- Producer28/02/2017What are the alternatives to LinkedIn? Is it time to reassess the LinkedIn ROI?I created this post on LinkedIn and have shared with various LinkedIn groups. You might like to take a read and add your...
- 27/02/2017What do you think of my latest article? #Author #Feedback5 Steps for Turning an Idea Into a Reality Todaywww.inc.com Ideas are a dime a dozen, but sometimes there's a hidden gem deserving of a...
- Producer27/02/201713 DISTURBING things we Think and Do in the Social Media WorldReader discretion is advised. This article is not yet rated. HEHE! Here are some of the things that we think, do and don't necessarily talk about in the social media world. Even though these are not true for every single person, most of us can...
- Producer27/02/2017LinkedIn, WHY?I want to like the new LinkedIn interface, if for no other reason than LinkedIn has been good to me in the past. I’ve gotten two jobs as a direct result of LinkedIn. It’s provided a convenient and good publishing platform. The networking assistance...
Comments27/02/2017 #4 Christine Stevens#2 I've used the workarounds and thanks for the link tip. I hadn't done that one yet. For as many years as software end user testing was part of my ob descriptions, workarounds just scream "someone effed up" to me and I have a hard time swallowing them. And now that I've been watching the Linked in post count even closer, the more I think it is messed up. I know that more people have viewed this article on LI because I've talked/IMed with them, but my post count is not increasing. Something is very broken.27/02/2017 #2 Paul "Pablo" CroubalianWhat can I say that hasn't already been said? No fixes, just workarounds. The only advantage I see to the new interface is that automated status updates look better. More incentive to just stay away.
For your list of posts: Store a browser tab aimed at https://www.linkedin.com/in/christine-m-stevens/recent-activity/posts/ for anyone else, it's not constant. Sometimes you just replace "christine-m-stevens" with whatever your name is on LI in lower case with a dash instead of a space. Other times it's your name in lower case without the space. Try them both.
For me, https://www.linkedin.com/in/paul-croubalian/recent-activity/posts/ throws an error
I'm at https://www.linkedin.com/in/paulcroubalian/recent-activity/posts/
To see notifications without losing your place in the feed: Hover over the notifications symbol. Right-click and open a new browser tab. Might as well save a tab to that too.
I used to keep only one tab open to LinkedIn. Now, I keep 3 (feed, posts, and notifications). Maybe that's the point.
I get at least 4 requests a day to add LI analysis capability to myTweetPack.com No can do. There's no LinkedIn API to speak of.
I just suggest people use bitly links and continue promoting posts on Twitter. The bitly analytics don't come close to replacing what we used to get from LI, but they're better than nothing. Which is exactly what we have now. . . nothing
- 27/02/2017LinkedIn Reinstates Saved Searches After Desktop Re-Designwww.socialmediatoday.com As part of their recent desktop re-design, many LinkedIn power users were left dismayed by the removal of certain features, including advanced search parameters and the ability to search in...
- 27/02/2017Resharing for the newer bees that have recently come aboard.
Feel free to follow me on Twitter: @michaelranaii
Connect with me on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/michaelranaiiTop five reasons I love BeBeewww.bebee.com I field a number of questions on a semi-regular basis as to what BeBee is and what its benefits are. While I initially came to this network as...
- Producer26/02/2017LinkedIn: Cuenta suspendida o restringida. Causas y solucionesLinkedIn suspende o restringe cuentas como cualquier otra plataforma social, por lo que se debe ser muy cuidadoso y respetar sus reglas y normas. Si no se cumplen, puede que se restrinja la cuenta de LinkedIn de manera temporal o permanente. ¿Te...
- 26/02/2017I have a provider who is lending out Loan MT 103 cash wire, as well as Lease and Purchase BG/SBLC.
Let me know if you or anyone is in need of financial instrument.
- Producer25/02/2017How to SERIOUSLY get noticed on Linkedin Here are my 8 little, retrospective nuggets that I've implemented in the past year to have a real presence on this site.1. Market to all humans, not just potential customers for your business. Most people don't need you right this second for your...
