- Producer14/10/2016Harley Davidson 2017 Models and the Alphabet SoupWhen you walk into the showroom of a Harley Dealership – it is easy to be blinded by all the chrome, the shiny paint, custom accessories and the wide array of different models to choose from. There are six different frame families and for the model...
- 10/10/2016Moto Life - the lighter side of Harley Davidson: The Street and Sportster Modelsbrian mckenzie on Twittertwitter.com “Harley-Davidson Alphabet Soup Demystified via...
- 10/10/2016Ah, the days of Harley - I do miss them.
PS - never start a bike without grabbing the clutch - that green neutral light is not your friend.New 2016 Harley Davidson Sportster Seventy-Two Contact 1-888-643-6024. For more information on Price, Colors, Specs and Reviews click on http://www.pcbharley.com http://tinyurl.com/PCB-New-Bikes See more...
- Producer04/10/2016Rodger Dodger BobberIt is once again my favorite time of year. The first chilly mornings have appeared, the trees are starting to announce the coming of fall with their leafy fireworks of orange, red, yellow, Summer Love has proven yet again to be transient – dying –...
- Producer26/09/2016The Indian Rides AgainNow is the time of year that all the Motorcycle Manufactures all announce their new model year line up. The American offerings for Harley-Davidson, Victory and Indian have all be announced. While the new bikes have many of the styling cues of...
Comments01/10/2016 #13 Brian McKenzie#12 @Gert Scholtz For a while - Indian was indeed built in India. When America closed its production and brand ownership in 1953, Royal Enfield picked it up....and produced 'Indian' motorcycles in INDIA. The US market never saw them, but they were globally well exported and supported. Today's Enfield Bullet still has the styling and power of the 50's era. * Watch here soon - I will write up a post on their scoots. Thanks for the inspiration30/09/2016 #9 Randy KehoI noticed a lot more Indians on the road this past summer. Aren't they going through a bit of a renaissance, while Harley's are dropping off? I once had an awesome Indian cigarette lighter that I picked up at the annual trade show in Chicago. Lost the damn thing somewhere, belt-clip case and all. Felt sick about it for days. Stopped at the local Harley dealer when I was living in Florida and they had a bike used during WWII on display. Olive green, brown-leather saddle bags, and rifle case. But, what really caught my attention, was the fact that it had a decal that represented my father's tank destroyer unit. The circular patch featuring a black leopard with tank tracks in its mouth. I took some pictures. He wasn't impressed. Said it was a long time ago and he'd never seen one. Oh, well. @Brian McKenzie
- 21/09/2016Moto Music Approved - The Loadout - Stay
Just another fkn town, another night, another country,, another year
.Jackson Browne, "The Load-Out/Stay" Tracks 9–10 from his album "Running on Empty" (1977). Track 9 ("The Load-Out") composed by Jackson Browne and Bryan Garofalo and track 10 ("Stay") composed...
- 20/09/2016Moto Music - A 40 year old riff from a life that I have fought to avoid with my entire being; from the first time I heard it in 1978.
I was never fit for the corporate cubicle maze , the girl, nor the legal tender.
Give me the road, give me fuel, give me the grand NOTHING that I know is the heart of life.Jackson Browne - The Pretender + lyrics Jackson Browne - The Pretender Lyrics: I'm going to rent myself a house In the shade of the freeway I'm going to pack my lunch in the morning And go to work...
- 19/09/2016Moving away from instruments for a bit...
Look what I found in the parking lot today. Love a shiny bike...
Taken with my Samsung Galaxy Note5 and tweaked in Adobe Lightroom and Google's Nik Collection.
Comments20/09/2016 #2 Brian McKenzie@Kevin Pashuk the ass end of the shiny air cleaner looks Honda-ish. I had a 96 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 that I took all the badges off of - and put hella loud exhaust on - people thought it was a Harley All Day Long I had a friend paint "FAT DUDE" on the tank in Harley Scroll Font.....I sold it for more than I paid for it.
- 18/09/2016Teaser - Old School Motorcycle Company
A nice line up of classic styling and new technology ~ available in Knuckle, Pan, Shovel or Evo Block configurations; with a choice of rigid or sprung rear ends and HydroGlide and Springer front ends.
Dress it they way you want from the ground up - built to suit - ready to ride.
