- 04/02/2017Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - Tears Of A Clown (1970) HD 0815007 Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - Tears Of A Clown, ein Hit 1970. Audio-CD-Sound zu Video-Material aus TV-Show....
Comments05/02/2017 #3 Lisa 🐝 GallagherNow if there's a smile on my face
It's only there trying to fool the public
But when it comes down to fooling you
Now honey that's quite a different subject
But don't let my glad expression
Give you the wrong impression
Cause really I'm sad, Oh I'm sadder than sad
Well I'm hurt and I want you so bad
Like a clown I appear to be glad ooh yeah
Well they're some sad things known to man
But ain't too much sadder than
The tears of a clown when there's no one around
- 18/01/2017List 10 albums that made a lasting impression on you as a TEENAGER, but only one per band/artist. Don't take too long and don't think too long.
1. Dr Feel Good- Mortley Crue
2. Are you Experienced- Jimi Hendrix
3. Somewhere in Time- Iron Maiden
4 Appetite for Destruction- Guns N Roses
5.The Doors- The Doors
6. Peace Sells..But WHo's Buying- Megadeth
7.And Justice for all- Metallica
8. Bad- Michael Jackson
9 Even Worse - Weird Al
10. Pretty Hate Machine- Nine Inch Nails.Mötley Crüe - Dr.Feelgood (With Lyrics) :P stavat fel på mötley crüe xD...
Comments18/01/2017 #3 Devesh Bhatt#2 you have already mentioned Hendrix and Maiden, I enjoyed seeing Maiden live in Bangalore.
Sabbath, U2, Aerosmith , Clapton , Stones, Chuck Berry etc etc would eventually drop in with their famous stuff.
I figured let's make this a directory of sorts, combine the album follow-ups how people name it.
- 13/01/2017"Oh, oh there's a solution." Someone else mentioned this classic track and instead of just listening to the bits in my memory, I went to listen to the full song. Now I am feeling something. It is pretty special to have a place to share some of the random flotsam and jetsam of life, knowing there is someone else at a juncture of needing to hear this song again....Steve Miller Band-Fly Like An Eagle Fly Like An Eagle my video, and I dont own the song in any way. anyone who leaves a comment that has nothing to do with the video, or is just stupid in my...
- 20/12/2016The Brothers Gibb channel their Inner Dylan.
What IS that weird shiny technoid thingie on their vests? Does it translate their high-pitched dolphin squeaks into English ... or at least Canadian?
We deserve answers.Bee Gees - Blowin’ In The Wind 1963 Bandstand Australia 1963 BeeGees "Bandstand" DVD :...
- 11/12/2016Classic song that had the bees of that day buzzin....who was she talking about/Carly Simon - You're So Vain (with lyrics) ((I made a mistake in the video, which I've tried to correct - the year is 1972)) Carly Simon's 1972 hit "You're So Vain" with lyrics below. LYRICS: You...
Comments12/12/2016 #3 Gerald Hecht#1 @Irene Hackett yeah that always makes me smile...you know he didn't just overdub them in isolation; he and Carly did them together...we could all learn something about how to treat our fellow human beings by following their example...and let's not ruin it by saying something stupid like...."she was referring to Warr...
- 03/12/2016The Rolling Stones - Ride 'Em On Down Taken from Blue & Lonesome, the brand new album out now. Buy it at http://www.rollingstones.com/blueandlonesome. Directed by François Rousselet...