- 25/02/2017Follow me..... Blog # 12.www.linkedin.com Follow me along the shore. The sun is going down, it will walk off the beautiful meal and wine we just had. I know ! Lets take off our shoes,...
- 25/02/2017Hello fellow bees. This morning I created this new video buzz on YouTube. Featuring 30 super-fantastic bees to follow!beBee, Successful Personal Branding. https://www.bebee.com/ Created by Jeremy...
Comments25/02/2017 #54 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.@Jeremy 🐝 Krier you are an awesome Bee.25/02/2017 #53 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.Oh my God what a beautiful gift thanks so much
- Producer24/02/2017Why Every LinkedIn Group Owner Should Consider Carrying Their Group Over To beBee.Today I read an article on LinkedIn by Samantha Bailey. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/signposts-imminent-diminution-linkedin-groups-wither-die-baileyIn case you don’t know who Sam is, she is one of the world’s top LI analysts, and someone who has...
Comments26/02/2017 #35 Phil Friedman#34 You are, of course, correct. And for the record, I am one of those authors who advocates complete moderation for professional and industry specific hives, indeed for all hives, except those established by beBee for "general" content in a particular language. And I am one of those authors who continues to share into those very groups which I argue should be moderated -- because I believe strongly in structuring the system to perform properly for all, and not relying on voluntary compliance, which only leaves the field more open for abuse by spammers and others who don't give a damn. Cheers!26/02/2017 #34 Lada 🏡 PrkicI think that Jim suggested a good idea that should be seriously considered by beBee management.
I also agree with Milos about LI professional group model of complete moderation. On the LI Project Management Community group you cannot find any articles that are not related to project, program & portfolio management. On the contrary, on the beBee professional (supposed to be) hives related to engineering and project management you can find stuff that shouldn't belong to these hives, from politics to recipes. Even those who advocate the moderation tools publish and share their posts regardless of the hive theme.
In order to have strong and thriving professional groups on beBee it is necessary to set up the hives in accordance with the LI model.25/02/2017 #27 Jim MurrayFor those who are curious, the idea for this post is something @Phil Friedman and the other Beezers, @Don 🐝 Kerr, @Kevin Pashuk have discussed and believe is essential to the future health and well being of beBee. It's not emulating LI, but doing what needs to be done for beBee to actualize its strategy going forward.25/02/2017 #21 Gerald Hecht@Jim Murray This different from the "Marketing To Women thingie"...correct?
I don't think bringing the group that ended up discussing that with me would have a pacifying effect...would be lively however...still, Crystal has a "hair trigger"...that takes some getting used to.
- 25/02/2017Melonie Dodaro, "LinkedIn & Social Selling Expert" - ",,,with so many important features gone, many are left wondering if LinkedIn's still useful with a free account...I do think that it's a mistake for LinkedIn to alienate its free users."LinkedIn Membership Levels: Free vs Premium vs Sales Navigatorwww.socialmediatoday.com Over the past couple of weeks, I've received numerous emails and messages asking me questions about the differences between the LinkedIn membership levels - Free, Premium Business Plus and...
- 24/02/2017The Single Biggest Mistake You're Making on LinkedIn (And How To Fix It)www.inc.com You must apply this age-old rule of successful sales if you want to win new clients and customers over on...
- Producer24/02/2017Top 5 Reasons People Don't Spend More Time On Their LinkedIn (And Why It's Vital They Do)For whatever reason, I seem to be a magnet for people that open up to me about why they don't use LinkedIn.Without having an intention to speak with people about the site 95% of the time, it still seems to come up organically in conversation. At a...
- 23/02/2017Google Launches Robot-Like Tool to Flag Hate Speech Onlinewww.cherylchumley.com Google has launched an online, artificial intelligence tool that will identify supposed “abusive” and “offensive” comments and hate speech, so that publishers and others in...
- 22/02/2017Jonny Diaz - More Beautiful You Music video by Jonny Diaz performing More Beautiful You. (C) 2009 Jonny Diaz...
- 22/02/2017By @Mike RanaLinkedIn and BeBee have their uses. Let's give credit where credit is due.www.linkedin.com Now that Microsoft has closed on its deal with LinkedIn, there are articles surfacing about the future of this network. There are also many users...