- 16/09/2016Coming from the heart of Arizona is a set of motorcycles that really strike a cord with me and celebrate the iconic heritage and history of American V-Twin rides. Old School Motorcycle Company specializes in building bikes that have the look, feel, style and tradition of motorcycles from yesteryear, but are rolling today's technology, safety and modern manufacturing.
Each is handbuilt with the customer's moto dreams in mind. You can custom order paint of course, but more so - engine displacement, transmission gear sets, front suspension choices of HydroGlide or Springer while the rear is able to be shod in a period correct rigid or DuoShock sprung swingarm. For motors - you can select new versions of Pan, Shovel, Knuckle even Evo powerplants for your scoot. Additional accessory chooses are also found in insturments, levers, decorative chrome, exhaust and of course saddlebags and windshields.
Look for a full rundown of the bikes to come shortly. Until then, if you are not impressed by the 'New Black' from the big box manufactures - it is time to order what sets your heart on fire and calls you to the road.Production Motorcycles | Old School Motorcycle Co.www.oldschoolmotorcycles.com Old School Motorcycle Company LLC is a premier manufacturer of production motorcycles. Call 602-368-1917 today to learn...
- 10/09/2016Moto music - A little Baja should fall into every life.Dierks Bentley - Somewhere On A Beach "Somewhere On A Beach" available now http://umgn.us/SomewhereOnABeach Pre-order the new album Black coming in May. http://www.dierks.com/ Music video by...
- 10/09/2016Moto Music - the only knoise I want to hear is the pipes blaring and the gears grinding - to hell with all the restKenny Chesney - Noise Available Now on iTunes: http://smarturl.it/kcnoise From the upcoming album "Some Town Somewhere" on sale 7/8/16...
- 29/08/2016When you're just starting to understand thing like love and emotional pain,you can sometimes end up feeling stranded emotionally. That's what this piece is about.
Comments30/08/2016 #6 Praveen Raj GullepalliI felt this before, Now I feel it again
No matter how hard I try, This feeling won't end
So I pretend you're here by my side
Tonight on this lonely ride, I keep telling myself that
Life goes on while you're miles away
And I need you
Time goes on as night steals the day
There's nothing I can do.... - Poison...(not really a punk rock outfit however ;)
- 09/10/2015https://youtu.be/0sB3Fjw3UvcThe Animals - The House of the Rising Sun (The best video top 10 of all time) Since the original version of this video, have lousy audio, I took the trouble to edit with better sound, better video, better zoom and better edition with...
Comments28/08/2016 #1 Brian McKenzieMoto Music Animals - House of the Risinig Sun
I always thought that they were a 'harder' band than this - I did not realize they were a 70's 'boy band' ..... I need to erase that image from my mind
I also always thought this song was a bout a house of ill repute - and not a prison. The things you find out many years later when teaching ESL.
- 25/08/2016The New Harley - Davidson Models for 2017 been unveiled !
I will be doing a full line review of the families and specific models in coming posts; but first - the Cheers and Jeers as I see them.
Cheers - Harley Davidson has announced a new motor for the rubber mounted bigger touring line up. The RoadKings, Ultras, TriGlides and CVO's all get a larger displacement motor that delivers about 10% more power than last year, reduces heat, meets current EPA regulations. The key features are a single cam motor replacing the Twin-Cam configuration that has been in production since 1999. The new 107 and 114 (CVO) displacements will be available for both air cooled and twin cooled variants. As of yet - it will not affect the Dyna or Soft-tail lines.
Jeers - Harley; what the fuck?
I am convinced that the people that make executive decisions DON'T ride and DON'T have their obsession on the bikes themselves. * This was certainly true of their last CEO that they nabbed from Pepsi Co that did not even ride, and had no motor-cycle sector experience. What the Fuck is going on with Senior Executive Leadership in that company.
First out of the hole of Grumble. The customize options in bike builder have been SEVERELY limited. For the XL1200C, The wheel choices are down to just 1 selection: a chrome wagon wheel - and more disgustingly the Black Engine order option is gone. H-D has severely hobbled the HD1 program. It is a damn shame; because by the time it was done building a Sportster with my touches, it was a $15,000 bike - and I would sell 15 to 20 of them a year. Dumb Assed ~ Bad Move.
Nice job Harley. Not everybody wants a tarted up chrome festooned pirate barge. 8?/
Jeer 2 - they killed the Dyna Switchback and FAILED to release the Dyna Sport model as a replacement.
