Comments07/12/2016 #1 Zacharias VoulgarisAlso, if they seem to enjoy building stuff on their computer, consider signing them up for a coding class. Creative Coding for Kids (CC4K), for example, offers such classes in a number of schools in WA state and Hawaii. I'm sure there are similar companies in other parts of the country and possibly abroad.
- 21/11/2016Me Wearing my favorite outfit #beBeeFashion I am wearing the 2006 FLSTFSE Fat Boy Screaming Eagle Limited Edition - 1 of 1000 in that color. ok - the Hawaiian shirt is a Harley Item too.
- 23/10/2016Moto Music - down in Flames
and no gettin away from it when the time comes.Chris Isaak - Down In Flames Lyrics (2015) HQ Lyrics: Kennedy got it in a Lincoln Caesar got it the back Somebody told me Hank Williams died in his Cadillac Everybody's gotta go sometime Sooner or later...
- Producer14/10/2016Harley Davidson 2017 Models and the Alphabet SoupWhen you walk into the showroom of a Harley Dealership – it is easy to be blinded by all the chrome, the shiny paint, custom accessories and the wide array of different models to choose from. There are six different frame families and for the model...
- 10/10/2016Moto Life - the lighter side of Harley Davidson: The Street and Sportster Modelsbrian mckenzie on Twittertwitter.com “Harley-Davidson Alphabet Soup Demystified via...
- 10/10/2016Ah, the days of Harley - I do miss them.
PS - never start a bike without grabbing the clutch - that green neutral light is not your friend.New 2016 Harley Davidson Sportster Seventy-Two Contact 1-888-643-6024. For more information on Price, Colors, Specs and Reviews click on http://www.pcbharley.com http://tinyurl.com/PCB-New-Bikes See more...
- Producer04/10/2016Rodger Dodger BobberIt is once again my favorite time of year. The first chilly mornings have appeared, the trees are starting to announce the coming of fall with their leafy fireworks of orange, red, yellow, Summer Love has proven yet again to be transient – dying –...
- Producer26/09/2016The Indian Rides AgainNow is the time of year that all the Motorcycle Manufactures all announce their new model year line up. The American offerings for Harley-Davidson, Victory and Indian have all be announced. While the new bikes have many of the styling cues of...
Comments01/10/2016 #13 Brian McKenzie#12 @Gert Scholtz For a while - Indian was indeed built in India. When America closed its production and brand ownership in 1953, Royal Enfield picked it up....and produced 'Indian' motorcycles in INDIA. The US market never saw them, but they were globally well exported and supported. Today's Enfield Bullet still has the styling and power of the 50's era. * Watch here soon - I will write up a post on their scoots. Thanks for the inspiration30/09/2016 #9 Randy KehoI noticed a lot more Indians on the road this past summer. Aren't they going through a bit of a renaissance, while Harley's are dropping off? I once had an awesome Indian cigarette lighter that I picked up at the annual trade show in Chicago. Lost the damn thing somewhere, belt-clip case and all. Felt sick about it for days. Stopped at the local Harley dealer when I was living in Florida and they had a bike used during WWII on display. Olive green, brown-leather saddle bags, and rifle case. But, what really caught my attention, was the fact that it had a decal that represented my father's tank destroyer unit. The circular patch featuring a black leopard with tank tracks in its mouth. I took some pictures. He wasn't impressed. Said it was a long time ago and he'd never seen one. Oh, well. @Brian McKenzie
- 21/09/2016Moto Music Approved - The Loadout - Stay
Just another fkn town, another night, another country,, another year
.Jackson Browne, "The Load-Out/Stay" Tracks 9–10 from his album "Running on Empty" (1977). Track 9 ("The Load-Out") composed by Jackson Browne and Bryan Garofalo and track 10 ("Stay") composed...
- 20/09/2016Moto Music - A 40 year old riff from a life that I have fought to avoid with my entire being; from the first time I heard it in 1978.
I was never fit for the corporate cubicle maze , the girl, nor the legal tender.
Give me the road, give me fuel, give me the grand NOTHING that I know is the heart of life.Jackson Browne - The Pretender + lyrics Jackson Browne - The Pretender Lyrics: I'm going to rent myself a house In the shade of the freeway I'm going to pack my lunch in the morning And go to work...
- 19/09/2016Moving away from instruments for a bit...
Look what I found in the parking lot today. Love a shiny bike...
Taken with my Samsung Galaxy Note5 and tweaked in Adobe Lightroom and Google's Nik Collection.
Comments20/09/2016 #2 Brian McKenzie@Kevin Pashuk the ass end of the shiny air cleaner looks Honda-ish. I had a 96 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 that I took all the badges off of - and put hella loud exhaust on - people thought it was a Harley All Day Long I had a friend paint "FAT DUDE" on the tank in Harley Scroll Font.....I sold it for more than I paid for it.
- 18/09/2016Teaser - Old School Motorcycle Company
A nice line up of classic styling and new technology ~ available in Knuckle, Pan, Shovel or Evo Block configurations; with a choice of rigid or sprung rear ends and HydroGlide and Springer front ends.
Dress it they way you want from the ground up - built to suit - ready to ride.
- 16/09/2016Coming from the heart of Arizona is a set of motorcycles that really strike a cord with me and celebrate the iconic heritage and history of American V-Twin rides. Old School Motorcycle Company specializes in building bikes that have the look, feel, style and tradition of motorcycles from yesteryear, but are rolling today's technology, safety and modern manufacturing.