- 21/02/2017By @Aleta CurryIs LinkedIn the new Facebook? Well, I rather hope so.www.linkedin.com Written by Aleta Curry. Well, yes, I rather hope that LinkedIn will become a new Facebook. Let me explain. I’ve only recently seen Francisco...
Comments23/02/2017 #18 Aleta Curry#17 I do tend to forget that when writing, people can't hear your tone or see your body language, also that joking has a cultural component and can be misunderstood, especially when I get comfortable, and I am comfortable on beBee. All I can do is apolgise for any offence caused.
When you get to know me better, you'll find out that I've lived in a lot of places and the very last thing I do is put anyone's country down..23/02/2017 #14 Marisa Fonseca Diniz#13 The Brazilian government has policies aimed at micro and small businesses, but I realize that you do not know anything about our country. It is a mistake to think that Brazil comes down to football, Amazon, Feijoada and coffee, perhaps this is the image that Facebook has passed to you. I invite @Aleta to read a little more of the economy of Brazil. Sincerely, I was amazed by this response, because I participate in various international business networks, and I have contact with several professionals in your country, Australia, and they all know a lot about Brazil, they have never mentioned such restricted knowledge at all.
As for Facebook, I believe that it does not depend on their position of disclosure, not all Brazilian companies are interested in publicizing their brand there, regardless of the size of each one.23/02/2017 #13 Aleta Curry#12 I don't know very much about Brazil's economy - I can sum up my knowledge of your country in about four words: futbol, Amazon, feijoada and coffee* - but I would have thought that the economy supported enough small-to-medium business that Facebook would capitalise on that.
We have found Facebook highly effective for affinity marketing, for example, and we can target advertising to people who would (probably) be interested, by age group, by location, that sort of thing.
I should probably write a post about this.
*Okay, that's an exaggeration, but you get my drift.23/02/2017 #12 Marisa Fonseca Diniz#9 I believe @aleta-curry that facebook should work better outside Brazil, because here in the country the companies that use facebook the most to advertise products and services are in the area of digital marketing, the others use specific professional networks in their business segments.22/02/2017 #10 Aleta Curry#5 This from @Mike Rana:
Furthermore, it's up to the users of a network to actualize the purpose of said network and conduct themselves appropriately.
Yes, yes, and yes! - although it is also up to the site owners to create an environment where this happens, and to monitor it.22/02/2017 #9 Aleta Curry#4 I think your points are excellent, @Marisa, no argument from me.
I can tell you that I stay very focused on Facebook, I don't stray, I don't get drawn into arguments. I don't get a lot of scam and call girl posts, and by the time I see them and go to 'report', someone else has beaten me to it and the prostitutes are almost always already deleted.
What I did want to point out was that Facebook's small business interface and marketing tools have turned out to be extremely helpful; something I wasn't expecting.22/02/2017 #6 Javier 🐝 beBee#5 @Mike Rana I agree ! Every social network is different ! https://www.bebee.com/producer/@javierbebee/social-media-today
I always recomment to keep LI but explore beBee !
https://www.bebee.com/producer/@javierbebee/never-put-all-eggs-in-one-basket-keep-linkedin-but-explore-bebee22/02/2017 #5 Mike Rana#4 Both Facebook and LinkedIn are publicly traded companies, so profit and shareholder approval takes precedence over anything else. Should BeBee ever go public, they, too will have to abide by the same principle.
You're going to get fake accounts, scammers, and fraud on just about any network, and I would bet lunch that every social network quashes a large percentage of all three on a regular basis that we don't see. Some stuff will slip through the cracks, but that's where it's up to us users to bring the abuses to them.
Furthermore, it's up to the users of a network to actualize the purpose of said network and conduct themselves appropriately. (I.E. keep the political rants off LinkedIn) Let's not forget that Facebook, LinkedIn, and even BeBee have their different uses and different environments.22/02/2017 #4 Marisa Fonseca DinizIn my humble opinion, facebook initially suggested the approach of peoples, but I do not know if the same happens in Brazil happens in other countries, the network has lost focus and became a circus, where there are several false news, political demonstrations, biased attacks , Fakes, scammers, prostitution, envious and fraudulent business advertising. The same has happened on LinkedIn, where it lost focus on business, professional networking among others.
