- Producer20/10/2016Why entrepreneurs benefit from having an integrated online presenceHow we present ourselves has always been a crucial element to succeeding in business – and with the rise of social media, creating the right image and personal brand has never been so important. This is especially true for entrepreneurs and those...
Comments21/10/2016 #7 Lisa Gallagher" The problem is how do you connect with someone from out of the blue without any form of context? By finding common ground." Couldn't agree more, great article. @Pamela L. Williams, great point about your brand and professional reputation, I'd add personal reputation which can be intertwined. I'm glad you pointed that out Pam!21/10/2016 #5 CityVP ManjitLets take an example of an entrepreneur called Steve Jurvetson. I never set out to make him a professional connection and it does not serve either of us if we did. Yet over a decade ago I came across his personal blog called "The J Curve". The last entry in that blog was 2008. Jurvetson had not perished as an entrepreneur/venture capitalist - by then social media had taken over where once there was the blog. What I found most compelling and special about Steve Jurvetson got lost in the wash of media, as it escalated and exponentially grew, and grew and grew.
Yet what was Jurvetson's last post on HIS blog? Was it a profound statement about the state of the venture capital industry back then? A sharing of a major deal? A fantastic new opportunity? His theory on success or leadership or values?
No, it was simply Steve Jurvetson expressing his love for rockets. Am I going to explore rockets myself with the long ball aim of getting in with him? No. I am not fascinated by this business connections, or his success or his professional standing but by the way he thinks. What he is passionate about adds context to the way he thinks and in that context there are insights how such a mind resides in the high-speed world of Silicon Valley. The same is true with Peter Thiel, except Thiel has been much more personal since the Republican convention when he spoke to a Republican audience, his coming out as a gay man. That is as personal as one can get and that was done in front of a prime time television audience. Affinity is best meaning making rather than money making. There are also VC's who have kept up their personal blog presence such as AVB's Fred Wilson.
The reality is that I have come across entrepreneurs on beBee - they are here but for sure I would welcome a tonne more.21/10/2016 #4 Pamela L. WilliamsI went to the site and had one issue: there wasn't a beBee button to share. That being said; this is lesson I have learned in the last year. Prior to that I had little social media presence. I learned a lot while on LinkedIn but have seriously considered 'my brand' since being on beBee. I once wrote an article that in the short version questioned the use of branding in connection with individuals. It took a while before I accepted the relevance of having a brand which boils down to being your professional reputation on a global scale. A very relevant article Javier.21/10/2016 #3 Randy KehoMass Communication no longer refers solely to traditional media outlets. We have all become members of the mass media. That may not sit well with those who enjoy trashing the media. They now have to accept a portion of the blame for the so-called campaigns of manipulation and misinformation.
Everyone has an agenda, whether they realize it or care to admit it.
Bloggers and network users are rushing to disseminate their opinions on an endless number of topics on platforms such as this. As a result, I would advise them to carefully consider what they're "broadcasting" to the new cyber world. It's just as easy, if not easier, to make enemies as it is friends, not to mention "Big Brother" may be watching, just ask Hillary Clinton about her emails.
What would your newfound golfing or cycling contact, not to mention your boss or potential employer, think of your online presence? Are they Trump or Clinton supporters? Would they think you party a bit too much? Are you sharing privileged information?
If these are concerns, be careful. As they say, it's easier to maintain existing business than it is to find new business.Your personal brand could be jeopardized.
- 19/10/2016Takeaways from Rework33 Takeaways From REWORK – 30 Books in 30 Dayswww.smb-squared.com Book based on running a business not text books. From the creators of BaseCamp. Throw out traditional notions. Why you need less than what you think to launch. Who to hire. Because of technology...
- 18/10/20165 Reasons to Try QuickBooks Online5 reasons to try quickbookswww.slideshare.net If you haven't tried QBO yet then here's a good list of reasons why QuickBooks is leading the market in small business accounting...
- 18/10/2016Are you on Mogul?
