- 14/01/2017This is a song about trying to live your life without letting the bullshit of the world weigh you down. I have been very lucky in my life, that since about the age of 17, I have been able to do exactly what I felt I was meant to do. I have loved every minute of it. The joy and the pain. Because you can't have one without the other. It's been a rich career that still goes on, and hobby that I have never gotten tired of.
- 23/12/2016Lousy Miscreant Globalist Bureaucratic MoronsNew legislation could mark the end of bike racing in UKwww.bennetts.co.uk Joint statement from the Motorcycle Industry Association (MCIA), the Amateur Motor Cycle Association (AMCA) and the Auto-Cycle Union (ACU) highlights plight of industry after Government consultation...
- 18/12/2016"98% of all motorcycles ever sold are still on the road.
The other 2% made it home". - Anonymous (not the It guys but the other Anon)
- 17/12/2016The Harley Davidson WR was a purpose built factory Racer - stripped down and lightened for the fast times around the track. Nearly everything decorative was stripped off the bike to maximize the power to weight ratio. The oil reservoir was removed and part of the chopped 'gas tank' was slaved for the black go juice that cools the motor. As it was a dirt tracker, even the front brakes are gone. (front brakes on dirt are rarely your friend - doubly so at speeds approaching 90 mph) And of course the batter was tossed our as well.
Powering the scoot down the straight aways is a 750cc side valve motor - grinding out the gears by a hand shift. Rolling meats at the ends were knobby 19 inchers instead of the 16 road going models.
The style is finished out with a springer front end, low bars and short cut exhaust.
This will probably be my next bike, though in street mod trim with the required lights and license - and keep that passenger leather pillion off my ride. The orange can stay. The ride from the 40's still looks great today.
Comments07/12/2016 #1 Zacharias Voulgaris 🐝Also, if they seem to enjoy building stuff on their computer, consider signing them up for a coding class. Creative Coding for Kids (CC4K), for example, offers such classes in a number of schools in WA state and Hawaii. I'm sure there are similar companies in other parts of the country and possibly abroad.
- 21/11/2016Me Wearing my favorite outfit #beBeeFashion I am wearing the 2006 FLSTFSE Fat Boy Screaming Eagle Limited Edition - 1 of 1000 in that color. ok - the Hawaiian shirt is a Harley Item too.
- 23/10/2016Moto Music - down in Flames
and no gettin away from it when the time comes.Chris Isaak - Down In Flames Lyrics (2015) HQ Lyrics: Kennedy got it in a Lincoln Caesar got it the back Somebody told me Hank Williams died in his Cadillac Everybody's gotta go sometime Sooner or later...
- Producer14/10/2016Harley Davidson 2017 Models and the Alphabet SoupWhen you walk into the showroom of a Harley Dealership – it is easy to be blinded by all the chrome, the shiny paint, custom accessories and the wide array of different models to choose from. There are six different frame families and for the model...
- 10/10/2016Moto Life - the lighter side of Harley Davidson: The Street and Sportster Modelsbrian mckenzie on Twittertwitter.com “Harley-Davidson Alphabet Soup Demystified via...
- 10/10/2016Ah, the days of Harley - I do miss them.
PS - never start a bike without grabbing the clutch - that green neutral light is not your friend.New 2016 Harley Davidson Sportster Seventy-Two Contact 1-888-643-6024. For more information on Price, Colors, Specs and Reviews click on http://www.pcbharley.com http://tinyurl.com/PCB-New-Bikes See more...
- Producer04/10/2016Rodger Dodger BobberIt is once again my favorite time of year. The first chilly mornings have appeared, the trees are starting to announce the coming of fall with their leafy fireworks of orange, red, yellow, Summer Love has proven yet again to be transient – dying –...
- Producer26/09/2016The Indian Rides AgainNow is the time of year that all the Motorcycle Manufactures all announce their new model year line up. The American offerings for Harley-Davidson, Victory and Indian have all be announced. While the new bikes have many of the styling cues of...