From the moment that the owners of these networks see only the profitability of their shares in the stock exchange, the initial focus has been lost and now everything runs free with no blocking, where everything is allowed. Social and professional networks that maintain this course without a certain objective tend to be forgotten over time, that is, they disappear from the map.
The general dissatisfaction on the part of many people opting for networks with a more determined focus is social or professional, and in this case I opted for these others like Bebee. Because businesses need to flow all over the world, but need to have quality, I do not want to have my business or my company, for example, associated with a network where users are more concerned about exhibitionism than content.
- 21/02/2017From my recent interview a snapshot of me and my book enjoy!!!!Here is my interview with Darryl Johnauthorsinterviews.wordpress.com Name Darryl John Age 49 Where are you from Cardiff Wales UK A little about your self `ie your education Family life etc I don’t have much family I have a Mum , Brother and Sister. I...
- Producer01/08/2016Join New "beBee Buzz!" Group on LinkedInThere's a new group on LinkedIn called beBee Buzz! You should join if you're already on LinkedIn. If you're not already on LinkedIn then please stop reading now (as this message will self-destruct in 3-seconds). This is NOT a group to voice gripes...
Comments05/01/2017 #67 Zacharias Voulgaris 🐝#65 It's this social medium that used to be all professional and serious, till people started using it as FB, while it started beefing up its influencer team by recruiting random people from the street. I visit it from time to time whenever I need to find things to be grateful about. Not participating in LI "discussions" is one thing that we can all be grateful for :-)23/12/2016 #62 David B. GrinbergThanks for sharing that info and link, @Aleta Curry. I knew it was bound to happen one of these days. It was never a question of "if" but only of "when"? Here's a bold prediction: by the end of 2017, MS will have "cleaned house" per the LI CEO and his C-suite staffers. Internal cost cutting measures and organizational streamlining will occur, just as with every major corporate merger. If the LI folks think otherwise, then they're just fooling themselves. MS didn't pay that huge sum of money to keep staff they did not hire in leadership positions. But, regardless, LI CEO Jeff Weiner and his cohorts already have "golden parachutes $$$" awaiting their early retirement. So don't feel badly for them when the ax falls.22/12/2016 #58 Aleta CurryFunny I should read about this LI group on the same day I find out that LI is planning a new paywall, which will block some of the functions which are now free. Or is that a gag? Is it April Fool's Day in December or something? Sort of like Christmas in July, and yet not? This may spell the beginning of the end for me on LIinkedIn.16/12/2016 #56 David B. GrinbergThere are 11.5 million members worldwide on beBee but only about 200 on the "beBee Buzz!" group on LinkedIn. Please be at part of the bee swarm by joining this group if you're on already on LinkedIn anyway. Once you join, your content can be promoted and you can catch up on the latest blogging buzz via Producer that you may have otherwise missed. Thank you for kindly considering this "Call to Action" and let's all keep buzzing!
cc: @Javier 🐝 beBee @Juan Imaz @Matt 🐝 Sweetwood @John White, MBA @Teresa Gezze03/12/2016 #52 Randy KehoI'm generally not one for joining groups, but it appears I have no choice on LinkedIn. Ever since I've been cross-pollinating beBee, I've been added to numerous groups I never knew existed, let alone had an interest in joining.
Apparently, thanks to re-tweeting some of @Milos Djukic's posts, someone at the Ponyter Institute thought I might like taking an online course to show me how, as a journalist, I can "cover complicated science stories in a more meaningful way." Thanks, but no thanks.
All of a sudden, I'm considered a copywriter, content writer, etc. Before beBee, no one on LinkedIn would give me the time of day.
Funny how that works.30/11/2016 #51 Sushmita Thakare JainI am a member of the group! :)
Also @David B. Grinberg would appreciate if you could go through my this week's post on my website http://efrinternational.com/need-creativity-innovation-entrepreneurship/ I have shared some thoughts of @Javier 🐝 beBee about beBee in my post.