Mogul is an award-winning platform that enables women worldwide to connect, share information, and access knowledge from each other. https://onmogul.com/candice-galek
- 17/10/2016New Twitter Moments on beBee
cc: @Javier beBee @John White, MBA @Teresa Gezze @Mamen Delgado @Milos Djukic @Lisa Gallagher @Donna-Luisa Eversley @Lance Scoular @Franci Eugenia HoffmanWhy beBee Affinity Social Network = More Buzz for Bloggerstwitter.com Learn why fast-growing social startup beBee.com is beneficial for bloggers seeking to expand their readership and reach. Learn how affinity-based networking benefits...
- 16/10/2016"The Fractal Revolution in Society, beBee affinity network is the first socia lmedia." https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/fractal-revolution-society-social-media-first-milos-djukic?trk=pulse_spock-articles
Image: Fractal art by Tom Beddard
- Producer16/10/2016Achieving Permission to Value the Older Generations....There is plenty that is valuable about older generations. What challenges every generation, though, is that economies are often driven by selling people on what is new, shiny, energetic, and distracting. The appearance of outward perfection...
Comments18/10/2016 #8 Lisa GallagherGreat topic @Adam Read. I have found it's beneficial to listen to our children (mine are both mature adults). We need to keep an open mind when it comes to generational conflicts and/or misunderstandings. I have learned a lot from my children. They value my input too. It's nice when different generations can sit at a table and converse with respect. We can all learn from one another if we are open to doing so.16/10/2016 #5 Donna-Luisa Eversley#4 As I read your post @Adam Read I realized that we are fortunate if the ones who have been before us are alive to share their stories, we have an opportunity to get to the dynamics of what influenced decision making prior... A look at a mirror which can show a different reflection. Quite thought provoking..16/10/2016 #1 Steve BradyThoughtful post, thanks Adam. I've always had an implicit desire to hounour my elders. Your insight to make sure though that we ask questions relevant to today's world makes a lot of sense. The adage, "the good old days" may have aspects of subjective truth, but it can also ensnare the unwary!
Comments14/10/2016 #2 David B. Grinberg"Why Social Startup beBee is Beneficial for Bloggers" - please engage on LinkedIn Pulse and let everyone know why you love the awesome Producer blogging platform. Many thanks! https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-social-startup-bebee-beneficial-bloggers-david-b-grinberg?published=t
- Producer14/10/2016beBee Affinity Networking - Carpe Diem!Feeling the Honey, when it's missing..Yesterday I finally got the notice from our postal service that my beBee package was released. Finally. My "honey" was seized, because honey needs approval license to import, even a small gift. We have a...
Comments17/10/2016 #35 Lisa GallagherVery nice message @Donna-Luisa Eversley. I still love Sugar by Maroon 5!! I remember when they produced the first video for it- surprising the bride, groom and their guests at reception, I thought that was pretty cool. I guess the grooms to be actually signed up to win (or whatever the term is) Maroon 5 surprising their bride at the reception. They were never notified they won, so the guys were still very surprised too.15/10/2016 #31 Donna-Luisa Eversley#15 @Laura Mikolaitis ...hope you will be part of my dance group virtually trying out those killer moves in the video..I aced them all in my mind..if I looked in the mirror, I would get a reality check...lots to smile and laugh with..all honey my friend .😀😉🤗15/10/2016 #28 Donna-Luisa Eversley#12 hahaha @Dean Owen..wow and I thought mine was lost forever..
If I tell you Dean you will believe my crazy week. To top it off started some medical treatment and I willed myself to take the pain, like a woman in a very long labor...scream my lungs out😁
Then I thought , no way is my week ending on a painful cry, but a celebration of what is to come. Mentally transferred myself to a break dancing Dwordslayer with killer dance moves, and voila, got my package and post in two days..it's all honey, hahaha...that my friend is how my energy level got shot through the roof ..
