotions to show us we can relate to the experience.12/01/2017 #2 Lori Mullins JohnsonHi Max;
I believe intuition is certainly something that we are born with to support our survival in this world, however, it is sort of trained out of us when we are young, because we are told we have to listen to that teacher, priest, authority figure, hug the weird Uncle hello, etc... My intuition has certainly saved me many times from negative and scary situations, including being followed home after school when I was twelve, and a teacher giving me an inappropriate book with sections underlined in it to read... yes, in elementary school. The rapist that came to the door to borrow the telephone because his car broke down in college -now that's a story. I think we must raise our children to understand that gut feeling, although sometimes not correct, is valuable and worth listening to, even if you do not choose to develop it for more than that. I only recently read an article about what an Empath is, so I would love for you to define it in your terms. Very interesting, thank you for sharing this.
- 11/01/2017Revelation 3:20. Behold I stand at the door and knock: If any man (and woman) hear my voice and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. My question is, what are you waiting for. The time is right, he is knocking. We all, at one time or another, had or have doubts. Give it to Him and in time the doubts will disappear from you.
- 11/01/2017Learn, Evolve, Adapt, Survive: Career Tip from Hank BlankI've Been Aged Out Of My Jobwww.linkedin.com I heard a term the other day that I had never heard before.“I’ve Been Aged Out of My Job.” I have never heard or thought of that before. Maybe because I work for myself and if I aged out of...
- 11/01/2017This was my view from yesterday morning on the way in to work. Double rainbow to the west, great sunrise to the east and a Bald Eagle on its perch above the river just to my back. The simple things in life!
- Producer11/01/2017Kinder Scout Pontoc Pike PFI Highway HS2 Hell !I had the misfortune to attend yet another Chew Family Funeral this morning. I was finishing a Players Tooth Fairy Special so I went round the back of the Church in order to envisage where my Auntie Nelly's unmarked grave was located, only to find...
Comments11/01/2017 #2 Gordon PyeI have long held that humans are connected together via a Collective Sub-Consciousness for which probably the best analogy is Cloud-Computing, and which may explain why people of African origin have a statistically higher incidence of Mental Heath crisis given the wars there in recent times. Its probably the case that some people can see what others are seeing when they are smoking tobacco, likewise have eaten the same food and can hear voices and the screams of those about to die in aircraft crashes for instance, even if only in their worst nightmares.
- 10/01/2017Acts 2:38 - Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
- 10/01/2017#media #censorship The Most Important and Censored Stories of 2016 That You Never Heard AboutThe Most Important and Censored Stories of 2016 That You Never Heard About (Video) | Mediabit.ly (N.Morgan) 2016 will go down in history as the year internet censorship was fully launched. Targeted censorship that was designed to hide some of the most vital stories of the year, to keep the masses in the dark about the true issues...
- Producer10/01/2017True Truth-seekingScience has always been about the pursuit of Truth and the applications of that knowledge. Contrary to philosophy that attempts to find truth through logic and the use of premises that may or may not hold true, science relies on evidence,...
Comments10/01/2017 #2 Robert CormackVery good article, Zacharias. My rule of thumb for any writing is to look up at my wall. On it is the simplest, most effective sentence in the English language: "Jesus wept." Using that as a starting point, given any subject, we know first what has happened, what is controvertible. Something has happened that we can't deny. We can't subject it to interpretation, other to question the cause. In scientific terms, we have what we know. Anything we deduce comes from a solid foundation of observation. When you start from there, you stay honest, you stay factual. Thanks for your post.10/01/2017 #1 Ali AnaniI agree with your buzz @Zacharias Vougaris and your conclusions. My main take away from this buzz is "True truth-seeking lies beyond these extremes. Not in the middle, like a lukewarm water, but rather at a point that’s on a different line than the one these two points belong". This is a great idea as we normally tend to put the point between the extremes.
We shall know as long as we know we don't know. If a scientist thinks he knows just ask him how many chemicals in the human body we know? And how these chemicals interact? If we are aware of what we don't know then we start on the right path.
- 10/01/2017Romans 10:9, That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, Thou shalt be saved. Why? John 3:16, for God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. If you don't believe these things, you should be asking yourself; why not?
- 09/01/2017Want to get started in this Myers-Briggs stuff? Here is a test to try. It's called the Jung Typology Test . . . .
Share if you dare. . . . I am an "ISTJ" . . .Personality test based on C. Jung and I. Briggs Myers type theorywww.humanmetrics.com Personality test based on C. Jung and I. Briggs Myers type theory provides your type formula, type description, career...
Comments09/01/2017 #1 Edythe RichardsI have ENFP preferences.
Online "free" versions of the Myers-Briggs are nothing more than entertaining quizzes and should not be confused with an instrument with as much reliability testing and empirical research as the MBTI. But that's just my 2 cents.
If you believe your Myers-Briggs Type changed, please check out my podcast on this subject: http://atopcareer.com/why-did-my-myers-briggs-type-change/.
Comments09/01/2017 #3 Joel Anderson#2 Y que la intención de usar nuestras afinidades para unirse para hacer la diferencia para un mundo mejor continúe un paso, una persona, una afinidad a la vez. ¡Todos ustedes rock!
And may the intent of using our affinities to coalesce in making a difference for a better world continue one step, one person, one affinity at a time. You all rock!
- 09/01/2017Recycling: Trash Becomes ArtTrash Meets Art with Recology’s Artist in Residence Programwww.waste360.com To kick off 2017, Recology is gearing up for its next exhibition on January 20, 21 and 24, which features works of art from Ramekon O’Arwisters, Anja Ulfeldt and Jinmei...
Knowledge Lovers (Every Bee's Hive)14K buzzes
Every professional bee can join this hive to share, get, and appreciate knowledge. This knowledge can relate to any field: from business and management to art, science, culture, geography, philosophy, journalism, medicine, engineering, and any field or discipline. The content that are offensive, related to religions, pornography, and of any unethical nature are not the part of this hive. Knowledge is life and life is knowledge..