- ProducerGet Out of First Gear“Life is like a ten-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.”Charles M. Schulz Seems in life it is essential, to gear our mind for full potential. Please lend an ear, this you may want to hear.There is...
Comments18/08/2017 #7 Preston 🐝 Vander Ven#6 I meant to say "Stir the Honey pot". I apologize. This is the buzz. https://www.bebee.com/producer/@preston-vander-ven/we-all-need-to-stir-the-honey-pot18/08/2017 #6 Franci🐝Eugenia Hoffman, beBee Brand Ambassador#5 @Preston 🐝 Vander Ven, thank you for bringing this post back to life. I didn't realize this was my first post and surprised to see this goes back to April 2016. I am delighted you enjoyed the post and appreciate the share.
I have a question - is "Still the Honey Pot." a new hive?18/08/2017 #5 Preston 🐝 Vander Ven@Franci🐝Eugenia Hoffman, beBee Brand Ambassador I love how you said, "There is no boasting if we're only coasting." Sometimes when I reach a goal, instead of keep on running I take a breach because the harvest is going to come in maybe even for a few months. But, I soon realize that I have been forgetting to throw out seeds and that harvest was from seeds I threw out from weeks or months before.
This was your first post, I also wanted to share it to "Still the Honey Pot." New members may never get to read it.
- 17/08/2017I found this quite inspiring and thought I'd share it with you all. It's a 2-minute clip, from an interview of the well-known tech entrepreneur. Enjoy!I couldn't Get a Job Anywhere
- Producer15/08/2017Let there be integrity between what you teach and the life you live.This post is especially for people who are in the public speaking field whether as a motivational speaker, life coach, key note speaker, preacher, teacher etc. It was inspired by the following question I received from one of my readers....
- 15/08/2017We hire people for all the wrong reasons. When things go right, it's because people make things work even under the most difficult circumstances: https://goo.gl/K5sHQf.
Comments15/08/2017 #1 Numo QuestThe current process of hiring someone in 95% is the same process. Create buzzwordlist - Advertise - receive stack of resume's- process resume by software - invite 3-5 best - assessment test - Found rightful Talent.
In more then 75% of this process the aftermath is a negative experience. and termination often follows. The reasons are quite simple.
1. >90% of HR/Recruiter has no merits in field of acquisition. That means that they can not determine the Talents required for the job.
2. An eager candidate adjusting resume to advertisement. In over 55% it has been proven, in various of researches conducted, that candidates are more than willing to adjust their resume hoping that ....
3. Software used ... Software used is programmed to act upon data entered by HR professional or recruiter. The software isn't recognizing tale and terms 'of the trade'. The software isn't capable to distinguish flawed resume. It only act upon entered buzzwords and requirements.
4. Assessment methods used. These are very dangerous for use. It only provides a momentum of the candidate and it doesn't recognize flaws or frauds. It only states what the candidates on that moment is entering. The outcome may vary from interpretation pending the assessor's eye.
5. There is no tool looking at the personal natural Talents and Soft skills to compare with the working past of the candidate.
Since discrimination starts very early in the process the chance NOT finding the desired TALENT statistically is > 93%. Yet, still many HR professionals and recruiters still hyping they have the best tools for the job? Puzzled here. Power@numoquest.nl
- 08/08/2017SNJ : T-1836 : THE POWER OF PARADIGMS (Change Your Thoughts & You Change Your Actions)
“Part of making good decisions in business is recognizing the poor decisions you’ve made and why they were poor.”
- Warren Buffett
- Producer08/08/2017My tryst with Hindi (Indian Language)My tryst with Hindi (Indian Language) As a completely undistinguished student during my academic years, I have contributed significantly to the birth and growth of acidity, colitis and other anxiety related ailments that my mother currently suffers...
- 05/08/20175 Essential Qsrjaofficial.wordpress.com Here are the 5 very important questions, secrets, and keys to life &...
- Producer05/08/2017Declining OpportunityMost people would think you are crazy for declining a new position at your job. Most would probably be correct.What do you do when your mentor at your job, your supervisors, and your manager all think you should apply for a position that just...
