- Producer23/03/2017How to Make Millennial Friendly Blog Posts Being the so-called spiritual successors to Generation X, millennials have the same need for self-expression. Technology makes all the difference. While Generation X saw the advent of the digital age, the Millennial Generation is defined by it....
- Producer04/01/2017Future Trends in the Hospitality Industry: Millennials and Social Media RuleFor the longest time, the hospitality industry has been this stable, undisturbed market where progress is steady and revenue is pouring in consistently, year in and year out. Big names keep on getting bigger, widening their breadth, tightening their...
Comments04/01/2017 #1 Deb 🐝 HelfrichLots of interesting assessments, @Judy Caroll. I would think any destination-tye resort would want to get in on the beBee phenomenon early. We are a travel essay hungry crowd and an easy place to source some really top quality writers who could rather easily be enticed to sample a package in exchange for waxing verbose. In fact, I'm completely available to help out any place in the Pacific Northwest looking for a thoughtful write-up....
- Producer22/11/2016Are the Millennials the new Hippies?I was born in the late 80s and that means I am a Millennial. But what makes us the generation we are?What defines us, the Millennials? First of all, we are always connected to the news and information and we are kind of addicted to our smartphones....
Comments23/11/2016 #12 Max🐝 J. CarterPersonally I am hoping the Millenials succeed where the hippies failed.
The hippies failed by allowing their movement to become about a lot of drugs and sex and more of a hedonistic approach to life not taking into account the effects of such behavior.
The edge of technology is something the hippies never had.
The Millenials have old hippies to talk to that the hippies never had.
There wasn't a generation that had tried before for the hippies to go to in times of need of guidance.
I am part of Gen X, the generation that feels guilty that we didn't do it.
I can think back as the hippy movement started making a comeback when I was in High School however we so brow beaten by the boomers, our parents we folded.
The Millenials have a lot of people that are older that are on their side that the hippies never had.22/11/2016 #11 Gerald Hecht#10 @Phillip Hubbell Where there was a sort of "official organization" for a time...Abbie Hoffman, Jerry Rubin...but ...yeah; their commitment (especially Rubin's, lol) to a "coherent program" seemed to: 1) have a short attention span
and 2) sort of lost motivation...and 3)...umm; oh wow man... I forgot what 3) was.22/11/2016 #10 Phillip HubbellThe Hippie movement in California was over before it started in Texas. It was a phase that lasted me from about the 8th grade until 12th, or from age 13-18. 1968-1973. It centered mostly around music and the quest for girls. In Texas, there was a fast car component, long hair, clothes. And speech patterns. It had little lasting impact on my thinking processes as it was fairly superficial. It was something to grow out of as adult needs and goals took hold.22/11/2016 #9 Gerald Hecht#8 @Randy Keho well --of course not all of the baby boomers were hippies; not all of those that were --went into policy...I think ultimately, it's not even about "hippies"...at all...it's about fulcrum points in history; a large demographic coming of age in a time of "bad craziness". People respond in different ways; to me the image of a hippie was that of someone who recognized/recognizes that the prevailing values at a given time are due for a recalibration...in a direction that is more "towards nature (the habitat we require to exist)" and less "towards separating from (and utilizing technology to conquer) nature...but I know...this whole Trump thing seems like such a bummer...and all these squares trying to bring me down with their rules.22/11/2016 #8 Randy KehoIt should be interesting to see how millennials evolve into politicians. The original "hippies" didn't do so well.
At President-elect Trump's request, Tulsi Garrard, D-Hawaii, a two-tour veteran and millennial, met with him yesterday, which is considered "bad form" as a member of the other party. He requested her input on Serbia and foreign policy. She serves on the House Armed Services Committee and often challenged President Obama and his policies. Talk of her being offered a position in the Trump administration is highly unlikely. However, she broke with the Democratic Party over their treatment of Bernie Sanders.
I applaud her for apparently putting the country ahead of politics.
- 27/09/2016Los Millennials confían en la tecnología como motor de generación de empleowww.ituser.es Según un informe del Foro Económico de Davos, aunque el 86% de los Millennials (personas que tienen una edad comprendida entre los 18 y los 35 años)...
- Producer14/07/2016Estás preparado para uno de los mejores festivales del año? No queda nada para el BoomTown Fair!Sobre BoomTown Fair:Como dice el nombre, BoomTown Fair es un festival tan grande y bien realizado que lo podemos llamar "Villa". Parece simple de explicar pero lo único simple de este festival es pasarlo bien.En beBee creemos que BoomTown Fair tiene...
Comments15/07/2016 #6 Carla Olvera LaraSi al igual que a @Henri me parece excelente que tengan una consciencia ecológica puesto que los festivales de éste tipo pueden llegar a generar muchísima basura y pues todo esta muy conectado. Me encanta que el concepto sea tan abierto hacia los diferentes gustos y que haya de todo un poco. Tendré que ahorrar para poder ir en 2017!