By the way...I'm still dancing🤗😎14/10/2016 #23 Deb HelfrichWell luckily the Trinidadian authorities haven't made any laws against exporting sweetness. But it is probably rather smart to protect island ecosystems. I am so grateful at all the learning and sharing that we get to import into our brains via beBee each day! The complexity of the world is priceless, thanks for another little nugget of brain candy, @Donna-Luisa Eversley14/10/2016 #17 David B. GrinbergThanks so much for another inspiring message, Donna-Luisa. It's always so good to read your "sweet honey" and share your buzz. I wish you all the best and hope you have a wonderful weekend. The buzz is growing! Buzz on...
Also, if and when you have time, I would love to read any comments you might have about the Producer publishing platform, per my recent blog post about it on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-social-startup-bebee-beneficial-bloggers-david-b-grinberg?trk=prof-post
- Producer13/10/2016Retail Intelligence: Profit from Education IIPublished on Digital Imaging Reporter 10/12/16 In my previous Retail Intelligence column, “Profit from Education: How to Build a Successful In-Store Education Program,” I discussed the steps needed to design a classroom space and how to go about...
- Producer14/10/2016Show & Tell: How Kevin and Don Took Online Networking to the Real WorldWhat do a CIO and a professional storyteller have in common? It’s not the beginning of a joke, it’s affinity networking in the making! Don Kerr and Kevin Pashuk separately read about beBee on LinkedIn and as both of them are fond of writing, they...
Comments14/10/2016 #8 John White, MBAGreat stuff, guys! I love reading about how these connections are being made here on beBee. It's funny that the two of you live so close but it took an online platform to make the connection. It kind of shows that beBee really works and can bring great people together.
- 14/10/2016Blogging Importance 2016Blogging is More Important Today than Ever Beforewww.oodlesmarketing.com Nowadays blogging is a backbone to your online content marketing strategy to increase digital presence. Here we will see why blogging is...
- Producer13/10/2016https://www.Not-A-Full-Primer-About-Hive-LinksHives are issued a link address by beBee and unless changed appear to retain the name of the hive at the end of the assigned link address, for example:"Quotes" would become:https://www.bebee.com/hive/quoteswhich also changed the capital 'Q' to a...
Comments16/10/2016 #17 Ben PintoDear David, I have the handicap of being an auditory reader which means that when I read I have to say every word in my mind's ear as opposed to the way most people read. Consequently everything social takes me three times as long. If I try skimming along I will mess things up. The amount of times that another's thought process goes off stream when reading is something I would gladly welcome if could read at a normal speed. I sometimes have to squeeze my eyelids tightly together during times of thinking. Other times I will look up and to the side to concentrate which is awkward when talking with someone.
#1616/10/2016 #16 David B. Grinberg#15 Unfortunately, I'm not a "tech guy" per se. Frankly, I'm a bit clueless when it comes to computer tech issues. Therefore, I should have read your "sweet honey" more closely before opening my big mouth. Thanks for your kind understanding, Ben, as I greatly value our online interaction. Plus, I never like to upset NYers, being that I used to be one myself!16/10/2016 #12 Ben PintoTo all, Just so we are clear, there are limitations to web addresses in the World Wide Web such as not allowing blank spaces. Many different marks whose 'computing' descriptions are more than one space in length. I find no fault with this or with any of the limitations that this causes social media channels to adopt in dealing with it.16/10/2016 #11 Ben Pinto@Javier beBee, @Teresa Gezze and @John White, MBA, David misunderstood the post as I am not suggesting in any way or form that the hive link naming on beBee is at all in need of anything as tiny as a tweak. If it were an issue I would have posted this to 'WANNABEE' or in the case of a complaint to 'GRIPE, both of whom everyone should be following.16/10/2016 #8 Donna-Luisa EversleyHahaha@Ben Pinto ...you my friend have a way of making me laugh at your brain teasers... The things I overlook you find the meaning.. I have to come back.. The only answer I can think is Elaine is really sale or s'ale which can be a beer garden... Shop of ale... See my trend of thought.. 🍺🍺🍺have a beer on me and @Ben Pinto😊15/10/2016 #7 David B. GrinbergThank you for pointing this out @Ben Pinto. There's always room for improvement. Moreover, your constructive observations and questions are worthy of further consideration. Thanks for being a bee! The buzz is growing louder thanks to bees like YOU!