Comments05/08/2017 #8 Lisa VanderburgI've only ever worked as my own boss, which means I'm actually 12 years old but look a little older :)
But I so applaud your rationale @Lance 🐝 Smith. No matter what, we have to live with 'ourselves', as @Pascal Derrien and @Harvey Lloyd and @Jim Murray allude to, in a much more eloquent way. If we spend that (whatever) HUGE percent of our lives working, it's rare and fabulous to know we don't HATE our job!05/08/2017 #7 Jim MurrayGood post @Lance 🐝 Smith. A lot of people don't look at it that way, because they are not interested in eventually being on their own. Before I left the adverting agency business, I did a lot of work at night on freelance clients to build up a bit of a roster that I could service when I did go on my own. And your point is well taken in that the time you have to build a brand for yourself is actually worth more than the few bucks an hours that the higher salary would net you.05/08/2017 #2 Harvey LloydSome great thoughts on how to approach opportunity. I think folks sometimes get caught up in other folks dreams of opportunity, while not considering their own needs and goals.
Bartering time for money is a choice that should align with values, goals and personal strengths.
- 05/08/2017With some direction from Hank Norman, http://hanknorman.guru/, I re created this video. Titled: "I want you to procrastinate"I want you to procrastinate - Take 2 With some direction from Hank Norman, I have created this updated version. Re-recorded the music, re-edited the video, and re-recorded the word...
- Producer03/08/2017StrengthYou can do all things through Christ which strengthens you. Evangelist Kenneth Copeland hit the nail on the head when he declared that this verse in Philippians 4:13 should read, you can do all things through the Anointed One and His anointing which...
- Producer02/08/2017Think Motivational Quotes Don't Make A Difference in Marketing?When things get tough, many people turn to a motivational quote for a bit of inspiration. Some of these pithy sayings have become celebrated parts of society’s lexicon. Not me, I figured it was too superficial. My particular loss seemed...
Comments06/08/2017 #6 Dorothy Cooper#3 Pascal, look me up on Twitter and there are some great Twitter Chats with some very bright and enthusiastic people from around the world. Tweet to me and I will give you a list and not all who quote may be worthy of the quotation. So I invite you to join in and sometimes offering quotes on a subject may escape the pedestrian canned advice. Be Well, Dorrie I appreciate you stopping by my blog.06/08/2017 #5 Dorothy Cooper#2 I appreciate the kind words, lately, the healthcare bills in the Congress would impact me and many other people with disabling conditions. My arthritis is very challenging since it is progressive. I retired and now I feel that I must retool my skills and my knowledge to contemplate remaining financially viable.
Be Well, Dorrie05/08/2017 #4 Dorothy CooperThanks, David, I know Marsha is very selective about what she adopts and I do not quite understand what "Thrive Global" is in terms of product or movement, however, I do see that might be of interest to her and she wants to grow her Instagram following. She also feels strongly about certain social causes but I bet she might like to be interview on @beBee. Let me know if I can help.03/08/2017 #3 Pascal DerrienWhen sharing your personal journey you made it easier to relate to Marsha I have a presence on twitter but doing the bare minimum there actually I don't fully understand that platform. Now on the quotes side of things I read a few last week that resonated with me but maybe because they were coming from people I respect I found that the same quotes coming from marketers may leave me cold is it the power of the quote or the channel it does emanate from I don't know that make them powerful? :-)03/08/2017 #1 David B. GrinbergThanks Dorothy for sharing that moving story in the first part of this buzz and introducing us to Marsha Wright, for those not familiar with her. I also like all the great sayings which very inspirational! Maybe we can get Marsha to join beBee, how cool would that BEE?
- 01/08/2017The human mind, under pressure, falls apart unless we have in place a framework and some essential mental training.Organized Thinking Under Impossible Conditionsgoo.gl Learning to operate under pressure requires that we understand how we...
- 01/08/2017🎙 Maximize your actions with the time you have, stop worrying about how MUCH you have.
#nonegativity #positivity #haters #entrepreneuerwoman #hustle #patience #entrepreneur #lifelessons #business #TakeAction #longgame #millionairemindset #10x #10xgrowthcon #motivation #inspiration #takeaction #solveproblems #positivevibes #positivity #give #selfawareness #10xmillennial
- 28/07/2017What makes you happy outside of work? What passions do you pursue? It's always good to remember who we are and what makes us tick along with smile in order to keep moving forward. What makes me happy? I'm happy when others are happy. I'm elated whenever I spend time with my grandchildren, children and immediate family. Photography is my drug, it brings me to a peaceful place deep within my soul. The Ocean renews my soul and I try to find a way to visit the coast once a year if possible. Please share your passions and have an awesome Friday. A photo of the bridge crossing into my town over the Allegheny River. Please share your passions!
