- 22/02/2017singer ionie's stories of VERY inappropriate conduct from some men in the music industryDear Creepy Men of the Music Industry, Please Stop - Digital Music Newswww.digitalmusicnews.com Having this done to you is a paralyzing and incapacitating phenomenon. In one fell swoop it takes away your power as a woman and your right to...
- 17/02/2017Mark Mulligan's take on the tickets industryEd Sheeran’s Ticketing Fiasco Shines A Harsh Light On A Broken Industrymusicindustryblog.wordpress.com Ed Sheeran has hit the news, bemoaning the inflated prices that tickets for his forthcoming tour are being sold at on ticket reseller websites. Some tickets have sold for as much as £999, compared...
Comments17/02/2017 #2 Henri Galvão#1 it makes sense. and that's why Mark Mulligan puts as the first reason in his text the fact that these companies play double agent.
I think it happens mainly because tickets for high profile artists sell out quite fast. so, even if you're a hardcore fan, you might not be able to buy them the proper way (a good example of this here in Brazil is with our biggest music festival, Rock in Rio)17/02/2017 #1 CityVP 🐝 ManjitPeople seem to only care when they can't get hold of a ticket, and then instead of scalping the industry they get scalped by scalpers. This is not a case of supply and demand, this is definitely a case of monopoly or oligopoly control. If fans want to pay inflated prices, then give that back to the artist community. This is not about cutting out the middle-man, it is about cutting out the middle-scumbags.
- 16/02/2017Just took delivery of my new CD, "Soul In Exile 3: Love Runs Aground!" Stay tuned for the official release next month!
- 15/02/2017a much needed observation for anyone in the music industryMusic industry is moving towards an ‘attention economy’, says Sony exec - M Magazinewww.m-magazine.co.uk Dorothy Hui, Sony Music Entertainment UK’s vice president of digital, tells the music industry ‘we are moving towards an attention...
- 13/02/2017Dave Ruch on how to market unusual live performancesWant Better Gigs? It's Not About You - Dave Ruchdaveruch.com Musicians and performing artists are always interested in better paying gigs, but we often go about it backwards. Here's how to correct...
- 09/02/2017Jonathan Butler Live - Pata Pata Thought I Should Upload This Because As To My Knowledge This Has Not Been Posted On Youtube Before... And besides.. I really like this performance...Very...
- 09/02/2017a must-read for any live musicianwww.brianfranke.com Lately I've been receiving many messages from people asking how they can book gigs. Now I should make it clear from the get go that I am not a booking...
- 08/02/2017#1 - be seen
#2 - serve people2 Secrets To Get Ahead In The Music Industry - TheRecordingRevolution.com Want to know how to make it in the music industry as an artist, band, or engineer? Then you must realize that it's not about how talented you are, or how...
- 03/02/2017some impressive data about the rise of streaming in the USA in 2016How U.S. Music Consumption Changed 2016 vs. 2015 [CHART]www.hypebot.com The shift from buying music to renting/streaming it has happened more rapidly than almost anyone predicted. This chart from Statista shows the year-over-year pace as tracked by Nielsen who says audio streams were up 76%, while digital album and...
- 01/02/2017Bandcamp takes a stand against the barring of immigrants in the US: on February 3rd, any purchase there will go 100% to the American Civil Liberties UnionThis Friday, Stand with Bandcamp in Support of Immigrants/Basic Human Valuesdaily.bandcamp.com Like 98% of U.S. citizens (including the President), I am the descendant of immigrants—my great-grandparents came to America from Russia and Lithuania as teenagers and worked in sweatshops until...
- 30/01/2017Happy - no, elated! - to announce that my album has been sent off to Oasis Disc Manufacturing for replication! The CD release draws closer!
- 27/01/2017some instigating thoughts on how streaming is changing the way artists relate to music creationHow Streaming Is Changing The Sound Of Pop Musicwww.hypebot.com As the industry shifts further towards streaming and away from a retail and download based economy, not only is the way in which we consume music changing, but so is the music itself, particularly when it comes to pop music....
- 25/01/2017a good text for anyone who wants to understand the current trends of pop musicWhy Rock Can't Compete with Hip-Hop in 2017 | Geniusgenius.com
- "GuamBomb; Musical Warrior Frank Diaz"
WED, 1/25, 8pm PST
Link to upcoming show:
What do ya know? A fellow islander on the show? And a Chamorro at that! What a co-inky-dink! Okay, maybe not coincidental but god bless the positive aspects of social media! How we can reach out and "touch" one another nowadays is such a gift. At least it can be.
Speaking of gifts- Frank Diaz, Pacific Islander from the Northern Marianas and Southern California joins us to share his lyrical talent and story of what inspired him on his journey. We'll also get to hear more about Guam and why Frank was hyped to bring the island culture to the mainstream forefront.
You're definitely gonna get a "taste of the islands" and "REAL TALK" tonight with GuamBomb on!
aka "lil guam", "long hair don't care"
To learn more about Frank Diaz or check out some of his other music, visit:
- 24/01/2017I'll be launching a merch store for my DarkScapes designs soon...there are a few things available now at my Society6 page, but it's time for a proper site for the project. There are hundreds of fractal renders from when I was recording the album, and these will be available on various merch when the store launches.
- 23/01/2017very interesting points from Ari Herstand (useful not only for musicians, but for anyone who develops a brand through instagram)For Music, Instagram is the New Facebook - Digital Music Newswww.digitalmusicnews.com Last year’s Nielsen survey found that Instagram users spend more money on music and devote more time listening to music than non-Instagram...