Each is handbuilt with the customer's moto dreams in mind. You can custom order paint of course, but more so - engine displacement, transmission gear sets, front suspension choices of HydroGlide or Springer while the rear is able to be shod in a period correct rigid or DuoShock sprung swingarm. For motors - you can select new versions of Pan, Shovel, Knuckle even Evo powerplants for your scoot. Additional accessory chooses are also found in insturments, levers, decorative chrome, exhaust and of course saddlebags and windshields.
Look for a full rundown of the bikes to come shortly. Until then, if you are not impressed by the 'New Black' from the big box manufactures - it is time to order what sets your heart on fire and calls you to the road.Production Motorcycles | Old School Motorcycle Co.www.oldschoolmotorcycles.com Old School Motorcycle Company LLC is a premier manufacturer of production motorcycles. Call 602-368-1917 today to learn...
- 10/09/2016Moto music - A little Baja should fall into every life.Dierks Bentley - Somewhere On A Beach "Somewhere On A Beach" available now http://umgn.us/SomewhereOnABeach Pre-order the new album Black coming in May. http://www.dierks.com/ Music video by...
- 10/09/2016Moto Music - the only knoise I want to hear is the pipes blaring and the gears grinding - to hell with all the restKenny Chesney - Noise Available Now on iTunes: http://smarturl.it/kcnoise From the upcoming album "Some Town Somewhere" on sale 7/8/16...
- 29/08/2016When you're just starting to understand thing like love and emotional pain,you can sometimes end up feeling stranded emotionally. That's what this piece is about.
Comments30/08/2016 #6 Praveen Raj GullepalliI felt this before, Now I feel it again
No matter how hard I try, This feeling won't end
So I pretend you're here by my side
Tonight on this lonely ride, I keep telling myself that
Life goes on while you're miles away
And I need you
Time goes on as night steals the day
There's nothing I can do.... - Poison...(not really a punk rock outfit however ;)
- 09/10/2015https://youtu.be/0sB3Fjw3UvcThe Animals - The House of the Rising Sun (The best video top 10 of all time) Since the original version of this video, have lousy audio, I took the trouble to edit with better sound, better video, better zoom and better edition with...
Comments28/08/2016 #1 Brian McKenzieMoto Music Animals - House of the Risinig Sun
I always thought that they were a 'harder' band than this - I did not realize they were a 70's 'boy band' ..... I need to erase that image from my mind
I also always thought this song was a bout a house of ill repute - and not a prison. The things you find out many years later when teaching ESL.
- 25/08/2016The New Harley - Davidson Models for 2017 been unveiled !
I will be doing a full line review of the families and specific models in coming posts; but first - the Cheers and Jeers as I see them.
Cheers - Harley Davidson has announced a new motor for the rubber mounted bigger touring line up. The RoadKings, Ultras, TriGlides and CVO's all get a larger displacement motor that delivers about 10% more power than last year, reduces heat, meets current EPA regulations. The key features are a single cam motor replacing the Twin-Cam configuration that has been in production since 1999. The new 107 and 114 (CVO) displacements will be available for both air cooled and twin cooled variants. As of yet - it will not affect the Dyna or Soft-tail lines.
Jeers - Harley; what the fuck?
I am convinced that the people that make executive decisions DON'T ride and DON'T have their obsession on the bikes themselves. * This was certainly true of their last CEO that they nabbed from Pepsi Co that did not even ride, and had no motor-cycle sector experience. What the Fuck is going on with Senior Executive Leadership in that company.
First out of the hole of Grumble. The customize options in bike builder have been SEVERELY limited. For the XL1200C, The wheel choices are down to just 1 selection: a chrome wagon wheel - and more disgustingly the Black Engine order option is gone. H-D has severely hobbled the HD1 program. It is a damn shame; because by the time it was done building a Sportster with my touches, it was a $15,000 bike - and I would sell 15 to 20 of them a year. Dumb Assed ~ Bad Move.
Nice job Harley. Not everybody wants a tarted up chrome festooned pirate barge. 8?/
Jeer 2 - they killed the Dyna Switchback and FAILED to release the Dyna Sport model as a replacement.
- 21/08/2016Moto Music - A jumpy little bluesy tune ; perfect for jumping out past that last speed trap at the state line and pouring on the revs when you that magic 75 number -Jonny Lang - Lie To Me Music video by Jonny Lang performing Lie To Me. (C) 1997 UMG Recordings,...
- 21/08/2016While I am still waiting for Harley~Davidson to announce the new 2017 models; here is a timeless classic to enjoy. The 1957 FL with the PanHead Motor. The styling of this bike is still carried forward today and can be seen in the Heritage Classic in the Softail family line. The full long fenders for front and rear, big twin tanks in a shape that remains today; even though it is now a single unit instead of two. Long exhaust out the side and beefy hydroglide front end that is capped off with the required three light treatment.
The PanHead motor is nicknamed because of the pie plate rocker covers on the cylinder toppers, it was the core of the H-D line up from 1948 to 1965. While the top end was a new evolution in Harley Tech, both versions of the 61 & 74 c.i. motors shared the block and transmission with the former KnuckleHead motors from the previous Generation. While it was developed to combat oil leaks of the earlier models, the new head configuration failed to deliver that promise; though current reproduction models with new tephlon gaskets have vastly improved the seepage issue. Running out about 55 hp - the bike was not meant to be barn stormer, but more of a comfortable cruiser for the newly expanding post war interstate system.
This will always be the image in my of the 'big' Harley for me; but my favorite is still the Sportster - in all of its' iterations.