- 25/01/2017Estimado colega,
¿Está interesado y/o comprometido en proyectos comunitarios para la gestión del patrimonio dirigidos al desarrollo local? Si es así, le invitamos a unirse a la Carta de Cooperación de Milán 2016.
Entre el 6 y el 8 de julio de 2016, un grupo de entusiastas profesionales de la cultura se reunió en Milán (Italia) para compartir ideas y experiencias relacionadas con los ecomuseos y museos comunitarios. Esta reunión, bajo el lema del Forum de Ecomuseos y Museos Comunitarios, formó parte de la XXIV Conferencia General del Consejo Internacional de Museos (ICOM-UNESCO), que tuvo como tema: «Museos y Paisajes Culturales».
¡Esperamos que se una a nosotros!
Comité Directivo de la Carta de Cooperación de Milán
Karen Brown (Scotland) Heloisa Helena Costa (Brasil) Raul Dal Santo (Italia)
Hugues de Varine (France) Óscar Navajas Corral (España) Kazuoki Ohara (Japan) Douglas Worts (Canada) email@example.comAdesione | Adhesion « Ecomusei.euwww.ecomusei.eu
- 18/12/2016Follow Picasso in Barcelona #picArt tours and photo walkswww.artourbcn.com An insightful journey following the steps of Picasso in...
- Producer08/12/2016Zaha Hadid - 'The Queen of the Curve'I have long been a fan of Zaha Hadid and was saddened by her untimely death earlier this year. Her eye catching, thought provoking futuristic designs inspired many debates. The latest project completed in the UK since her death is a new permanent...
- 04/10/2016La ponte, una iniciativa local, gana el premio internacional Best Soft Power Cultural District Awardmuseosysociedad.wordpress.com La noche del 30 de septiembre se dieron a conocer los ganadores de los Leading Culture Destination Awards, «los Oscars de los Museos», unos de los premios más importantes de la Museología a...
- 01/10/2016An extraordinary award ceremony and on top of that.... We won the award. Thank you for recognizing of our work at La Ponte-Ecomuséu
Increíble la Gala de anoche en Londres. Y nos llevamos el premio Best Soft Power Cultural District Award www.softpowerdestinations.com.
- 29/09/2016Tomorrow we will know if La Ponte is the "BEST SOFT POWER CULTURAL DISTRICT"! @LaPonte2 @lcdtravel #lcdawards.Leading Culture Destinationswww.lcdawards.com The Leading Culture Destination Awards is the first and only global awards ceremony to celebrate the best not-for-profit arts institutions around the world. The press called us 'The Oscars for...
- Producer29/08/2016The only museum of ATO in Ukraine is now available online in 3D format.To visit nearby Donetsk airport, Debaltseve, see anti-aircraft guns, armored personnel carriers, and an ambulance smashed to smithereens. To get into the Dnieper Museum ATO “Roads of Donbass” is now possible from the comfort of home. Photo: the...
Comments29/08/2016 #4 Anonymous#1 Thanks for reading and sharing it @Randy Keho. Yes, It was made specifically for those who can't visit it in person :) And I will have to ask you. Don't use "The" Ukraine, it’s simply ‘Ukraine’ and not ‘The Ukraine’. Anyone who talks like this just makes me cringe, not because it’s ungrammatical, but because it’s rude. ‘The Ukraine’ was a phrasal noun that Russians referred to as Ukraine during the Soviet Union. Ukraine just celebrated 25 years of independence on August 24th. If you don't understand what I mean, try to imagine me saying in "The America" would you like it? ;-) That's why I encourage you to read this article http://time.com/12597/the-ukraine-or-ukraine/ and share it, because it's very common mistake among English speakers, which pisses me off to the point I am not just stop talking to them, but I block them as soon as I see that mistake.29/08/2016 #1 Randy KehoI always find military museums to be extremely educational. If I'm traveling somewhere, I'll look ahead to see if there are any along my route or in the vicinity of my destination. I reside in the Great Midwest (United States) and I don't foresee any trips to the Ukraine in my future. So, I gladly accepted the invitation to view it in 3D from my office. We rarely get a glimpse into the world of our former Cold War adversaries. As a fleet manager, I worked closely with a contracted truck mechanic who was born, raised, and served in the military in the Ukraine before immigrating to the United States. I'll bet he'd be interested in checking this out, as well. I've shared this in the Museum Hive.
- Producer11/08/2016Desparate Times Call for Desparate MeasuresDuring World War II, the German's developed and employed a variety of camouflage schemes and patterns designed to conceal their troops and vehicles from the view of allied forces, especially from the air.Once Adolph Hitler made his fateful decision...
- Producer19/07/2016"The Dead of Winter:" A 1/35-Scale WWII DioramaI mentioned in the buzz that I produced to honor my father's service in the U.S. tank corp. during World War II, that I once competed in scale-modeling contests in my pre-bifocal days. I really enjoyed it. It was a hobby that, for me, was a great...
Comments19/07/2016 #2 Randy KehoI have a few more. I'll post them as time permits. @Joanna Hofman My failing eyesight makes continuing in the hobby just too frustrating. I gave it up nearly 10 years ago. I had the pleasure of being invited to the home of one of the masters, where he has his own museum. It's amazing what some people can do. He found out he had a daughter he didn't know about it. They met when she was in her 30s. He's in his seventies. Turns out, they both admired a particular house nearby. He built a scale model of the house for her from scratch.
- Producer15/07/2016U.S. First Division Musuem at Cantigny: Part IIMy favorite exhibit at the Museum at Cantigny is Tank Park, which surrounds the museum and features tanks from WWI to the present. I'm drawn to it because my father served in the tank corp. during WWII, following Gen. George Patton through Belgium...