- 20/01/2017"the main reason for Netflix’s stronger position is that it owns so much of its content, while Spotify and co rent their content." - Mark MulliganWhy Netflix Can Turn A Profit But Spotify Cannot (Yet) | MIDiA Researchwww.midiaresearch.com Why Netflix Can Turn A Profit But Spotify Cannot (Yet), spotify profitability, netflix profitability, netflix subscribers, spotify vs netflix,...
- 16/01/2017Mark Mulligan analyzes streaming in 2016 and 2017Music Subscriptions Passed 100 Million In December. Has The World Changed?musicindustryblog.wordpress.com In streaming’s earlier years, when doubts prevailed across the artist, songwriter and label communities, one of the arguments put forward by enthusiasts was that when streaming reached scale...
- 13/01/2017A short blog post in the Random category - my top 5 favorite guitar solos. (spoiler alert: #1 is Jeff Carlisi's solo in "Caught Up In You" from .38 Special)
Enjoy some hard rock guitar from the 80's... :)Top 5 Guitar Soloscircuitscream.com Visit the post for...
- 11/01/2017I used to often post "Random Thoughts" to my blog, but haven't in a while. As I'm sitting here in my studio tonight enjoying a Merlot on a RARE night off, I look around at different projects - music, a film I'm directing, web & UX design, notes from a game video score, even a cryptocurrency book - and I'm in Random Mode, so I wonder: how many of you are (to use Emilie Wapnick's term) "multipotentialite"? I'm curious - what multidisciplinary projects are you working on? Don't be shy - post about 'em! :)
Comments13/01/2017 #9 Donnie Maynard Christianson#6 hey Mark, I just followed you. Dude, you ARE into a lot of different stuff - cool!
Hmm, I think it depends on the person - I've known people who just do that ONE thing and crush it, but if they try other stuff it doesn't work. And vice-versa. I've tried to just do one thing but honestly I get burnt out - I need the variety.
So I do think if someone is geared for being a polymath, they'll thrive. Trying to follow a single path can be like a straitjacket - when I was touring full-time, I didn't want to look at a guitar after 9 months on the road, and that's how I got into CG. I didn't love guitar any less, but I needed to express my art in other ways.
One musician I follow (Leah McHenry) says she "works in seasons"; I tend to do the same thing - breaking from music for a month or two to focus on my web businesses (and of course Dec/Jan is the best time to trade crypto and laugh at the BTC-e trollbox... ;). And then sometimes I just take a few months to work on my film.stuff.
I'll hit you up on the other social media too (my username is circuitscream)13/01/2017 #8 Max🐝 J. Carter#7 Thank you Donnie some of the ground work for the characters is here on beBee for the Silver Guardian and Peace Lords.
Studies have shown that having a form of spirituality in life actually can aid in being more productive in the workplace as those who do often deal with stressful situations better.12/01/2017 #6 Mark SanduskyHaha Donnie! We have to connect. We're both "multipotentialites" with the same potentials and interests. For fun, I write, illustrate and animate. I'm also in two relatively successful bands (playing SXSW etc) Outside of that, I trade bitcoin and work as a producer in Los Angeles for live action commercials. The next commercial I'm in talks with is for a point of sale device that accepts crypto-currencies.
Now I have a question for you - do you think being a multipotentialite is helpful or not? Sometimes I love it, but sometimes I think "man if I just focused on X, would I be more successful?"11/01/2017 #5 Max🐝 J. Carter#4 Well Donnie thank you and thank you again for asking. I'm a born Shaman and have had total awareness since birth. I do a lot of working with people in various stages of reaching the proverbial mountain top. In corporate consulting I take spiritual living and put it in corporate speak to create a better work environment.
The cartoon is going to be an animated series. It's based on a persona I used to use for writing back in my independent film days, The Movie Whore. Film industry people loved the name.
The script is called The Silver Guardian an is about a dude who keeps god in check and just happens to be assigned to earth in a human body. He is telling his story to a shrink with flashbacks.
The graphic novel I will publish as it features women characters who are designed to strong characters who are not sex objects and two of them of intergalactic defenders known as Peace Lords. It's set 40 years from now. and the earth is united and defended by the Peace Lords who come from many worlds.11/01/2017 #1 Max🐝 J. CarterLet's see, I have a local community project I am putting together called Bard School to give people the education they can understand instead of only waht they can afford.
I have a script I am working on.
I have a cartoon I am slowly working on.
I have a graphic novel I am developing.
I have a series of lectures I keep updating.
I have various Shaman activities I engage in daily.
I have a radio show I am putting together.
I write a ton as a blogger.
Thanks for asking.
- 10/01/2017great interview about the new Joshua Tree Tour and - most importantly - the release of Songs of ExperienceThe Edge Breaks Down U2's Upcoming 'Joshua Tree' Tourwww.rollingstone.com U2 guitarist the Edge discusses the group's upcoming 'Joshua Tree' anniversary tour and the status of 'Songs of...
- Producer05/01/2017ArtScapes: Creating Soundscapes from ArtworkFrom my Buzz on generating soundscapes from fractal art, I'm posting this as a tutorial for those of you interested in creating your own soundscapes from photos. It's too much content to fit in a Buzz, so here goes my first blog here on beBee :)The...
- Producer04/01/2017Introducing The Stock Music HiveHi, my name is Donnie Maynard Christianson and I created a Stock Music group to provide a place where musicians and businesses who need background music can connect. Many times the musicians get buried on large sites with no visibility and no...