cc: @Javier beBee @Teresa Gezze @John White, MBA15/10/2016 #5 Ben PintoThanks for playing @Franci Eugenia Hoffman
1) hint: the negative image is also in the Pinto Rest Welcome banner
3) Correct again
4) 'quotes' upside down is 'satonb' (sat on b) - the thinker is sitting on the b. Which of the North America BEEs has a profile image of herself/himself as the thinker. Also one of the earliest hive builders in the Americas.
- Producer13/10/2016Interview with Matt Sweetwood, beBee USA President and CEOToday we launch the ‘Bee-hind the Scenes’ section with a very special interview with Matt Sweetwood, beBee’s US CEO and President. Get to know him a little bit better and find out why he believes that his relationship with beBee was meant to be.1....
Comments15/10/2016 #16 AnonymousHow refreshing it is to see the start-up Management team owning this intention to be personal with the community it is building. I for one, am pleasantly surprised by this attention to the true claim of strengthening SM relationships via affinity. The most telling in this interview were your last 5 points @Matt Sweetwood. Because of your answer to #1, I know you are a man with heart & that's a powerful asset!13/10/2016 #12 Jennifer SchultzSo happy to hear the story behind the scenes, @Matt Sweetwood and surprised to read it and learn that you were surprised to be offered the job. You told me recently that you wanted to be very approachable - and that's so important to building a company like beBee! Great Buzz @Teresa Gezze13/10/2016 #9 Deb HelfrichMy favorite bit....that you were surprised when you got the nod. This is a business being built on the exact same principle as it was founded - get to know a person, find out if you get along, and then it becomes easy to see if you can work together profitably.
Oh, so different than the current recruiting experience of putting resumes into an ATS, spending hours talking to people who don't even work for the company and ultimately being judged on what you've done in the past, rather than what you are capable of doing next.
I expect there will soon be a hive dedicated to all the business partnerships that ignited by meeting someone on beBee!13/10/2016 #8 David B. GrinbergWow, what an informative and inspiring interview, @Matt Sweetwood. You, @John White, MBA, @Virag Gulyas and the rest of your team deserve many accolades for all of your outstanding work. beBee has come so far in such a short period of time. The future is so bright that I need to wear my Ray-Bans!
You know that famous saying about NYC: if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere! With that in mind, beBee is very fortunate to have someone with your credentials and social media savvy in such a critically important position.
Lastly, per the interview above, I happen to be a communications person with an affinity for politics -- and BMWs (FYI). Buzz on, Matt!
cc: @Javier beBee @Teresa Gezze
- 13/10/2016How to Prepare for Attending Conferences and Conventions
Attending conferences and conventions requires an investment of time, money, and energy making it important to prepare ahead of time.How To Prepare For Conferences Or Conventions - Sozial Monstersozialmonster.com Preparing for a conferences or conventions is a must to get the best use of your time. Learn how to prepare for a successful...
- 13/10/2016Packers and Movers in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh | Home Shifting Services in Greater Noida | Car and Bike Transportation in Greater Noida Uttar Pradeshwww.packersmovers.dealkare.com Dealkare packer and mover is moving and packing many things in Greater Noida Uttar Pradesh like household, home shifting, bike, car, scooter transportation. Dealkare provides services for national, international office relocation...
- Producer12/10/2016Contribution to the society is the responsibility of everybody Many people assume that contribution to the society is the responsibility of those who are already well settled in life and have nothing else to do; because, even if the average person tried to contribute to the society, it wouldn’t make much...