- It's 1965 and here's a full concert with the soon to be legends - stones, beatles, kinks: more
0:00:38 -- Hey Bo Diddley -- Moody Blues
0:05:56 -- Go Now -- Moody Blues
0:09:30 -- Pretty One -- Freddie & the Dreamers
0:11:45 -- A Little You -- Freddie and the Dreamers
0:13:59 -- Walking the Dog -- Georgie Fame
0:16:32 -- I’ll Never Find Another You -- The Seekers
0:18:36 -- A World of Our Own -- The Seekers
0:21:16 -- Wonderful World -- Herman’s Hermits
0:23:03 -- Mrs. Brown -- Herman’s Hermits
0:25:51 -- Funny How Love Can Be -- The Ivy League
0:27:51 -- Time for You -- Sounds Incorporated
0:29:58 -- The Game of Love -- Wayne Fontana
0:32:24 -- Just a Little Bit Too Late -- Wayne Fontana
0:34:51 -- Everybody Needs Somebody -- Stones
0:35:29 -- Pain in My Heart -- Rolling Stones
0:37:32 -- Around and Around -- Rolling Stones
0:39:56 -- The Last Time -- Rolling Stones
0:42:58 -- Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah -- Cilla Black
0:45:12 -- You’re Gonna Need Somebody -- Donovan
0:49:23 -- Catch the Wind -- Donovan
0:51:49 -- Here Comes the Night -- Them
0:54:34 -- Turn on Your Love Light -- Them
1:00:48 -- Let the Good Times Roll -- Searchers
1:02:38 -- Mockingbird -- Dusty Springfield
1:05:04 -- Boom Boom -- Animals
1:09:09 -- Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood -- Animals
1:11:34 -- Talkin’ ‘Bout You” / ”Shout -- Animals
1:16:22 -- I Feel Fine -- Beatles
1:19:24 -- She’s a Woman -- Beatles
1:22:14 -- Baby’s in Black -- Beatles
1:24:32 -- Ticket to Ride -- Beatles
1:27:46 -- Long Tall Sally -- Beatles
1:29:49 -- You Really Got Me -- Kinks
1:32:02 -- Tired of Waiting for You -- KinksBeatles/Stones/Kinks/Animals & more! -- Live Full Concert 1965 For those interested, I have a new book on the "voice of Love":...
- 04/07/2016This guy is probably American (but he's been known to tell people that the land he was born in is called the Midwest)It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) "Darkness at the break of noon Shadows even the silver spoon The handmade blade, the child's balloon Eclipses both the sun and moon To understand you know...
Comments08/11/2016 #2 Robert BacalOne of the greatest lyrical rythmic poems of all time:
While preachers preach of evil fates
Teachers teach that knowledge waits
Can lead to hundred-dollar plates
Goodness hides behind its gates
But even the president of the United States
Sometimes must have to stand naked
An' though the rules of the road have been lodged
It's only people's games that you've got to dodge
And it's alright, Ma, I can make it
Advertising signs they con
You into thinking you're the one
That can do what's never been done
That can win what's never been won
Meantime life outside goes on
All around you
You lose yourself, you reappear
You suddenly find you got nothing to fear
Alone you stand with nobody near
When a trembling distant voice, unclear
Startles your sleeping ears to hear
That somebody thinks they really found you
A question in your eyes is lit
Yet you know there is no answer fit
To satisfy, insure you not to quit
To keep it in your mind and not forget
That it is not he or she or them or it
That you belong to
Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to
- Politician, from Cream's farewell performance in 1968.Cream - Politician (Farewell Concert - Extended Edition) (4 of 11) Cream - Politician live at Royal Albert Hall, London. November 26th, 1968 4 of 11 "Farewell Concert" is the live recording of the Cream's final concert at...
- On this eve of the American election, here's a consummate policy statement by Marx, which you may apply to whatever candidate you hate most. And it's music I grew up with.I'm against it (Horse Feathers) Groucho Marx atuando, cantando, dançando e definindo, respectivamente, meu credos político e...
- 27/10/2016Earth, Wind & Fire - Can't Hide Love (Audio) Click to subscribe: http://smarturl.it/SubscribeEWFVevo?IQid=ytd.ewf.CHLA Listen to Earth, Wind & Fire on Spotify:...
- 26/10/2016Absolute Classic that I had to share with my fellow music lovers.The Trashmen - Surfin Bird - Bird Is The Word Original Video - Peter Griffin Favorite! Title Surfin' Bird Performed by The Trashmen in 1963 All rights are with the owners of this song/clip, but I want to show it to the curious people who maybe...
- 25/10/2016Rest in Peace Bobby Vee!BOBBY VEE take good care of my baby (acoustic) BOBBY VEE take good care of my baby (acoustic) vid.by Nikolas...
- 24/10/2016From what is arguably the best live album of all time, here's a song for the Autumn weather many of us are experiencing on this Monday. Allman brothers perform Stormy Monday.The Allman Brothers Band - Stormy Monday ( At Fillmore East, 1971 ) At Fillmore East is a double live album by The Allman Brothers Band. The band's breakthrough success, At Fillmore East was released in July 1971. It ranks...