- Moto Music - A jumpy little bluesy tune ; perfect for jumping out past that last speed trap at the state line and pouring on the revs when you that magic 75 number -Jonny Lang - Lie To Me Music video by Jonny Lang performing Lie To Me. (C) 1997 UMG Recordings,...
- While I am still waiting for Harley~Davidson to announce the new 2017 models; here is a timeless classic to enjoy. The 1957 FL with the PanHead Motor. The styling of this bike is still carried forward today and can be seen in the Heritage Classic in the Softail family line. The full long fenders for front and rear, big twin tanks in a shape that remains today; even though it is now a single unit instead of two. Long exhaust out the side and beefy hydroglide front end that is capped off with the required three light treatment.
The PanHead motor is nicknamed because of the pie plate rocker covers on the cylinder toppers, it was the core of the H-D line up from 1948 to 1965. While the top end was a new evolution in Harley Tech, both versions of the 61 & 74 c.i. motors shared the block and transmission with the former KnuckleHead motors from the previous Generation. While it was developed to combat oil leaks of the earlier models, the new head configuration failed to deliver that promise; though current reproduction models with new tephlon gaskets have vastly improved the seepage issue. Running out about 55 hp - the bike was not meant to be barn stormer, but more of a comfortable cruiser for the newly expanding post war interstate system.
This will always be the image in my of the 'big' Harley for me; but my favorite is still the Sportster - in all of its' iterations.
- Moto Music
A little South of the Border ...... Tito and the Tarantula - Strange Face of Love. A great tune for jammin out off of Bainbridge Island in Seattle region...... as you blow out the school zone off the ferry - the fast bit kicks in the speed goes from 15 to 45 and the corners carve out against the edges of the water; no cops, no traffic, no f*cking worries.
All throttle, no brake.Tito & Tarantula - Strange Face - original song That's Tito and Tarantulas's song "Strage Face (Of Love)" from the awesome album "tarantarism"....
- 10/08/2016Moto Lust - I cannot resist the Orange & Black
1994 XL883 Cafe in serious modified stance. An aggressive Stage 1 Intake and Exhaust giving a 10% boost. In my opinion, it still needs the Zippers 1250 cc upgrade ~ but at 6,999 there is enough left in the wallet for that mod. The long stretched tank is vintage 70's cafe GP racer, as is the shelled solo seat. New updates are the wider front forks, rear set controls, larger brakes and progressive shocks. The alloy wheels are older Buell units - great for light weight, but need a more aggressive tread to the tires. The rider cockpit is framed in low clip-on bars and faced with a large speedo / tach combo. Of course, without saying - the striking character to this ride is the twisted high side pipes reminiscent of the dirt flat trackers of the 70's era.
Great for the short commute, the weekend club hopping and definitely the classic road runs. It is available at my old shop Destination Harley Davidson in Tacoma Washington; if you pick it up - say hello to Ed Sr. for me.
- 29/08/2015The Weight - The Band (lyrics) Noticed that the non-live version of this song wasn't on youtube.. Lyrics: I pulled into Nazareth, was feelin' about half past dead I just need some place...
- 08/08/2016And now for somdthing completely different.....a Softail frame (84+), with a Knucklehead matted to a Panhead lower, sporting mid controls while running a pre 48 springer front end, with raked nearly clipon bars.. Styled in a 50's hot rod bobber paint and stance - delicious
Comments08/08/2016 #3 Aurorasa SimaMy ex BF of 11 years makes his living building Harleys from scratch. Only for people he likes. He´d never touch a "rice cooker". He forced me to learn the names of all of the models (and Indian was considered cool too) ... else I would not even understand this post. Gosh, I miss him.08/08/2016 #2 Phil FriedmanOkay, so I remember watching motorcycle drag racing on TV one time. And here is this guy with the frame of an old Indian square four bike wrapped somehow around a Chevy V-8 engine, tearing up the track and the competition in whatever class it was in those days. It was literally as though he had simply saddled up an engine and was riding it. Anyway, after he had demolished all comers, he was being interviewed. The sportscaster asked him, "Pretty unusual bike there , what with the big-block Chevy engine. To which the guy replies, "If you think this is an odd machine, you should see my Chevy Impala, which is powered by an Indian square four engine."
- Producer04/08/2016Acting Childish Can Be So Much FunNo. It wasn't Halloween. It was "Alter Ego Day." I decided to take a parting shot at the ex-wife, who had recently run off to Sturgis with some biker friends. So, I borrowed some authentic gear, had a photo taken of me sitting astride a brand-new...