Comments01/10/2016 #13 Brian McKenzie#12 @Gert Scholtz For a while - Indian was indeed built in India. When America closed its production and brand ownership in 1953, Royal Enfield picked it up....and produced 'Indian' motorcycles in INDIA. The US market never saw them, but they were globally well exported and supported. Today's Enfield Bullet still has the styling and power of the 50's era. * Watch here soon - I will write up a post on their scoots. Thanks for the inspiration30/09/2016 #9 Randy KehoI noticed a lot more Indians on the road this past summer. Aren't they going through a bit of a renaissance, while Harley's are dropping off? I once had an awesome Indian cigarette lighter that I picked up at the annual trade show in Chicago. Lost the damn thing somewhere, belt-clip case and all. Felt sick about it for days. Stopped at the local Harley dealer when I was living in Florida and they had a bike used during WWII on display. Olive green, brown-leather saddle bags, and rifle case. But, what really caught my attention, was the fact that it had a decal that represented my father's tank destroyer unit. The circular patch featuring a black leopard with tank tracks in its mouth. I took some pictures. He wasn't impressed. Said it was a long time ago and he'd never seen one. Oh, well. @Brian McKenzie
- 21/09/2016Moto Music Approved - The Loadout - Stay
Just another fkn town, another night, another country,, another year
.Jackson Browne, "The Load-Out/Stay" Tracks 9–10 from his album "Running on Empty" (1977). Track 9 ("The Load-Out") composed by Jackson Browne and Bryan Garofalo and track 10 ("Stay") composed...
- 20/09/2016Moto Music - A 40 year old riff from a life that I have fought to avoid with my entire being; from the first time I heard it in 1978.
I was never fit for the corporate cubicle maze , the girl, nor the legal tender.
Give me the road, give me fuel, give me the grand NOTHING that I know is the heart of life.Jackson Browne - The Pretender + lyrics Jackson Browne - The Pretender Lyrics: I'm going to rent myself a house In the shade of the freeway I'm going to pack my lunch in the morning And go to work...
- 19/09/2016Moving away from instruments for a bit...
Look what I found in the parking lot today. Love a shiny bike...
Taken with my Samsung Galaxy Note5 and tweaked in Adobe Lightroom and Google's Nik Collection.
Comments20/09/2016 #2 Brian McKenzie@Kevin Pashuk the ass end of the shiny air cleaner looks Honda-ish. I had a 96 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 that I took all the badges off of - and put hella loud exhaust on - people thought it was a Harley All Day Long I had a friend paint "FAT DUDE" on the tank in Harley Scroll Font.....I sold it for more than I paid for it.
- 18/09/2016Teaser - Old School Motorcycle Company
A nice line up of classic styling and new technology ~ available in Knuckle, Pan, Shovel or Evo Block configurations; with a choice of rigid or sprung rear ends and HydroGlide and Springer front ends.
Dress it they way you want from the ground up - built to suit - ready to ride.
- 16/09/2016Coming from the heart of Arizona is a set of motorcycles that really strike a cord with me and celebrate the iconic heritage and history of American V-Twin rides. Old School Motorcycle Company specializes in building bikes that have the look, feel, style and tradition of motorcycles from yesteryear, but are rolling today's technology, safety and modern manufacturing.
Each is handbuilt with the customer's moto dreams in mind. You can custom order paint of course, but more so - engine displacement, transmission gear sets, front suspension choices of HydroGlide or Springer while the rear is able to be shod in a period correct rigid or DuoShock sprung swingarm. For motors - you can select new versions of Pan, Shovel, Knuckle even Evo powerplants for your scoot. Additional accessory chooses are also found in insturments, levers, decorative chrome, exhaust and of course saddlebags and windshields.
Look for a full rundown of the bikes to come shortly. Until then, if you are not impressed by the 'New Black' from the big box manufactures - it is time to order what sets your heart on fire and calls you to the road.Production Motorcycles | Old School Motorcycle Co.www.oldschoolmotorcycles.com Old School Motorcycle Company LLC is a premier manufacturer of production motorcycles. Call 602-368-1917 today to learn...
- 10/09/2016Moto music - A little Baja should fall into every life.Dierks Bentley - Somewhere On A Beach "Somewhere On A Beach" available now http://umgn.us/SomewhereOnABeach Pre-order the new album Black coming in May. http://www.dierks.com/ Music video by...