- 23/10/2016...and here's the song that became number one in 1965. It made me made because I loved Do wah diddy....
What songs did YOU grow up with? Share in the Music We Grew Up With HiveOH, PRETTY WOMEN - ROY ORBISON LYRICS !!!!!!!!! Pretty woman, walkin' down the street Pretty woman the kind I like to meet Pretty woman I don't believe you, you're not the truth No one...
- 23/10/2016In 1964 Manfred Mann released this song and it went all the way to number 1. It was eventually supplanted by Roy Orbison's Pretty Woman.
Oddly while Manfred isn't well known in N.A. he is still active in Europe.
Music We Grew Up With Hive.Manfred Mann - Doo Wah Diddy Diddy Released as a single in July 1964. There she was just walking down the street Singing do wah diddy diddy down diddy do Snapping her fingers and shuffling...
- 27/11/2015Kool & The Gang! :)Kool & The Gang - Celebration Music video by Kool & The Gang performing Celebration. (C) 1980 The Island Def Jam Music...
- 23/10/2016Sharing to Music We Grew Up WithEarth, Wind & Fire - Shining Star (Live) Click to subscribe: http://bit.ly/1D9gmWO Listen to Earth, Wind & Fire on Spotify: http://bit.ly/1HqAz0t Album’s from Earth, Wind & Fire: Open Our Eyes:...
- 17/10/2016Bob Dylan pops in to the Mariposa Folk Festival, in Toronto, 1972. https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/2007/07/09/dylan_at_mariposa_july_1972.html
Supposed to be a no star festival, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Gordon LIghtfoot and a lot of unanounced stars performed. Dylan just walked. Stood very close to him.
The festival had a stunning array of blues artists too, John Hammond, Rosevelt Sykes, Bukkah White, in addition to a young John Prine and Bommie Raitt. Got to chase down the program.
- 17/10/2016I believe I was at this, a concert "featuring" The Troggs, The Who, and a complete dog's breakfast of local and international acts, including the great "rocker" Andy Kim Here's a brief description of the day.Growing Up in Verdun ,Montreal & Information: International Pop Festival @ the Autostadeverdunconnections.blogspot.ca
- My first "love in" in the psychedelic era was the Jefferson Airplane with Grace Slick, at Place Ville Marie in downtown Montreal. Don't know the date, but certainly late 60's. This vid is of them on the Smothers Brothers show.Somebody To Love/ White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane Somebody To Love Lyrics When the truth is found to be lies And all the joy within you dies (Chorus) Don't you want somebody to love Don't you need somebody...
- My first rock festival was, if I recall, in 1967. It was an all day thing featuring the Who and the Troggs at the Montreal forum. My friend's sister knew the promoter and got us free tickets.The Who - My Generation live 1967
Comments16/10/2016 #4 Paul "Pablo" Croubalian#3 Nope, that experience soured both my Dad and I on concerts for a while. My first concert was for my birthday in 1970. I was eleven but darned close to my adult size. It was Led Zeppelin... I don't remember who or if there was another band.
Al I really remember was that it was LOUD16/10/2016 #3 Robert Bacal#2 Hey, I remember you (just kidding, @Paul "Pablo" Croubalian ) So, did you manage to go to the free concerts for Expo in 1967. Those were golden. OR, I believe there might have been another rock fest./concert with the Who that was outside (Autostade).
First concert in Montreal?
- My first dance, I think in grade 7 where I slow danced with a real girl. This is the song I danced to.The Tremeloes - Silence is Golden The Tremeloes are an English rock and roll band, founded in 1958 in Dagenham, Essex. The Tremeloes are one of the longest surviving, still playing regularly...
Music We Grew Up With~ 100 buzzes
The music we grew up with, regardless of era, always holds us and brings back memories. This hive is for people to share the music that served as the backgrounds for their earlier lives, regardless of whether you grew up in the '50's, 60's or 90's and oughts.
Go search Youtube and post YOUR songs, or simply write a story about the songs that were and are special in your life.
Go search Youtube and post YOUR songs, or simply write a story about the songs that were and are special in your life.