- Producer14/07/2016U.S. First Division Museum at Cantigny: Part IThe Museum at Cantigny is a permanent display focused on the U.S First Division, known as "The Big Red One."Located in Wheaton, Illinois, the 500-acre section of land, located 30 miles west of Chicago, was acquired by Joseph Medill for a country...
- Producer17/05/2016May 18th is international museum day!On Wednesday, art institutions around the world will celebrate international museum day.The annual May 18th festival aims to make the arts accessible to all. That means guided tours, a number of special events, and most importantly, FREE...
- 30/04/2016Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, Spainimage-store.slidesharecdn.com
- 20/04/2016Excellent all-round achievement, of course, for the museum staff. But, it is so satisfying to hear proper recognition of the contribution of exhibition design to the success of a museum.European Museum of the Year Award 2016 goes to POLIN Museum!www.linkedin.com Congratulations to the entire design team involved in realising this project. The POLIN Museum of the History of the Polish Jews in Warsaw was awarded the EMYA 2016 on 9 April. The EMYA goes to...
- 28/03/2016IMPORTANT AND URGENT
To all ecomuseums and community museums in all countries in the world, and to all professionals who want to know more about ecomuseology
You have been already invited by Italian ecomuseums to an International Forum, to be held in Milan, on July 6-8 2016, during the ICOM General Conference.
Then you have been invited to a Call for Papers to be presented at the plenary session of the Forum on July 7, at the Politecnico di Milano. The abstracts are being received until April 15 and will be reviewed by a Jury of experts. .
Now begins the third phase of the project of Italian ecomuseums : nine ecomuseums have already expressed their wish to invite you to visit them "at home", during the days before and after the ICOM Conference. More could join them soon. Among them two guided regional tours offer to present the diversity of heritage and ecomuseums of their respective regions.
Go to , look at the list of visits and select the sites you want to visit. Then prepare your travel programme, through direct communication with the contacts named for each ecomuseum or guided tour. And make this opportunity known to your colleagues, friends and professional networks: we cannot know and contact all of them.
This is a unique chance to get acquainted with the world of Italian ecomuseums, but also to enlarge and share your practice and your conception of ecomuseology and community museology.ICOM visite « Ecomusei.euwww.ecomusei.eu
- 24/03/2016International symposium- Local Artisanal Cheeses in Turkey and the World: The Use of Geographical Indication for “Kars Kaşarı” Cheese, 15-17 July 2016. We appreciate your support as being a member of the Scientific Committee.
For more details, please see the attached call for papers, and visit our website
The final call for papers is expected to be published by May 15th 2016.Türkiye'de ve Dünyada Yerel-Geleneksel Peynirler: Kars Kaşarı Coğrafi İşareti 15-17 Temmuz 2016karspeynirciliksempozyumu.wordpress.com Local Artisanal Cheeses in Turkey and in the World: The Use of Geographical Indication for Kars Kaşarı...
- 15/03/2016The ecomuseum is a process. The entire population should be involved in it. The community should be involved in every action, from inventory, pretextual-actions (exhibitions, etc.), to research, management and funding must have community representation and decisions should be made democratically. This is how self-management and social transformation will be achieved.Ecomuseo - Ecomuseum - Écomusée: Ecomuseum Featuresecomuseumspain.blogspot.co.uk
- 11/03/2016#Lima, #SouthAmerica's second prettiest - beautifully restored - capital has several world class museums, colonial buildings, pre-colonial piramids, beaches. goo.gl/uKLW7n Please share!
- 02/03/2016It's ready the programme for the Cultural Heritage Workshop of Santo Adriano.Ecomuseo - Ecomuseum - Écomusée: IV Jornadas La Ponte Ecomuséu. Innovación Social en la Gestión del Patrimonio.ecomuseumspain.blogspot.co.uk
- 28/02/2016The Washington Post
How to view art:
Be dead serious about it, but don’t expect too much
By Philip Kennicott October 4, 2014How to view art: Be dead serious about it, but don’t expect too muchwww.washingtonpost.com Some advice: If you feel better about yourself when you leave a museum, you should follow these five...
Comments01/03/2016 #4 Tiina Holli#3 oh yes and the miracle of art is in its (maybe "hers" ? hmmm ... is Art female ? some say so ... it is a little unrespectful to call Art " it " ---> : -) yes the miracle of Art is in its ability to HIDE ITSELF - how a piece of artwork can suddenly open up to the viewer when the viewer is ready for it - after glancing at it maybe for years - a question of " self " - in what state is the viewer - but also a question of this ability to HIDE ITSELF - I hope I am not repeating myself too much, but art theoretician @Murat Oktay Danis has a theory about this, what the artworks in fact are HIDING IN THEM ...01/03/2016 #3 Pamela 🐝 Williams"any picture that attracts hordes of people has long since died, a victim of its own renown, its aura dissipated, its meaning lost in heaps of platitudes and cant. Say a prayer for its soul and move on" Both agree and disagree with that statement; but that's the beauty and challenge of appreciating art. See in it, take from it what feeds you. "Feel better about yourself"
- 19/02/2016Special Programe and call for paper to Ecomuseums Meeting to the General Conference of ICOM, 2016ICOM programma « Ecomusei.euwww.ecomusei.eu
- 18/02/2016Call for Papers open (until April 30th, 2016)Cultural Heritage and Social Innovation. Session for WAC-8 (Kyoto, 28 August-2 September 2016)www.academia.edu An invitation to join Jesús Fernández Fernández's Session on...