Comments29/07/2017 #15 Lisa 🐝 Gallagher#14 @Jim Murray, do you keep a collection online somewhere? I'd love to see them. Really enjoy looking at others photos too! I feel naked without my camera. I was posting to instagram alot but I haven't used it in a while. I have a ton of photos there and on Facebook in albums. I think when the new platform rolls out we may be able to do something similar on beBee?28/07/2017 #10 Lisa 🐝 Gallagher#9 I'm glad you enjoyed this @Franci🐝Eugenia Hoffman, beBee Brand Ambassador, that was my intent when I posted it last evening. Ah, quaint Mountain towns are always fun, I can see why they would be a passion of yours! I've been on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Va, very pretty. You have a great weekend too!28/07/2017 #7 David B. GrinbergHappy Friday Lisa! What a nice buzz with such a positive message and beautiful photo. My passions are broad and diverse. In addition to Nicole -- my amorcita and "better half" -- some of passions include: sunsets, writing, national politics, nature/environment, space/cosmology, beaches, ocean/water, new technology (VR/AI/IoT/Nano/Robotics/Quantum Computing). That usually keeps my preoccupied when I have some free time.
I wish you a wonderful weekend, Lisa. Also, I'm most grateful for your exemplary social media marketing and cross-channel pollination of beBee. You are a kind and generous person who always goes out of her way to support others. Thus, thank you for being YOU!28/07/2017 #6 Lisa 🐝 Gallagher#5 Its wonderful when you love your career so much that it becomes your passion! Thanks for sharing @Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. International Management, Certified Executive Coach. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.28/07/2017 #5 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. International Management, Certified Executive Coach. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.I just realized that I mentioned writing and coaching, part of my professional activities, but I love these two so much that I do not even consider them as work ;-).28/07/2017 #3 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. International Management, Certified Executive Coach. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.tell Lisa what your passion is!28/07/2017 #2 Liesbeth Leysen, MSc. International Management, Certified Executive Coach. Brand Ambassador beBee, Inc.Love that picture, Lisa! My passion is writing and also coaching (I love to support others), I am inspired by the beauty of nature and I absolutely adore the sea, and last but not least, love is something that truly keeps on capturing my attention!
- 28/07/2017🎙 You have been consuming for so long. It is now time to create. Put your dent in the universe.
#nonegativity #selfawareness #goals #entrepreneuerwoman #hustle #patience #work #lifequotes #naysayers #business #onelife #10x #CrushIt #MotivationalQuotes #NoComplaining #10xmillennial
- 24/07/2017What Have You Got to Lose?corygalbraith.com I have a good friend who has been unemployed for 2 years. He’s smart and can be very charming, when he wants to be. His expectations have always been high, so he has said no to a few...
- 23/07/2017A life lived without purpose or meaning doesn't last half as long. Dive in and see if you've truly discovered yours: https://goo.gl/xcGr88
- 21/07/2017Some inspiration for the weekend...Genius Is Not about Excelling at Something—It's about Doing Things Differently | Eric Weinstein We want our surgeons to be excellent. We wants our classical music performers to be excellent. But do we really want excellence everywhere? This is the...
- 20/07/2017Great talk about the benefits of StoicismWhy you should define your fears instead of your goals | Tim Ferriss The hard choices -- what we most fear doing, asking, saying -- are very often exactly what we need to do. How can we overcome self-paralysis and take...
- "SHED what's DEAD; The Importance of Letting Go"
- 18/07/2017Increased self-discipline leads to greater self-control, more happiness and higher levels of productivity. And it's an easy thing to do.This One Thing Will Make You More Self-Disciplined and Happier in Your Lifethesnipermind.com An easy way to increase self-discipline and become happier and more productive in your...
Comments14/07/2017 #1 CityVP 🐝 ManjitMy only caveat is that we already exist in a heavily PUSH society where people are taught to get themselves noticed in what becomes an arms race for attention. A lot of energy is expended through PUSH and it is in some ways a bit like a pyramid scheme, the people pushing at the top are gaining the lion share of the advantage.
It is important to balance or at least find an different mindset and rather than push back at the push society, find a new space which is PULL. Personally I think PULL is far more powerful than PUSH. I don't see PULL as an alternative to push, only a way of thinking differently.
PUSH will always be a dominant feature of a dog-eat-dog society, there is no getting away from that, but with PULL we can try to become a little bit more human and little less dog.