Comments19/10/2016 #17 Robert CormackI like this Javier. I think building relationships here based on common interests and beliefs demonstrated how "together" we can be. Something tells me that's a strength we can build upon, hopefully to help others. I'd like to think we can make social media a platform for helping as opposed to showing pictures of ourselves.17/10/2016 #16 Praveen Raj GullepalliDear Jav, you have very rightly hit upon the complacency that creeps in from a personal sense of inadequacy in many. It could be due to any reason - poor health, money, work pressure, lack of time, etc. But yes, anybody can make a difference. Even without moving mountains. A random act of kindness a day, a smile, a hug, a cheerful attitude, a word of praise, an unasked raise ;) ...can and do make the world a better place! You express so well! Keep writing Amigo!16/10/2016 #14 Anonymous@Javier beBee, fractals forever. Kudos and thank you.
You Are a Social Leader, definitely. The Butterfly Effect ("Every person can make a difference to the society if they have the will to do so." - Javier Cámara Rica). The Fractal Revolution in Society, beBee affinity network is the first social media because of all members, affinity concept and high degree of awareness of management.13/10/2016 #12 Harvey Lloyd@Javier beBee your concept is timely. But i would offer up a perspective that negativity is a symptom not an outcome. I have read here and other places about "negativity" and it truly has become an emotional concept. I have had staff say, I wanted to say something but i didn't want to appear "negative".
Being negative is a matter of perspective. Steven Covey of Seven Habits fame talks about this as a bank account. Sometimes we withdraw and others we deposit. The balance is what is important, not the deposits or withdrawals. If you have made deposits with the team, negativity is a withdrawal but, no one sees it that way. Lacking deposits then one must be withdrawing from the team on a consistent basis.
I encounter negativity as a learning experience. Now i am not referring to the acute stages of negativity brought on by psycosys. But rather folks who express misunderstanding in a negative way. They apparently have a a different perspective, and i would like to hear it. I might try and discuss the presentation of the perspective so the person can express themselves and make a deposit rather than withdrawal.13/10/2016 #10 Brian McKenzieI have no inclination to join society or civilization again. "TEAM" is something I would consider, but when the machine spat me out - I am not overly excited about plugging back into it, no matter what siren song it sings. Hell, I quite enjoy pouring gas on the smoldering embers for fun and profit.12/10/2016 #3 Dean OwenI like this message. Life is pointless unless we make a difference no matter how small. And I have just spent some time on WeChat, Youtube and Facebook observing some of the conversations there. They are all full of negative people, full of hate for the world. Sharp contrast to beBee.@Donna-Luisa (I cannot tag her) says it best - Happiness is a choice.12/10/2016 #2 Mohammed SultanDear Javier beBee,Thanks for sharing your positive attitude.When paddling we should paddle in the same direction.To direct yourself in the same direction you have to control your reaction to stressful situations.That means to take charge of your mood as you can easily get trapped into a negative mood.We often are not distorted by others action,but by the ideas we take of ourselves.We have therefore to remove distorted thinking patterns,in order to have a room for clear and constructive thoughts which are usually a reflection of our feelings.The emotional culture which you try to create for beBee will be seen in the golden eyes of the bees and in the way they behave in front of their audiences. beBee progress shouldn't only be assessed by the improvements that have been already made but by striving to achieve what remains to be done.12/10/2016 #1 Mohammed A. JawadThanks for the post @Javier beBee. A simple realization can bring in us the awareness, and as we become more aware, it becomes easy for us to contribute something worthwhile...that we way, we can really make difference. Indeed, our good manners can influence others, a little act of kindness can mellow others' rash attitude or even a little smile can make a person cheery. And, after all, simple courtesies doesn't cost anything!
- 10/10/2016Setting Up Internal Static IP Addresses
The expression ‘static’ has the connotation of being stable, meaning that static addresses (unlike dynamic Internet Protocol or IP addresses in short) do not change, so that this address will be identical every single time when we wish to connect from home to the Internet.
#IPAddress #IP #GuestPostSetting Up Internal Static IP Addresses | Vyas Infotechwww.vyasinfotech.com
- Producer09/10/2016THE HIVE - beBeeThe Hive Welcome to the hive ! Join the hive !Be a bee, build your hive !beBee is the next big thing in professional social networking. Our mission is to create a professional world that is more open and connected. beBee is disrupting professional...
- Producer06/10/2016Earn Money Online - Advertising with Added ValueADPACKPRO is an Online Advertising Platform registered in Switzerland in April 2016. The company behind this advertising platform is a Corporation called "OneVision Holding AG" based in Switzerland, headed by 5 owners, each with...
- 05/10/2016Larry Smarr on the future of computing at Future in Review September 2016 "Smarr laid out a vision for computing that breaks free from current paradigms. According to Smarr, the dominant and static Von Neumann computing architecture is poised to be replaced by “flow computing,” where large data sets are parsed in real time to extract nuggets of useful information."Necessity is the mother of flow – Future in Reviewmedium.com By Arunabh...
- 05/10/2016VMware to announce AWS partnership next week.Exclusive: VMware Will Team With Former Nemesis Amazon in Cloud Pactfortune.com The former rivals will announce plans next...
- 04/10/2016Check out beBee via my "Twitter Moments"!
cc: @Javier beBee @Juan Imaz @Matt Sweetwood @John White, MBA @Teresa Gezze @Mamen Delgado @Paul "Pablo" Croubalian @Lisa Gallagher @Dean Owen @Donna-Luisa Eversley @Deb Helfrich @Jim Murray @Pamela L. Williams @Franci Eugenia Hoffman @Milos Djukic @Ali Anani @Gert Scholtz @Pascal Derrien @Renée Cormier @Ashley Marie Taylor @Jim Cody @Lance ScoularbeBee Affinity Social Network Swarming North Americatwitter.com New social startup beBee.com is targeting membership of the 2-year old social platform in the USA and Canada. beBee, based in Madrid and New York City, recently represented the EU at "Startup Europe Comes to Silicon Valley"...
Comments07/10/2016 #14 David B. GrinbergAlso, check out @John White, MBA new article about Twitter Moments via Inc.com
http://www.inc.com/john-white/6-clever-ways-marketers-can-use-twitter-moments-to-tell-their-brands-story.html05/10/2016 #7 Pamela L. WilliamsThat's really great David, Though I do need to send you the Twitter version of the map. It's smaller and fits Twitter requirements. I have it in several sizes if anyone else wants to use it, plus there is the US/Canada collaboration, with both flags that all are welcome to use. I can send the appropriate size depending on use. Just send me your email.04/10/2016 #6 Paul "Pablo" Croubalian#4 I may have to leave that to John. I noticed a "create new moment" button, but, to be honest, I'm still a little fuzzy on it's utility.
Right now, I'm up to my keister in client work and finishing up the WAWNN. I also have the beBee Chrome extension (a.k.a The Pamela Button) sitting in my to-do for like forever!
I just dont know when I'll be able to get to it04/10/2016 #4 David B. Grinberg#1 Thanks @Paul "Pablo" @Paul "Pablo" Croubalian. I just received access to create my own Twitter Moments. I believe Twitter is rolling this out platform-wide. Perhaps you and/or @John White, MBA wants to consider producing some sweet honey about this new feature? (since you're our are resident Twitter experts). Thoughts?
cc: @Javier beBee
- Producer04/10/2016beBee User Experience SurveyHello Bees!User feedback plays an important role to help ensure our platform is delivering the best experience possible to its users. To keep moving onward and upward, we need your help. Please complete the following survey and let us know...
Networking+ 900 buzzes
Networking is the exchange of information or services among individuals, groups, or institutions. Specifically, it is the cultivation of productive relationships for employment or business.
This hive was made to share content that will help its users achieve the practice of networking.
This hive was made to share content that will help its users achieve the practice of networking.